Everything is freezing!!!

• Thread starter Vanraij
  • 13 comments
Brazil
Brazil
I'm doing the café missions and I'm trying to finish the World Touring Car 600 Race 2 at Suzuka, but everything is freezing. I've tried everything and it keeps freezing. I thought it could be my steering wheel the problem, but it freezes even when playing with the controller, and my steering wheel is working perfectly in other games, iRacing, F1 2023, Automobilista 2. My steering wheel is a Logitech G29."

I'm doing the café missions and I'm trying to finish the World Touring Car 600 Race 2 at Suzuka, but everything is freezing. I've tried everything and it keeps freezing. I thought it could be my steering wheel the problem, but it freezes even when playing with the controller, and my steering wheel is working perfectly in other games, iRacing, F1 2023, Automobilista 2. My steering wheel is a Logitech G29."
Can you provide any video of this "freezing" so we know what it is you mean by it?

Here you are

I'm not seeing anything like freezing there - and it's the Red Bull Ring...

It looks like you're racing in the wet and aren't allowing enough extra time to slow down, then understeering off on the even wetter runoff. If you're using racing tyres (I can't tell due to the very low resolution; capturing it directly from your console is a much better idea), that'll also make it worse as they can't clear water due to not having any tread...

1713880062577.png

Last edited:
Hi, this problem happens if your cars ridehight is to low. While braking or if the car is under heavy load in corners your wheels get pressed into the chassis and you cant steer anymore. This happens to any car with wide tyres and/or to low ridehight.

Last edited:
I took it to mean the input lag.

1713885636541.png

At about 13 seconds at 0.25x he's turning the wheel, it's not until the next frame in the video the wheel in the cockpit is suddenly at the right steering angle...

I took it to mean the input lag.

At about 13 seconds at 0.25x he's turning the wheel, it's not until the next frame in the video the wheel in the cockpit is suddenly at the right steering angle...
Its quite difficult to identify the real issue at hand with all the information given, but I tend to agree to "ride height" because it also affects the gamepad as OP said.

I have noticed this stutter on the virtual drivers input as well, though as I dont usually drive with that view I cant tell if this is also because of "ride height" or anything else.

Anyway, it would be easy to solve: increase ride height.
If the issue persists, it propably is input lag, for "wet surface" the bar isnt filled enough, as much as I can read of the video quality.

Its really hard to tell from the video at low resolution but it looks like the little red dot on the HUD is moving so the steering is working properly, I'm guessing the freezing with the driver hands animation/steering wheel is a graphics thing. I don't play in cockpit view so have never seen it but on some races with a lot going on (especially in the rain) I sometimes get frame drops, it might be a similar issue. I don't know what you're playing on but I guess PS4 is worse than PS5 for performance issues like this.

I have a similar issue with different cars on different tracks (and tunes includiung one known working tunes that I used for a long time to grind sardegna): the steering freezes or is delayed/laggy. Happens with different controllers, wheels and even consoles :D
The ai has the same problem which makes funny screenshots...

Back