Do you believe in God?

• Thread starter Patrik
  • 24,085 comments

Do you believe in god?

• Of course, without him nothing would exist!

Votes: 616 30.5%
  • Maybe.

Votes: 368 18.2%
  • No way!

Votes: 1,035 51.3%

• Total voters
It's okay to drop nuclear bombs over settlements and kill thousands of people because nuclear bombs act as a deterrent for more war and not as a true solution to humanities problems?
Are you able to walk through the justification for this? Where does it come from?

I simply accept the raw truth of reality.
Proof required.
your scientists
Still distancing yourself from the fact that you're using the application of centuries of science (which is the objective process of acquiring knowledge, not the application of the knowledge, nor a system of faith or belief) to communicate this nonsense :lol:

Still distancing yourself from the fact that you're using the application of centuries of science (which is the objective process of acquiring knowledge, not the application of the knowledge, nor a system of faith or belief) to communicate this nonsense :lol:
Little bid mad there are we? Hit a nerve did we? I communicate what I communicate, I don't invent creations with the intention of them killing hundreds of thousands of people, which your precious science and scientists did oh so effectively.

ask your scientists who invented such disgusting creations.
In your mind, wouldn't it be god who invented the scientists and the creations and all of science and all of war?

which your precious science and scientists did oh so effectively.
I mean, not as effectively as religion. Again nuclear bombs, throughout all of human history, are not responsible for anywhere near as many deaths as the single holy war I mentioned. Why are you so focused on nuclear physics?

Last edited:
In your mind, wouldn't it be god who invented the scientists and the creations and all of science and all of war?

I mean, not as effectively as religion. Again nuclear bombs, throughout all of human history, are not responsible for anywhere near as many deaths as the single holy war I mentioned. Why are you so focused on nuclear physics?
Why is it always science vs religion, why can't we all just conclude that indulging in activities with the intent of harming or killing anyone else is just ******* awful all around?

Last edited:
I don't invent creations with the intention of them killing hundreds of thousands of people, which your precious science and scientists did oh so effectively.
Can you point out anywhere in science where this is the case? Even a single time?
Why is it always science vs religion, why can't we all just conclude that indulging in activities with the intent of harming of killing anyone else is just ******* awful all around?
We kind of tried to, but then you argued against that because we don't believe in souls.

Last edited:
Little bid mad there are we?
Nope. That's an ad iram.
I communicate what I communicate
Using science.
your precious science and scientists
Whose work you're relying on to communicate. If you wish to distance yourself from science and scientists, using a computing device to post drivel on the internet is somewhat hypocritical - as well as comical.

Whose work you're relying on to communicate. If you wish to distance yourself from science and scientists, using a computing device to post drivel on the internet is somewhat hypocritical - as well as comical.
Yeah, I do often feel as if though engaging with most on here is a complete waste of time and energy yet here we are, God must want me here for some reason I guess?

You're not actually doing this. People respond to you in good faith and you just ignore everything they said and post specious and fallacious responses.
God must want me here for some reason I guess?
According to your solipsistic approach, that only means you must want you here - having imagined that here exists.

I don't excuse anything because I'm not position of power to do so (that's God's job), I simply accept the raw truth of reality.
The only thing you accept is brainwashing & a lack of empathy.
You seem to be the one who has a problem with certain aspects of reality and because of that you cause yourself more grief and suffering as a result.
Nope.

I’m just not an ******* who thinks something like child suffering is part of God’s plan so “who gives a ****”, they’re going to “see something better”.

Little bid mad there are we? Hit a nerve did we? I communicate what I communicate, I don't invent creations with the intention of them killing hundreds of thousands of people, which your precious science and scientists did oh so effectively.
Politics isn't real. It's a farce made up by Big Science.

Are you forgetting about when you invented anthrax? And polar bears? Both of those things have killed trillions of people each. I don't know what you used to invent them, but it clearly wasn't science.

I don't think you've got any moral legs to stand on when it comes to inventing weapons of mass destruction.

Are you forgetting about when you invented anthrax? And polar bears? Both of those things have killed trillions of people each. I don't know what you used to invent them, but it clearly wasn't science.

I don't think you've got any moral legs to stand on when it comes to inventing weapons of mass destruction.
This is what I don't understand about @Ghost Lap's stance on this. Smallpox has been around for centuries and has killed 100's of millions of people. Is this all part of his gods plan? Killing millions for ***** and giggles?

If it weren't for science Smallpox/his god would still be killing people.

This is what I don't understand about @Ghost Lap's stance on this. Smallpox has been around for centuries and has killed 100's of millions of people. Is this all part of his gods plan? Killing millions for ***** and giggles?

If it weren't for science Smallpox/his god would still be killing people.
Yeah, but smallpox was God so that's excused because reasons. Polar bears were Ghost Lap personally, so he takes full responsibility for those furry abominations.

I'm pretty sure he also invented chattel slavery.

Last edited:
Looks like this is a problem for everyone.

Oh say, what is truth? ’Tis the fairest gem
That the riches of worlds can produce,
And priceless the value of truth will be when
The proud monarch’s costliest diadem
Is counted but dross and refuse.

Yes, say, what is truth? ’Tis the brightest prize
To which mortals or Gods can aspire.
Go search in the depths where it glittering lies,
Or ascend in pursuit to the loftiest skies:
’Tis an aim for the noblest desire.

The sceptre may fall from the despot’s grasp
When with winds of stern justice he copes.
But the pillar of truth will endure to the last,
And its firm-rooted bulwarks outstand the rude blast
And the wreck of the fell tyrant’s hopes.

Then say, what is truth? ’Tis the last and the first,
For the limits of time it steps o’er.
Tho the heavens depart and the earth’s fountains burst,
Truth, the sum of existence, will weather the worst,
Eternal, unchanged, evermore.

We shall see.

Oh say, what is truth? ’Tis the fairest gem
That the riches of worlds can produce,
And priceless the value of truth will be when
The proud monarch’s costliest diadem
Is counted but dross and refuse.

Yes, say, what is truth? ’Tis the brightest prize
To which mortals or Gods can aspire.
Go search in the depths where it glittering lies,
Or ascend in pursuit to the loftiest skies:
’Tis an aim for the noblest desire.

The sceptre may fall from the despot’s grasp
When with winds of stern justice he copes.
But the pillar of truth will endure to the last,
And its firm-rooted bulwarks outstand the rude blast
And the wreck of the fell tyrant’s hopes.

Then say, what is truth? ’Tis the last and the first,
For the limits of time it steps o’er.
Tho the heavens depart and the earth’s fountains burst,
Truth, the sum of existence, will weather the worst,
Eternal, unchanged, evermore.

We shall see.
"Eppur si muove" -- Galileo Galilei

Last edited:
Nah, not really.
We shall see.
Will you though? That's just an excuse not to think. "You just wait, eventually you'll see I'm right" gets you to the end of the universe without having bothered to consider that you might actually just be huffing military grade copium.
"Eppur si muove" -- Galileo Galilei
I would say that the church does not have a stunning record of being shown to be right in the long run. Or even in the general ball park of right.

Maybe, it depends what it is. Humans are notoriously garbage at estimating very small probabilities. Our brains see a one in a million chance and think "basically impossible, got it". Ignoring that with a one in a million chance that means it probably happens all the time because the planet is enormous.

That's why it's pretty important with probabilities to actually sit down and do the math instead of just going "that doesn't seem plausible". What are the chances of you seeing a piece of information that you really needed just as you needed it? Pretty small, but only for that specific piece of information. Realistically, there's all sorts of stuff out there that could be massively improving your life that you're not seeing, but you don't know because you're not seeing it until later. And all the stuff that you already learned has already improved your life so it doesn't even get added into the equation.

But if you learn enough (and in the modern age we're exposed to an awful lot of information), it's almost certain that eventually you will learn something in, say, the 24 hour period just before that information becomes relevant and useful to you. I'd say that most people in their lives at some point run into a problem and think "hey, I just learned how to deal with this yesterday!" What seems like it should be implausible is actually almost certain due to the length of time involved and the sheer number of potential opportunities.
I think it's fair to speculate that what Senna experienced could be described as depersonalisation/derealisation.

For me, I've felt things that could be classed under that umbrella, and at times I wasn't taking the high dose Baclofen. These instances involved interactions with the world at large, be it with other people or specific circumstances.

Then there's the deja vu problem, which I haven't heard a reasonable explanation for yet.

Last edited:
An all-seeing, all-knowing and all-powerful "God" would have to be aware of some of "His" creations'--which necessarily includes those who purport to follow "His" "word"--desire to rape children and any propensity to act on that desire. "He" would have to observe such heinous acts, being all-seeing, and then do nothing about them. Being all-knowing, "He" would have be aware of the frequency with which those so abused as children become abusers and perpetrate the same heinous acts, possibly even observing all such acts simultaneously, time presumably being something by which "He" is unconstrained and unaffected. Is "God" "Himself" a pedophile? What would that say about those who purport to follow "His" "word", even if some of those individuals may not share the desires of those who may perpetrate such heinous acts?

Last edited:
An all-seeing, all-knowing and all-powerful "God" would have to be aware of some of "His" creations'--which necessarily includes those who purport to follow "His" "word"--desire to rape children and any propensity to act on that desire. "He" would have to observe such heinous acts, being all-seeing, and then do nothing about them. Being all-knowing, "He" would have be aware of the frequency with which those so abused as children become abusers and perpetrate the same heinous acts, possibly even observing all such acts simultaneously, time presumably being something by which "He" is unconstrained and unaffected. Is "God" "Himself" a pedophile? What would that say about those who purport to follow "His" "word", even if some of those individuals may not share the desires of those who may perpetrate such heinous acts?
This is why there's something called 'Judgement Day'. Rapists, warmongers, criminals, etc, will eventually meet their fate in Hell.

Is "God" "Himself" a pedophile? What would that say about those who purport to follow "His" "word", even if some of those individuals may not share the desires of those who may perpetrate such heinous acts?
ezgif-7-46f697fd3e.gif

Last edited:
This is why there's something called 'Judgement Day'. Rapists, warmongers, criminals, etc, will eventually meet their fate in Hell.
Sure is a good thing they don't have a way for people to absolve all sins (except for blasphemy).
It's non of my business tbh. Christians can hold each other accountable.
Could have fooled me. Hell there's clear scammers running mega churches yet they get celebrated more than anything. Guess the private jets get them closer to heaven and the mansion gives the lord more room to crash when he comes to visit.

Last edited:
Could have fooled me. Hell there's clear scammers running mega churches yet they get celebrated more than anything. Guess the private jets get them closer to heaven and the mansion gives the lord more room to crash when he comes to visit.
Like I said Christians can hold each other accountable by reading their book but they simply aren't. The brain is a magnificent organ, it takes information, processes it and chooses whether to store it or throw it away.

Back