Exporting photos (the lack of)

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 110 comments

How do you want to export your photos?

• By sharing them and grabbing them from the website

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • By screenshotting and exporting them on a USB stick thru the gallery on the Playstation itself

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • By screenshotting and sending them to another psn acc and grabbing them from the PS App on my phone

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • By taking a photo of my tv screen

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Other: I want to export from game directly to USB stick

Votes: 32 74.4%
  • Other: I want a companion app and grab full resolution photo from

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Other: Specify

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Getting uncompressed PNGs from the PS5 renders this at 16 MB. The new download JPG feature gives me a compressed 7 MB.

Nah.
Downloading it off that link gave me a 9MB file for whatever it's worth. There's undeniably some compression, but it is better than what Sport did when exporting via USB (where 4K screens were only like 3MB).

Not sure if this is new or not, but I just noticed this download button that appears when you view your photos on the GT7 community website:
I don't recall seeing that before...

This gives me an image of 3240x2160 in the default 3:2 aspect ratio.
My image was 16:9, and it's full 4K, 3840x2160. The one I spent all that effort assembling for post #58, is now downloadable at full res.

I'll stick to exporting the screenshots as PNGs to an USB stick, saves me the bothersome sharing on GT7 :lol:

Is there any free alternative to Photoshop that supports an easy automatic photo stitch like this?
On iPhone, you can stitch 3 photos at the time easily with this, with no ads or watermarks.
My question is: Is there any way to zoom in on a photo after it's been saved? I'm on a PS4, and when I'm looking at my pictures in Showcase, there is no zoom that I can find as I preview an image. When I look at it in Capture Gallery, the Enlarge button (square) doesn't work, and the zoom icon on the Options menu is grayed out. Like I said in my post with the Pig at Flugplatz, the only place I can zoom in and full-res pieces of an image is while I'm in the camera screen, and preview it there.
Nope. Just click open and retake a photo and just don’t save.
Us PS4 folks can't do that... 😢
Yes we can. Just not from the game, but gallery on the ps main screen :P

Yes we can. Just not from the game, but gallery on the ps main screen :P
Only things available in the gallery are screenshots, which are HD, not 4K. We can't get hi-res out without sharing to gran-turismo.com and downloading from there.

Last edited:
Only things available in the gallery are screenshots, which are HD, not 4K. We can't get hi-res out without sharing to gran-turismo.com and downloading from there.
Again, we can, just need to stitch them on our phones/computers! :D

Again, we can, just need to stitch them on our phones/computers! :D
Now that the download button exists on the gran-turismo.com site, you can share hi-res photos to your gallery there and get them. Stitching is just if you refuse to upload to the site. A lotta extra work just to be stubborn! :lol:

Now that the download button exists on the gran-turismo.com site, you can share hi-res photos to your gallery there and get them. Stitching is just if you refuse to upload to the site. A lotta extra work just to be stubborn! :lol:
I’m not stubborn I just want pngs :lol: and the fact I haven’t shared a single thing in game yet.

I did some experiments lol I have taken 5 photos to compare which is the best one
website 4MB includes GT watermark (JPG)
20830175676852125.jpg

JUST after taking a SHOT PS5 Screenshot /PNG/HDR ON 9KB (automatically change file to JPG)
hdrshot.jpg

Library >Preview PS5 Screenshot /PNG/HDR ON 9KB (automatically change file to JPG) (no GT watermarks)
hdrper.jpg

Just after taking a SHOT PS5 Screenshot /PNG/HDR OFF 9MB (PNG)

shot.png

Library >Preview PS5 Screenshot /PNG/HDR OFF 9MB (no GT watermarks)

Gran Turismo™ 7_20220506013322.png

I personally like downloading from the website feature and hope they can improve the quality of the photo or return back direct USB export
but the website photo's lightning is the worst among the others you can observe that the red text on the big banner isn't clear

Last edited:
Been away from GT7 for a while, so have only just realised there is now an option to download JPGs of shared Scapes/Race Photos directly from the official website. The download icon is on the top-right in the position highlighted on the screenshot below:

GT7_Showcase_Download_Button.png

We won

- It is now possible to export photos taken in Scapes or Race Photo mode to the 'Media Gallery' of the PlayStation®5 console and the 'Capture Gallery' of PlayStation®4 system. The resolution of the exported images are individually adjusted on the PS5™ and PS4™, and can be shared to various Social Media platforms or transferred to a USB drive, with a resolution of 3840×2160 pixels on PlayStation®5 and PlayStation®4 Pro console, and 1920×1080 pixels on PlayStation®4 system. The export function is only available from [Showcase] > [My Items] menu. In addition, photos set to ‘Open to All’ from 'My Items' within Showcase and displayed in the 'Gallery' within My Page can be downloaded at their original resolution from the 'My Page' area of the official website's GT7 section.

Will they come with the logo on them still though cause those are like an insect on the screen to me

Last edited:
You can still get 3840x2160 on base PS4 by uploading to gran-turismo.com, the "Share" button when you're viewing within GT7, assuming you took the photo in high resolution.

Last edited:
Yes and no.

We can't mass export pictures from GT7 to USB, you have to use the PS4/5 Media Gallery as a middleman. Using the website is still the faster process.

Back