Gran Turismo 7 Undocumented Changes Thread (Update 1.46)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 32 comments

RACECAR

Owner/Promoter/Organizer/Driver/ETC
Premium
United States
Addison,Texas
GTP_RACECAR
Gran Turismo 7 Thread Logo.png

Based on the original thread format by @Johnnypenso

For every update released, there is the potential for changes not listed in the initial patch notes. Please report any undocumented changes you find in the current update and I'll update the OP as much as possible to reflect those changes found.

1. It is encouraged that you make an effort in verifying these changes as much as possible, either through videos or images.
2. If you need help from the community to verify something, don't be afraid to ask.
3. It is strongly advised that you be as specific and detailed as possible with the information including a brief description of the bug or improvement before it was fixed/changed (if applicable) and how. If English is not your first language that's ok, just do it to the best of your ability.

THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE OFFICIAL CHANGES Only any changes not listed on the official site are discussed here
THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE PROS AND CONS OF THE UPDATE or anything else other than undocumented changes in the update. Keep those strictly to the appropriate threads:

Thread Icons (Discussion).png
Thread Icons (Bugs & Glitches).png
Thread Icons (News Section).png
Thread Icons (Physics).png
Thread Icons (Engines).png

Update (1.46)​

Documented Changes

1. Cars
 - The following three new cars join the lineup:
  ・AFEELA Prototype 2024
  ・Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 Sport Coupé '70 (Sold at the "Legend Cars" dealership)
  ・Škoda Vision Gran Turismo

2. World Circuits
 - These new events are now part of World Circuits:
  ・Vision Gran Turismo Trophy
   - Grand Valley - Highway 1
  ・American FR Challenge 550
   - Trial Mountain Circuit Reverse
  ・Japanese Clubman Cup 550
   - Alsace Village Reverse

3. Café
 - The following Extra Menu has been added:
  ・Extra Menu No.38: Collection: Ferrari 12-Cylinder Engines (Collector Level 38 and above).

- There are also new sets of conversations with the Car Designers and Characters appearing in the Café. These new conversations can be accessed by changing to the following cars in Garage and speaking with the characters in the Café:

CAR DESIGNERS
  - Ed Welburn
  ・Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 Sport Coupé '70

- Freeman Thomas
   ・Volkswagen Beetle Gr.3

- Hideo Kodama
   ・Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione '08
   ・Aston Martin DB3S '53

- Tom Matano
   ・Toyota Supra 3.0GT Turbo A '88

4. Brand Central
 - The following brands have been added to the Museum:
  ・AFEELA (Japan)
  ・Škoda (Czech Republic)

5. GT Auto
 - Car Maintenance & Service
  Engine Swaps are now available for the following cars (unlocked at Collector Level 50):
   ・Bugatti Veyron Gr.4
   ・Chevrolet Corvette (C1) '58
   ・Chevrolet Corvette Sting Ray Sport Coupé (C2) '63
   ・Honda NSX Gr.4
   ・Lexus LC500 '17

6. Scapes
 - "San Diego" has been added as a featured Curation in Scapes.

7. Controller

- A new support is now part of the following race wheel controller.
  ・FANATEC® Gran Turismo DD Extreme

The button settings can be configured from Options > Controllers > Fanatec® GT DD Pro / Extreme.

8. Localization
 - Various text localization issues have been updated.

Undocumented Changes

Update is here (As is that new car from a Czech car company). As per usual, Post anything that has not been documented in the patch notes (please read those to make sure you are not posting something already officially posted). Remember to post discussions, game bugs, news, physics changes or new engine swaps to the following threads in the OP:

1714028458373.png

And now, you may post.

New Colors

Mitsubishi
  • Red Solid
  • Medium Purplish Gray Mica
  • Cool Silver Metallic

Renault
  • Rouge
  • Torquoise
  • Bleu Versailles
  • Grege
  • Gris
  • Blanc Panda

Audi
  • Imola Yellow
  • Deep Sea Blue Pearl Effect
  • Meteor Grey Pearl Effect
  • Condor Grey Metallic
  • Sahara Silver Metallic

Genesis
  • Magma

Suzuki
  • Kinetic Yellow
  • Brisc Blue Metallic
  • Jungle Green
  • Chiffon Ivory Metallic
  • Medium Gray

New Colors

Mitsubishi
  • Red Solid
  • Medium Purplish Gray Mica
  • Cool Silver Metallic

Renault
  • Rouge
  • Torquoise
  • Bleu Versailles
  • Grege
  • Gris
  • Blanc Panda

Audi
  • Imola Yellow
  • Deep Sea Blue Pearl Effect
  • Meteor Grey Pearl Effect
  • Condor Grey Metallic
  • Sahara Silver Metallic

Genesis
  • Magma

Suzuki
  • Kinetic Yellow
  • Brisc Blue Metallic
  • Jungle Green
  • Chiffon Ivory Metallic
  • Medium Gray
Those were added in the 1.44

Since the specs of the Afeela are not listed ... it has 482hp and is heavier than 2000kg. Since the restrictions in a lobby don't allow for a higher minimum weight, I couldn't think of a way to test out the exact weight.

Since the specs of the Afeela are not listed ... it has 482hp and is heavier than 2000kg. Since the restrictions in a lobby don't allow for a higher minimum weight, I couldn't think of a way to test out the exact weight.
Is it possible to calculate a rolling resistance/speed from a fixed weight vehicle down a hill after handbrake released then time it to reach a certain marker, then change weights to get a formula. Then apply that to the time the Afeela makes on a roll? Just thinking out loud.

I don't know if this was always a thing before but whenever I go to make a custom lobby, and in an EV car, such as the new Afeela, Porsche Taycan, Tesla, etc., it defaults to a One-Make only option. Is this new?

Does the Afeela display in Used Car valuation?
They really should allow people to discard the Freebie cars for free. Stupid to force people to keep them. Same goes for the pre-order cars. I get sick of looking at them in my garage. Yes, you can fav everything else but those and sort by favs only, but my OCD says no to that.

Now it has a lower rear ride height by default, causing its stock PP changed from 590.98 from 586.79.
Might just be a recalculation by any other metric.
Ride height is not a direct part of PP anymore, as suspension setups dont affect it for quite some time now.

Might just be a recalculation by any other metric.
Ride height is not a direct part of PP anymore, as suspension setups dont affect it for quite some time now.
That is if the car had aftermarket suspensions.
The default ride height still affects the PP calculation.
Also in this case, the figure shown in the setting screen remains the same as before, 115 mm : 115 mm.

They really should allow people to discard the Freebie cars for free. Stupid to force people to keep them. Same goes for the pre-order cars. I get sick of looking at them in my garage. Yes, you can fav everything else but those and sort by favs only, but my OCD says no to that.
Which you can do...unless it's the only example you own. The pre-order cars, on the other hand, are considered "DLC" cars that you can't get rid of by any means.

Which you can do...unless it's the only example you own. The pre-order cars, on the other hand, are considered "DLC" cars that you can't get rid of by any means.
Well yes, that's what I meant when I said that. You should be able to discard your only example.

PP levels of cars change sometimes in updates but annoyingly they only change when you select the car and go into the settings menu. Does anyone know how to update the new PP levels all at once?

I highly doubt it has anything to do with updates. PD can change the dealer rotation as they please without patches. They most likely did it for the upcoming Nations race on Wednesday
Can you recall PD making a documented change in offering the weekly and nations cars in the corresponding dealerships? I think Roberthammer mentioned complaints by players about Sport Mode races not having certain cars available. I no longer do Sport Mode races so not sure if certain cars are available to rent.

I know PD can change what they do, but they recently started making certain cars available like the Plymouth Superbird for the Special Event weekly races. That was during the previous update. I can’t recall if PD were doing that when they first introduced Weekly Races. Now the Civic TC is a Special Pick with the two other Civic Type R when the Civic TC was just available last week.

Seems like a change to me. A change that I can’t recall is not documented anywhere. Unless I missed someone posting about it.

Can you recall PD making a documented change in offering the weekly and nations cars in the corresponding dealerships? I think Roberthammer mentioned complaints by players about Sport Mode races not having certain cars available. I no longer do Sport Mode races so not sure if certain cars are available to rent.

I know PD can change what they do, but they recently started making certain cars available like the Plymouth Superbird for the Special Event weekly races. That was during the previous update. I can’t recall if PD were doing that when they first introduced Weekly Races. Now the Civic TC is a Special Pick with the two other Civic Type R when the Civic TC was just available last week.

Seems like a change to me. A change that I can’t recall is not documented anywhere. Unless I missed someone posting about it.
Even if they do, they actually don't need to update the game to make that change so it would never count as a documented change in an update anyway.

Feels like something more „standard” is coming from Skoda :D
Or it is simply a rule that auomatically includes all brands that are designated "europe" in the same way as other race events allow for all cars that are designated "road car".

Back