Forza Horizon 5 Series 33 Preview: Hitting the Apex

• Thread starter Famine
  • 9 comments
Let me guess, instead of adding a proper “modern race car” division, Playground will take the lazyass solution and just add these cars to the already messy “extreme track toys” category… 🥱🥱🥱

Let me guess, instead of adding a proper “modern race car” division, Playground will take the lazyass solution and just add these cars to the already messy “extreme track toys” category… 🥱🥱🥱
Seems likely. Though I can’t remember, has there been an instance of a new car division added post-launch to a Horizon game?

On an unrelated note I’m oddly excited to hoon that Pro Stock Camaro. Hoping we can bump that power even more 😁

On an unrelated note I’m oddly excited to hoon that Pro Stock Camaro. Hoping we can bump that power even more 😁

Unless they've changed it more recently, the Camaro doesn't have any engine upgrades. To be fair though, it already makes 1400bhp and redlines at 10,500rpm, so there's not really anywhere left to go!

It’s even more lazyass than I thought! Not only was the above quote spot-on, they even managed to pull of the following stunts in well-known Playground Games fashion :

1) All 7 cars of the car pack already exist in other Forza games. Not a single new car. Talk about a rip-off.
2) For whatever weird or silly reason, they managed to drop the livery and license of the #73 Park Place Motorsports 911 GT3 R (which was already and still is licensed for FM-not-8).

GG PGG! 😏

On the plus side:
  • These DLC pack race cars sound better in FH5 than they do in FM23. Especially the Lexus, wow.
  • All of the DLC cars have numerous engine swaps (appropriate, i.e. the 918 engine for the 911 GT3-R), restrictor plates to remove, extra power to add, they all come with rally and drift suspension and tyres, even get engine spacers. They have clearly been ported with care, not just slung at FH5.
  • They implemented BoP: 4x GT3 cars are S1-890, 3x GTE cars are S2-910 (and the Ford GT/911 RSR from the season will probably also be 910). This gives many very interesting options for S1/S2 online racing, especially the GT3 cars in S1 class.
  • All DLC GT cars are indeed in Extreme Track Toys. Wasted opportunity in my opinion. However because most extreme track toys have a higher PI, if you run a GT3 car stock you will get pretty much only GT3/GTE cars in the AI field automatically. So having them in the broader class isn't that annoying.

This update has been very surprising for me: The average feeling from GTP was negative because all 7 DLC cars are already in FM23. Whereas on Reddit you can see that the vast majority of FH5 players don't own FM23 and are really happy to get some proper GT cars in Horizon, along with the awesome new Eventlab road tiles to create endless tracks to drive them on.

Everybody agrees that FM23 only has around 1/10 of the users of FH5, so for the most players there is no relevance to these cars having been in FM23 already. We just have to accept that if we are in the minority which owns and plays both games.

Last edited:
On the plus side:
  • These DLC pack race cars sound better in FH5 than they do in FM23. Especially the Lexus, wow.
  • All of the DLC cars have numerous engine swaps (appropriate, i.e. the 918 engine for the 911 GT3-R), restrictor plates to remove, extra power to add, they all come with rally and drift suspension and tyres, even get engine spacers. They have clearly been ported with care, not just slung at FH5.
  • They implemented BoP: 4x GT3 cars are S1-890, 3x GTE cars are S2-910 (and the Ford GT/911 RSR from the season will probably also be 910). This gives many very interesting options for S1/S2 online racing, especially the GT3 cars in S1 class.
  • All DLC GT cars are indeed in Extreme Track Toys. Wasted opportunity in my opinion. However because most extreme track toys have a higher PI, if you run a GT3 car stock you will get pretty much only GT3/GTE cars in the AI field automatically. So having them in the broader class isn't that annoying.

This update has been very surprising for me: The average feeling from GTP was negative because all 7 DLC cars are already in FM23. Whereas on Reddit you can see that the vast majority of FH5 players don't own FM23 and are really happy to get some proper GT cars in Horizon, along with the awesome new Eventlab road tiles to create endless tracks to drive them on.
I honestly never thought I'd say this out loud here but this update is genuinely making me wish we had some actual LMPs now. I get that the Valkyrie AMR Pro races in the Hypercars category in real life, but since over half of the cars in the pack are IMSA cars that did make it to Le Mans, a few rides like the 499P or even the diesel-powered Peugeots would be more than welcome now if they get this same treatment.

Last edited:
Back