Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,452 comments
I heard you guys don't like VGTs so here's my 6* ticket from the Ferrari Menu:
VWnfXqS.png

And my daily ticket:
wNDXIxL.png

I think PD is trying to tell me something...
I didn't think Ferrari made VGT cars. Wow, I must be lost somewhere. Incredible ticket though and what you won. I got a Porsche VGT on a 5-star ticket a few weeks ago.

Last edited:
I tried the WC event at Alsace using the AFEELA...

I wonder if it's called AFEELA in the same way that A is added to 'theist' to make 'Atheist', implying 'non' as in this is a non-feeling car? Driving it is a thoroughly uninspiring and boring experience - it's like a night out with me. The AFEELA is never likely to make it into anyone's top 10 favourite cars, and even though it's FREE in GT7, having more than one seems like a waste of controller battery power to take more than one. It's also a remarkably unattractive vehicle, so much so that I wouldn't be surprised if Kevin Bloody Wilson wrote a song about it... if he hasn't done so already.
I won’t even park it in my garage for free. Blech.

I didn't think Ferrari made VGT cars. Wow, I must be lost somewhere.
I think you're lost in early 2022, as Ferrari revealed it at the GT World Finals in Monaco that year. I was, as usual, sitting right next to it at the time...

It was also delivered to viewers, for free, two weeks later:

For as much as the Afeela doesn't play towards everyone's tastes, it's up to PD to make a set of events catered to it (and indeed every class and sub group of car)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe there are any 'All EV' events right? Outside of the Special Events for the Tesla Model 3 which went away after a week.

Even if it's a series of one make races, (or whisper it, championships) or events where you had to consider range and employ lift and coast in order to make it, there's so much you can do with GT7 as a platform.

You spend all this time, money and resources on beautifully modelling cars and then what feels like an afterthought for how they might be used in game.

Of course it doesn't prevent from you using them in other events against ICE powered cars, but in many ways, we shouldn't have to make our own fun with a game, just because they can't be bothered to make compelling reasons to include cars like this.

Some more files are being released from the Imnsomniac data breach.
In an Excel table with data on games downloads on the PSN (does not include data on physical sales), as of June 2023 GT7 was the 9th SONY game that had generated the most revenue with about 142 million dollars and 2.19 millions of downloads.
GT Sport was in 11th position with 102 million dollars and 4.32 million downloads (many downloads were made at bargain prices and that is why the data disparity exists).
GT7 is placed above the PS4 versions of the Last of Us and Uncharted 4.

Link

Last edited:
Do we know the official reason why PD disabled H-shifters in Sport Mode? I saw some people saying it's because you can skip gears whereas you cannot if you lack a shifter.

Wouldn't it make more sense to disable the ability to shift multiple gears at once in that case? It's not the end of the world not being able to use the shifter, but it definitely is a bummer.

Do we know the official reason why PD disabled H-shifters in Sport Mode? I saw some people saying it's because you can skip gears whereas you cannot if you lack a shifter.

Wouldn't it make more sense to disable the ability to shift multiple gears at once in that case? It's not the end of the world not being able to use the shifter, but it definitely is a bummer.
People were cheating by using a combination of paddles and shifters to do impossibly fast gear changes or some such. It started in GT Sport and the outright ban on shifters was the solution there and it has carried over to GT7 from there.

I’ve thought about potential solutions to this, but it’s kind of a difficult problem to solve really.

One way might be if the car has the fully customisable manual transmission installed it disables the paddles, and conversely having the racing transmission installed disables the shifter, and then you choose which one you go with when you’re setting your race up.

Last edited:
Some more files are being released from the Imnsomniac data breach.
In an Excel table with data on games downloads on the PSN (does not include data on physical sales), as of June 2023 GT7 was the 9th SONY game that had generated the most revenue with about 142 million dollars and 2.19 millions of downloads.
GT Sport was in 11th position with 102 million dollars and 4.32 million downloads (many downloads were made at bargain prices and that is why the data disparity exists).
GT7 is placed above the PS4 versions of the Last of Us and Uncharted 4.

Link
Worth noting from the same leak GT7's pre-order digital percentage was 37%. Assuming that share continued until June '23 total sales would be approx 6.5m-7m.

Almost a year on from this date GT7 is still retailing at close to full RRP and charting well. Whenever there's a PSN sale I see it crop up in the top 10 Best Sellers for my region (UK). With the (expected) upcoming PS5 Pro update and future budget pricing sales legs should be strong.

I didn't think Ferrari made VGT cars. Wow, I must be lost somewhere. Incredible ticket though and what you won. I got a Porsche VGT on a 5-star ticket a few weeks ago.
He did not say anything about Ferrari VGT. I think you misred the post.

Last edited:
For what it's worth, it was about a month ago, but for my birthday week, I got a Genesis VGT, which is great since I didn't have one already. But even if I did, I could sell it - or any other spare VGT - for about 500k credits, which would've also been great.

If my custom made helmet and outfit aren't ridiculous... I don't know what to say. 🤣 🤣 🤣
Gamer Jean Profile - gran-turismo.com - Brave 2024-05-01 3_13_39 AM.png

Last edited:
I expect two new circuits, Silverstone and Monaco, and 6 new cars, among which the Bentley and Audi R8 le mans winners :dopey:
Don't forget to doompost violently after the released fix, threatening PD, saying blatant lies how the game is completely dead and is the biggest failure of all time, and how Kazunori Yamauchi is the devil himself coming to kill us all, over an update that was never promised

Also don't forget the obligatory VGT hate in every second sentence

Don't forget to doompost violently after the released fix, threatening PD, saying blatant lies how the game is completely dead and is the biggest failure of all time, and how Kazunori Yamauchi is the devil himself coming to kill us all, over an update that was never promised

Also don't forget the obligatory VGT hate in every second sentence
ALL that would change if they just extended the Custom Race option to allow as all to make our very own Tournaments choosing tracks, cars from our garage, point allocation for winning/fastest lap etc etc .................its been said before by many, but id thought id bang the drum once more 🌝

I expect two new circuits, Silverstone and Monaco, and 6 new cars, among which the Bentley and Audi R8 le mans winners :dopey:
:lol:.............Hey Box, was it buy 1 get 1 free at the local hash shop ?

ALL that would change if they just extended the Custom Race option to allow as all to make our very own Tournaments choosing tracks, cars from our garage, point allocation for winning/fastest lap etc etc .................its been said before by many, but id thought id bang the drum once more 🌝
They actually already allow us to do that, but we have to keep track of the points and and those things ourselves... ;)

For me it is far more problematic, that we can't choose the tyres for the other cars in the grid ourselves!

They actually already allow us to do that, but we have to keep track of the points and and those things ourselves... ;)

For me it is far more problematic, that we can't choose the tyres for the other cars in the grid ourselves!
I assume you mean pen & paper ?

Bat i want it all mate !....full-on in-house tournaments with tables - driver standings - naming of the tournament etc etc & if that wasn't enough i want to save it as a tournament .............yep maybe 10 -15 races

oh nearly forgot,.......... they also need to double at least, the livery allowance

edit - Id like to make my own Ad hoardings round the track too

Last edited:
I assume you mean pen & paper ?

Bat i want it all mate !....full-on in-house tournaments with tables - driver standings - naming of the tournament etc etc & if that wasn't enough i want to save it as a tournament .............yep maybe 10 -15 races

oh nearly forgot,.......... they also need to double at least, the livery allowance

edit - Id like to make my own Ad hoardings round the track too
Yes, pen & paper...

It is a pain in the ass, but at least that gives me the full freedom how to set up a championship, how the points are spread, how long the races are and whatever other optional rules are applied.

If they give us the full-on in-house tournaments, I am afraid we get something half baked and point-spread, rules and regulations will be pre-set and not optional enough to really make me happy.
It will be very hard to satisfy and fulfill everybodies needs and expectations...

But on the other hand that pen & paper approach can be very tiresome and time consuming and takes away some ammount of fun...

If they gave us the options that we have in custom lobbies for race settings and remove the silly rubber banding and throttle bug I would never complain about any GT7 feature or update ever again.

Last edited:
Back