Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 17,360 comments
Today after launching the game:
Serf: M'lord we reviewed your math, and you could get the necessary points to get the Gallardo but...
Me: Continue...
Serf: M'lord you would have to do the Trial...
Me: How much do we have in the Treasury?
Serf: About 25 million, why M'lord?
Me: I'm going to the Auction House! Now, fetch me the coin, and, uh... 10 lashes will do!
Serf: But why M'lord???
Me: FOR SUGGESTING ME TO DO THE TRIAL!!!

Last edited:
I would say the Nissan Fairlady Z Z31 be a good choice for reward car being how wedge and 80's it is or the Nissan S12 either Hatch or Notchback
I would love to see a Z31 in Forza! It would make a lot of sense in Horizon Retrowave.

Honestly though, there is a lot of other vehicles that make sense for this theme too, even just from past Forza games.

I feel you could sorta shoehorn pretty much any vehicle from the late 70s to the early 2000's and it'll fit into the series theme

So it'll be interesting to see what PG come up with as Festival Playlist rewards, and if there is another car pack that comes along with it.

Last edited:
I don't think we will only get retro cars in the next update for balance reasons, especially because there are two primary candidates for being the star car of the update that would also satisfy modern car lovers, including me as well.

countach_hp%20%281%29.jpg

2022-bugatti-centodieci.jpg

Both are highly requested modern reimaginings of cars from that period, plus it's been a while since the last Bugatti we got which was the Divo, and the Countach is simply long overdue as well, so fingers crossed for at least one of them.

I imagine we will probably see the new Countach and possibly the Iroc come back to Forza.

It will be more 80s styled cars most likely so the Bugatti is unlikely, maybe the Vector W8 will come along. Most of the Retrowave cars are already in the game.

My personal impression is that the "Retro Wave" theme seems to be aimed at models from the 80's onwards.
So assuming a "new" car is added, the Countach might qualify. However, I feel that Bugatti is different because the model that it pays homage to is a model that is more suitable for the word vintage than retro.

If they were to add a new car to this theme, I'd guess it would be a Countach or a recent flat nose homage custom Porsche.

I imagine we will probably see the new Countach and possibly the Iroc come back to Forza.

It will be more 80s styled cars most likely so the Bugatti is unlikely, maybe the Vector W8 will come along. Most of the Retrowave cars are already in the game.
Recently, the connection between them and Hoonigan has become weaker, but perhaps this Camaro will be selected as a car pack content.

hq720.jpg

Last edited:

I would like to see the Vector W8 finally make an appearance in the Forza series. Would go nice right with its rivals of the era like the Bugatti eb112ss, Ferrari F40, Jaguar Xj220, and the Porsche 959

If Vector is added to the game, I would very much like to see it included in the car pack content.
It's paid, but unlike playlist content, we'll be able to get a lot of copies of this car as soon as it's released.
And why I want more than one of this car. That's because I'd like to own both a build that kept the 3-speed transmission, one of the most insane and stupid gearbox for supercar in the world, and one that swapped in a modern 6+ gearbox.

Last edited:
I think I mentioned it in this thread ages ago, but I'm highly sceptical on Vectors turning up in any game ever again, since the creator of the company passed away a few years back (who retained all the rights and ownership) and I'm not exactly sure how you'd go about getting licencing for them. Not to say I wouldn't love to see them though!
That's because I'd like to own both a build that kept the 3-speed transmission, one of the most insane and stupid gearbox for supercar in the world, and one that swapped in a modern 6+ gearbox.
I used to be a massive geek on Vectors; I believe the 3-speed was chosen because it was the only one at the time that could handle the power and also because it was one of the only ones they could physically fit into the car.

Last edited:
I think we need to take into consideration what PG might consider retro, since the retro car divisions have cars from the late 70s to the early 2000s.

So by that definition the Centodieci would fit the update theme just as much as the new Countach, since it’s a tribute to the EB110 of the early 90s

Last edited:
Quick Resume on this game is so poxy it's not even funny.

Booted it up earlier to prep for the Series change and I got loaded into my S32 Spring showing 0pt (although I had the reward cars), as well as 0pt in each of the other seasons - but 292/292pt in the Series overview.

Fixed that with a full reboot, then came back after the console had put itself into standby to have it loading the backup Summer (and twangy guitar) events on the map while still showing the real S32 Spring events in the Festival Playlist menu - but with no map icons so it wasn't accessible...

Again, fixed after a full reboot.

I used to be a massive geek on Vectors; I believe the 3-speed was chosen because it was the only one at the time that could handle the power and also because it was one of the only ones they could physically fit into the car.

Basically, it's the mid-60s Oldsmobile Toronado transmission - a standard GM auto repackaged to work in a longitudinal FWD layout. Vector just moved that drivetrain to the back of the car and swapped the Olds V8 for a newer Chevy. As of the early 80s when the W2 was being developed, most longitudinal mid-engined cars were using the ZF 5DS/25 (e.g. the M1, Pantera, SE037, and so on) which wouldn't have had the torque capacity for the twin-turbo Chevy. I suspect they would have found it difficult to source Ferrari or Lamborghini transaxles, and they were likely too weak too, which would have left an inverted Porsche 4-speed, as used in a lot of Chevy V8 kit cars in the late 80s and the 90s. Even that transaxle was only a few years old at the time though, whereas the Toronado auto was widely available from the same GM suppliers as a lot of other parts in the Vector. The original Vector concept was imagined to be Porsche-powered however, when it was merely a sketch.

Lower-powered mid-engined sportscars tended to also use Citroen and later Renault transaxles, as they also used longitudinal FWD layouts. The Esprit for example started off with a Citroen box, and ended up with a Renault UN1 for the V8, but in stock form is torque-limited in every gear to preserve it. Ultima also used a lot of UN1s early on before inverted Porsche 6-speeds became more available. Newer kit cars often use the Audi 01E and its variants, including the Cayman 6-speed. For wealthier manufacturers (but not high enough volume to manufacture their own transmissions), the 5DS/25 was still the standard up to the end of the 90s with the Zonda probably being the final car to use it. RBT developed a 6-speed version which was used in the S7, but most supercars either moved to the Graziano 6-speed from the Gallardo / Enzo (for example the M600), or the Cima T906, as used in the later Zondas, Gumperts, Koenigseggs, and so on. Later on there was a Getrag DCT that ended up in everything from the SLS to the F8 Tributo too. The Corvette is a notable exception though, with a super-stout Tremec T56 repackaged as a transaxle for the C5 and C6, but I've never heard of them used in a mid-engined setup as I believe they're pretty long.

To be honest, I’m just not that excited about this update. None of the cars really excite me. Oh, I’ll do all the playlists, but I’m mostly just marking time until the Retrowave update lands in a month. That sounds much more interesting to me.

The Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution time attack car in this months rivals event is quite a fun car. Lots of grip and an all around great car to drive even in stock form. Can´t wait to get it in Winter

I also enjoyed the Eventlabs this week. The green track was neat - I've never seen anyone use those green and white kerbs before?

I also had one of my most painful Trials ever. I took a great B700 tuned AWD Mustang '69, won the first race by miles. In the second race I was half way through lap 3 again in the lead by miles and we were about to win easily, then I was disconnected. Argh!

As for the DLC pack:
  • I'm torn on the GT cars right now... On the one hand they are a lot of fun to drive around FH5 tracks (especially Horizon Mexico circuit and the hill climb), and they show you what the complete absence of understeer looks like in Horizon. On the other hand, these tracks don't really do them justice.
  • As for the recycled nature of the DLC pack: These GT cars are a unique experience in FH5, and with the improved physics over FH3 (which also had some race cars) they make a lot more sense than they did back then. And I need my 100% garage completion... So in the end I didn't mind paying €5 for the DLC pack and I really like that they BoPed all of the GT3/GTE cars - shame T10 didn't do the same in FM23 really.
  • As for the lack of 2022+ GT3 cars: I've somewhat accepted that T10/PG has been unable to license current GT3 cars for some reason. But since I own all ACC DLC, I've already experienced every single modern GT3 car up to 2023 season. I'm over it after being disappointed in FM2023. But I do wish they separated GT3 and GTE into separate divisions now that we have plenty of each.

Now if we start getting an influx of decent Eventlab circuits, I think FH5 might get a lot of positive attention in the coming months. It all depends how well those new tracks pan out.

I think we need to take into consideration what PG might consider retro, since the retro car divisions have cars from the late 70s to the early 2000s.

So by that definition the Centodieci would fit the update theme just as much as the new Countach, since it’s a tribute to the EB110 of the early 90s
Yeah; maybe outside of, like, all the iconic '80s movie and TV cars (the first-gen Testarossa and Daytona Spyder from Miami Vice, the Dodge M4S from The Wraith (which, fat chance of that ever being acknowledged in a game) and possibly the 356 Speedster from Top Gun), there's plenty of retro-styled options for PG to choose from. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if they choose to go with a 'revitalized retro' theme for the cars; restomods, maybe, or cars like the Singer 911. Because, after all, what are synthwave and retrowave if not the idealized aesthetics of the past being brought into the 21st Century?

Last edited:
To be honest, I’m just not that excited about this update. None of the cars really excite me. Oh, I’ll do all the playlists, but I’m mostly just marking time until the Retrowave update lands in a month. That sounds much more interesting to me.
My sentiments exactly bud.

Don't say I warned you but Singer cannot be licensed any more due to lawsuits.

This is a warning.
I mean, I'm aware of that much; I was using the Singer more as an example for the sort of 'revitalized retro' that could be possible in the Retrowave update.

My dream retrowave cars would be the Quadra Turbo-R V-TECH from FH4 and the Chryslus Rocket 69 from FM6. Heck, throw in the Quartz Regalia from FH3 while you're at it.

View attachment 1350182
View attachment 1350183
View attachment 1350184
I don't want that car in the next update, but I'm still curious about a mysterious Fallout car called the 2077 Fallout Atom.

This car is probably another Fallout car that is not Rocket 69.
And the files for this car were included in FM7 and FH5, but the complete model data has not been found, so there is still no way for us users to know about the mystery of this car.

I don't want that car in the next update, but I'm still curious about a mysterious Fallout car called the 2077 Fallout Atom.

This car is probably another Fallout car that is not Rocket 69.
And the files for this car were included in FM7 and FH5, but the complete model data has not been found, so there is still no way for us users to know about the mystery of this car.
If they add that, it will be war on the official forum.
War, war never changes.

If they add that, it will be war on the official forum.
War, war never changes.
If they do, I bet it'll be either a full expansion or a crossover Series. We're probably all out of the woods on expansions--though I've never known a radio station addition like the one in the coming Retrowave update without some kind of huge mini-expansion tier update at the very least--but a cross-promo Series is NEVER out of the cards for me. :P

If they do, I bet it'll be either a full expansion or a crossover Series. We're probably all out of the woods on expansions--though I've never known a radio station addition like the one in the coming Retrowave update without some kind of huge mini-expansion tier update at the very least--but a cross-promo Series is NEVER out of the cards for me. :P
I'm just hoping for a radio station full of 1980's cheesy pop tunes and the Eventlab props to all have neon on them.

Oh and a 1980's lycra fitness video outfit for our avatar.

A Fallout car could be possible since that TV show seems to be doing really well.
Gran Turismo beat them to a Fallout TV show car, accidentally and by 11 years... :D

What is retro anyway?

Cars are classified by age into these three categories:
1714143333357.png

Now my point of view is that retro is a modern reproduction of something old, but we don't know which older time period PG might consider.

For example, we have pretty retro Singer and Ginetta cars in game. But an Alfaholics would fit right in. These are supposedly classed as "restomods".
You could argue that the modern Mini and most modern muscle cars are retro too, as modern reimagining instead of cleaning up an old model but leaving the proportions (mostly intact).

So what will it be? Stuff like Singer and Alfaholics? Modern reimaginings like the Mini or the Mustang?

Last edited:
What is retro anyway?

Cars are classified by age into these three categories:
View attachment 1350398

Now my point of view is that retro is a modern reproduction of something old, but we don't know which older time period PG might consider.

For example, we have pretty retro Singer and Ginetta cars in game. But an Alfaholics would fit right in. These are supposedly classed as "restomods".
You could argue that the modern Mini and most modern muscle cars are retro too, as modern reimagining instead of cleaning up an old model but leaving the proportions (mostly intact).

So what will it be? Stuff like Singer and Alfaholics? Modern reimaginings like the Mini or the Mustang?
According to Mr Google......

1000008786.png

Latest Posts

Back