• Thread starter inCloud
  • 97 comments
Russian Federation
Russian Federation
Kannon33r
deRmy9K.jpg

Developer: Battlestate Games
Platform: PC
Release date: TBA(currently early access beta test)
Web: Official site

Escape from Tarkov is a hardcore and realistic online first-person action RPG with MMO features and a story-driven walkthrough.

With each passing day the situation in the Norvinsk region grows more and more complicated. Incessant warfare in Tarkov has sparked massive panic; the local population has fled the city, but those who stayed are looking to improve their fortunes at the expense of others. Having accepted the new reality, savage Tarkov locals - "Scavs" flocked into well-armed gangs and started the redivision of the city. Nowadays, Tarkov is separated by unseen borders, controlled by different groups. Gain-greedy gunmen would go to any length to have their way, including the murder of civilians and direct confrontation with the two private military companies.
The players will have to experience living in the skin of one of the mercenaries who survived the initial stage of the Tarkov conflict. After choosing one of the sides – USEC or BEAR – the player’s character starts to make his way out of the city. Tarkov is sealed off by UN and Russian military, supply chains are cut, communication with operational command is lost, and in these conditions everyone has to make his own choices of what to do and how to get out of the chaos-ridden metropolis.

Features:
  • Realistic tactical gameplay
  • Indepth gun customization and tons of equipment
  • Rich roleplay system
  • Highly detailed setting
  • PvPvE system
  • Full loot on death
  • 11 maps(currently 6)

Last edited:
Setting for game(Russia2028 Universe) was created in 2008, but after some initial development of S.t.a.l.k.e.r-like game team refocused to Contract Wars - browser based CoD clone. After success with CW, team merged into two teams - AbsolutSoft start making clientside Contract Wars 2.0(you can see it in steam early access as Hired Ops) and BSG start making Escape from Tarkov.

Both games takes place in fictional Russian Norvinsk region(red poligon) between Saint-Petersburg and Finland - EFT in Tarkov and Contract Wars/Hired Ops in Norvinsk(since last year they start making maps in different regions).

gRrdglo.jpg

Realistic tactical gameplay
When S.t.a.l.k.e.r meets Insurgency and Dayz:
  • Feel your character via health and physical characteristics, including hydration, energy, blood pressure, bloodloss, fractures, contusion, intoxication, exhaustion, tremors and so on.
  • Control your character freely - smooth speed and stance changes and transitions, leaning and proning.
  • Be aware of real-life ballistics and projectile hit physics.
  • Get ready to feel the weapon as it is in real life. Get used to physical concepts of weapon operating - jamming, overheating, wearout, reloading, aiming, charging and, of course, shooting.
  • Discover the most advanced weapon modding system ever. Change everything you want to expand your weapon’s tactical abilities.
  • Interact with the environment to gain situational domination - switch lights, commence tactical entry with door interaction system.
  • Up to 5 squad members
  • Minimalistic HUD without markers

Rich roleplay system
  • ~ 100 skills from Strength and Memory to Weapon Mastering
  • Deep inventory and item management system - containers, item researching, search mastering skills, thousands of items
  • Gain reputation with Traders by completing quests to unlock new items, quests and additional extraction passes

PvPvE system
  • In raids you can cooperate with other PMCs, but you never know will they help you or shoot in the back.
  • Beware of SCAVs - gangs that rule the Tarkov and hunt PMCs. Or become on of them and if you succeed, all extracted loot will proceed to your PMC operator.
  • There are multiple tasks for everyone in the raid, but ultimate goal is survival.
11 maps(currently 6)
Available maps:
  • Factory - abandoned Factory that was under TeraGroup control, CQB fights at its finest.
  • Customs - customs, river, few roadblocks, dorms, gas station and chemical plant. Midsize map for CQB and midrange engagements.
  • Woods - lake, wood, roadblocks and lumbermill. Midsize map for longrange engagements.
  • Shoreline - sanatorium, village, roadblocks, woods and gas station. Large map capable for all types of engagements.
  • Interchange - gigantic mall at Tarkov outskirts. Midsize map for CQB fights.
  • TerraGroup Laboratory - underground complex used for shady experiments.

WIP maps:
  • Streets of Tarkov
  • Suburbs
  • Town
  • Lighthouse
  • Terminal
  • Military Base

Last edited:

New map - Terragroup Labs.
New weapons
  • ADAR-2-15
  • HK416 A5
  • РПК-16
  • Remington 700
New boss - Killa
New scavs type - raiders
New quests

I'll buy it sometime but I need to upgrade my PC first.
I heard that optimization isn't the stronger side of EfT and the performance is highly dependent on CPU.

You can try it tomorrow - there will be alot of 14 days key from those who own the game. Check Reddit and VK.
I got a key for 14 days, but my PC almost exploded when I tried to launch it. :D
I ordered a new build, will arrive shortly (Ryzen 5 1500X, 8GB DDR4, GTX 1050Ti), hopefully EfT will be playable on it.

I assembled a new PC, launched EfT... and loved it.
I mostly play for a Scav, and keep dying... But it's fun. I managed to survive a couple of times as a Scav and brought some good loot (AK-74M, Saiga-12 and more). As a newbie, I had no idea where to go at first. But then figured out that you have to learn the maps and extraction points. I'm learning the Customs location now.

Last time, I played as my main character (PMC), deployed with a Makarov pistol, a medikit and almost no gear. Was attacked by a well-equipped guy, but shot back and killed him with my PM. :D Picked up his guns (SKS and... a modified AK-74N) and armor, headed back and faced two more players. Finished them off with this AK, but I was badly injured. Used all the medicine I had and picked up, but my leg was knocked out. Bleeding and limping, I reached the Trailer Park but was ambushed by a group of AI-controlled Scavs. Ooooh, I thought I'll have a heart attack. Somehow I fought my way through the garages and reached the extraction point. Ooooh 🤬...

The stats after the raid said that I've killed two level 11-30 players, one level 1-10 player and three Scavs. My own level raised from 2 to 5.
Later in the menu, I found out that the AK I picked up is heavily modified (suppressor, reflex sight, rails, tactical grip, etc). The former owner is probably angry right now. :D

Damn, it's been a long time since I felt so much tension in a video game.
I bought the preorder (Standard edition with 25% discount) just after closing the game.

My budget system runs EfT on meduim graphics settings, can't say it's very stable, but it's playable. I hope the optimization will get better in the further updates.

Last edited:
I hope the optimization will get better in the further updates.
Next update will be technical with optimization tweaks:
  • Sound positioning fixes and rework
  • Ongoing freezes and stuttering fixes (which caused by grass rendering for example)
  • Optimizations (optics (“picture in picture”), optimization of vegetation, special optimizations on video card, optimization of RAM)

As a newbie, I had no idea where to go at first.
First of all - quests. Also, you can always ask me here or at Discord "danc3incloud#0758"

I felt so much tension in a video game
As for me, Tarkov is somewhere in between battleroayls and survival Dayz like games. You average game session will be around 10-20 minutes and at the same time you can feel tension of loosing something that costs you few hours of farming. But what actually makes it so cool is perfect "gunplay". I just dont want to play another millsims after Tarkov, they just feels counterintuitive and unnatural.

Last edited:
It's just the game that @Dan had been looking for (survival, paid early access, unstable engine, weapons crafting and customization, set in Russia). ;)

First of all - quests. Also, you can always ask me here or at Discord "danc3incloud#0758"
Yeah, I'm doing quests, already completed two of Prapor's quests and now learning Woods location to start the third.

I also read\watch guides on EfT Wiki and YouTube. This game isn't friendly to beginners so you have to learn everything by yourself. It is also better to find friends to play in a squad, not alone (so someone can cover you when you're looting). Once I get some proper headset I'll try to.

However, despite of being a newbie, I already collected too much loot. M4A1, ADAR 2-15 (the Russian clone of AR-15, never knew that rifle before), four AK-74's, two SKS's, Mosin rifle, Stechkin pistol and a countless number of other pistols. I should start losing some already. :D

never knew that rifle before
Production started few month ago.

BTW, if you need 2x3 container(Beta) or anything from higher trader levels, I could give it to you(price ~ 5000$ or 605000 rubles for Beta).

It's just the game that @Dan had been looking for (survival, paid early access, unstable engine, weapons crafting and customization, set in Russia). ;)

What’s even better is that the developers are attacking critics on YouTube! This game has truly come full circle. :lol:

Next update will be technical with optimization tweaks
Optimizations:

• Optimized rendering optics on first use
  • Fixed freeze on first magazine change
  • Fixed freeze which occurs before opening/switching traders, the character tab
  • Fixed freeze when grenades explode next to the glass and other freezes related to glass breaking
  • Fixed freeze on the first bullet hit / damage
  • Other ongoing fixes of noticeable freezes
  • Various bug fixes leading to small freezes
  • Shader optimization (warming up)
  • Optimization of interfaces with a large number of displayed items
  • Small optimization of the sunlight
  • Physics optimization of small objects
  • Optimization of volumetric light
  • Locations optimization
AI improvements:

• Fixed AI behavior on peeking via ALT+Q/E player
  • Improved AI interaction with doors
  • Balanced AI difficulty
  • Improved AI behavior when reloading a weapon
  • Fixed bug with AI choosing weapons
  • Modified AI spawn system in "Horde" mode
  • Fixed lack of AI reaction to getting shot
  • Added a new scav taunts
  • Modified raiders spawn on the Lab
  • Improved the AI “search for cover” system
  • Improved priority system for scav taunts
  • Improved AI behavior when taking damage
  • AI no longer see through elevators
  • AI no longer fall through the floor after death
  • Fixed a bug with damage to the bot, which is being treated
  • AI will no longer attack if you kill the player-scav who attacked you while playing a scav character
Fixes:

• Fixed a bug where the player could drop an object through the floor
  • Fixed a bug with the de-synchronization of ammo type, which, in some cases could lead to 0 damage to the scav
  • Fixed a bug of treatment animation loop without effect
  • Fixed a bug in which the player who re-joined the raid could throw unlimited grenades
  • Fixed a bug where the same animations were played on all types of gestures
  • Fixed a bug where bots could run through doors
  • Fixed a bug where the Scav spawned with conflicting items
  • Fixed a bug where the helmet remained in perfect condition after killing the player in the head
  • Fixed glitch allowing to dupe melee weapons through insurance
  • Fixed bug when spawned scavs were invisible
  • Fixed a bug that caused tracer round pass through impenetrable obstacles
  • Fixed a bug with no contusion when the helmet got hit by another player
  • Fixed bug in ammo unloading from SKS mags
  • Fixed a visual distortion that caused the sight to shift when the visor was lowered
  • Fixed artifacts at the edges of the screen when the visor is lowered
  • Reduced the impact of post-processes on the glass visor, the view became clearer and better
  • Fixed bug with infinite looting sound when killing a looting player
  • Fixed weapon filter in merchants menu
  • Fixed the bug that didn't allow to reset the range of the prices search in the pop-up filter when you change the currency to any other in the Flea market
  • Fixed a bug where it was impossible to drag a weapon from a killed bot
  • Fixed a bug when the character was being pulled aside
  • Fixed a bug where you could sprint a little on broken, blacked legs and not take any damage
  • Fixed the Pilad P1X reticle zeroing
  • Fixed a bug that causes the inability to switch to voice 2 USEC
  • Fixed wrong exit timer value for certain extraction types
  • Fixed a bug when confirming the purchase of an offer without the necessary items for exchange
  • Fixed penetration of metal fence and glasses in different locations
  • Fixed an error when other players were interacting with doors
  • Fixed an error that occurs when opening boxes (loot containers)
  • Various fixes in the logic of the quests
  • Fixed overlapping of interfaces
  • Fixed categories display without offers in the wish-list
  • Fixed a bug that allowed to walk through the busts in the lab
  • Fixed bug with calculating the cost of the item after repair
  • Fixed display of quests text in Tasks while in the raid
  • Fixed time of active buffs when using stimulants
  • Fixed bug causing error 228 at the flea market, when studying the object placed in the container
  • Fixed "flicker" when scrolling offers at a flea market
  • Other fixes for client and server errors leading to de-syncs
  • Fixes of various errors and problems that lead to the game crash
  • Various localization bug fixes
  • Various fixes of the LOD (culling) at the locations
  • Fixed several problematic loot spawn locations
  • Various minor interface fixes
Added:

• New PMC spawns in the Laboratory
  • Ability to delete messages in chat
  • Added icons for all missing context menu items
Changed:

• Added the ability to quickly cancel the offer after placing it
  • Shifted pop-up menu when opening the door in ADS mode
  • The rain sound is now quieter
  • Corrections in the head damage system when there is an equipped helmet with various components
  • Reduced the amount of health loss from exhaustion and dehydration
  • Antique axe added as a melee weapon
  • Completed alignment of mechanical sights
  • Gestures with equipped hand grenade now display correctly
  • Sprint with the ready-up grenade is now displayed correctly
  • Upgraded animations with RDG smoke grenade
  • Improved visibility of EOTech reticles
  • Improved vertical overlap and positioning of the sound (first iteration)
  • Fixed the container tag that could be shown behind the icon of the object
  • Added the ability to tag a pistol container
  • Added the ability to expand the item inspector window
  • Added loading of merchant's portraits indicator
  • Reduced accuracy of hipfire due to the weaker weapon grip
  • Fixed the display of interface elements in the trading menu in 4:3 image format
  • Now you can not require the same item as the offered one at the flea market (except for items with durability and HP)
  • The improvements of the in raid stamina system
  • The sound of a raid completion was moved from the music to the interface sounds
  • Increased LOD distance for armbands
  • Changes aimed at localization and reducing the problem with late spawns
  • Other minor changes

I'm surprised this thread has so little activity, this game is wild.

In the absence of having a PC capable of running this I've just been watching a streamer named SheriffEli play it. Fascinating game, the encounters with AI and real players are all pretty tense. Exciting stuff. The risk-reward of taking your good gear in to perform well and possibly lose it due to a mistake or bad engagement is fun to watch.

I've been playing an early access game on Xbox called Vigor that goes for the same feeling but is more simplistic. No AI, only human players, and a limited time engagement before "a radioactive wave" blankets the map and you have to extract before dying to it. It has far fewer weapons, no attachments, and no real economy like this but it still offers a decent thrill.

I'm surprised this thread has so little activity
Well, its Russian hardcore MilSim for PC, it doesnt have any advertisement outside streamers and really far from release state. Doesnt looks so strange that this thread isnt most popular at forum which main themes are console exclusive games :gtpflag:

On the other side, both gun enthusiasts and car enthusiasts can find common ground with each other :cheers:

having a PC capable of running this
I dont really think that this mythic PC really exists :lol: Its utilizing Unity engine which isnt designed for games like this and even after years of modifying engine for the game, EFT annoyingly laggy even if you use some million dollar rig. Maybe upcoming optimisation fixes and next gen CPUs and RAM will make it smooth:bowdown:

Next big patch - 0.12:
- ETA - July or August
- Migration to Unity 2018
- New location - Military Base
- Hideout - housing system
- New system of animations and new animations
- VOIP
- Customizable clothing
- Stationary weapons - AGS-30, SPG-9, Mortars, 50.cal DShK. Stationary weapons will have random amount of ammo, but you can find it on this map and also bring from raid to stash and to raid for usage with heavy weaponry.
- Weapon presets system(autobuy, saving setups, etc)

Weapons in 0.12:
- ASh-12
- Beretta M9A3
- FN P90
- FN Five-seven(?)
- Revolver rifle MTs255 Gosha
- SCAR(?)

Future weapons:
  • G36
  • G3
  • AEK (?)
  • AUG
  • MDR 7.62
  • M16A4
  • 338 Magnum
  • SCAR
  • SR3M
  • Kriss Vector
  • AN94
  • Glock 19
  • UMP 45
  • PP-19 BIZON
  • Ash-12
  • Beretta 92f
  • Desert Eagle
  • PPSh
  • AS VAL Mod 3, maybe
  • TKPD, maybe
  • FAMAS, MAC-10, Uzi are not planned at the moment

Just started playing this today, after watching people play it. Watched it since early release back then.

Must say its alot of fun, but also a steep, steep learning curve. Even though I am used to games like ARMA and DAYZ, this is a whole new level.

Still working out the basic gameplay mechanics, but its getting better. :lol:

Must say its alot of fun, but also a steep, steep learning curve. Even though I am used to games like ARMA and DAYZ, this is a whole new level.
:lol:
Still working out the basic gameplay mechanics, but its getting better.
Worst time to get started - last wipe was 4 months ago and next will be soon. Dont set long term goals, just stick to the basics and try as much as possible. Next wipe will be big thing with introduction of Hideout and offraid healing system.

Back