Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.46 Will Add the Skoda Vision GT, Sony's Afeela, & a Classic Chevelle

• Thread starter Famine
  • 300 comments
Wouldn't it be great if PD added a fleshed out drag strip mode instead of a new track? It would provide a useful track for all the old muscle cars (all cars actually) and provide more fuel for all the monthly update haters. A win/win situation. :D

Chevelle will be nice for NASCAR custom grids. VGTs are boring but at least this Skoda might mean that a real-life Skoda is added in the future. Afeela bit indifferent about the other car.

"Official" announcement:

The extra menu is Ferrari V12s (365 GTB, Testarossa, LaFerrari). This will go over well, the LaFerrari is an invitation car, right? Hopefully the reward is something as good as the Jaguar one!

The three new events are:
Japanese Clubman Cup 550
Alsace - Village Reverse

American FR Challenge 550
Trial Mountain Circuit Reverse

Vision Gran Turismo Trophy
Grand Valley - Highway 1

Note that other details won't be released until Thursday. So we may still get some exciting engine swaps, race adjustments, NPC conversations, etc.

I stopped reading after I saw '70 Chevelle SS.
In Love Bunny GIF by Space Jam

Love the big Chevelle. Wish we could have some more vintage wheels- Champ 500's, VN402 "daisies", etc. Seems like PD has a license for American Racing stuff... Oh, and while you're on A-Bodies, a GSX would be sooooooo nice! Maybe a 71 so we can have more colors? Stratomist Blue, please!
"Or... Now hear us out.. what if we added more space cars instead?.. we're going to add more space cars. Please look forward." - Polyphony

Great news about the Chevelle. Now give us a daily race in muscle cars.
Knowing PD's recent pattern, I would not be surprised if next week's time trial features the Skoda VGT while one of the Dailies (Race A probably) will be centered on that Chevelle. Not that it'll stop some people from seeing the red again..

The extra menu is Ferrari V12s (365 GTB, Testarossa, LaFerrari). This will go over well, the LaFerrari is an invitation car, right? Hopefully the reward is something as good as the Jaguar one!
Sad. I'm desperate for that Ferrari invitation. :(

I will drown my sorrows by buying many many Chevelles.

So many different people play the game so many different ways and all of them think PD should cater to the way they play. The fact that this is even happening means PD is doing it right but you can't tell people anything.
I agree but have a different take, they could if they planned it proper satisfy everyone over time just by structuring the updates better, if your an online player either Dailies etc or do league racing in a community, there nothing new from GTS,

I agree but have a different take, they could if they planned it proper satisfy everyone over time just by structuring the updates better, if your an online player either Dailies etc or do league racing in a community, there nothing new from GTS,
How could they have planned it better? Or better yet what is PD's current plan and how can they improve it?

Last edited:
How could they have planned it better? Or better yet what is PD's current plan and how can they improve it?
Cars I think is easy, 3 car update, Race, Road, classic, the classic could be either of the two Road or race, with the odd curve ball extra car of VGT or Police car whatever.

Tracks well we all want more tracks.

Single player I don't play but I'm sure a plan

Lobbies for online, I'm sure there options people that cops and robbers players and the myriad of other types of players would want.

A longer Race D,

But the big thing they could work on is engagement with the player base, a Road Map. You see Devs from other SIM\SIM Cade game putting there head above water and trying to answer the hard question, Kaz only does controlled interviews with more like s politician than a Game Dev

Cars I think is easy, 3 car update, Race, Road, classic, the classic could be either of the two Road or race, with the odd curve ball extra car of VGT or Police car whatever.

Tracks well we all want more tracks.

Single player I don't play but I'm sure a plan

Lobbies for online, I'm sure there options people that cops and robbers players and the myriad of other types of players would want.

A longer Race D,

But the big thing they could work on is engagement with the player base, a Road Map. You see Devs from other SIM\SIM Cade game putting there head above water and trying to answer the hard question, Kaz only does controlled interviews with more like s politician than a Game Dev
You think they can do that every month? How so? Im trying to get you a job at PD.

You think they can do that every month? How so? Im trying to get you a job at PD.
Outside of the "cops and robbers" (which will likely never come to GT series) and a track, the car 3 car thing is something they are already doing, it isn't unfeasible to keep the same number but divert the monthly picks to fit into race/road/classic categories.

Personally, I would've done the three cars per month as race car (modern or classic), road car (modern or classic) and a returning car (modern or classic) from GT games prior. The VGT/Marketing car(s) would be added extras.

Last edited:
The Chevelle is definitely the star of this update, looking forward to driving it. The Skoda VGT and Sony Afeela are not exactly my cup of tea, but who knows, maybe they could be a decent drive?

View attachment 1349861

What track is this? Did they just add the Chevrolet logo and Sunoco sign for the trailer?
It's Watkins Glen.

The lack of a coherent theme to the updates is baffling. You know they are sitting on a large amount of cars ready to go. Why not release them in batches that make sense and that would go with events. Chevelle, Buick GNX, and something else muscle-car from the datamine.
I guess if two slots are taken up by marketing obligations they just throw in whatever as the third car.

The lack of a coherent theme to the updates is baffling. You know they are sitting on a large amount of cars ready to go. Why not release them in batches that make sense and that would go with events. Chevelle, Buick GNX, and something else muscle-car from the datamine.
I guess if two slots are taken up by marketing obligations they just throw in whatever as the third car.
C5 Corvette, where art thou?

"Official" announcement:

The three new events are:
Japanese Clubman Cup 550
Alsace - Village Reverse

American FR Challenge 550
Trial Mountain Circuit Reverse

Vision Gran Turismo Trophy
Grand Valley - Highway 1

Note that other details won't be released until Thursday. So we may still get some exciting engine swaps, race adjustments, NPC conversations, etc.
Wait, another American event at Trial Mountain? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Kaz did not cook this month, he decided some Cup Noodles were fine this time.

The Chevelle is still good, though.

Å KODA Vision Gran Turismo

Efficiency and excellent driving dynamics are at the heart of the Å KODA Vision Gran Turismo design. It is equipped with two 200 kW (268.2 BHP) electric twin motors, one on each axle, delivering a combined power output of 800 kW (1,072 BHP). The inclusion of all-wheel drive with intelligent torque distribution across both axles ensures a balanced and responsive driving experience. This is complemented by a smooth, single-speed transmission, providing seamless acceleration.

AFEELA Prototype 2024

ā€œMove people, through the pursuit of innovation with diverse inspirations.ā€ Embrace cutting edge technology and create a new kind of joy in movement to inspire others. This is the purpose for which Sony Honda Mobility was founded in 2022. This new company, born from the collaboration between 2 very different companies, unveiled their AFEELA Prototype 2024 BEV at the beginning of CESĀ® 2024.

Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 Sport Coupe ā€™70

The option codes for the two types of 454 ci models offered, were the LS5 and LS6. The former produced 355 BHP with a compression of 10.25:1, and the compression of the latter was raised to 11.25:1, and combined with high cams and high flow headers, it produced approximately 449.7 BHP. This was the most powerful catalogue model engine in the history of American cars in its day.

:gtpflag:

Back