Destiny 2

• Thread starter Katiegan
  • 320 comments
Im enjoying the bows a lot. It's a bit funny that you can take out enemies from the other side of a map though :lol:

Was holding off on finishing the Chaperone quest. Decided to knock it out today, was really easy for me (granted some luck was involved).

The forsaken has really impressed me, consistantly aswell. First time ive enjoyed destiny consistantly since rise of iron, or even The Taken King.

The forsaken has really impressed me, consistantly aswell. First time ive enjoyed destiny consistantly since rise of iron, or even The Taken King.
I went in a skeptic and have been pleasantly surprised. I think I've done about 3 of the story missions but have played it constantly since I bought it about a week ago. Theres so much to do now and I enjoy that very much. I just hope they make year 1 weapons useful again.

Why when playing gambit do you always end up on a team of awful players and have to carry them all the time?

The more I play Gambit, the less I like it. If it wasn't for the Clan Bounties, I probably wouldn't even touch it.

I've given up on it and usually go into autopilot mode

What Drifter says: "Bank your motes to summon a primeval!"

What most D2 players hear: "Kill trash mobs for another minute or so until you've no chance of winning!"

The Competitive grind for Luna's Howl is literally eating away at my soul. There won't be anything left of me when I'm done... :boggled:

Bungie has split with Activision, but they keep the rights to Destiny. 👍👍

https://www.pcgamer.com/bungie-splits-with-activision-keeps-control-of-destiny/

Had a feeling Activision was going to give them the axe ever since the mediocre launch of Destiny 2. Considering the franchise is near the top of most expensive video games ever developed, they were probably bleeding millions since the disappointing sales figures were first announced.

Now I hope that Bungie somehow acquires the rights to Halo from 343 and revives that series from it's sleepwalking.

Had a feeling Activision was going to give them the axe ever since the mediocre launch of Destiny 2. Considering the franchise is near the top of most expensive video games ever developed, they were probably bleeding millions since the disappointing sales figures were first announced.

Now I hope that Bungie somehow acquires the rights to Halo from 343 and revives that series from it's sleepwalking.

They won't. Halo is tucked into Microsofts pocket. No matter how many times they murder the title, they won't give it back.

While I'm happy to hear that Cractivision and Bungie have broken ties, it isn't enough to make me want to jump back into the game again.
D2 is still pretty much a dumpster fire that they keep throwing anything that they can to try to salvage it.
I'll probably check back in when rumors of the next crack free Destiny title start to surface.

Destiny 2 is a write off for me as well, I had it on Xbox and it just didn't click with me. It was also free for PS+ members a few months back, I haven't even started it up yet though.

I'm very glad Activision is out of the picture now, it will be good for Bungie.

Last edited:
Destiny is an odd one for me. I love the game at its core and really enjoy it for the most part. I just wish it wasnt such a grind to get to max light level. Im primarily a solo player so raids are out of the question. I just wish i could get to max level and then be able to spec my char to how i want. So i could be as effective in gambit and maybe not get ruined in crucible. Not just having the highest light stuff on out of neccessity.

Forsaken gave it a new lease of life for me and I ended up playing it for quite a while on PS4. It's a lot better than what it was when it first came out. I got an Xbox with FH4 for Christmas though so I've stopped playing it for now. It is quite hard to enjoy it as a solo player sometimes however and I'm nowhere near max light level.

Ive gone back to my old faithful now for my looty shooty needs :D Borderlands THC.👍

Destiny is an odd one for me. I love the game at its core and really enjoy it for the most part. I just wish it wasnt such a grind to get to max light level. Im primarily a solo player so raids are out of the question. I just wish i could get to max level and then be able to spec my char to how i want. So i could be as effective in gambit and maybe not get ruined in crucible. Not just having the highest light stuff on out of neccessity.

Same. I love the core play of the game itself. But the Grind ... ugh.

After Warmind and before Forsaken the grind to get anywhere became increasingly stupid. I'd play when I could for a week and my light level went no where. I might get 1 thing higher than the light level I was at, but it wouldn't make an impact. I kept at it until a couple weeks before Forsaken launched before it finally broke me.

I just want to play a game to be able to play a game. Not grind for weeks in order to be able to do "something" in the game.

I hear that Anthem isn't supposed to be as much of a grind. I've pre-ordered in order to get in on the beta to give it a try.
Depending on how that goes will determine if I end up buying it or not.

Same. I love the core play of the game itself. But the Grind ... ugh.

After Warmind and before Forsaken the grind to get anywhere became increasingly stupid. I'd play when I could for a week and my light level went no where. I might get 1 thing higher than the light level I was at, but it wouldn't make an impact. I kept at it until a couple weeks before Forsaken launched before it finally broke me.

I just want to play a game to be able to play a game. Not grind for weeks in order to be able to do "something" in the game.

I hear that Anthem isn't supposed to be as much of a grind. I've pre-ordered in order to get in on the beta to give it a try.
Depending on how that goes will determine if I end up buying it or not.

The problem in destiny are the "Soft Caps" on loot. 500 light level in the Forsaken, Is when regular loot stops dropping above your light level and the only way to get better level gear is do the weekly powerful engram bounties (and prime engrams). Thats the only way and means because if you finish all those powerful gear bounties ypu have to wait until the next reset to improve your character any further. I dont see why green quality items cant drop all the way through to the top level. The power leveling from the soft cap to the light level cap is by far the worst thing in destiny.

Gerr 🤬 gerr. One thing left to do with Drang. One thing. Find a 🤬 exotic engram. I found one. It went to the postmaster.

I collected it. It hasn't completed the quest for objective 2. Decript Exotic Engram. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Thread resurrection from page 5.

Destiny 2 is going Free to Play this autumn. It will include the base game and the first two expansions of the original season pass.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/06/dest...s-reveals-shadowkeep-adds-cross-save-9853410/

I want to touch on this further. Destiny First Light isn't going to start how D2 starts. What will happen is you will start in Old Russia like D1, do that whole first mission, get a ship and go to the tower. Right after you land, you can play whatever you want.

Source: this video

Bump:

Thorn's The Chasm of Screams strike is true to it's name. It makes you scream. Being a warlock, a thrall sneezes on me and I die. I'm now considering if I really want thorn that badly.

Bump:

Thorn's The Chasm of Screams strike is true to it's name. It makes you scream. Being a warlock, a thrall sneezes on me and I die. I'm now considering if I really want thorn that badly.
The 660 light strike? I tried once. Not again. Even for Thorn.

The 660 light strike? I tried once Not again. Even for Thorn.

@Terronium-12 tried to help me with it and we got up to Savathun's song and the final wave of knights (when it's shielded above those spinning platforms). That's where it continuously fell apart due to the two named knights on either end.

I figure since it's 660, I'll probably use a sniper rifle/scout rifle combo at the end so I can keep my distance and pick off these fools. That's if @Terronium-12 would like to help me again.

I pulled out some Y1 masterwork guns that I think could help: Masterwork'd Crimson (which I forgot I had), Braytech RWP MKII (the enemies killed tracker is bugged so it forever shows zero) and I have a Y1 tarantula I'm on the fence on right now because I'm running through Black Armory and Menagerie and I really like the machine guns being dropped from both.

I might think about attacking Chasm of Screams again soon..

I pulled out some Y1 masterwork guns that I think could help: Masterwork'd Crimson (which I forgot I had), Braytech RWP MKII (the enemies killed tracker is bugged so it forever shows zero) and I have a Y1 tarantula I'm on the fence on right now because I'm running through Black Armory and Menagerie and I really like the machine guns being dropped from both.

I might think about attacking Chasm of Screams again soon..
Don't forget. There's a new it's not Thorn I promise hand cannon to go for now.

Latest Posts

Back