Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 12,705 comments
I don't play in 3rd person cam so can't comment sorry, I can just compare what we have now and to me it seems to capture quite well the engine note of the car, where it lacks is in induction noise and some of the nuance on downshifting.

[edit]: Here's what it sounded like 4 weeks ago, pretty subtle differences, I'm not even sure if my ears can distinguish there is a difference:

There you go, sounded vastly better before the update. Like I said, louder, meatier, more screamy. Even the downshifts were menacingly loud and echoed properly off the environment. They've toned it down and it now feels a bit weak, Lord knows why. T10 as usual reinventing the wheel and fixing what doesn't need any fixing.

The AI is going to make mistakes, as I said before, because it isn't perfect and neither are we as humans. Humans will make mistakes as well and the AI is supposed to imitate that.
This is how it should have been but it is not the case. AI is still braking and doing silly "mistakes" from startline to slow us down while the +120% boosted leadercars rockets away. Just like in Horizon, and this is the point where FM is the furthest thing from any form of realism.

In general, the AI is programmed to do a lot of unnecessary nonsense instead of actually focusing on driving fast. Someone at turn10 is doing a very poor job

This is how it should have been but it is not the case. AI is still braking and doing silly "mistakes" from startline to slow us down while the +120% boosted leadercars rockets away. Just like in Horizon, and this is the point where FM is the furthest thing from any form of realism.

In general, the AI is programmed to do a lot of unnecessary nonsense instead of actually focusing on driving fast. Someone at turn10 is doing a very poor job
I highly doubt they are programmed to purposely slow us down. I finished up the V10 series last night and didn't experience anything that made me think this was the case, I fell back in the beginning due to having poorer acceleration, but eventually caught back up to the leaders and came in 1st and 2nd in the last two races.

I'll see what happens with a higher difficulty, but I have a feeling it will be similar.

I already posted some of the lighting and color temp changes but damn this one blew me away. Its such a stark difference, it looks much more natural now and there is more details in the shadows.
tesssss.jpg

Screenshot (599).png

The Matra-Simca MS650 has its Brands Hatch wing, a front spoiler, its Le Mans cockpit and its Tour de France Headlights as customization options. Hopefully, the front spoiler and headlights get separated.

I can see them creating a TransAm division once they'll add at least one free car (with the Camaro being a likely candidate). I will also be absolutely unsurprised if they'll add other, non-paywalled P3s in the coming months. As for Supercars, I figure it may be hard to get permission to use the name when they feature cars that are, at this point, two generations beyond current. Maybe one day they'll add Bathurst back, maybe we'll see the ZB Commodore, if not the Gen3 Camaro and Mustang.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! It's everything @Kelpy D and I had hoped for, and more!
Indeed! Hopefully, T10 would update the Porsche 956/962 in the future to maybe add official parts from other chassis in the future, maybe add more racing cars with optional modifications.

Last edited:
View attachment 1347559

The Matra-Simca MS650 has its Brands Hatch wing, a front spoiler, its Le Mans cockpit and its Tour de France Headlights as customization options. Hopefully, the front spoiler and headlights get separated.

Yeah thankfully the front spoiler and headlights are seperate. Was quite surprised when firstly the car dropped (forgot what day it was) and secondly when I was looking through the performance upgrades I saw the aero options. I love it when Turn Ten does stuff like this. Good attention to detail.

Random question, has anyone in this forum got FM 2023 to run on the Steamdeck on Windows via dualboot. Im thinking of getting it but my laptop is so old and other than my PS5 my Steamdeck is my other gaming device.

Last edited:
Next we need them to split out the V8 supercars and TransAm, and move the Essenza to factory racecars
I can see them creating a TransAm division once they'll add at least one free car (with the Camaro being a likely candidate). I will also be absolutely unsurprised if they'll add other, non-paywalled P3s in the coming months. As for Supercars, I figure it may be hard to get permission to use the name when they feature cars that are, at this point, two generations beyond current. Maybe one day they'll add Bathurst back, maybe we'll see the ZB Commodore, if not the Gen3 Camaro and Mustang.
View attachment 1347559

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! It's everything @Kelpy D and I had hoped for, and more!

I'd love for them to add some TA2 cars, I'd find them far more interesting than the TA1 cars we currently have, but either would be nice to see them in their own class.

Really looking forward to the Gen3 car's to come if they eventually do, even the GT3 Mustang that's come recently would be a fantastic edition to GT class, I'd be happy enough to see that added.

I highly doubt they are programmed to purposely slow us down. I finished up the V10 series last night and didn't experience anything that made me think this was the case, I fell back in the beginning due to having poorer acceleration, but eventually caught back up to the leaders and came in 1st and 2nd in the last two races.

I'll see what happens with a higher difficulty, but I have a feeling it will be similar.
They are, no doubt. Anyone with a little Forza-experience knows this

Hmmm, out of nowhere FM23 on the PC is suddenly crashing when loading for me. It gets to the point where it's checked for updates and saved progress then it just quits without an error message. It was working fine yesterday and FH5 loads and plays just fine, no drivers or software changes in the process.

Is there an issue with the FM23 server or something like that maybe?

Last edited:
Hmmm, out of nowhere FM23 on the PC is suddenly crashing when loading for me. It gets to the point where it's checked for updates and saved progress then it just quits without an error message. It was working fine yesterday and FH5 loads and plays just fine, no drivers or software changes in the process.

Is there an issue with the FM23 server or something like that maybe?
No issues on the PC front today, except for the usual notice that "this CPU is not supported, the game may not launch", which I ignore as usual because the game can run perfectly on a 4-core CPU.

I'd love for them to add some TA2 cars, I'd find them far more interesting than the TA1 cars we currently have, but either would be nice to see them in their own class.

Really looking forward to the Gen3 car's to come if they eventually do, even the GT3 Mustang that's come recently would be a fantastic edition to GT class, I'd be happy enough to see that added.
I'm optimistic that they'll prolly release other versions of the existing TA cars (Mustang, CTS-V, Corvette and Challenger). Same with the GT3s.

No issues on the PC front today, except for the usual notice that "this CPU is not supported, the game may not launch", which I ignore as usual because the game can run perfectly on a 4-core CPU.
Thanks for the reply. Thankfully a few reboots and logging out/in to my MS account on the PC solved my issue.

This week's Featured Tour cars are way more fun than I was expecting. Those crazy wings seriously limit top speed, but acceleration is so much fun (on boost at least).

They are, no doubt. Anyone with a little Forza-experience knows this
Played since FM1. I have never once had the thought that they were purposely programmed to slow us down. I have no issues with winning or at least placing in 90% of my races.

Yes, I remember the days of "AI catch-up" and rubber banding but that doesn't seem to be much of a thing anymore.

Last edited:
Yeah thankfully the front spoiler and headlights are seperate. Was quite surprised when firstly the car dropped (forgot what day it was) and secondly when I was looking through the performance upgrades I saw the aero options. I love it when Turn Ten does stuff like this. Good attention to detail.
I got this wrong. The front spoiler and headlights can’t be separated sorry. Got the memory of a goldfish these days lol

Well that was no fun. In fact it might have been in my top 5 angriest moments in racing game history. Picked the Lola for this latest series challenge and I was expecting it to be bad and it was even worse than that. From that first moment in practice at Mid Ohio I knew I was in trouble. Just no grip at all. I was reminded of that Paul Simon song, "Slip sliding away, slip sliding awaaaayyyy." Brake, stab the throttle, brake, stab the throttle, brake, stab the throttle etc. etc. etc. I had the worst average finishing position since I've been playing this game, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, and 5th. On that 5th place, let's see, a car with tons of power and zero grip should be perfect for uhhhh, Laguna Seca!!! Every little bump and braking zone was just "Is it going to stop and possibly turn this time?" I won the series because unlike every other series before there was no dominant rival this time. The first race winner was nowhere to be seen for the other three races. At Maple Valley the front two Chapparals just disappeared off into the distance. I had no hope of catching them at all. When I get extremely mad I start sweating, A LOT!! and be the time I was finished with this series I was drenched, even with the ceiling fan going. I'm sure my neighbors didn't appreciate the shower running at 11pm but I had to cool off before bedtime.

Once I finished that disaster I got the Mantra Simca and gave it a spin around Brands Hatch. Decent car. Don't know how much I'll use it in the future. But what in the hell is up with Brands Hatch?

Brands Hatch black again.png

I hope Turn 10 is aware of this. It's happened each time I try to run it for the first time in a session.

Well that was no fun. In fact it might have been in my top 5 angriest moments in racing game history. Picked the Lola for this latest series challenge and I was expecting it to be bad and it was even worse than that. From that first moment in practice at Mid Ohio I knew I was in trouble. Just no grip at all. I was reminded of that Paul Simon song, "Slip sliding away, slip sliding awaaaayyyy." Brake, stab the throttle, brake, stab the throttle, brake, stab the throttle etc. etc. etc. I had the worst average finishing position since I've been playing this game, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, and 5th. On that 5th place, let's see, a car with tons of power and zero grip should be perfect for uhhhh, Laguna Seca!!! Every little bump and braking zone was just "Is it going to stop and possibly turn this time?" I won the series because unlike every other series before there was no dominant rival this time. The first race winner was nowhere to be seen for the other three races. At Maple Valley the front two Chapparals just disappeared off into the distance. I had no hope of catching them at all. When I get extremely mad I start sweating, A LOT!! and be the time I was finished with this series I was drenched, even with the ceiling fan going. I'm sure my neighbors didn't appreciate the shower running at 11pm but I had to cool off before bedtime.

Once I finished that disaster I got the Mantra Simca and gave it a spin around Brands Hatch. Decent car. Don't know how much I'll use it in the future. But what in the hell is up with Brands Hatch?

View attachment 1348130

I hope Turn 10 is aware of this. It's happened each time I try to run it for the first time in a session.
I found the Lola to be the better car out of the available cars for this series.I generally`rent`all the cars one by one that are allowed in a series and try them out before spending my credits.I found the mclaren T163 to be fast as but a bit unstable for me,the Mantra and Nissan more stable but I wasnt able to string a decent lap with them.
I put sports tyres onto the Lola and I felt happy with it,seemed to stop ok but cornering a little iffy.
I play on XSX with controller.

To add,I went back and replayed this tour using the Mantra.Not quite as fast as the Lola but so much nicer to drive,doesnt excel at anything but does everything it should,if that makes sense.Still a poor finish on Mapel valley,ive never got on with that track since it appeared in the FM series. :lol:

Last edited:
I found the Lola to be the better car out of the available cars for this series.I generally`rent`all the cars one by one that are allowed in a series and try them out before spending my credits.I found the mclaren T163 to be fast as but a bit unstable for me,the Mantra and Nissan more stable but I wasnt able to string a decent lap with them.
I put sports tyres onto the Lola and I felt happy with it,seemed to stop ok but cornering a little iffy.

To add,I went back and replayed this tour using the Mantra.Not quite as fast as the Lola but so much nicer to drive,doesnt excel at anything but does everything it should,if that makes sense.Still a poor finish on Mapel valley,ive never got on with that track since it appeared in the FM series. :lol:
Im with you about Maple valley but I'll take it step further and say I hate maple valley. Everytime I see it come up in the career track rotation I literally get mad and do it anyway uninspired. For me its just pretty to look at and thats it

So once you get the Mantra it's eligible for this challenge? See that's screwed up. I didn't get it until AFTER I had finished the challenge. So they make you spend credits for a car for a challenge if you don't previously have one that qualifies. If I had just logged on and ran a few free play races would the car pass car still have dropped? Or does it only drop after you've ran that week's challenge?

So once you get the Mantra it's eligible for this challenge? See that's screwed up. I didn't get it until AFTER I had finished the challenge. So they make you spend credits for a car for a challenge if you don't previously have one that qualifies. If I had just logged on and ran a few free play races would the car pass car still have dropped? Or does it only drop after you've ran that week's challenge?
AFAIK cars from car pass drops without you needing to do anything really, its just a matter of when the game syncs your profile with their servers. So anything that you do that updates your data and force the game to sync it will see that you dont have the car and the game will give it to you whenever you go back to the main menu. So you could do a race, buy/tune a random car, paint a car or update your driver suit and once you go back in the main menu, the car pass drop pop in message will appear.

EDIT: fixed typos

Last edited:
AFAIK cars from car pass drops without you needing to do anything really, its just a matter of when the game syncs your profile with their servers. So anything that you do that updates your data and force the game to sync it will see that you dont have the car and it will give it to you when you're on head over the main menu screen. So you could do a race, buy/tune a random car, paint a car or update your driver suit and once you go back in the main menu, the game will give you the car pass car.
I think for next week I'm going to try some free play races first to see if it drops in then go into the career challenges. Of course car pass is almost finished now so it's a little late for me to be figuring this out.

AFAIK cars from car pass drops without you needing to do anything really, its just a matter of when the game syncs your profile with their servers. So anything that you do that updates your data and force the game to sync it will see that you dont have the car and it will give it to you when you're on head over the main menu screen. So you could do a race, buy/tune a random car, paint a car or update your driver suit and once you go back in the main menu, the game will give you the car pass car.
If you're on Xbox don't use quick resume, completely close the game and restart it and it'll give you the notification for the new car as soon as you exit the starting screen and get to the main menu.

Forza Motorsport Hotfix 7.1 Release Notes – April 19, 2024

Today’s Forza Motorsport hotfix addresses a crash caused by thumbnail regeneration for players who have a significant number of cars with unique liveries, as well as a graphical issue on PC where DLSS options stopped functioning correctly.
Version Number:
  • Xbox Series X|S: 1.575.5892.0
  • PC (Microsoft Store): 1.575.5892.0
  • Steam: 1.575.5892.0

Bug Fixes and Improvements

Stability [All Platforms]
  • Car thumbnails are now generated sequentially to avoid a potential crash when generating too many thumbnails at once. This caused some players with a large number of cars with unique liveries to crash on launch if their thumbnails required regeneration. [1660480]
PC
  • Fixed an issue on PC that caused DLSS options to stop functioning correctly on NVIDIA graphics cards. [1755060]

In regards to the bug fixes, the crashes I've had on the XBOX have been during tuning cars going back & forth between several cars, noticing the thumbnails of cars starting to disappear, loading slowly before the game crashes to the home screen.

Back