Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,489 comments
Totally unrelated, but with the addition of the Chevy SS this part of my collection is now in GT7 :cheers:
eHVdNMa.jpeg

I wonder what cars the staff of PD will include in the next update. I guess I'll get my popcorn and stay tuned. There will probably be some new campaign events, and some bug fixes.

I wonder what cars the staff of PD will include in the next update. I guess I'll get my popcorn and stay tuned.

It's broken record time again, because three new events does not make for a great update. Heck, it doesn't even make for a good update.

New cars don't interest me if we're only given (not even) a handful of events to use them in.

Your career mode is supposed to take advantage of all the cars you have in the game. There's so many cars which don't have a use case and it's baffling.

Yeah, it's trite to complain about free updates, but there's so much potential it feels like a deliberate choice to act the way that they do. Also, it doesn't help the frustration that for as much complaining as people do, it all falls on deaf ears at PD.

These updates are getting increasingly unappealing, where I wonder at this point if PD even has a marketing director or the update cars are decided by pure chance. This uncohesive randomness doesn't make any sense to me anymore. Heck, at this point I'd even be excited about a wholly EV or even VGT themed update, but no, let's just put a classic muscle car in there for diversity...

I don't know about anyone else, but how cool would a classic muscle car dlc pack be? Add in a drag strip and lobby and there'd be a lot of people very excited. Switch this up every month with themed updates for the drifting community, jdm fanboys, german cars, classics, Pikes Peak cars+track, trucks/pickups paired with a new offroad track or whatever as long as it's a theme and watch how this pulls in different target groups instead of confusing your die hard fans with monthly blandness and disappoimtments.

It's broken record time again, because three new events does not make for a great update. Heck, it doesn't even make for a good update.

New cars don't interest me if we're only given (not even) a handful of events to use them in.

Your career mode is supposed to take advantage of all the cars you have in the game. There's so many cars which don't have a use case and it's baffling.

Yeah, it's trite to complain about free updates, but there's so much potential it feels like a deliberate choice to act the way that they do. Also, it doesn't help the frustration that for as much complaining as people do, it all falls on deaf ears at PD.

Given that pretty much every update follows the same pattern, it’s all on you (and the other complainers) for hyping up the FREE monthly updates.

There is plenty of use for all cars in the game - it’s called custom races! There is also the livery editor and also scapes which you can use any car in. Yes I know the livery editor and scapes aren’t racing, but some people on here spend an absolute age creating masterpiece liveries and then showcase them with beautiful photos!

5. GT Auto
 - Car Maintenance & Service
  Engine Swaps have been added for the following cars (Unlocked at Collector Level 50):
   ・Bugatti Veyron Gr.4 Gr.4
   ・Chevrolet Corvette (C1) '58
   ・Chevrolet Corvette Sting Ray Sport Coupé (C2) '63
   ・Honda NSX Gr.4
   ・Lexus LC500 '17

6. Scapes

- 'San Diego' has been added as a featured Curation in Scapes.

7. Controller
 - Added support for the following racing wheel controller.
  ・FANATEC® Gran Turismo DD Extreme

The button settings can be configured from 'Options' > 'Controllers' > 'Fanatec® GT DD Pro / Extreme.'

8. Localisation

- Fixed various text localisation issues.

9. Others
 - Various other issues have been addressed.

Last edited:
I hope we can bring back Bugatti gr4 back to it’s 1000 hp mark :D
I guess players can make some high horsepower drift cars that have the race car stability over built road cars? Plus the nice stance and wheel/tyre fitment?

I predict inflated expectations followed by exaggerated disappointment.

These updates are getting increasingly unappealing, where I wonder at this point if PD even has a marketing director or the update cars are decided by pure chance. This uncohesive randomness doesn't make any sense to me anymore. Heck, at this point I'd even be excited about a wholly EV or even VGT themed update, but no, let's just put a classic muscle car in there for diversity...

I don't know about anyone else, but how cool would a classic muscle car dlc pack be? Add in a drag strip and lobby and there'd be a lot of people very excited. Switch this up every month with themed updates for the drifting community, jdm fanboys, german cars, classics, Pikes Peak cars+track, trucks/pickups paired with a new offroad track or whatever as long as it's a theme and watch how this pulls in different target groups instead of confusing your die hard fans with monthly blandness and disappoimtments.
QED

The Afeela's specs are apparently classified (and don't even think about tuning it), but it'll do 0-60 in about 4.5 seconds, the quarter mile in 12.6, and top out at 145. Handling is pleasantly neutral (not a characteristic I would expect in any production car) but the braking leaves something to be desired.

Looking forward to the DD extreme impressions.

I will finally be able to make the decision between the DD and the G Pro.

Other than that nothing in this update for me personally.

The Afeela's specs are apparently classified (and don't even think about tuning it), but it'll do 0-60 in about 4.5 seconds, the quarter mile in 12.6, and top out at 145. Handling is pleasantly neutral (not a characteristic I would expect in any production car) but the braking leaves something to be desired.
The Afeela reportedly had up to 483hp (360kW) from two 180kW motors, but the weight is currently unknown at this point.

Especially when all 3 events combined only add up to 11 laps worth of racing...
At this point I have completely given up on single player as the 90% of the races are ridiculously short, simple, boring and unimaginative.
They have the template for something much, much better right there, with the Clubman Cup Plus and GT Cup races, but refuse to use it...

Latest Posts

Back