Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.44 Now Available, Adds Toyota GT-One, Lamborghini Urus, Audi R8

• Thread starter Famine
  • 889 comments
Both solutions don't have to exclude each other.
They could add other hashtags to cars while keeping the group categories.

They've kind of done it already when we had group C daily races for example. If they added the group c hashtag then one could create a lobby for gr1 or for group C, whatever one wants. Same goes for a GT3 hashtag that could be implemented without getting rid of the Gr3 "cross-pollination". It would just give more options to quickly create more diverse lobbies and custom races.
This. The cars wouldn't be limited to their class, you'd just have the option to select - insert class here - for lobbies, custom races, etc etc

My point is I think GT hasn't expanded on this because it would highlight holes in the car list.

Last edited:
This. The cars wouldn't be limited to their class, you'd just have the option to select - insert class here - for lobbies, custom races, etc etc

My point is I think GT hasn't expanded on this because it would highlight holes in the car list.
Ah, okay, this is a perfectly fair take. I think I was a bit strong in my reply considering, apologies for that.

I think the old 2007 Audi R8 is more enjoyable than the 2016 model. The “new” one feels like it’s all about speed and less about rewarding driving dynamics. Contender for worst supercar in the game, in my opinion. I should probably have seen it coming as I also find the Lamborghini Huracán rather boring, but at least that one feels more refined.

Last edited:
I wish the new Le Mans race had a heavier shortcut penalty and mechanical damage, too easy as it is. And it doesn't hit nighttime really, oh well.

I agree. It’s more of a Petite Le Mans Race, starting early in the morning.

Here’s hoping there’s a multi class 24h cycle race incoming soon
I need these events:

Gr.1 race on le mans 1 hours with 24h cycle
WTC 800 (gr.3) and 900 (gr.2) on nurburgring 24h 10 laps with 24h cycle
WTC 800 on bathurst 1 hours daybreak until sunset

All race payout should be 1.000.000 credits like spa WTC 800

Why PD still doesn't add these kind of race now? Maybe licensing issue with similiar endurance game like the le mans game on pc?

I need these events:

Why PD still doesn't add these kind of race now? Maybe licensing issue with similiar endurance game like the le mans game on pc?
There's not going to be licensing issues with making races lol. I feel like people see it as an all-explaining Boogeyman of GT but it's just them making bad design decisions.

There would be licensing concerns with them naming the event after the real one.. but just making one vaguely similar to it? No chance. What you suggested aren't even realistically close to the real events anyway, so doubly no chance.

I need these events:

Yeah I'm not doing that race if the pay is less then 2.5M with CRB.

That race would take over 1 hour.

I need these events:

24 hour cycle in 1 hour and 10 laps? No, do 24 actual hours!

Of course I had to do a Minolta livery on this bad boy. Tried to imagine how it would look like back in '99 with an exclusive design instead of copy pasting the 88C livery.

20970220481326837.jpg

And Forza with it’s FOMO career mode approach will never get to this point…
I think you're forgetting that since Spec II GT has also had FOMO events, and locks half it's car list behind FOMO.

Forza's events last for a month and iirc they're now looking at adding permanent events.

That's before you get to the fact that you don't have the divide between custom race and career like you do in GT. You can setup custom race anyway you want in FM.

Not to mention FM's AI provides an actual challenge vs "pass the cars in a line" like GT

Back