Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,259 comments
Yep title is vacated.

Honestly, when she returns. Rhea vs. Liv needs to Main Event the next possible Australian show. The heat on Liv Morgan would be unreal to be a Heel for a day

At least WWE didn't just slap their logo on the middle of their last iteration of the World Tag Team Championship, but did a new look for it in the process :sly:

Last edited:
At least WWE didn't just slap their logo on the middle of their last iteration of the World Tag Team Championship, but did a new look for it in the process :sly:
Kinda funny though. Raw Tag Team Championship had the lineage of the WWE Tag Team Championship made in 2002 as a counterpart of the World Tag Team Championship but now it takes the name of its old and late counterpart :lol:

Very good match between Sami and Chad, even if the result was never in doubt taking place in Montreal.

Happy that they pulled the trigger on Heel Gable, this could be a fun rivalry.

Looks like its around three months out for Rhea, she suffered an AC tear on her right shoulder which took a hard whack on the wall during the attack angle with Liv Morgan on last weeks show. Its not really a serious injury but it is gutting for Rhea to vacate the title and for WWE as she has been a mainstay in the women's division for five years. but really its just a bump in the road and she'll be back pretty soon. Its interesting to see what they do with that title next week as really its only Liv and Nia Jax left on Raw....plus Becky of course but we don't know if she'll be around.

Great decision to turn Chad Gable heel and a great time to do it too, he attacked Sami just as he was hugging his wife! They had a really good match in the main event and the crowd were amazing and not just for that match but throughout the show. it was also great camera work before the match when Sami entered through the crowd which was amazing. The last half hour of last nights Raw was fantastic.

The new world tag titles is in line with the other titles on Raw, the world heavyweight title and the women's world title, Awesome Truth will face DIY for the new titles next week after they won a triple threat match, I'm assuming there will be new tag title on Smackdown too. Great to see Sheamus back last night, he had his first match back after eight months out and he faced Ivar. he looked really happy to be back.

Also there was QR code that popped up on screen during New Day's entrance, if you scan it you just get some weird code that you have to decipher. There was also some TV interference on Smackdown during the women's tag match where the words 'you forgot about us' appeared briefly on the bottom of the screen. And there was a little something on last week's Raw when they showed Bronson Reed warming up backstage but I missed that bit.

Apparently this all ties in with whatever they are going to be doing with Bo Dallas and the Wyatt Family, there are plans to bring them all back in some form. I think Braun Strowman is still injured and Erick Rowan is in contract disputes with another company.

Strowman is close to getting cleared, so he should be ready by the supposed Summerslam debut of the group.

Positive news from NXT, Ridge Holland retirement was just a storyline.

Though since it is a storyline, they brought him back quite underwhelming, I feel like a longer wait and an unannouced attack would be better.

He's probably happy that he finally has his old theme back 😆
Also fitting. A return after Wrestlemania is how he lost his theme but he has it again from returning again after Wrestlemania

Honestly, when she returns. Rhea vs. Liv needs to Main Event the next possible Australian show. The heat on Liv Morgan would be unreal to be a Heel for a day
It sucks for Rhea but for a story line. Don't think WWE could have asked for better. The pop for Rhea's return is going to be huge, especially if Liv is still* the champ by then.

*I say still because it seems obvious she will win it next week. Outside of Becky, there's no one on Raw currently who look capable of holding it.

Her reign as Smackdown Women's Champion was meh as a face. She might be a better Champion as a heel.
I dont blame Liv for that, the storyline with her and Rousey was really bad on top of fickle fans way too quickly turning on her because of the storyline

WWE mini tour of the UK started in Birmingham tonight. Cody Rhodes defended his title against Shinsuke Nakamura and there was a fatal four way for the IC title between Sami Zayn, Chad Gable, Gunther and Finn Balor.

They need to do that four way on TV in the future as it sounds amazing!

Mr Rogers Clown GIF

This like the biggest non-issue :lol:. Transgender people in sports is usually a hot topic but unlike most, Wrestling is scripted entertainment, any biological differences don't matter when the wrestlers are meant to adhere to a storyline :lol:. Should be the easiest, be what you identify as ever.

Also lets just ignore TNA experimenting with Intergender matches and even a female World Champion :lol:

Advertised for Smackdown tonight.

Bayley v Naomi-women's title match.
LA Knight v AJ Styles-winner faces Cody Rhodes for his title at Backlash.
Street Profits v AOP v Carillo & Garza v New Catch Republic-number one contenders tag title match.
More Bloodline stuff.

God, can they pick someone to be a jobber for the Bloodline that isn't Kevin Owens. Solo trying to pioneer this faction was already a problem but the moment they said Kevin Owens made me turn off, nothing even new if they just pick on the same jobber :( :lol:

Last edited:
I'm quite liking this new Bloodline thing, having Solo take over like he has is refreshing and Tonga looks bad ass, its going to be really interesting to see what happens when Roman returns, they could and should have used anyone else but Kevin Owens though.

AJ Styles and The Street Profits are number one contenders for the WWE title and new WWE tag titles. Like on Raw the Smackdown tag champs were given new belts and they look similar to the old WWE tag titles, Waller and Theory didn't shake Triple H's hand though which was a bit weird.

Bayley and Naomi were having a good match but Tiffany Stratton attacked both and caused the DQ, no big surprise with those releases.

I'm quite liking this new Bloodline thing, having Solo take over like he has is refreshing and Tonga looks bad ass, its going to be really interesting to see what happens when Roman returns, they could and should have used anyone else but Kevin Owens though.

AJ Styles and The Street Profits are number one contenders for the WWE title and new WWE tag titles. Like on Raw the Smackdown tag champs were given new belts and they look similar to the old WWE tag titles, Waller and Theory didn't shake Triple H's hand though which was a bit weird.

Bayley and Naomi were having a good match but Tiffany Stratton attacked both and caused the DQ, no big surprise with those releases.
Personally, I love it too - am expecting it to lead to Tribal War Games (hopefully Rock and Roman are both available for that).
Am expecting the Bloodline thing to playout as Roman comes back for Summerslam rematch with Cody, takes back the Bloodline, then Rock (maybe on purpose, but probably 'accidentally') costs Roman the match - which starts to lead to the splinter happening -

Rock gets his match against Cody at the November Saudi PPV, but Roman actually costs him the match, which leads directly into Survivor Series: War Games being the next PPV.
Probably OG Bloodline (Reigns and the Usos) v New Bloodline (Rock, Solo, Tama) with room to add one on each side. Jacob Fatu is rumoured to be coming in, so I'd expect him on... possibly the new side, with maybe the Honorary Uce coming back as the OG Bloodline ring-in.

Then.... slow burn until the road to Mania, where we finally get the Rock (Heel) v Reigns (Face) match.

---

Tag titles are amazing, I like the SD one's better tbh. I was talking to a mate about a "Top 12 belts" (because we saw someone's shelf online that has spot for 12 belts, so what would we put in there). I think that's one of them for me. My shelf of 12 isn't necessarily my 'Top 12', but just the 12 I'd get if I was buying right now (so would have a bit more recency bias to it).

1. WWE Undisputed Universal Championship (2023-)
  2. WWE World Heavyweight Championship (2023-)
  3. WWE Championship (1998-2002)
  4. WWE Championship (1988-1998)
  5. Big Gold (either the WCW version, or the 2002-2013 WHC version)
  6. WWE Championship/Undisputed Championship (2002-2005
  7. WWE Intercontinental Championship (Attitude/Ruthless Aggression era)
  8. NWA Worlds Heavyweight Championship
  9. WCW United States Championship (1991-2001)
  10. WWE United States Championship (2004-2005 John Cena Version)
  11. WWE Tag Team Championship (2024-)
  12. WWE Intercontinental Championship (2011-2019) OR ECW Championship (1998-2001) OR ECW Championship (2006-2008)
---
Well... that's surely a triple threat in France yeah? (Bayley v Naomi v Stratton)

Tag titles are amazing, I like the SD one's better tbh. I was talking to a mate about a "Top 12 belts" (because we saw someone's shelf online that has spot for 12 belts, so what would we put in there). I think that's one of them for me. My shelf of 12 isn't necessarily my 'Top 12', but just the 12 I'd get if I was buying right now (so would have a bit more recency bias to it).

12. WWE Intercontinental Championship (2011-2019) OR ECW Championship (1998-2001) OR ECW Championship (2006-2008)
---
Belt on Shelf time?
In no order:

• NWA Worlds Heavyweight Championship
  • WWE Championship (2002-2005)
  • WWE Championship (Winged Eagle)
  • WWE Intercontinental Championship (AE/Ruthless Aggression)
  • World Tag Team Championship (WWE, 2002-2010)
  • IWGP Heavyweight Championship (final design)
  • Artist of Stardom Championship (mostly for each belt in the trio being a different color strap)
  • Big Gold (same versions as yours)
  • NWA World Television Championship (1985-92, 2019-present; confusingly, both lineages are considered different as the '85-92 would evolve into the WCW World TV Championship)

Becky Lynch was on an Irish chat show promoting her book and she said that Seth has had surgery on his torn meniscus that he suffered earlier in the year, they thought it healed up in time for Mania but he worked with it through the weekend.

Seth is an absolute warrior for that, he was apart of three matches whilst suffering that injury, obviously the tag match on night one and his world title match on night two but he made a brief but important cameo during Cody's title win, I'm wishing him a speedy recovery and hope he has a well earned rest.

Oooh, these are fun. The new tag titles are nice and a welcome change, and already are some of the best tag belts used currently.
  1. WWF Championship (1988-1998 "Winged Eagle")
  2. IWGP Heavyweight Championship (2008-2021 4th version, WTF Kota...)
  3. The Big Gold Belt (Preferrably Flair's original unbranded one.)
  4. IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship (Current iteration, could be higher with a few tweaks.)
  5. AEW Mens World Championship
  6. ROH Womens World Championship
  7. ROH Mens World Championship (2017-2023, why'd they change it.)
  8. WWE Tag Team Championship (Give the globe a bit of color and it'll be better than the old ones.)
  9. Never Openweight Championship
  10. WWE NXT UK Tag Team Championship
  11. WWECW Championship (I don't know why, but it is...)

Back