Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,561 comments
So, what engines go to these cars?

5. GT Auto
 - Car Maintenance & Service
  Engine Swaps are now available for the following cars (unlocked at Collector Level 50):
   ・Bugatti Veyron Gr.4
   ・Chevrolet Corvette (C1) '58
   ・Chevrolet Corvette Sting Ray Sport Coupé (C2) '63
   ・Honda NSX Gr.4
   ・Lexus LC500 '17

Really mediocre engine swap patch unfortunately... No good fuel efficient engine swaps.. its one of the last things im looking forward to every month because cara are also really mediocre lately. So hopefully they are full focus on gt8 then.

Bugatti Veyron with LS is weird
Thinking the same. On the other hand, the Gr. 4 Veyron lugging around a de-tuned W16 quad turbo engine doesn't make much sense. Given that many engine swaps show better fuel economy, this swap could potentially make the Gr. 4 Veyron lighter and more fuel efficient.

EDIT:
The swap makes the Veyron 115 kgs lighter. Not bad.

Last edited:
The NSX Gr.4 swap also poses a question. There's no Gr.4 races in Manufacturers this year, but is there a mechanism to protect the contracted NSX Gr.4 from being engine swapped?

EDIT: GT2/GT3 League does have Gr.4 races.

Last edited:
There's no Gr.4 races in Manufacturers this year
With these 2 Gr.4 cars now being the first Gr.* cars with engine swaps ....
If you engine swap the NSX and try to create a custom race, you cant enable BoP anymore.
So as the Gr.4 races would be BoP enabled anyway, you wouldnt be able to enter with a swap engine car - or it would be reverted temporarily.

Its all for the "all goes" events, which dont exist in Sport mode.

Didnt catch this one when I was having a quick look at the list in post1.
Thanks.
There was a Gr.4 Time Trial at Watkins Glenn ages ago. I had to buy a new S15 (or rent one) in order to enter that event because I had swapped my then only one.

BoP probably sees widebody and swapped cars as different/separate vehicles from the originals.

Okay, 5 more swaps to do. I think I have a little over half of them done. Maybe 60% done. I’m spending more time doing swaps and finding liveries than actually racing.

Edit: Looking over the list and crossing off which ones I can remember, I've done well over 60 swaps. Probably more like 70+ at this point. I can't remember which GT-R swaps I've done, but I've probably done 5 or more. There are some older cars I've swapped as well that I can't remember which was which. But 5 more now... I really need to start racing more to earn more credits.

Last edited:
I did still have a spare engine from the D1GP-spec BRZ laying around, so I suppose I’m glad we have all these additional options. That said, I can’t help but to be tempted to stick the spare I had into an R35 GT-R, especially with its AWD.

I did still have a spare engine from the D1GP-spec BRZ laying around, so I suppose I’m glad we have all these additional options. That said, I can’t help but to be tempted to stick the spare I had into an R35 GT-R, especially with its AWD.
The Veyron Gr.4 is 4wd

Tried the Lexus with the BRZ engine, max tuned at over 1,200hp, at the SSRX race (Clubman+ I think?) and it's pretty rapid! I narrowly missed out on a win the first time round, then nudged the gearbox a notch and won the second time. With some better g'box tuning this thing would definitely eat the field.

EDIT: Now I just need to work out what to do with my other nine BRZ engines...

Last edited:
Thinking the same. On the other hand, the Gr. 4 Veyron lugging around a de-tuned W16 quad turbo engine doesn't make much sense. Given that many engine swaps show better fuel economy, this swap could potentially make the Gr. 4 Veyron lighter and more fuel efficient.

EDIT:
The swap makes the Veyron 115 kgs lighter. Not bad.
Yeah, following up on the Veyron since I swapped mine and did the 700 PP Le Mans 30 mins race:
  • To get down to 700 PP with racing hard tires, I had to set the ECU to the minimum (70) and the engine air restrictor to something like 93. Maximum downforce at the front (200), something like 310 at the rear to push the PP just below 700. The resulting power was something in the 400-500kW-range.
  • Fuel efficiency with the LS engine is okay-ish, but nothing to write home about. With fuel map 6 (lowest setting) you can do 3 laps without breaking a sweat if you shift early. That said, even with that fuel map and shifting early you out-accelerate everything else quite comfortably, so power is not an issue.
  • The weight may be lower, but with the LS engine, the Veyron still weighs 1535 kgs. I'm sure that difference would be noticeable back-to-back, but in this race, I can't say I found the car to feel lighter than I would expect.
  • I confirm that the engine swap disqualifies the car for any Gr. 4-only race.

Last edited:
Yeah, following up on the Veyron since I swapped mine and did the 700 PP Le Mans 30 mins race:
  • To get down to 700 PP with racing hard tires, I had to set the ECU to the minimum (70) and the engine air restrictor to something like 93. Maximum downforce at the front (200), something like 310 at the rear to push the PP just below 700. The resulting power was something in the 400-500kW-range.
  • Fuel efficiency with the LS engine is okay-ish, but nothing to write home about. With fuel map 6 (lowest setting) you can do 3 laps without breaking a sweat if you shift early. That said, even with that fuel map and shifting early you out-accelerate everything else quite comfortably, so power is not an issue.
  • The weight may be lower, but with the LS engine, the Veyron still weighs 1535 kgs. I'm sure that difference would be noticeable back-to-back, but in this race, I can't say I found the car to feel lighter than I would expect.
  • I confirm that the engine swap disqualifies the car for any Gr. 4-only race.
Does the swap allow torque distribution?

Back