Ford to Unveil New Mustang in Detroit Tomorrow

• Thread starter 1X83Z
  • 32 comments

1X83Z

Premium
United States
usa
Yep, Ford's unveiling their new Mustang tomorrow in Detroit. I can't wait, frankly; the last two Mustangs have been absolutely horrible. Maybe Ford's learned some lessons. I'm surprised they kept it under wraps this long.

Check back here for details.

i actually like the recent version of the mustang (though its the only one for the past 25-30 years) but i cant wait to see the next one.

12-28-5.jpg

12-28-7.jpg

12-28-6.jpg

it should look a bit like this concept... a land barge, in other words. Let's take out all the sportiness of the Mustang, and turn it into a cheaper Thunderbird.

the front and side dont look bad but the rear looks horid.

its like the thunderbird, only i would prefer the chip foose version of that car only because the edges arnt so squared.

i think modern car designs are being taken form late 80s early 90s Benz's

gotta like that retro style, if only GM wouldve done that with there camaro.

The scoops aren't too bad, the front overall is growing on me, I like the side profile, the rear lights and roll bar don't do anything for me though.

I think the face of the concept says it all: I'm so sad to be here. Seriously: those headlights are so expressive, the car looks like it wants to kill itself (not that I blame it). The entire front end looks like they initially traced out the original Mustang, but not from a flat picture, but from the uneven grille of the original, leaving a very loose and irregular impression on the concept.

The interior is a better remake of the original. Thin, crappy steering wheel, sparse guages; only the swath of aluminum replaces the swath of crap plastic.

The taillights are no dream, either. Again, another bad impression of the original. As has been already said, more mid-80's Thunderbird than anything else. And if that's where Ford is going to locate the exhaust, they had better not use typical Ford plastics: that stuff will melt in the first 100 miles.

"I'm driving a big red bathtub" is what the side profile says. It's so fat and slab-sided it makes the 19" wheels look under-sized. They also appear to have the whole idea wrong: It's not the coupe from '64 to '70 that they should have reproduced, but the fastback. That had a sporting look. That was a looker. The regular Mustangs looked like 2-door sedans.

Most shameful of all, you can bet this "totally new Mustang" will be 95% the same from last year. That is, unchanged since 1966: live axle, oversprung suspension, dead helm, and a engine that's only fast on paper. It'll renew sales, that's for sure, but only in a nation full of automotive idiots could this car survive for so long.

Originally posted by Hooligan
I think the face of the concept says it all: I'm so sad to be here. Seriously: those headlights are so expressive, the car looks like it wants to kill itself
:lol:
although i can live with those looks something i can SORT OF get use to, unlike the ugly POS r35 skyline, nissans an idiot if they actaully make the concept a reality....

Originally posted by 1mic
:lol:
although i can live with those looks something i can SORT OF get use to, unlike the ugly POS r35 skyline, nissans an idiot if they actaully make the concept a reality....

First order of business: Where the hell are you getting those avatar images? :drool:

I saw the '04 Mustang Coupe on CNN this morning: It looks far better. Granted, it's the same face, but they actually reproduced the right model: the fastback! I kinda, uh, looks good. Shame that'll be all it is: a decent reproduction.

It looks ok....the back is horrid though. The front actually looks nice, a newer '60s Mustang look for sure. The convertable is pretty bad. The interior(from what I can see) looks kinda wierd. The coupe has a much better look overall, but the back needs a lot of work. Also some of the edges are too sharp...

It's just the concept version right? So there is some improvement to be had, although I think Ford will make it worse if anything...

Originally posted by MazKid
It's just the concept version right? So there is some improvement to be had, although I think Ford will make it worse if anything...

First thing Ford should do when they send this to production is get rid of the "Hey-I'm-driving-a-bathtub" look. As in, balance the height of the windows compared to the doorline. The car is way too fat looking.

this car is bad i just dont like te conv type its ugly i prefer the coupe and innot even sayin the power of this stang 400hp 397lb ft
i would defenitly get one damn ther tight but wait till the cobra R
problably will be competition with the viper and ifnot i know te new ford 427 will 500hp 500lb ft v-10 i have news ford will rule again

I like the back of the car; but not crazy about the front. The headlight comments echoed before are spot on...it looks unhappy, depressed.

And what would happen if the Mustang had no useless scoops? (It would be the Mustang II, I suppose).

I suppose the word "aerodynamics" has been taken out of the Ford design crews' lexicon?

I feel cheated, somehow.

they should of put the 03 rear end on it,kudos to ford though,i think ford thinks success in car in the future will be retro styled,good job ford!!!!

gt40=ew
mustang=yum

I like it. The rear could be improved, though. The front is nice. It's got the Ford look. You like it or you don't. This is the first Mustang design I've ever really liked. I always thought the current ones were too narrow. They fixed that. The rear reminds me of the Gran Torino. They put a little character in it again, something cars lacked for a long time.

Latest Posts

Back