Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 12,998 comments
It looks like michael bay was on charge of the art direction. Yes it’s striking and initially appealing, but unless you’re a certain age you’ll begin to find it a bit much
i dont know what it is but i like gt7 better and i dont have either a ps4 or 5 console, hopefully the car models are up to date

I rewatched the trailer and it does feel like a Forza Horizon: Motorsport. Pretty, but HUD is the same as FM7 and graphics focus is excessive.

8-point contact model means many more calculations for physics, which is taxing on the CPU. I'm still very skeptical when it comes to their ability to pull realistic gameplay off with such intensive graphics.

I rewatched the trailer and it does feel like a Forza Horizon: Motorsport. Pretty, but HUD is the same as FM7 and graphics focus is excessive.

8-point contact model means many more calculations for physics, which is taxing on the CPU. I'm still very skeptical when it comes to their ability to pull realistic gameplay off with such intensive graphics.
THAT was my first thinking when watching the gameplay trailer, indeed.

Nah, GRID and GRID Legends, those are truly dramatic (and I love them for it). I figure that if I'm going to play at 4K I want the graphics to pop. After all, racing is pageantry.
I too love it when colours pop as well. I'm loving Motorsport's visual and colour pallet all around. Doesn't look stale, nor oversaturated, and looks realistic enough to trick people. Have no idea what people are talking about when they say "it looks gamey" or whatever they're adding into this discussion. I'm just glad T10 hasn't forgotten they are developing a "game" that can be enjoyed by many people. That is the issue I am currently having with GT7 at the moment.

HDR in GT7 brings it's art style closer to Forza Motorsport with much more vibrant colors.

The current Forza Motorsport trailer we have is not in HDR; we do not know how it really looks when it comes to color reproduction.

No HDR does not just make colors brighter and saturated.

Last edited:
They actually make sure the colors are as close as possible when getting track data...

Everyone that thinks Forza Motorsport colors do not look right just watch that detailed video and you see:

Screenshot_207.jpg

Must be your cheap monitor screens or wrong settings > User Error :P

Last edited:
The problem here is you can't translate HDR properly like this.

I know GT7 doesn't look like that in gamepay and Forza Motorsport is going to look different too.

If I were to just go off those pictures, I would say Forza Motorsport looks much more realistic but that is not really fair.

The only fair comparison would be to either compare HDR video or have them side by side on the same exact tvs. HDR threw a wrench in game comparisons this generation.

Last edited:
They actually make sure the colors are as close as possible when getting track data...

Everyone that thinks Forza Motorsport colors do not look right just watch that detailed video and you see:

View attachment 1160642

Must be your cheap monitor screens or wrong settings > User Error :P

Trust me the display wasn't cheap (it's a LG C1 OLED, on default HDR game settings) and is still both dim and washed out (that's like my opinion, man :)). In contrast, both FM5 and 6 were quite colorful and lively.

I have watched many hours of GT7 non HDR streams and especially the grass at some time of day settings looks like neon green sometimes. Really weird ^^

Last edited:
Trust me the display wasn't cheap (it's a LG C1 OLED, on default HDR game settings) and is still both dim and washed out (that's like my opinion, man :)). In contrast, both FM5 and 6 were quite colorful and lively.
People generally think that a dull look is more realistic. Real life is vibrant and colorful; GT7 in HDR is much more vibrant than without HDR. I've always found that Forza and Gran Turismo hug both sides of photorealism.

I play on a LG CX OLED.

Can someone please tell me if there is planned VR support on the PC version? I'm way out of the loop on this game and I'm having a hard time finding the answer. Thanks!

The same was said for Forza Horizon 5, but people have no idea how it looked in real life at the locations they captured the lighting of. Real life can be colorfull and dull, it all depends on the location and tod
m0WQAz3.jpg

9VDZbLi.jpg

RevKZS4.jpg
FH5 going for the michael bay art direction.
It looks like michael bay was on charge of the art direction. Yes it’s striking and initially appealing, but unless you’re a certain age you’ll begin to find it a bit much
Fix your TV settings.

Last edited:
FH5 going for the michael bay art direction.

Fix your TV settings.
It’s a calibrated oled. What I’m seeing is what they want us to see. The colours aren’t oversaturated. They seem to have a Michael bay style orange and teal split tone and the screenshots above certainly show that as well.
There’s a clear art direction here, and a creative artistic vision is welcome in some aspects; it isn’t realistic, but it is cinematic. Horses for courses. I’d rather GTs rather sterile colour reproduction for a sense of realism although it is less striking at first glance.

Last edited:
They seem to have a Michael bay style orange and teal split tone and the screenshots above certainly show that as well.
There’s a clear art direction here, and a creative artistic vision is welcome in some aspects; it isn’t realistic, but it is cinematic. Horses for courses. I’d rather GTs rather sterile colour reproduction for a sense of realism although it is less striking at first glance.
Hm idk about that. And tbh i trust a video from Game Developers Conference and the things said and shown by a Turn10 dev more ^^

Also i dont really see what you are talking about but maybe my IPS panel is not good enough? ^^

Screenshot_210.jpgScreenshot_209.jpg

Screenshot_208.jpg

Last edited:
I loved Forza Motorsport and dumped thousands of hours between FM2 and 6. I just hope they finally find some direction instead of trying to make a game for everyone, let the Horizon series handle that.

Found on a forum.
fmu2k22.jpg

IMG_3000-1.jpg

The below image is Micheal bay footage from a race in belgium.
Well the forza image proves my point about the split toning, are you posting this to defend Michael Bay? Michael Bay popularised this particular aesthetic with the Transformers films which is why I mentioned him. Although I’ve never seen one I like watching videos on cinematography and colour toning and this style is as mainstream as it gets now.

Last edited:
Michael Bay popularised this particular aesthetic with the Transformers films which is why I mentioned him
The pictures show FM is close to real life artistically.
Hm idk about that. And tbh i trust a video from Game Developers Conference and the things said and shown by a Turn10 dev more ^^

Also i dont really see what you are talking about but maybe my IPS panel is not good enough? ^^

View attachment 1160696View attachment 1160697
Is Long beach in Transformers?

Last edited:
You guys with your environments.
GT7 Cars look much more realistic.
When I drive with GT3 or LMP1 car over Spa, I have nearly no time to see a different between the environment. But I can see the other cars before me. And that does counts.
And I can’t imagine, everything in Forza will be playable in minimum 60 FPS with Raytracing and so on.
They should set the focus on realistic cars. It will be officially a car simulation and not landscape simulator. Landscape driving is Horizon. Or should it be Forza Horizon Motorsport. They have to decide.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back