Gran Turismo 7 Custom Race thread

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 2,163 comments
Yes so are livery creators. I bet there are way more liveries then custom events.
I'm sure one race built with those liveries and weather settings and race length and car settings would take up more space than liveries.
There's an article with the millions of liveries and hasn't broke the servers. I'd sure love to see the numbers if races were added to that.

Hm I wouldn't know about settings, but it can't be that much. It's just settings after all.

Adding liveries is true but those are already stored in the storefront anyway so wouldn't add a lot of extra.

Last edited:
So I intended to do a little work on the randomiser to add a few more cars and whatnot. And then I kept having ideas, and just sort of kept going all day. Then I took about 700 versions of the same Scape.

The end result? I'm proud to present the full v1.0 release of the Gran Turismo 7 Legacy Event Randomiser!

Features include:
  • 95% event coverage for all previous games in the series (except GT2): Basically, if it's not a one-make we don't have a car for, an endurance named for a track we don't have, or a pre-Sport rally event, you can probably generate it. GT2 isn't available yet - it having changing entry requirements across the same event is a unique challenge I need to figure out the best solution for. But all of GT1, GT3-6, and GT Sport are now supported.
  • Full support for all custom race-compatible cars: It won't generate an EV or the Himedic, and it won't generate the kart outside of the one specific GT6 kart one-make. But all of the other ~485 cars are in the pool and can be selected for events they fit the criteria for.
  • Both random and specific event selection available: Want a random event from the series' history? Want to pick a very specific event? Both options are now covered. The event selection is broken up by area so you can easily find, say, GT4 regional events at a glance.
  • Faithful mode: I originally envisaged this as "what if GT7 had events from previous games?". But I realised you could also look at it as "what if previous GTs had GT7's physics engine and grid size?". For that use case, I added faithful mode, a mode where if you generate, say, the GT Sport Roadster race, it'll only use the Roadsters that were in GT Sport (in that case the NA and ND S models but not the ND NR-A). Note that this can cause events to not generate if there aren't any cars from that game to use.
  • Multiple liveries, sometimes: This is limited by my credit balance and willingness to take Scapes over and over, as well as UCD/LCD rotations, but it makes races like the GT4 Copen Race or the kart one-make look nicer when the pictures aren't monochrome.
  • A small car information page for each car: It shows the information that is used to determine eligibility, so that you can see why, for example, certain surprising cars make it into the various Compact Car Series. Also, you can click between liveries, which I find strangely fun.
I hope people find it fun!

Known issues:
  • Track maps don't show for any track that doesn't currently have a World Circuits event. Sorry about that, I just don't have a way of making them. Nurburgring 24h is a notable one, since I couldn't avoid using it as it's in GT5 and GT6.
Oh my. This is really fun!

What logic is used to select the opposing grid - just the base vehicle characteristics? The McLaren F1 might be a tough opponent for my '94 Silvia in the GT1 Japan-Anglo championship. ;) Although I understand the GT7 car list doesn't always enable the most complete or sensible grids.

Would the stock PP Data for each car be of any use? Maybe use it with +/- 10% tolerance?
So cool, so helpful, so wonderful! Thank you for sharing.

If anyone else is planning a nostalgia cruise and wants an excel starter, I am keeping track on my phone with this spreadsheet.

View attachment 1352585
This is also genius and I will need to mimic this. Fun way to add depth to the game!

What logic is used to select the opposing grid - just the base vehicle characteristics? The McLaren F1 might be a tough opponent for my '94 Silvia in the GT1 Japan-Anglo championship. ;) Although I understand the GT7 car list doesn't always enable the most complete or sensible grids.
Right now there's two criteria - there's mandatory criteria (like being FR for an FR challenge event) and then there's a "power level" setting to, say, keep the Sunday Cup low-speed. Right now that setting is generally horsepower and sometimes weight based instead of PP, which is a good idea I'll take on board, but the bigger issue is that I just forgot to add the power level bit for a few events, including the three GT1 inter-regionals.

So yeah, expect the F1 to not generate there after the next time I work on it, thanks for the feedback! :)

Back