Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.41 Now Available: Fixes Custom Race Reward Glitch and Other Issues

• Thread starter Famine
  • 113 comments
Unfortunately, we knew this would come. To be honest, I thought it would come even earlier. Anyway, I have now approximately 39 Mio Cr. which might be enough all cars I want to have, except of the super overprized McLaren F1. But I still have some unfinished track experiences, time trial challenges etc. were I can make some money. And if this is still not good enough... I would still use some afk methods to grind in Daytona.

Iam just forced to run my PS4 longer, so thanks PD for more real world polution! :)

I really don't get what was wrong with the 1.40 payout system. The games been out for ages now so why hurt the players that are coming back on a regular basis still?
Grinding for cash is never fun but it was good to have an option for easier cash while you enjoyed the rest of the content in the game you know?
Basically the less pressure to earn cash means there's more reason to engage with the whole game rather than just the few races that earn you the best bang for your time buck!
I've been playing regularly since day one and haven't bought a single 20mil car yet and the races I normally do are the ones like the 30m Le Mans one and the Spa 1h as I know for the time I spend I'll get that bit closer to earning enough for those.

I really don't get what was wrong with the 1.40 payout system.
Ultimately it was an exploit, and (almost) nothing has changed aside from fixing the glitch that allowed the exploit.

The game calculated race difficulty - and rewards - from the base PP of the cars entered, so a race between hobbled 1100PP Tomahawks and a 550PP Abarth was calculated as 1300PP vs 150PP (give or take). That's been fixed so it uses the current PP instead; you can of course still absolutely destroy the Tomahawks with gearing as that doesn't affect PP.

It looks like ovals have had payouts nerfed a bit (lot) too, I guess to make AFK/wallgrinding methods less attractive.

Otherwise, the 1.40 system is unaffected. I reckon you'll still be able to get good money from gearing-screwed Tomahawks against something inordinately quick for its PP (probably old; Mazda RX500 maybe?) at about 300-400PP but not as much and not as low-effort or AFK.

I really don't get what was wrong with the 1.40 payout system. The games been out for ages now so why hurt the players that are coming back on a regular basis still?
Grinding for cash is never fun but it was good to have an option for easier cash while you enjoyed the rest of the content in the game you know?
Basically the less pressure to earn cash means there's more reason to engage with the whole game rather than just the few races that earn you the best bang for your time buck!
I've been playing regularly since day one and haven't bought a single 20mil car yet and the races I normally do are the ones like the 30m Le Mans one and the Spa 1h as I know for the time I spend I'll get that bit closer to earning enough for those.
Because the easier it is to make money in the game, the less likely one will be to buy microtransactions.

The original Gran Turismo's were all about the money grind... you had to redo events more often than not to buy upgrades for existing cars to make them good enough to win. Granted you got prize cars everytime you did a championship/race combo which helped... but the more modern gamer seems to be adverse to doing something more than once to achieve a goal. The only reason the current GT7 grind is solely money related is because they throw so many cars at you via the menu system there is often no real need to upgrade a certain car to do an event as you will most likely already have another one gifted to you that does the job.
How many damned Demios did us original lot have to sell in GT1 just to get anywhere?!

How many damned Demios did us original lot have to sell in GT1 just to get anywhere?!
None.

GT1 probably paid out the slowest of any GT game, but it also had the lowest-priced halo cars of any GT game, as well as the smallest car list - and around a third of the cars were prizes.

You could get through the whole thing in about 30hr, and if you wanted the most expensive cars in the game (500,000cr) it'd take you around an hour in the Normal Car Cup to earn the money to just... buy it. And from memory, I think, there were only six of them priced that high.

In GT7 you're lucky if you can do it in ten hours, as although the earning potential is about three times higher the halo cars' values are 40 times higher at 20,000,000cr; the patched PP glitch dropped that a lot but still to around four hours. And that's four hours of quite literally grinding a car round Daytona, rather than racing in an enjoyable race.

Again, there's currently six of these cars (I think; I forget), but you also have to wait for them to come up in Legends Cars... and there's over a dozen more that are well over even the exploit's hour - between six and 18 million, with prices for many rising too. Also only around a quarter of the car list is available as prizes.

For reference, the average (mean) car price in GT7 is twice the maximum car price in GT1.

It looks like ovals have had payouts nerfed a bit (lot) too, I guess to make AFK/wallgrinding methods less attractive.
I guess there must be some kinf of wrong translation between what Kaz is saying and what players are reading.
Removing options to not needing mechanically replaying a very few certain events certianly is absolutely in line with avoiding to creating a situation where a player must mechanically keep replaying certain events.
But as this is actually a bug fix, it had to be delivered anyway, yet still missing the fix to the situation he wanted to avoid to begin with.

Nevermind, did it actually help Sophy now pick "better" cars against a player, when the player is not driving a stock car?
I havent tried yet and cant do it for a while on my ends.

I guess there must be some kinf of wrong translation between what Kaz is saying and what players are reading.
Removing options to not needing mechanically replaying a very few certain events certianly is absolutely in line with avoiding to creating a situation where a player must mechanically keep replaying certain events.
But as this is actually a bug fix, it had to be delivered anyway, yet still missing the fix to the situation he wanted to avoid to begin with.

Nevermind, did it actually help Sophy now pick "better" cars against a player, when the player is not driving a stock car?
I havent tried yet and cant do it for a while on my ends.
From the "news and discussion thread"
I just quickly tested and the PP reading change does appear to allow Sophy to change cars to match your performance now - I entered a Sophy race in the engine swapped Cayman and Sophy was given hypercars (918, Chiron, Vulcan, Huayra) to race with instead of the more normal sports cars a stock Cayman gets matched with.

PD must have been really unhappy players were able to enjoy the game so they made a last minute patch instead of focusing on core issues, like how online races pay pennies and thats why people don't go online
That's not the reason I don't go online (anymore). Terrible driving standards, useless penalty system, boring race choices, PS Plus price increase - the in-game payouts is way down the list of reasons.

Like, why do you need 10 McLaren F1s?
It's not a case of "need" but of "want" - and I can see several cases where you might want 10 (or more) of the same car (particularly as the game doesn't let you select an alternate livery for multiple instances of a given car).

Of course even getting one is itself problematic, what with the four hours required even with this exploit to buy one when they become available every three months.

This is one thing I praised Forza Motorsport for particularly: if you want to tune, or paint, or even just drive a car you can do so at any time. There is no need to grind through the game to buy it before you can, they're available all the time; you only need to buy it if you want to own it and do the whole tedious levelling slog. It's also a bit of a shame they cocked up the community features for when it comes to sharing your tunes and paints.

If you take great joy in designing liveries for cars in GT, there's a 12-hour grind ahead of you for just one of the six 20m cars before you can paint it. Unless it's just gone out of stock, then it's a three-month wait.

Or why daily races finish in ~11 minutes and be forced to wait another 9 minutes for the next race.

When will Polyphony get the basics right?
Oh tell me about it ... not to mention that daily races pay so little it buys you 2 sets of tires. Why they can't just have a lobby load until it reaches half full before starting race is a huge oversight

I never understood the point of grinding. Like, why do you need 10 McLaren F1s?

I also never understood why PD can’t give the people what they have clearly been clamouring for since GT7 was released. Like, why can’t we have better payouts?

In the end, money ruins everything.
The grinding for 10 F1s is so you can sell them after a grind gets patched. The equivalent of money laundering 🤣

Or why daily races finish in ~11 minutes and be forced to wait another 9 minutes for the next race.

When will Polyphony get the basics right?
11 min is charitable. More like 7-8. Im a c/b racer and its been so long since race b has been remotely close to 15min.

I sometimes wonder if PD is acutely aware of what's happening with the game because there are a few longstanding issues that I have with the game.

• I'd wonder if they're aware that we hate the monetary system.
  • I'd wonder if they're aware that the FFB is mediocre at best.
  • Does PD realize that reprojection in PSVR2 is garbage and makes it visually unpleasing to watch replays? I'd wonder that too.
  • I'd wonder if PD realizes that we're clamoring for a timing chart in VR...
But then I see how quickly PD moves to force players (again) into microtransactions and realize that they're fully aware of the SOTG(state of the game) and that the things we want are very low on their priority list.

And before someone screams, "buh buh buh the last update was amazing!" #BillBurrVoice.... Some of what made that update great is how the darn game should have shipped! LOL. I'm not going to congratulate them for making the game less predatory LOLOLOL.

PD must have been really unhappy players were able to enjoy the game so they made a last minute patch instead of focusing on core issues, like how online races pay pennies and thats why people don't go online
I also don't go online these days, not necessarily because of the payouts. Mostly, it's the lack of race types/championships etc that I'm interested in. It's also more stressful racing against real and good drivers. And trust me, the racing up in A+/S is just as good/clean as iRacing.

I think, by keeping the payouts low for online, or at least lower than offline play, that keeps the online player base motivated specifically for online competitive play. Where as if they increased the payouts to more than offline, then you'd have a bunch of people, perhaps like those using these exploits, who are only motivated by money and therefore will be not so intent on good, quality racing. They'd only want 1st place and would do anything to get it. They'd probably enter a race, get a bad start and then immediately quit and go for the next race because they've calculated that its 15 seconds faster/per credit to do that then to participate in the whole race and get X amount of credits etc etc

🤷‍♂️

All I cared about was the Japanese cars. I already have them all from zero grinding, and just playing the game normally.
I still have 10 million credits remaining.

I guess you only need the money if your chasing after all the cars, or those super expensive 10+ million dollar cars.

If I ever really want to use the Mclaren F1, I can just use it in GT Sport. No way I'm grinding to 20 million for 1 car.

Ultimately it was an exploit, and (almost) nothing has changed aside from fixing the glitch that allowed the exploit.

The game calculated race difficulty - and rewards - from the base PP of the cars entered, so a race between hobbled 1100PP Tomahawks and a 550PP Abarth was calculated as 1300PP vs 150PP (give or take). That's been fixed so it uses the current PP instead; you can of course still absolutely destroy the Tomahawks with gearing as that doesn't affect PP.

Otherwise, the 1.40 system is unaffected. I reckon you'll still be able to get good money from gearing-screwed Tomahawks against something inordinately quick for its PP (probably old; Mazda RX500 maybe?) at about 300-400PP but not as much and not as low-effort or AFK.
the economy of the game, thats the exploit...

the economy of the game, thats the exploit...
A developer exploiting the player's greed for game progression by pushing microtransactions is nothing new.

It's like in a mobile game which is P2W, and some players fall for the MTX.

Last edited:
I never understood the point of grinding. Like, why do you need 10 McLaren F1s?
Who does this anyway??? Its sad I can't afford just one McLaren F1, but ok... its better than grinding for 20 Mio Cr. even if its afk.. my electricity is more worth than this!

The grinding for 10 F1s is so you can sell them after a grind gets patched. The equivalent of money laundering 🤣
That doesn't make sense?! So when you have the money for 10 F1 = 200 Mio. Cr.... Ok... I see.. you can "only" have 100 Mio. but than...buy 5 F1 and 100 Mio. in cash would do the same.

Anyway... if PD would not be so avaricious, and would give us for a 15-30 min. (offline) race a good payout like... 3-5 Mio., people would not look for weird grinding methods and Kaz would be happy that we really "play" the game and not just grind.

You could get through the whole thing in about 30hr, and if you wanted the most expensive cars in the game (500,000cr) it'd take you around an hour in the Normal Car Cup to earn the money to just... buy it. And from memory, I think, there were only six of them priced that high.

I think it's worth mentioning that the first GT had cars that were locked behind a skill wall, I can't really recall, but I don't think I ever got the Nismo 400R in the first game. At least GT7 doesn't do that.

Back