F1 22 Trailer Reveals First Look at Miami International Circuit, Teases Supercars

• Thread starter Famine
  • 64 comments
They just can't let go of the yearly release system (no wonder EA bought Codemasters) to instead, take a year or two off & build a long needed new engine. Say what you want about Forza, but they're taking the time to build a new Motorsport engine.
To be fair to Codies, it's almost certainly part of the contract with F1 that they produce a game every year. I doubt they have the option of doing what Forza is doing and still retaining the F1 licence.

And since Codies is probably locked into yearly releases, I suggest only buying a new copy every few years. Then the differences are noticeable and meaningful. The last one I bought was 2020, which I like, and I'll probably buy another one in 2023 unless there's some killer feature in 2022 they're yet to reveal. You don't have to buy into the cycle of buying every single minor upgrade they offer.

I'm really pleasantly surprised they are adding Qatar
Aside from the brief mention in the GTP article, I haven't seen any official confirmation or, any other mention of Qatar being in F1 22.

I just said that and acknowledged the markets. I bought all the Toca Games since the first. My point is Codemasters made the game. And to add to the point, this F1 game is adding cars that are not F1. So, it’s the same as they’ve done in the past with the TOCA games… again, adding cars that are not F1.
Toca was not a V8 Supercars game, no matter how many times you try to pretend otherwise. Toca was always a multi-discipline game that featured all sorts of different series, which allowed them to highlight certain local series for certain markets to increase appeal with, again, MINIMAL COSTS. If you want to pretend it was a V8SC game then it also has to be a DTM game at the same time, since it was sold as DTM Race Driver in Germany. In any case, they went for quantity over quality in those games, with many cars being damn-near undrivable. A complete opposite of an F1 game laser-focused on 1 series, including all sorts of regulatory quirks and minor details that fans of the sport will notice, even going as far as to add F2, which is the most prominent feeder series.

V8 Supercars have virtually no relation with F1. Yeah, they run that 1 event at Melbourne, but that's literally it. No current F1 driver ever took part in it, the closest they got was some marketing stunts by Red Bull.
Besides, (V8)Supercars has worldwide appeal. Just because everyone doesn’t watch it, just as well many don’t watch F1.
I suspect most people buying an F1 game would be watching F1. Literally all the drivers in Supercars are from Australia and New Zealand. All the races are in Australia and New Zealand. Even the timezone means there's going to be very few people following it.
Regardless of how many watch each series. That’s not what this whole argument thing was about. But if we’re going to bring out measuring tapes, it’s got enough appeal for an F1 owner to be a part owner of a current Supercars team and for the term it was, Penske was involved as well. If that ain’t worldwide enough, not sure how much bigger you can get than that.
The argument is how much of a return you can get for your investment in adding a whole new category of cars to a game and how can you tie that into the whole thing. Would that increase sales in a significant way? How much would people from outside Australia care? Would V8SC fans even care if the game only has 1 circuit from that championship? And, most of all, how much potential for additional monetization does it bring? There's currently 2 cars taking part in the Supercars Championship. I guess you could make liveries part of the monetization scheme? But who would even care about that? On the other hand, if we're just talking brands that are already in F1 you could easily come up with 20 or more cars that could serve as an incentive to buy the pitlane pass or whatever it's called.

And road car supercars actually somewhat make sense in F1's context. They play into the whole "F1 driver lifestyle" and are used for Pirelli Hot Laps, which are generally done by current or former F1 drivers.

Last edited:
What a bizarre turn this took. Why on earth would you think the official F1 game would add V8 Supercars and then double down as if everyone else is mad :lol:

I'd be all for an official game though (just eh, not by Motorsport Games please) or an add on pack for something like ACC.

To be fair to Codies, it's almost certainly part of the contract with F1 that they produce a game every year. I doubt they have the option of doing what Forza is doing and still retaining the F1 licence.

And since Codies is probably locked into yearly releases, I suggest only buying a new copy every few years. Then the differences are noticeable and meaningful. The last one I bought was 2020, which I like, and I'll probably buy another one in 2023 unless there's some killer feature in 2022 they're yet to reveal. You don't have to buy into the cycle of buying every single minor upgrade they offer.
I’m nodding in agreement as I look at two games I’m still playing and haven’t updated, F12019 and Fifa18. As long as this years F1 game is a good one then I’ll upgrade, I’m pretty excited about the new F1 cars.

The idea of adding road cars is interesting. Not that I’ll get this game, but hopefully the actual road cars they add have a connection to the teams and their histories. For example, I think it’d make sense to see the McLaren Senna over the 720S. Aston Martin could get that new Vantage F1 Edition. And Ferrari could get the SF90, as it’s another car that has connections to F1. I don’t think Mercedes-AMG has a car that’s explicity connected to F1, though, so I’d just give them the AMG GT Black Series and call it a day. It’s a similar situation with Alfa Romeo, where I’d simply give them the Giulia Quadrifoglio.

I also wonder how they could add road cars for the teams that aren’t necessarily formal automakers, like Red Bull or Williams. Maybe they could add cars that have something in common with the engine suppliers in those cases. As for Williams, there surely must be some nice road car they had a hand in working on, so EA could add that.
Saw the word Supercars, read the article, now I'm just sad.
Why can't someone make a Supercars game? Is it too much to ask?
I’d personally love it for Supercars to be added to GT7, especially from Holden and Ford. Maybe the old Falcon XR8 from the PS2 era, too. It’d make a lot more sense to have even one Supercar with Mt. Panorama being available.

Last edited:
I'm really pleasantly surprised they are adding Qatar
Aside from the brief mention in the GTP article, I haven't seen any official confirmation or, any other mention of Qatar being in F1 22.
Now, the fun part about that is, I originally wrote "Abu Dhabi, Australia, and Qatar", then thought that didn't look right, checked, realised it was Spain, added "and Spain", then carried on typing, apparently without actually removing "and Qatar".

:ouch:

Corrected now, cheers.

Toca was not a V8 Supercars game, no matter how many times you try to pretend otherwise. Toca was always a multi-discipline game that featured all sorts of different series, which allowed them to highlight certain local series for certain markets to increase appeal with, again, MINIMAL COSTS. If you want to pretend it was a V8SC game then it also has to be a DTM game at the same time, since it was sold as DTM Race Driver in Germany. In any case, they went for quantity over quality in those games, with many cars being damn-near undrivable. A complete opposite of an F1 game laser-focused on 1 series, including all sorts of regulatory quirks and minor details that fans of the sport will notice, even going as far as to add F2, which is the most prominent feeder series.

V8 Supercars have virtually no relation with F1. Yeah, they run that 1 event at Melbourne, but that's literally it. No current F1 driver ever took part in it, the closest they got was some marketing stunts by Red Bull.

I suspect most people buying an F1 game would be watching F1. Literally all the drivers in Supercars are from Australia and New Zealand. All the races are in Australia and New Zealand. Even the timezone means there's going to be very few people following it.

The argument is how much of a return you can get for your investment in adding a whole new category of cars to a game and how can you tie that into the whole thing. Would that increase sales in a significant way? How much would people from outside Australia care? Would V8SC fans even care if the game only has 1 circuit from that championship? And, most of all, how much potential for additional monetization does it bring? There's currently 2 cars taking part in the Supercars Championship. I guess you could make liveries part of the monetization scheme? But who would even care about that? On the other hand, if we're just talking brands that are already in F1 you could easily come up with 20 or more cars that could serve as an incentive to buy the pitlane pass or whatever it's called.

And road car supercars actually somewhat make sense in F1's context. They play into the whole "F1 driver lifestyle" and are used for Pirelli Hot Laps, which are generally done by current or former F1 drivers.
I don’t think it will happen but with EA owning Codies now… they could do another Race Driver series.. or a multifaceted game.
It does surprise me that they have added Supercars in the F1 game at all.
Grid, loved by many, doesn’t have the love that the old race driver games had.

But again just dreaming here. Why would they make 1 game with all if they can make multiple games and earn bigger

I don’t think it will happen but with EA owning Codies now… they could do another Race Driver series.. or a multifaceted game.
It does surprise me that they have added Supercars in the F1 game at all.
Grid, loved by many, doesn’t have the love that the old race driver games had.

But again just dreaming here. Why would they make 1 game with all if they can make multiple games and earn bigger
To be fair, Toca tried to be too many games at once. Many of the disciplines in 2 and 3, like Rally, Monster Trucks or F1 were simply broken and no fun at all. I'd rather see them make games with less, but higher quality content, which I think Grid games have done a decent job of (haven't played Legends, though).

Last edited:
iracing has a SuperCar series. I know it has the cars, I'm not sure about the tracks but there are games with it featured. I think Big Ant was looking at a SuperCars game at one point but things fell through.

Back to the actual topic. Porsche Super Cup cars would be cool since they are an actual FIA Support Series. The video feels very 2020s EAish and that has me worried. They are a lot more arcade than they were back in late naughts.

I'll hold off judgement til I play the game though. I think I'll give it a go unless I hear absolutely terrible things from those who get early access.

For the last time, there is not me spinning anything. You say no current F1 driver took part in it. I just informed you about an F1 owner, Zak Brown of McLaren, is part of the Walkinshaw Andretti United Supercars team. He’s certainly invested. Many F1 drivers want to race in Supercars, but the schedules clash. There are some that don’t care for it too. It’s why, before the pandemic, you’d see retired F1 drivers doing the enduros. They have the time. That’s for your information. Of course the fan base is smaller. Who was disputing that? It’s still a worldwide known category.

Again, your focusing too much on this V8 Supercars one game thing. If you’re one of the people that don’t care for Supercars, so what? There are people that don’t care for F1, but may still try the game. Maybe with regular cars as part of the game they’ll buy it. Same for if the Supercars Championship was part of this game. You‘re blowing it way out for no reason. Justbecause I thought the Supercars at the end of the title nearly meant the Supercars Championship. But keep going to explain your budget for this game. It’s all love.

AlphaTauri accidentally leaked F1 22 gameplay, cockpit cam lap of Miami.

Definitely looks like a bit of the same again, hopefully there's more to reveal gameplay wise to keep it fresh but I'm not optimistic so far.

AlphaTauri accidentally leaked F1 22 gameplay, cockpit cam lap of Miami.

Definitely looks like a bit of the same again, hopefully there's more to reveal gameplay wise to keep it fresh but I'm not optimistic so far.

the engine sound made me cringe. Unless the broadcast audio off option sounds a lot better this year I'll be in permanent sigh mode.

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

F1 22 Gameplay Video Reveals Miami Grand Prix Circuit

With the inaugural Miami Grand Prix this weekend, everyone is eager to get a look at the newest circuit on the Formula 1 calendar. As a “temporary circuit” constructed around the Hard Rock Stadium, there has been no easy way for anyone to run a lap of the new track to see what it’s actually going to look like from behind the wheel… until now!

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

F1 22 Gameplay Video Reveals Miami Grand Prix Circuit

With the inaugural Miami Grand Prix this weekend, everyone is eager to get a look at the newest circuit on the Formula 1 calendar. As a “temporary circuit” constructed around the Hard Rock Stadium, there has been no easy way for anyone to run a lap of the new track to see what it’s actually going to look like from behind the wheel… until now!
I liked the narration throughout the lap :)

Saw jarno's video on the game. You have to time your turn into the pit box and you have to park your car on the formation lap. You also have a new race engineer this year. Tires are also colder out of the box.

No sign of porpoising, somewhat disappointed, probably just another reskin without any real improvement to the physics
What is people's obsession with it not simulating porpoising? This game is gonna have bigger issues than porpoising.

Twitter is full of it as well, just don't get it.

What is people's obsession with it not simulating porpoising? This game is gonna have bigger issues than porpoising.

Twitter is full of it as well, just don't get it.
You can't just pretend it doesn't exist while it's playing a very significant part in the real-world competition, Mercedes is suffering a lot because of this, otherwise they could have been in the championship fight. Also I've never seen any sim titles that simulate porpoising, so it should be interesting if F1 22 had it.

Last edited:
Yawn 🥱, another concrete walled street track with no run off. Looks kind of like Sochi. I so much prefer purpose built race tracks.

This game is gonna have bigger issues than porpoising.
There's that and for the life of me can't work out why you would want to look at that while playing a game.
Would drive me nuts seeing the screen bounce up and down from cockpit view.

If it's in the game and the visual effect of it can't be turned off it would be an instant no purchase for me.

Back