Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.46 Will Add the Skoda Vision GT, Sony's Afeela, & a Classic Chevelle

• Thread starter Famine
  • 303 comments
Or you could look backwards.

Being super generous, between the final content update for GT Sport in July 2021 and the launch of GT7 in March 2022 - and let's call that 8 months to be extra-kind to the "stockpiling" argument - PD produced an additional 90 cars. That's 86 (424-338) plus four additional cars that make up for the four lost from GT Sport (Hamilton AMG VGT, Mercedes W08 & Color Variation, Fittipaldi EF7).

That is a rather improbable (given the 60 cars/year capacity statement) more than 11 cars a month, albeit that was produced in the busiest single period of content production in the run up to the launch of a new game.

However, the final car added to GT Sport was not part of a regular content update, but as a standalone. It - the Toyota GR86 - was launched in-game to coincide with the real launch of the real car, as what we presume was a special promotion with the longest-standing partner.

We have to look back much further - before the Toyota GR Yaris in November 2020, the Mazda RX-Vision GT3 in May 2020, and the Toyota GR Supra in April 2020 - to find the final regular content update of three cars in February 2020. As that was late-month, it was almost exactly two years before GT7 arrived.

That gives us a value, with PD modelling cars only for GT7 and not producing them for GT Sport any more, of... 3.75 cars a month.

Now... maybe PD really is holding back three quarters of a car each month from GT7 for GT8, but outstripping the current production rate by nine cars a year in the busy content production window for an all-new game makes the stockpiling argument seem... weaker than it already was.
GT Sport has stopped receving significant updates around February 2020, so it's been 25 months until GT7 release.

In 2021 we got only two Toyotas, as well as it's was obvious that GT7 have been in deep development, since GTS got only 2 cars in span of February '20-July '21 Making it 1.5 years.

Looking at the bigger picture, currently GT7 has 503 cars and with all the updates GTS has 338 cars, making it around 165 cars added in span of 4 years and several months.

One could simply only hope what GT8 might become.

GT Sport has stopped receving significant updates around February 2020, so it's been 25 months until GT7 release.

In 2021 we got only two Toyotas, as well as it's was obvious that GT7 have been in deep development, since GTS got only 2 cars in span of February '20-July '21 Making it 1.5 years.
Yeah, that's all right in the middle of the post you just quoted. Although it was 24 months and one week, as 1.56 was February 26th 2020 and GT7 launched March 4th 2022.

Quick question.What are the three Ferraris needed for the new menu?

You’ll need to collect the 1971 Ferrari 365 GTB4 from Legends Cars, the 1991 Ferrari Testarossa from Used Cars, and the 2013 Ferrari La Ferrari from Brand Central
LaFerrari requires an invite to buy.

"Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego - which of course in German means 'a whale's vagina'."

I couldn't help it. Sorry.

You're mixing up capacity with productivity. Yamauchi said that the modelling team can make 60 cars a year (which is five per month, not six), but it should be fairly obvious that if there's not 60 cars in the pipeline for modelling then they can't produce 60.

Again, it's licensing that's the key here.
ah a man of culture

Not bad, looking forward to trying to handle that Chevelle!

I'm hoping that in the future more Skoda's will make an appearance, now that they have got a 'foot in the door' so to speak!
To be fair it handles really well,terrible fuel economy lets it down.

This might sound like a cliché but this really is the worst content update yet. Skoda VGT feels like something we’ve already seen 10 times before. AFEELA is nothing more than Sony advertizing. Chevelle SS is ok, but ultimately it’s just another classic muscle car with terrible gear ratios. The events are also pretty bland. Zero effort to offer something interesting.

I WANT A SKODA FABIA, F A B I A
F A B I A, not a fricking Ugly AF VGT that doesnt has a GR1 version... if the updates are like this... dont update the game bruv
Girl Agree GIF

Afeela has an interesting use of reverse gear when using a wheel. Also anyone knows something about the special Afeela outfit? Why the american flag?

Last edited:
Favorite part of the update for me was the scapes and the Chevelle. I might have to go do my own scapes photography at these spots over the coming months.

Oh yeah, Manu season is back too. Schedule is ok, I guess

I was just test driving the Chevelle (so much fun sliding around Beetles in Sunday Classic Cup 😁 ) and something caught my attention: shouldn't the air intake behind the windshield be animated, i.e. react with opening and closing the throttle?

It is animated in The Crew Motorfest (and Forza as well, but I don't want to upset anyone again by invoking this seemingly forbidden name in a Gran Turismo's thread ;D )

Last edited:
This might sound like a cliché but this really is the worst content update yet. Skoda VGT feels like something we’ve already seen 10 times before. AFEELA is nothing more than Sony advertizing. Chevelle SS is ok, but ultimately it’s just another classic muscle car with terrible gear ratios. The events are also pretty bland. Zero effort to offer something interesting.
The gear ratios are the best of the muscle cars in this game. It tops out at 273kph when other muscle cars are geared for 1/4 mile times. The Shelby G.T.350 being the other exception.

I WANT A SKODA FABIA, F A B I A
F A B I A, not a fricking Ugly AF VGT that doesnt has a GR1 version... if the updates are like this... dont update the game bruv
Eh, I mean, for what it is I'm could see why, but seriously, the VGT adds more attention to people who don't already play it. The Fabia irl is nice, but not enough to be the star of attention for a new GT update. You just gotta think about what the devs want:More players. Maybe the Fabia can be a future addition, especially in the since that it won't be the car everyone is talking about. But for now, the new VGT is here. (personally, I am not saying it's good, I prefer the Chevelle.)

The gear ratios are the best of the muscle cars in this game. It tops out at 273kph when other muscle cars are geared for 1/4 mile times. The Shelby G.T.350 being the other exception.
Bad wording on my part. I mean that the stock transmission feels lacking with just three gears. Hard to unleash the car’s potential unless you replace it. Typical of its era.

I actually really enjoy the Skoda vgt :) It drives pretty well and for an electric car it sounds nice too… Also the modeled details are very well done!

My only ‘gripes’ would be the visor thing that goes over the helmet, that’s kinda weird, the heads up display it provides is sorta okay though… also the rearview camera dashboard thing is something I dislike (in general, in all cars that have it), it’s low resolution and the games draw distance is just too short, so you see stuff disappear (could be because I’m on ps4?), also how it forces a specific helmet and suit is disappointing.

Let me make this clear to anyone who isn’t familiar with the business side of game development:

• Everything that is a brand or person in the real world needs some form of licensing agreement. Everything. Even landmark buildings on street circuits (like the London Eye in GRID Legends), even individual sponsor logos on banners and liveries. Even Nigel Mansell’s moustache (probably).

The specific of these licenses vary from partner to partner. Some want money up front, some want royalties, some (if you’re lucky) will do it for free because they just want the exposure, some will allow things in-game but not in marketing, some will want approval rights on every single marketing asset etc.

There are also some brands (including car manufacturers) that don’t want anything to do with videogames, ever. That’s why you don’t see certain brands in certain games.

When it comes to licensed sports games, typically the current season content (cars, tracks, liveries) might be covered by a catch-all “championship license”. Anything historic tends to require separate arrangements. I obviously can’t talk specifics here (because I don’t know them and wouldn’t be allowed to anyway) about any individual game.

One thing I’ll say here though since it’s relevant to this update: I’ve had nothing but pleasant experiences with Skoda Motorsport. They’re always keen to support games either via in-game content or social media activity. They’re one of my favourite partners to work with on WRC 🙂

Side-note: Silverstone was in GRID but not in GRID Legends, it’s the only track that didn’t make it across. Something probably changed in those 3 years between releases.
The complexities of licensing is very interesting - that said I don't think it's a factor in the perceived lack of content in GT7.

GT7's DLC schedule has been (almost) like clockwork - suggests to me PD where well prepared - and likely had a significant amount of DLC in the works before launch. Another reason why it's difficult to judge what their production output is based on releases alone.

The datamined list seems to largely consist of returning classics, VGT's and promo models like the Afeela. Yet PD have graced us with occasional all-new surprises like the '21 BRZ GT300, '23 SF23, '22 992 RSR - they just seem to be hidden from view until the month of release.

I think the Chevelle is great when you add all the power and handling upgrades without taking any weight out of the car. It turned out to be a good decision because I was actually able to enjoy the driving experience instead of suffering from a whole bunch of oversteer. I want to make sure that my cars are nice to drive because fighting one with too much power and not enough traction is a chore. And yes the widebody with the wider tyres was equipped too.

Last edited:
Liking the chevelle, don’t think they got the sound right but that’s typical of Gran Turismo. Bought four. Three are stock but widebodied or stock with different rims and wide tires and another just stock. I prefer the stock with wide tires over the widebodied. But I like cars that require some throttle control. Tuned one to match some trans am tunes I’m working on, so it’s been lightened. Turned out really good. As for the other cars in the updates, I don’t care to even give them a chance. Just happy we finally got the Chevelle. Makes me want a Nova too.

The complexities of licensing is very interesting - that said I don't think it's a factor in the perceived lack of content in GT7.

GT7's DLC schedule has been (almost) like clockwork - suggests to me PD where well prepared - and likely had a significant amount of DLC in the works before launch. Another reason why it's difficult to judge what their production output is based on releases alone.

The datamined list seems to largely consist of returning classics, VGT's and promo models like the Afeela. Yet PD have graced us with occasional all-new surprises like the '21 BRZ GT300, '23 SF23, '22 992 RSR - they just seem to be hidden from view until the month of release.
Yes, often some cars won’t make it into a game simply because the developer is placing their priorities on other cars.

Look at EA SPORTS WRC for example. It doesn’t have the Rally GT class from DiRT Rally 2.0. They’re awesome cars but the data shows they were the least used class in the game, so when the inevitable scope cuts come in development, that’s one class that goes.

Meanwhile the 97-11 class is for many people the golden era of rallying, so it got more cars than the previous game.

Back