Datamined car list

• Thread starter TumeK5
  • 1,605 comments
We currently dosent know if gt7 is about to end, the car updates is smaller for sure but it seems like the cars pd creating now is even more detailed than the ones in sport updates, and sport updates was a lot less new cars to the series and much more returning cars, and you could also argue thst gt sport was more desperate with bigger car updates with even more lack of cars, i think next year we will see thr updates slow down, and gt8 will most likely get revelaed for the first time, i would not mind pd focus to bring more of gt6 premium cars back to boost the car updates a bit there was many great premium cars in gt6 i would love to see back.

We currently dosent know if gt7 is about to end, the car updates is smaller for sure but it seems like the cars pd creating now is even more detailed than the ones in sport updates, and sport updates was a lot less new cars to the series and much more returning cars, and you could also argue thst gt sport was more desperate with bigger car updates with even more lack of cars, i think next year we will see thr updates slow down, and gt8 will most likely get revelaed for the first time, i would not mind pd focus to bring more of gt6 premium cars back to boost the car updates a bit there was many great premium cars in gt6 i would love to see back.
That must be the longest sentence I have read this week.

Implying GT7 is near the end of its life...?
Bruh no strawman, the point is that GT7 isn't near the end of its life but many of the car updates are like GT Sport's end of life updates (less car per updates).

Bruh no strawman, the point is that GT7 isn't near the end of its life but many of the car updates are like GT Sport's end of life updates (less car per updates).
GT Sport's last 4 content updates only had 1 car added per update, we're getting 3 in GT7, it's quite different

Edit: the last 3 car update for GT Sport was February 27, 2020 while the last content update was July 7, 2021.
The first content update was November 27, 2017.
That's 2 years and 4 months before content started to really decrease.

GT7 first update April 25, 2022, add 2 years and 4 months to that we get July 2024. however I doubt we'll see s decrease in contwent from that date as there isn't any slow down in their marketing, sport mode promotions, adding new manufacturers etc. Slow down will most likely occur next year I reckon

Last edited:
I don't know why it wasn't like GT Sport where iirc there are more cars per update before its near end of life.
Early GT Sport updates aren't comparable for three reasons:
  • We have no idea how much of the early GT Sport content was worked on and almost ready pre-launch (like Forza tracks, currently, where they aren't making a track a month, they're releasing as they are finishing)
  • There were many slam-dunk, important to the series PS3-era Premium cars to re-add at that point, which it is assumed take less time than completely new cars; whereas now they're more focused on new-to-series cars and the remaining Premiums are a lot of "made sense in GT5/6 when they were new but are they important in GT7" types.
  • GT Sport's critical reviews pretty much universally said "this game is lacking content, especially road car content". Especially since that was a time before all the reports about crunch in the industry, it wouldn't shock me if they were working unsustainably in that time period to try and placate reviewers' concerns about content variety.
Edit: Also, game development in general just takes longer in 2024 than it did in 2017, across every developer in the industry.

Last edited:
There is 20+ cars left in the datamine. Probably not every car will be added in GT7 life, but some cars not in database will be added. Condidering a standard update at 3 cars per months, there is like 1 year of "regular" update left. GT7 will be then 3 years old. GTS was 5 years old when GT7 were released, so there is probably 2 years with a few content update and/or minors updates.
So I would say around 40 cars to be added before GT8, and 2 or 3 tracks.

Last edited:
There is 20+ cars left in the datamine. Probably not every car will be added in GT7 life, but some cars not in database will be added. Condidering a standard update at 3 cars per months, there is like 1 year of "regular" update left. GT7 will be then 3 years old. GTS was 5 years old when GT7 were released, so there is probably 2 years with a few content update and/or minors updates.
Agreed, i do belive in october or november we get a bigger drop of cars like 5 or 6, with a new track.

improvments for sophy ai for ps5, bigger drop of more single player content maybe even more features. And i guess ps5 pro Will get better graphics, vr improvments and maybe even raytracing during gameplay.

Agreed, i do belive in october or november we get a bigger drop of cars like 5 or 6, with a new track.

improvments for sophy ai for ps5, bigger drop of more single player content maybe even more features. And i guess ps5 pro Will get better graphics, vr improvments and maybe even raytracing during gameplay.
Raytracing during gameplay is a safe bet, regarding the PS5 Pro specs (though still a rumour). Pro will be 2-3x faster in computing Raytracing. Hope the Pro will also eliminate the framedrops GT7 has here and there, though there are rare.

Raytracing during gameplay is a safe bet, regarding the PS5 Pro specs (though still a rumour). Pro will be 2-3x faster in computing Raytracing. Hope the Pro will also eliminate the framedrops GT7 has here and there, though there are rare.
If there is enough improvments i will think of switching to ps5 pro.

And if they release a ps5 pro so late in ps5 life circle, i think it safe to say that ps6 is not coming any time soon.

Proably get gt8 before even ps6 arrives

If there is enough improvments i will think of switching to ps5 pro.

And if they release a ps5 pro so late in ps5 life circle, i think it safe to say that ps6 is not coming any time soon.

Proably get gt8 before even ps6 arrives
PlayStation release dates were 1. 1994, 2. 2000, 3. 2006, 4. 2013, 5. 2020. Therefore I doubt PlayStation 6 will be released before 2027, late 2026 at the very earliest.

Pro's AI upscaling is the most exciting part to me. If SONY can get something closer to DLSS, then that would be amazing.

I can only hope that Gran Turismo 8 will utilize PS5 & Pro hardware to its absolute fullest.

Not about total amount of car added but about how many cars added per update.
GT Sport's last 4 content updates only had 1 car added per update, we're getting 3 in GT7, it's quite different

Edit: the last 3 car update for GT Sport was February 27, 2020 while the last content update was July 7, 2021.
The first content update was November 27, 2017.
That's 2 years and 4 months before content started to really decrease.

GT7 first update April 25, 2022, add 2 years and 4 months to that we get July 2024. however I doubt we'll see s decrease in contwent from that date as there isn't any slow down in their marketing, sport mode promotions, adding new manufacturers etc. Slow down will most likely occur next year I reckon
Fair enough, I forgot how long GT Sport had complete updates and how many cars per update for that period.
Early GT Sport updates aren't comparable for three reasons:
  • We have no idea how much of the early GT Sport content was worked on and almost ready pre-launch (like Forza tracks, currently, where they aren't making a track a month, they're releasing as they are finishing)
  • There were many slam-dunk, important to the series PS3-era Premium cars to re-add at that point, which it is assumed take less time than completely new cars; whereas now they're more focused on new-to-series cars and the remaining Premiums are a lot of "made sense in GT5/6 when they were new but are they important in GT7" types.
  • GT Sport's critical reviews pretty much universally said "this game is lacking content, especially road car content". Especially since that was a time before all the reports about crunch in the industry, it wouldn't shock me if they were working unsustainably in that time period to try and placate reviewers' concerns about content variety.
Edit: Also, game development in general just takes longer in 2024 than it did in 2017, across every developer in the industry.
If something like graphics and many other things already hit the ceiling for video games now, seems the advancement for game industry later should be the capability to pump up more quality content in shorter time.

If something like graphics and many other things already hit the ceiling for video games now, seems the advancement for game industry later should be the capability to pump up more quality content in shorter time.

Hmmm… Im ok with that. To be honest i really do not need GT to look better it just need more content and features. Wouldn’t be mad if GT8 looked similar.

Hmmm… Im ok with that. To be honest i really do not need GT to look better it just need more content and features. Wouldn’t be mad if GT8 looked similar.
Graphics is just one example, but many other things too like features, gameplay, etc.

Back