Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 12,993 comments
Ai at 8 and they still drive badly. No clean overtake, no racecraft, no proper driving, still braking mid corner, they just bang you out of the way.

I've done two of the series with the new patch - the Ginetta one, and the Open 400. For the Ginetta one I started 3rd every race on difficulty 8, and for the open 400 one, I started last every race on difficulty 8.

If what you mean by "no clean overtake" is that the AI won't cleanly overtake the player, I agree, no AI ever overtook me. They are still more timid than human players with the same pace. It was possible for me to cleanly overtake the AI, they left me space when passing them whether I passed on the inside or outside. No AI ever "banged me out of the way". They only braked mid corner if it was a response to the presence of another car.

If by "no racecraft" you mean they won't do things like take a wide line behind you into a corner to carry more speed into the exit so they can then cut over to the inside and pass you with their higher exit speed, then yes, they lack that sort of human racecraft. They have no forward planning ability, they just respond to what is happening in the moment. From what I saw, they do a much better job of responding to what is happening in the moment than previous patches. For example, when starting from last, there were minimal collisions in the early corners. They slowed down as necessary to not hit the car in front, but I didn't find it excessive, it was an amount of slowing down similar to early corner congestion in human multiplayer.

Their pace is still a bit slow for 3 reasons:
  • They don't match the player's PI. In the Open 400 series, the AIs were only around 375.
  • They don't use an optimal fuel load.
  • For dry races when they have race tyres, they don't use soft compound.
If they fix those 3 things, it may well become impossible for me to start from last and beat them. Even with how it is now it was often very tough to catch the lead car due to how short the races are, and I only won the series by 1 point starting from last every race. For me, it seemed like a pretty decent racing experience, not massively dissimilar to racing against humans, and much improved over any previous version of the game.

I cant imagine what kind of person still play this garbage serious.
And I can't imagine why you made this post, when this was seen as an attack. You're actually worse than the stuff shinyodd and sepi made about the game.

I don't even have the game and I am not planning on buying the game for now. That said, you keep acting like every patch is the same, when the game itself got 8 major updates and plenty of hotfixes, each one significantly better than the last.

Last edited:
And I can't imagine why you made this post, when this was seen as an attack. You're actually worse than the stuff shinyodd and sepi made about the game.

I don't even have the game and I am not planning on buying the game for now. That said, you keep acting like every patch is the same, when the game itself got 8 major updates and plenty of hotfixes, each one significantly better than the last.
I'm going to put this out there: This is going to be eventually the best FM game of the series. And I've been critical of the game from launch, but I also have not given up on it, and neither their developers, which have acknowledged and owned most of the criticism and continue to support the game, unlike other studios that simply cut bait (that's you Slightly Mad Studios).

Is this on default (0.5) brightness and what is your photo mode settings?
My brightness setting is 0.40 and my photomode setting are mostly default. Sometimes i add +3 contrast and +3 exposure when its cloudy or when im under a shadow. But after update 8 the game already looks incredible with the default setting. The removal of the ugly yellow filter and desaturation fade when looking at the sun made the graphics shine. Also the car paint shaders are improved which makes the car look alot better than before.

The AI definitely seems a lot better
They do still sometimes brake on the straights (Usually when the pack is very bunched up, such as immediately after the start), but they seem to be a lot more predictable. T10 still needs to work on the AI when it comes to defending, all you have to do to overtake is kinda half-heartedly stick your nose up the inside without actually committing to the pass and the AI will open the door so far it falls off its hinges

T10 should have a tour that's specifically for previous tours added to the game, called "Legacy Tour." This can be expanded upon after a previous tour ends, which will also expand content to the game for new/returning players.

IMO, FM really doesn't need FOMO. It can't be like Forza Horizon because that game has a playlist full of different stuff to complete. FM's are just generic races with lack of objectives other than to earn enough points to claim top position. The featured tours should not be getting removed like they currently are, with rewards disappearing in the process. It's just silly and needs rethinking.

Last edited:
T10 should have a tour that's specifically for previous tours added to the game, called "Legacy Tour." This can be expanded upon after a previous tour ends, which will also expand content to the game for new/returning players.

IMO, FM really doesn't need FOMO. It can't be like Forza Horizon because that game has a playlist full of different stuff to complete. FM's are just generic races with lack of objectives other than to earn enough points to claim top position. The featured tours should not be getting removed like they currently are, with rewards disappearing in the process. It's just silly and needs rethinking.
Well after 8 updates T10 still dosent seem to be on our side when it comes to this. I feel like this will go on for many more months until they finally tweak it a little bit but I agree its annoying. This system does not make any sense

Last edited:
Almost 8 months and the solo is still the same uninspired crap so I’m giving up hope for anything at this rate. Every race is the same 24 cars / 4-5 laps combinaison and I’m bored.

I try and want to like the game but …

Last edited:
Almost 8 months and the solo is still the same uninspired crap so I’m giving up hope for anything at this rate. Every race is the same 24 cars / 4-5 laps combinaison and I’m bored.

I try and want to like the game but …
Try some interesting freeplay set ups. Thats what I've been doing when I need a break from the repetitive career. While theres a few things thats still missing and can be modified in freeplay, theres enough options where I almost never get bored there. Made a few IMSA style multi class races which im in the middle of a 2hr one right now, some classic and modern trans-am ones, plenty of 60-70s vintage races and etc. With the inclusion of the tire wear multiplier, its making some non mandatory pit races interesting which im digging.

Nordschleife, 600pp, tyre wear on, stock tyres. Dont know what tyres the ai use.
Okay, I've driven Nordschleife now, as it's in the 500 PI Open Tour. The AI are indeed still pretty bad at it, so I think there is an element of their self-learning being more advanced on some tracks than others, and if the devs are able to manually tweak in some way to address specific bends where they slow down excessively, maybe they haven't found and tweaked every location on every track. The fastest AIs were also using more speed-oriented builds than mine, and pulled away from me down the final long straight, so maybe they genuinely had more need to slow down on some bends than me, but even so, the slowing down did seem excessive in places.

Today i tryed the new patch. Feels like the same crap game then before. Still a deadbirth like on release. Super toxic MP, ramming, divebomb, reckless, feels like everyone just unload their frustration to the game. There are no good players left, only gamepass kids with joypad. Empty rooms at primetime... this game is dead.
Ai at 8 and they still drive badly. No clean overtake, no racecraft, no proper driving, still braking mid corner, they just bang you out of the way. No wonder people in MP also drive like that, the game learn them to drive like that.
Yes, we know your type. You lack the capacity to intelligently critique the game. You lack the capacity to merely express what you do and don't like about the game.

It's clear from the way you insult others for enjoying any aspect of the game that you hate some part of yourself , if not more than just some part.

Please seek therapy

Last edited:
That would be me
Me as well. Just a guess, but thinking that poster would get smoked by most people here. Probably a D Safety rating and 1001 Skill Rating judging by post. I would say E Safety rating but you actually have to try to accomplish that and the poster obviously is not invested enough to do so.

Last edited:
Today i tryed the new patch. Feels like the same crap game then before. Still a deadbirth like on release. Super toxic MP, ramming, divebomb, reckless, feels like everyone just unload their frustration to the game. There are no good players left, only gamepass kids with joypad. Empty rooms at primetime... this game is dead.
Ai at 8 and they still drive badly. No clean overtake, no racecraft, no proper driving, still braking mid corner, they just bang you out of the way. No wonder people in MP also drive like that, the game learn them to drive like that.
I have tried a few online races, seen a little of what you talked about but I know a few gamepass adults (like myself) that do try to race correctly (even the few of us on pad). AI is slightly better after the patch but still does show some quirks in the offline series.

Try not to give up on yet. FM23 isn't bad or dead, think of it as a work in progress. I should try a few of these lobbies you mention. Any good teams or leagues for online racing?

I have tried a few online races, seen a little of what you talked about but I know a few gamepass adults (like myself) that do try to race correctly (even the few of us on pad). AI is slightly better after the patch but still does show some quirks in the offline series.

Try not to give up on yet. FM23 isn't bad or dead, think of it as a work in progress. I should try a few of these lobbies you mention. Any good teams or leagues for online racing?
Any particular type of racing? We have racing almost every night, but mostly slower cars. There's lots of us racing! I just posted on here for one of our leagues, but we have lots across different time zones. We're more casual and laid back. Clean and sportsmanlike over winning at all costs

One thing I'm still extremely worried about is what's going to happen to this game when EOL status hits. Will a patch be released that lets singleplayer and other modes be used offline? As it stands right now isn't most of the game locked away if your Internet is off? It's kind of demotivating to even make progress knowing that there's a possibility it'll all just be wiped away in the future.

One thing I'm still extremely worried about is what's going to happen to this game when EOL status hits. Will a patch be released that lets singleplayer and other modes be used offline? As it stands right now isn't most of the game locked away if your Internet is off? It's kind of demotivating to even make progress knowing that there's a possibility it'll all just be wiped away in the future.
Same with GT7 and Sport. It's annoying. Hopefully with GT7 they'll patch it so you can just use it. I'd hope FM would do the same

Same with GT7 and Sport. It's annoying. Hopefully with GT7 they'll patch it so you can just use it. I'd hope FM would do the same
I recall the guy who hinted at Kaz "cooking" before the Spec II update, said that the offline capability on GT Sport and GT7 was just a "switch" and easy to change, the main change being the move of your game save from the servers when GT Sport closed.

Hopefully they've done something similar with FM23. Although we don't have any clues on that from Horizon since FH4 is still ongoing, unlike the prior Horizon games. But then, they've made some other weird decisions on FM23, like the car mods locked to progression, so who knows?

I recall the guy who hinted at Kaz "cooking" before the Spec II update, said that the offline capability on GT Sport and GT7 was just a "switch" and easy to change, the main change being the move of your game save from the servers when GT Sport closed.

Hopefully they've done something similar with FM23. Although we don't have any clues on that from Horizon since FH4 is still ongoing, unlike the prior Horizon games. But then, they've made some other weird decisions on FM23, like the car mods locked to progression, so who knows?
Well, they fixed that progression not long ago. So they have the ability to listen at least

I don't understand why the game keeps changing my race suit. And it's not just changing it to random ones it's changing it to a particular orange one.

Did they say that they have addressed the AI brake checking in corners or that is still something they are going to work on? Because it's still happening. I ran a race at Silverstone GP and at Aintree right as you're going on to the Wellington Straight, if you're 4 or 5 car lengths behind them they fly right through that turn and keep going. But if you're right behind them and are going to get a good run on them down that straight, brake check and you hit them in the rear.

I also had a couple of incidents where the AI turned into me opposite of the way the corner goes. At Daytona going into the LeMans chicane, I'm on the left with an AI car right beside me. We turn left ok but on the right hander instead of the AI car turning right, it turned left into me. Luckily I had a feeling it could happen and I was already on the brakes and the AI car kind of rubbed right across my front end and hit the inside wall but it did delay me getting through the chicane.

I had mixed feeling regarding the latest update at first. I feared it would feel rather uninspiring and empty when no new track was included.

But after having played it for a couple of days now, I'm rather impressed. The AI is much better even if it's far from perfect still. I've had less struggles getting through turn 1 and I don't get hold up by unnecessary braking as often anymore.

Graphically I noticed a big difference and the game looks more colourful and saturated now. Some of the LOD pop-in also seems to have been reduced.

The Ginetta Junior series was good fun with close racing. Thanks to the AI having cars that were also maxed out PI-wise they finally felt like a real challenge on level 8.

So, all in all, this update was a surprise, but a very pleasant one.
99c4fc38-8588-4511-a462-081f31fc0e71.png

Btw, has this happened to anyone else? The other day after I had finished a race and returned to the home screen, it was suddenly evening outside 🤔
0d720df4-0102-4bec-9d09-0cce1d1aae8a.png

Edit: I forgot to add that I hope we get the Group B Citroën BX from FH5 in Forza Motorsport as well soon. I love quirky 80's cars!
Screenshot_20240517-190200_X.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240517-190200_X.jpg
    Screenshot_20240517-190200_X.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Been months since I've played, probably 2 updates ago.

Jumped back in yesterday due to the positive comments about the Ginetta series.

Wow, vast improvement in AI behavior.

It's pretty well-known that we can make up places at the green light. In the past that used to be a problem for me, because splitting the right and left lane of cars got me pinballled around pretty good.

So when I was able to navigate the traffic up to, AND through, T1, race after race after race, I was in shock.

This is what I expected the game to be upon launch, but I'll take it since I had stopped playing it.

Back