Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 12,734 comments
Not saying I agree with their decision, but the FM crowd is maybe a tenth of the FH5 crowd.

The amount of people who will have the concern of double dipping will be miniscule.

There will be a lot of people (FH only players) who will buy this pack because the cars are cool, especially racecars in an FH setting.

The FH3 car pack had cars that were straight from FM6 but that was super well received (and looked back on fondly). FH community was significantly smaller back then too.
Well, guess I won't be buying the new car pack and stick to driving those cars in FM.

The group 7 cars are a real handful, even with racing soft tires you cannot go full throttle unless you are pointing straight. I am using the Nissan with no wing, a real beast.

There are certainly more enjoyable cars to drive and race but I am fascinated with the history of group 7 and Can Am racing so I am enjoying the challenge this week.

Not to go too off topic but I love this short film with historic footage of some of these cars racing at Road Atlanta, I hope we get this circuit returned to this game soon.

This is one of the divisions I hope they expand on because I do enjoy taming and tuning those high horsepower wild prototype machines. Cars like the Shadow DN2/4, bring back the Porsche 917/30, the Ferrari 712p, BRM P154, McLaren M8F, Chapperal 2J and Mckee mkvii...to name some great ones.

Last edited:
I still can't believe what cars they put in FH5's the latest car pack. Not even a single new to Forza car and all of them are from new FM, and it gets even worse when you realize the M8 GTE is FREE for both FM7 and FM23 but now we have to pay for it in FH5, and 4 out of 7 cars are already part of the FM23 Car Pass, which means if you want to have these cars in both games, you have to pay TWICE for them. That's just ridiculous.
Nowhere on the store does it say you're entitled to free access to a car in every Forza when you buy it in one.

Good, I have about 50 suggestions I’ve been meaning to write up.
One thing I'd love in Forza Motorsport but I'm not sure if it'd work, would be the ability to slow down or do good moves to serve penalties. I'm not sure if it would be abusable though so I don't know it'd be implementable.

I recommend you both post on forums, i dont know if PJ can beacuse he works for EA, but for Johnny i recomend they do it

I had been playing FM a bit by myself, it looks better than before, but laterly i had felt a desire to remake kart game tracks into Forza Horizon 5 while FM gets better, hopefuly they can put a track creator thing into the game too, something more serious than eventlab

I really want to put Motegi in away or another into this game

GT7 has a slow down penalty system which you can watch in action on YouTube easily enough. This system basically results in people trying to brake just before the finish line to serve their slowdown at the last possible second without needing to gain speed again afterwards.

I'd prefer Forza to keep just a time penalty personally, it doesn't require you to slow down and speed up in a way which never happens in real life.

GT7 has a slow down penalty system which you can watch in action on YouTube easily enough. This system basically results in people trying to brake just before the finish line to serve their slowdown at the last possible second without needing to gain speed again afterwards.

I'd prefer Forza to keep just a time penalty personally, it doesn't require you to slow down and speed up in a way which never happens in real life.
The slow down is at a fixed point on the track, even if you slow down before the start/finish line you will still be forced to slow down at the point in the track for penaltys. Thers no getting away from it but it seems to work okay.

That's what I'm planning to do as well.
Me too! Now that I've gotten used to how the cars drive, with the more detailed handling model in FM, the driving experience feels very arcadey and shallow in FH. At least for me that play both with my wheel setup.

Also, I can't stand the FOMO-system that you have to grind through every week in FH to get the reward cars. It's bad enough in FM where it's on a monthly basis.

More often than not I found myself wanting to play something else (like FM for example), but then I had a bad conscience about not grinding those weekly races in FH and getting the reward cars, which killed all the joy for me. What a chore. No thanks, I won't play any more FH until FH6 launches.

End of rant 😂

I found the Lola to be the better car out of the available cars for this series.I generally`rent`all the cars one by one that are allowed in a series and try them out before spending my credits.I found the mclaren T163 to be fast as but a bit unstable for me,the Mantra and Nissan more stable but I wasnt able to string a decent lap with them.
I put sports tyres onto the Lola and I felt happy with it,seemed to stop ok but cornering a little iffy.
I play on XSX with controller.

To add,I went back and replayed this tour using the Mantra.Not quite as fast as the Lola but so much nicer to drive,doesnt excel at anything but does everything it should,if that makes sense.Still a poor finish on Mapel valley,ive never got on with that track since it appeared in the FM series. :lol:
Maple can be tricky - it's the elevation changes. Downshift and feather the throttle, there you go. No more tail stepping out :lol:

I'm the only one to find the lastest series to be a pain to drive ? Overpowered cars with really poor grip
Skill issue, bro, git gud :lol:

All jokes aside, Can Am cars are a handful to drive - but quite fun if you're into overpowered, ancient racecars with primitive aero and early, stone-hard slick tires. To be fast in them you'll need to mahandle them to the corner apex, then use the engine torque to close off the corner, while at the same time being careful to avoid excessive wheelspin. It's definitely counterintuitive if you're used to the small-imputs, smooth-is-fast driving style modern racecars require, and every small misstep is punished rather harshly, but it's also immensely gratifying once you get the hang of it. Trailbraking can also help, but from what I've seen, it's not terribly effective in the M8.

What does make the racing series a lot less enjoyable is the fact that the AI seems to have some rather significant issues with driving those Group 7 monsters. They also seem to like running their cars with sports tires and ballast, which is... No, just no.

I've gotta say after a long time of being very 'meh' about FM I'm starting to go to it more and more now. It's crept up on me a bit. I was very much in the GT7 is better camp, but having completed the single player stuff there, there's something about it that's off-putting about going back - maybe it's all the pomp and ceremony around it, dunno - FM lets me just boot it up and race, pretty much the way I want it, in quite an unpretentious, user-friendly manner, I've become quite good at setting the parameters for races so I get the kind of grids I want, and I'm enjoying the races themselves a lot, particularly in the lower powered cars like touring cars etc - it's just an all round good racing sandbox and that's what I always wanted from a game personally, I'm not a massive career mode person, I just want to race the way I want to race.

I miss the Indycars and Formula E though.

Last edited:
I do agree, but feels like theses cars have like economy tires on, even if it's cars from the seventies it was still slicks tires, with the factory setup it feels wrong
With sport tires yes, it feels like something natural and that (I) feel enjoyable

I've gotta say after a long time of being very 'meh' about FM I'm starting to go to it more and more now. It's crept up on me a bit. I was very much in the GT7 is better camp, but having completed the single player stuff there, there's something about it that's off-putting about going back - maybe it's all the pomp and ceremony around it, dunno - FM lets me just boot it up and race, pretty much the way I want it, in quite an unpretentious, user-friendly manner, I've become quite good at setting the parameters for races so I get the kind of grids I want, and I'm enjoying the races themselves a lot, particularly in the lower powered cars like touring cars etc - it's just an all round good racing sandbox and that's what I always wanted from a game personally, I'm not a massive career mode person, I just want to race the way I want to race.
Yep me too, just wish we will have more option for free race mode to add tire wear and fuel to set long races with pits stops

Yep me too, just wish we will have more option for free race mode to add tire wear and fuel to set long races with pits stops
I think, I can't remember where it was or could have been said to save myself but iirc, there would be tire/fuel multipliers in some race modes according to T10's plans.

Last edited:
Do you guys noticed any improvement due to gamma fix in last update?
I am playing on PC with HDR and my brightness settings were already low. To be honest I’ve not noticed significant differences since the update during gameplay.

The menus is a different matter. Everything looks much better in the garage and tuning screens now.

Last edited:
I think, I can't remember where it was or could have been said to save myself but iirc, there would be tire/fuel multipliers in some race modes according to T10's plans.
Yes I just hope that soon they will bring it to the solo mode, you can set tire and fuel wear in online mode, but not in solo
It's a shame, what's the point of having dynamic weather, rain tires and pits stop if you are not able to take avantage of it ?

Do you guys noticed any improvement due to gamma fix in last update?
I have tested this and they have made some changes to the lighting and color temp. The color temp is more neutral now and far more realistic than the warm color temp before. The Anisotropic texture filtering is also better and shows more detail in mid distance textures. But there are also some things not working right, like DLSS DLAA doesn't work for whatever reason and it looks like the GI is not working correctly. Performance is also a little better than before and it runs smoother for a longer time.

Left is before patch 7 and right is patch 7 (its also zoomed in 200% to make it easier to see the difference)
I
testing.jpg
I already posted some of the lighting and color temp changes but damn this one blew me away. Its such a stark difference, it looks much more natural now and there is more details in the shadows.
tesssss.jpg

Back