Gran Turismo 7’s Invitation System Is Broken: Here’s How We’d Fix It

• Thread starter Famine
  • 111 comments
That's correct, yes. For that matter, the MTX pricings will also have been set by someone above PD, and their existence could (but not necessarily would) have been mandated along similar lines.
I appreciate the clarification, thank you.

If you get the same prize for switching it to easy as for hard, there's no real incentive for it to be a challenge if you want the car, and if it's not a challenge it won't introduce the aspirational aspect of getting the cars that PD are clearly trying to implement.
I don't know, GT is a game for everyone and I don't see PD offering a different experience to players based on the difficulty they choose, in fact GT7 offers the same prizes regardless of the chosen difficulty (at least for the main career, licenses and missions).

Difficulty, prizes, progression, car prices are part of game design, and personally I would never decrease the difficulty level to obtain an in game prize, for the reason you mentioned. Yes, choosing an easier difficulty could decrease the reward's gratification, but it the end is a matter of personal choice and how one wants to play the game. I guess there is no right choice and that's why we need options.

The way we get invites is terrible. After the latest update I now have 499 cars out of 500. Because I can’t get an invitation for the Lamborghini. I have 24 million in game credits that are useless to me because I’m dependent on a random roulette ticket. My fix is simple you need to own all the Lamborghinis to get an invite for the final car. Or race a Lamborghini championship and win the car.
The Lamborghini one is also the one I'm missing. I've been playing GT7 since January this year and have done the daily marathon most of the days since then.
Actually I am also still missing the Bugatti invitation, but by some miracle a six star car ticket gave me the Veyron, that you normally can only get via the invitation, a couple of days ago (not sure whether it was from an extra menu or from a weekly challenge).

It's so frustrating, I have every single car in the game, bar 2x invite only Aston Martins.
I have all the trophies and played the single player missions through. There's nothing more I can do in terms of skill/fun/gameplay - just waiting for some random pot luck.
After collector level 50, they should just unlock all invites.

There's nothing more I can do in terms of skill/fun/gameplay - just waiting for some random pot luck.
Try TTs, you don't need PS+ to access.

And if you have PS+, race online (with a cool lobby if possible, or the dailies)

Last edited:
It's so frustrating, I have every single car in the game, bar 2x invite only Aston Martins.
I have all the trophies and played the single player missions through. There's nothing more I can do in terms of skill/fun/gameplay - just waiting for some random pot luck.
After collector level 50, they should just unlock all invites.
We should be able to trade the invites (invite for invite like Panini album stickers) as I got Aston martin at least twice.

I’m not even interested in ways to improve the invitation process. Just bin it. No matter how hard PD tries nor how much it wants it to be like real life, this is a freaking video game. It’s supposed to be fun when people have free time to get away from the stress etc of real life. Engineering stress and massive frustration into the experience is a joke and inexcusable. And pointless.
If they insist on sticking with this system, everyone should be getting a few invitations a month, not a few a year.

I've learned some time ago, that GT and other grinding games, you have to play from the beginning, to make use of any glitches. In case of GT7, Tomahawk + Tokyo and opening all the invites made sure I don't have this problem anymore. Similarly in GTS, I've sacrificed one weekend for the pit entry glitch to level up to level 50, although I should have sacrificed two weekends, as I didn't have enough money to buy all the new cars they added later. But at least I didn't end up like people playing honestly for years just to end up at level 47-48 with no chance to reach 50.
On the other hand, when you have all the invite cars and your 5* ticket gets wasted on an invite, it's also infuriating. So all in all, this is a very bad system.

I've learned some time ago, that GT and other grinding games, you have to play from the beginning, to make use of any glitches. In case of GT7, Tomahawk + Tokyo and opening all the invites made sure I don't have this problem anymore. Similarly in GTS, I've sacrificed one weekend for the pit entry glitch to level up to level 50, although I should have sacrificed two weekends, as I didn't have enough money to buy all the new cars they added later. But at least I didn't end up like people playing honestly for years just to end up at level 47-48 with no chance to reach 50.
On the other hand, when you have all the invite cars and your 5* ticket gets wasted on an invite, it's also infuriating. So all in all, this is a very bad system.
I used exploits when I was aware of them and had time, but I’m still missing an invite for the Porsche GT. It also speaks volumes about GT7 that we have to use exploits to deal with the grind that is the economy

Unfortunately, some of us were unable to grind fast enough to grab all of them before time ran out.
They should allow you to preorder the car, so when you get an invitation for the car you want its already paid for. A bit like waiting for the call of when your million euro car is ready to be delivered.

PD employee read it: WE HATE THIS SYSTEM!!

It is super unfair, just luck based, it has NOTHING with the real world mechanism to do, it don't show that you are worth to buy a specific car, it forces you to stupidly grinding and most of all IT IS NOT FUN!!

Did I mention, that I hate the invitation system in GT7 ?
I always find it interesting how Kaz said he didn't want people to mechanically repeat the same events, yet he has had PD design many game mechanics (invite system, dealership rotation, Hagerty evaluation, etc.) which encourage doing just that.

It often feels like Kaz doesn't even play the very game he helped create.

Last edited:
yet he has had PD design many game mechanics (invite system, dealership rotation, Hagerty evaluation, etc.) which encourage doing just that.
Even without touching invites, Hagerty and so on, they could offer us more than 3 events that bring more than change when winning

I was close, I was about to say win them with races involving other cars from the same manufacturer. I think there should be one single use chance to win each invitation plus the possibility of winning them from roulette tickets.
The competitions could be placed at different parts of the game. Say that the Citroen event shows up right around Menu book 10 and then perhaps the Citroen car could be one of the choices you could use for an upcoming book. The Ferrari one might show up in post game. I'd go a bit further and say that some of the competitions should be required to be completed in order to advance, forcing the player to decide if they want to delay game progress while they grind the money to use the invite. It's not much in that case, 2.4 million for one car in each color plus one to engine swap (the GT was 800k when I bought my first one. It's now 1M).
Honest though if they just increased the odds of an invite that'd probably do it. GT7 has it's faults but I played it daily for almost two years and got at least two of each invite in that time. If they dropped the 5,000 credits prize and replaced it with invites that would be ideal. You'd get jack squat more often, but 5,000 credits doesn't go too far in GT7 anyway. If this was Red Alert I'd be able to at least build a Psychic Dominator and mind control the AI with it.
Oh, I agree on the higher paying events. There needs to be a WTC 800 event at Maggiore with a 1 million purse, a 1 hour time limit, and standard CRB, not the broken CRB we get at Spa. Or they could move that mission to World Circuits, giving players an incentive to practice it I stead of Sarah popping up to say you just missed gold.
I say this because I do well at Spa in online races, much better than I should. That's just because I've logged so many hours on it. It helps that it's a great track. My first time out was the Divine Moves mission and I absolutely hated it.

Last edited:
I played it daily for almost two years and got at least two of each invite in that time.
So you've been lucky, some are still waiting for one or two, and have got many of the same.

But even, I don't consider normal that you have to play everyday for two years (or even one). Imagine if you play 2 or 3 other games? "Oh that's not an issue, you only need to play every game once per day"

Some of us work, have a family life and so on 😅

I always find it interesting how Kaz said he didn't want people to mechanically repeat the same events, yet he has had PD design many game mechanics (invite system, dealership rotation, Hagerty evaluation, etc.) which encourage doing just that.

Kaz also said we won't have to wait for GT7 until 2017. Honestly, who even still believes anything he says?

Amazingly that's how we wound up with his very game! At the World Tour when players brought their PSOne and PS2, he said he forgot how the first games were enjoyable. He said GT7 would be like those first games and still messed it up! ;)

Contrary to people accusing GT or those liking its quirks being 'too nostalgic' Kaz instead never looks back at all.

Whatever the solution would be, I would be strongly against anything that is not in my hands as a player. Collecting likes for shared scapes photos or styles - no thank you. Random lottery draws that are likely not going to happen within the next two years - no thank you. Making it a recurring part of weekly challenges awards - yes, that could work. Opening up invitations based on other (reachable) car purchases or driven hours/kilometres/miles - that could work too. Or, just admit that a video game is not "reality" and just get rid of the concept entirely. Thank you very much.

that GT and other grinding games
Its not only grinding games, but games in general.
Early players just have more chance to have glitches working in their favour, either to have a "huge competitve advantage" of any sort, or simply to beat the game in a much easier way than intended.

Back