Gran Turismo 7 Livery Editor - General Discussion Thread

1000164059.jpg

Can someone make a 'simple' Honda/Acura Dualnote/DN-X concept version of Honda NSX Gr.B rally car?
Something Like this? The Grey parts are Aluminium metallic and Shine really cool in the sun !

Guys help, I did a livery this afternoon and now that I check, is gone to a previous state, but in the preview before loading it it looks just like when I finished it.

What's happening? 😓

Guys help, I did a livery this afternoon and now that I check, is gone to a previous state, but in the preview before loading it it looks just like when I finished it.

What's happening? 😓
That's a new one! I've only ever had it where the livery is bugged and it won't load at all. Have you had any resolve on this since Monday??

That's a new one! I've only ever had it where the livery is bugged and it won't load at all. Have you had any resolve on this since Monday??
Sadly, nope, it's bugged and I cannot do anything to retrieve it 😑 So I just did another stuff.

I'm doing my first liveries and weirdly, I'm missing the system that Forza has in the editor, I'd like to group vinyls, or at least having the parts of the cars separated (like rear bumper, left side...) just for the sake of having tidy space to work.

But overall, I really like this editor, minus this bug lol

Sadly, nope, it's bugged and I cannot do anything to retrieve it 😑 So I just did another stuff.

I'm doing my first liveries and weirdly, I'm missing the system that Forza has in the editor, I'd like to group vinyls, or at least having the parts of the cars separated (like rear bumper, left side...) just for the sake of having tidy space to work.

But overall, I really like this editor, minus this bug lol
Yep, that's something you'll get used to. It's a lot more manual than other games! But you can still achieve some pretty impressive results!!

What's happening? 😓
When the "Overwrite" or "Save As" design rendering gets stuck and I have to exit to start GT7 again, I've noticed that the small livery thumb in Design List looks always like the very last save, as if it had been successful, though it had not. Consequently, after loading it, I always get the previous save. I guess maybe you didn't wait for - or notice that - the rendering was actually "Done 100 %".

Been a while since i painted some cars, but with the Evo IX i just had to make some cars.
Still a WIP, this is a lot of tracing lol.

3ce88bdd2060917015d387fef43ad1a3_photo.webp

Also, dont know whats wrong with the quality lol. I moved my PS5 from my LG OLED to a 27 inch monitor but pics look horrible?
What is your image quality set to in game? Make sure it's set to high resolution. Is this a screenshot or shared Scapes pic? That makes a difference too, I believe!

Ingame it looks way better, its a 4K 120hz monitor so nothing wrong with that. Its a shared Scapes pic.
Do you see the difference in the whole image, or only certain areas? Do other cars or different scapes backgrounds show the same difference in quality, or has this only occured with this specific photo?

I've noticed some quality loss especially in the reds way back in GT4, as well as other games. While it's not so apparent anymore, red still looks dirtier than any other color. Also working in ad design I've seen noise especially in red when compressing to smaller file size or lower bit depth.

This shot looks fine at first glance for example.
6206527716349444100_0.jpg

Zoomed in the red looks more compressed/dirtier.
Screenshot_20240513-160629_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240513-160617_Chrome.jpg

Here's an interesting thread on this topic:

Last edited:
Is this a screenshot or shared Scapes pic? That makes a difference too, I believe!
I can confirm that photos shared onto the GT7 website or exported to the PS Gallery have a much lower quality, losing a lot of colour and contrast. Check my post in the bug report thread for a direct comparison.
Photos exported via the Showcase > My Items menu are of notably lower quality than what a screenshot would produce, having less vivid colours and reduced contrast. This glitch also affects photos shared onto the Gran Turismo 7 website.

Export/Website Version:

full

(Link to photo on GT7 website)
#shizuoka #fd3s

Screenshot Version:

full

I am playing on a PS5 on Performance Mode, with Ray Tracing enabled in photo mode.
Screenshots will have a tiny copyright message on the bottom right of the screen, while exported/shared photos will have the GT watermark on the bottom left. If you screenshot a photo immediately after rendering it in photomode, you get both :lol:

Almost finished with this one, thanks to @Gingerale pointing me to the last two missing sponsor decals. Was ready to give up on this livery as there is still a lot to do and missing vital info really bummed me out. Uploaded a WIP version to at least throw something out there.

Freshly motivated, I went on to complete the roof last night and drew up the missing two on the door as well as three additional behind the rear wheels that I haven't got around to finishing before.

Now all I need is to fix little things, add some details, add over fenders and replace the side background graphics. Slapped on the latter as one big decal making it render quite fuzzy :/

20829993589085986.jpg

Last edited:
Back