Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Extreme Wheel

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 679 comments
There is no excuse for the mismanagement of finances, but it’s overlooked because they turned the ship around and became profitable and had a plan in place to stay financially responsible.

Again, no excuse for the poor service or mismanagement, but also doesn’t give a pass for a corporation to insert itself and make it worse right when they are about to redeem themselves economically.
I absolutely agree with you. It's terrible what's happening. edit- They are vultures. (if that's what's happening)

Last edited:
BWX
The one thing Ermz touched on briefly in the video but didn't mention again or try to explain or justify in any way and seems like he wants you to sweep under the rug and forget about is why they are in this situation in the first place. When there was a pandemic lock-down sim-racing boom, instead of building a rooftop go kart track on top of a shiny new HQ and other financially questionable spending, I wish they would have invested that influx of capitol into better customer support and responsible long term investment in the company's own future. Maybe they should have built out the company to be able to handle larger customer demand, maybe they should have invested in the software side of things which still seems broken instead of what they did which lead them to the this situation.

I want Fanatec to do well and survive as much as anyone. I have a lot of money invested in their products and ecosystem like many people and believe in what they are doing with the products, but if they don't invest in customer support and treat their customers poorly, it's hard to get behind them 100% like Ermz seems to think everyone should do. You can't forget that they've put themselves in this situation in the first place. I guess it depends on who exactly is responsible for the mess they got themselves into, I don't know the answer to that question but it's not hard to speculate.

It's a sad situation, hopefully Fanatec will survive and come out better off in the long run. In the meantime we're stuck with software bugs, expensive hardware that's unstable and unreliable, and slow/ poor customer service. I know it's not the fault of the actual people that work there, so I fully support them and wish the best for all of them. It's not their fault the company was mismanaged and I'm sure they are all doing the best they can do under the circumstances.

Watched the whole video, and I got a lot to say about it. Looks like Ermz made a well-researched, well cherry-picked, and reasonably presented narrative to paint Jack in a victim light, in order to save shareholders that helped built the company (which he clearly thinks of himself as one of those said types of shareholders….despite being the fng that tried to get in on the action at the end of the boom, despite him glancing over Fanatec’s questionable business decisions a couple years back - that to be fair…Ermz probably either wasn’t aware, or turned a blind eye to at the time).

Then he feebly attempts to relate it back to me, the consumer…on why I should care. I don’t, really. If Fanatec goes under, I’ll just move onto the next company. That’s life having a hobby in a very niche genre to begin with.

This whole thing is just very resemblance of the US housing market crash in 2008. Jack started leveraging the company and buying butter when he should have been investing in guns (it’s a movie reference) and was too arrogant to realize the large profit margins were just a market spike. Then this idiot Ermz decides to get in on the boom at the very peak (which means you’re already waaaaay too late to the party) and he over-leveraged himself.

Meanwhile the puppet masters above and the sharks circling below, were all in lockstep.

This is why very, very few people ever make fortunes, investing in their passions 🙄

Watched the whole video, and I got a lot to say about it. Looks like Ermz made a well-researched, well cherry-picked, and reasonably presented narrative to paint Jack in a victim light, in order to save shareholders that helped built the company (which he clearly thinks of himself as one of those said types of shareholders….despite being the fng that tried to get in on the action at the end of the boom, despite him glancing over Fanatec’s questionable business decisions a couple years back - that to be fair…Ermz probably either wasn’t aware, or turned a blind eye to at the time).

Then he feebly attempts to relate it back to me, the consumer…on why I should care. I don’t, really. If Fanatec goes under, I’ll just move onto the next company. That’s life having a hobby in a very niche genre to begin with.

This whole thing is just very resemblance of the US housing market crash in 2008. Jack started leveraging the company and buying butter when he should have been investing in guns (it’s a movie reference) and was too arrogant to realize the large profit margins were just a market spike. Then this idiot Ermz decides to get in on the boom at the very peak (which means you’re already waaaaay too late to the party) and he over-leveraged himself.

Meanwhile the puppet masters above and the sharks circling below, were all in lockstep.

This is why very, very few people ever make fortunes, investing in their passions 🙄
Yeah on the one hand the company goes under or changes for the worst and customers continue to suffer, on the other hand what? The old CEO gets back in charge and runs the company into the ground again and the customers continue to suffer. I don't see a bright side for us either way.

It seems like the damage is already done. I just feel bad for the good people working there, and for the customers who always get screwed over.

I’m still somewhat baffled why Sony hasn’t thrown their hat in the ring and purchased Fanatec at a discount as a business opportunity to essentially rebrand the Fanatec company, and the IRL series that it sponsors under the “Gran Turismo” brand. I’m skeptic that even 33% of motorsports fans know what the Fanatec windshield banner on GT3 cars even is. At least, I would think that many more motorsports fans across many disciplines have ate least heard of Gran Turismo, based on how long that franchise has been around.

Edit:

Frick. Sony could even absorb the “shareholders” stock and offer them a 50% buyout - by way of giving them Sony stock in exchange. I know if I was one of these dummies that invested money into a very niche genre, I’d much rather have stock in a multi-faceted, known brand….even if I was technically losing a bit of money at first

Last edited:
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Extreme: GT7 Wheel Settings Guide

Fanatec’s Gran Turismo DD Extreme was released earlier this year, and since then, the GTPlanet community has dug in to figure out how to get the most out of it in Gran Turismo 7...

Huge thanks to @PirovacBoy for helping me with this article!

Last edited:

Yeah, I agree with this completely. Ermz bought cheap shares of a depressed company, and is now upset that the company is gonna go bankrupt and he's gonna end up with nothing. News flash... That's why the shares were so cheap in the first place! The old CEO is absolutely not a reliable source, given that he's the one that ran the company into the ground in the first place. And we as consumers absolutely have no reason to care.

Yeah, I agree with this completely. Ermz bought cheap shares of a depressed company, and is now upset that the company is gonna go bankrupt and he's gonna end up with nothing. News flash... That's why the shares were so cheap in the first place! The old CEO is absolutely not a reliable source, given that he's the one that ran the company into the ground in the first place. And we as consumers absolutely have no reason to care.
Not quite on point... he might be biased due to him loosing money, but there's a LOT more at play in this apparently, so much so that a few regulating bodies are starting to get involved with open letters to the board & banks:

The whole story, in english, is summarized here:
More of the same drama. From the point of view of an Endor AG stockholder that has a German finance channel

Pretty much same info as other with the additional info translated by presenter supposedly stating even the German regulatory authorities are suspicious of this restructuring and have warned the board to not defraud the original owner and shareholders as was done to another German co Leoni AG.

I don't have the highest opinion of Fanatec as a first time customer... but, looks like this is a full scale "financial thriller" in the making, as outlined in the above, using all loopholes & tricks in the book to counter them - as the outlined next step is that the StaRUG process is aimed to disappropriate all current share holders in the process, which Thomas is seemingly fighting now. (in which case - all the best to him saving the shareholders (and his own...) investments).

Last edited:
Might be soon...
👀👀👀👀👀👀👀🤣

Speaking of FFB, I saw that ACC has the Nurburing Ring as a downloadable track and out of sheer curiosity I decided to get it to compare/contrast. I often flip/flop between ACC and GT7 as the mood strikes me.

It just confirmed for me that the FFB in GT7 leaves a lot to be desired. I'm not smart enough to know if it's PD's laser scanning implementation, the FFB or something else entirely but the track feels alive in ACC. That's the best way I can describe it and if TrueForce is the missing key to unlock that level of "feel", we're all in for a treat and I'm about to be out of a few hundred dollars lol.

Wow so Corsair is buying Fanatec apparently?

I might get all the Metal QR2s I want and an F1 style rim for GT DD X base. Already got one QR2 for the GT DD X but want on for the WRC rim that I have.

Not sure if I want to get the old trusty "CSL Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3 V2" wheel that everyone seems to love or the "Formula V2.5 X".
The McLaren has analog clutch paddles included and people seem to like the feel of that wheel.

Who knows what's going to happen with products and prices now, but at least Fanatec will survive. Corsair is a good brand in general so that's a good thing, it could be a lot worse that's for sure.

Corsair is owned by "EagleTree Capital" which is New York-based middle-market private equity firm worth over $5.6 Billion.

So you know things are probably going to change, I just don't know in which ways they will change and if it will be net positive or negative in the end for the user base.

BWX
Corsair is owned by "EagleTree Capital" which is New York-based middle-market private equity firm worth over $5.6 Billion.
Corsair (NASDAQ: CRSR) as of close on May 8 was publicly traded and with a current market value of 1.21 billion US. According to the Eagle Tree Capital site, Corsair is one of their investments as part of Fund IV, a closed end fund with a capitalization of 790 million US invested in 9 different companies.
So it reads to me that they are just an investor.
Corsair went public in 2020 and the stock has been as high as $38/share. It is now a little under $11/share. Their May 7, 2024 1st quarter financial release has lots of rosy sounding statements that I cannot resolve with the financials that they released, but that may just be me.
I certainly hope it works out for Fanatec.
Here is a link to CRSR's yahoo finance page.

Corsair (NASDAQ: CRSR) as of close on May 8 was publicly traded and with a current market value of 1.21 billion US. According to the Eagle Tree Capital site, Corsair is one of their investments as part of Fund IV, a closed end fund with a capitalization of 790 million US invested in 9 different companies.
So it reads to me that they are just an investor.
Corsair went public in 2020 and the stock has been as high as $38/share. It is now a little under $11/share. Their May 7, 2024 1st quarter financial release has lots of rosy sounding statements that I cannot resolve with the financials that they released, but that may just be me.
I certainly hope it works out for Fanatec.
Here is a link to CRSR's yahoo finance page.
Yeah I don't know what to think about that.. 🤷‍♂️
CRSR chart.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully they don't meddle too much in Fanatec RGB! I've never used it but I've heard the horror stories.

Last edited:
Back