Gran Turismo 8 - if you had the power to completely design the experience…

England
England
GT_reddevil321
Hi all,

Given the current state of Gran Turismo 7 (and it will continue to expand), I’ve always wondered how people (the GTPlanet community) would design the play experience of Gran Turismo 8.

I’d love to hear (and even see) how you would layout the career mode, for example:
  • Would it be similar to previous games in terms of the layout e.g. Beginner, Professional events etc?
  • What features would you implement and how would you design them e.g. Driving Missions and how you’d have them, or drag racing mode for example?
  • How the cars would be displayed in dealerships and how you want them to appear and how the pricing works for them?
  • How would you design, change (or remove entirely) the license tests?
  • How would you design an arcade mode - all cars and tracks available instantly, or have it like Gran Turismo 4, or even Gran Turismo 3 for example?
  • The online experience and how daily races, time trials work and perhaps other things you come up with?
  • Other things to make the career mode in your eyes “better”?

DISCLAIMER: I fully appreciate that Gran Turismo 7 has plenty of longevity left and there are still key improvements we want for Gran Turismo 7 before we even think about Gran Turismo 8. Therefore treat this as a bit of fun - treat it as Polyphony Digital is giving YOU the power to decide how a Gran Turismo 8 experience would/should be. I would like Gran Turismo 7 to be the best it can be before a Gran Turismo 8 would appear.

Penultimately, I also appreciate if this is technically not in the right forum place but I can’t really see where else.

Finally, I’ll at some point apply my input - otherwise if you have ideas, designs/spreadsheets etc, then I’d love to hear and see them.

(If something like this exists already, then this sub-forum topic can be removed).

Last edited:
My biggest things, which would likely require better hardware, would be the following:

-Larger fields for appropriate courses, such as Le Mans, Daytona, Nurburgring 24h, and Spa-Francorchamps. (Maybe with multi-class racing, too?)

-More visible dirt, oil stains, etc. like how you can enable those effects in GT7’s photomode, even if they don’t appear outside of there. In other words, make the car wash actually mean something, haha!

-More city courses, both real and original. The Monaco course could be real splendid.

Everything else I had in mind would likely be up to various designers, and/or post-launch content additions.

Last edited:
-Making the game actually about RACING instead of being a history museum.

-Have a proper actual career mode starting from junior club series working up to IMSA/WEC

-Full race weekend simulations (practice, qualifying and race)

-Full multi-class racing for endurance

Here's the idea I've always in my head, which I don't remotely have the artistic talent to mock up unfortunately.

GT is better when it focuses on the cars rather than being about the driver IMO - that's far better done by sims that focus on racing cars. So I've tried to fit the career to the car roster, rather than trying to force a racing sim career onto a car roster that isn't built for it.

The main career screen would be a timeline, with rows for each decade between the 1950s to 2020s (with maybe a nebulous "future" one after that for VGT stuff). Then, you'd have cups, based on various road car themes, that go across the timeline like so:
  • An 86 vs BRZ Cup cup that would have a 1980s round for the Levin/Trueno, a 2010s round for the gen 1 86/BRZ, and a 2020s round for the gen 2 GR86/BRZ.
  • A Corvette Festival cup that would have a 50s round for the C1, a 60s round for the C2/C3, an 80s round for the C4, an 00s round for the C6, a 10s round for the C7 and a 20s round for the C8. A 90s round could be added if a C5 was DLC.
  • A SEMA cup that would currently just have a 10s round, but could add a 00s round if previous winners were added.
  • Ferrari Challenge, which would have rounds in every decade (except the 20s currently)
  • You could also do entry level stuff like Sunday Cup, which would combine the current Sunday Cup and Sunday Cup Classic (and actually have a power limit this time), so you'd have an entry level event to enter your Mazda3 in.
Winning all events in a cup would provide a car that would help for a related cup, for example the 86/BRZ cup might reward you with an Impreza or a Supra for Stars of Pleiades or a Supra cup.

But the real goal you would be working towards while completing cups is to fully complete a decade. When you complete all events in a decade, you would unlock a race championship or championships for that decade:
  • Completing all the 50s events would unlock a championship for cars like the W194 or the old Maserati
  • Completing all the 60s events would unlock a championship balanced for the three legendary cars (though you could still enter stuff like the 250 GT)
  • The 70s is kinda hard, only the 917K and 2J are there at the minute. This would need more cars added.
  • Completing the 80s would unlock a Group C Championship (you can use the early 90s cars) and a Group B rally championship
  • Completing the 90s would unlock a GT1 championship and a classic GT500 championship and a Group A rally championship
  • Completing the 00s would unlock an early LMP championship that would again need cars like the R8 and Speed 8 to be added
  • Completing the 10s would unlock a GT3 championship and an LMP1 championship
  • Completing the 20s would unlock a hypercar championship and a modern GT500 championship
Then beating all the decade race championships would unlock the "final boss" race championships like the X2019 or the formula cars, maybe the endurances too.

I like the idea because it puts the "learning about car history" idea (that's kind of the core ideal of the franchise at this point) into the actual races instead of being relegated to text everybody skips. But it also gives players freedom to do different stuff in different orders, while still retaining progression and having a goal people are aiming for.

Last edited:
Racing:
Completely remove the Cafe as the gameplay progression mechanic. It feels arbitrarily small and limiting. I don't mind the concept of the Cafe as an element of the game, but it shouldn't be the thing the whole game revolves around. For the racing calendar, replace it with some kind of race hub that allows you to join teams to compete at different levels of motorsport - and with that, most races should be at least 10 laps, and most of them should be part of championships. The 3 lap chase the rabbit battles in GT7 are so bad...

A proper endurance racing series with at least 10 races per car classification. (These could totally be multi-class events that you need to win in each class).

Other:
Aside from the very basic changes above that I think are needed to make GT a proper racing game, I'd like to see PD try some new things, and try a little harder on some other things:

Why not some kind of open road area? The scapes movies are such a tease - I'd love to escape the race track in a GT title. This may be a game unto itself depending on the scope of implementation but I would honestly be happy with just some great point to point locations such as:

California Coast
German Autobahn
Tokyo Highway (free roam)
Route Napolean
Mt. Haruna
Lake Como Loop

For a series with so much chill between gameplay, there is a frustrating lack of chill (including down to the music selections) available during actual driving - particularly in the ridiculously short chase the rabbit events. Even the baffling music missions, seemingly a great opportunity to chill, are frantic as hell. There is no relaxing driving in this game, and that's kind of a missed opportunity, IMO. What if you could, while in VR, sit in the back of a Toyota Alphard listening to music while another player is driving around a Tokyo freeway at night? I'd be into it.

The other thing tragically lacking, despite it's continued inclusion, is off road driving. I don't know if Kaz thinks PD's implementation of "rally" driving is fun or what, but it seriously needs a rethink. I remember being super stoked at the idea of rally racing being part of GT2 prior to that game's release, and then being disappointed in it's implementation back then....when I was like 10. It hasn't improved in the quarter century since then, sadly. While I get that stage races might not be the gameplay PD wants to spend time developing, there has GOT to be a better way to do dirt than the absolutely terrible and geographically suspect (THIS is the approximate IRL location of the Colorado springs circuit, per the weather radar - which really makes you wonder what they were thinking every step of the way...) implementation they settled on. Honestly, GT2-4 had way, way better dirt circuits than GT5-GT7, which isn't saying much.

If all else fails, look back to GT4.

Cool thread idea!

1) Make what I call a 'Money Race'. Where it's a single race, medium length (like 5-10laps), medium difficulty race where you win a significant car for a more difficult series later on. And said car just happens to be worth a ton of money (1-3mil?). Did I mention you could do this race over and over to win the prize car again and again?

2) Bring back every original track in their former GT6 glory in hi-res, along with the new ones (because why not?).

3) Bring back every actual race track in former GT titles.

4) Bring back all the missing cars from GT3 & GT4, in their current gen, hi-res, ray tracing form.

5) Bring Sophy to its full potential, dump the old AI completely. Along with scalable difficulty for each race.

6) Improve BOP

7) Improve Penalty System

8) Add a little bit of storyline to the offline career mode with two calendars; kart to professional racing calendar and a fun/off season, or maybe invitational only calendar. Perhaps the protagonist's father was a pro driver but only made it to GT4 and tragically died in a race (your uncle raised you and brought you up in racing); one you eventually do yourself. I'm thinking the professional race calendar would be races in which car specs are locked down or use BOP and you earn top prize money. The invitational calendar would host more open, 'suggested' BHP races, smaller payouts but with those valuable prize cars.

9) The only restriction to buying a car is money; no more invitations :yuck:

10) Add caster and tire pressure adjustments

11) Add a proper clutch option, that does not instantly make you faster when using it

12) Update physics engine and tire model (ACC physics anyone?)

13) Bring back slow motion replays along with control inputs for them. Or better yet, integrate with Motec.

14) Make the drift events completely optional (rewardless). Even expand upon what was in GT7, but don't force me to do them, also :yuck:

15) Bring back side events like the One Lap Magic and Driving Missions from GT4 (but leave out Mission 34, or if you bring it back, don't make us wait 90 seconds, c'mon now)

16) Increase the license test difficulty.

I think the visuals are on point and polished, I love the PSVR2 and motion option and I think the sound is 'fine'. If PD outsourced some of this work, it may be possible to get it all done. If this was all promised, I'd be fine waiting another 4-5 years before GT8 launched.

Jerome

Last edited:
This:

Yep, pretty much this. GT5 is of course where it all went wrong :lol:

It's difficult to resolved the two things GT wants now - progressively unlocking circuits (GTS/GT7) and teaching players about cars (GT7) - with a web-like career, but it's certainly doable.

Here's my quick'n'dirty overview:

1715023057627.png

By way of explanation here:

• Without any progress at all:
    • There's five basic Menu Books that introduce you to various things core to the game
    • ~20 races at three-to-six beginner circuits (one/two in each region) covering Sunday Cup and Sunday Cup Classic-type races or track days; low powered cars sub-400PP. These are not linked to the career at all.
    • You must complete your B Licence and Book 5 to advance to...
  • Pathway Choice 1 which:
    • Gives you the option of choosing your preferred route: GT, Sports Car, Prototype, Open-Wheel (and whatever else)
    • Each path has a handful of relevant Menu Books (let's say... three), each unlocking a race series at that level
    • At this stage they are national level races (not necessarily requiring just one country's tracks...) at an amateur grade, up to 500PP or so.
    • Complete a minimum number (say... three again, accounting for updates) the Menu Books to advance to Licence A which unlocks...
  • Pathway Choice 2 which:
    • Allows you to switch paths or remain on the same one.
    • Same format again, unlocking more series, but at a higher level - more races across more tracks within the region.
    • Completing any one path grants a Bronze Trophy, unlocks Licence IA, and advances you to...
  • Pathway Choice 3 which:
    • Again allows you to switch or not.
    • Much higher level races again, unlocking more series, taking place at tracks across the globe
    • Completing any one path grants a Silver Trophy, unlocks Licence S, and advances you to...
  • Pathway Choice 4, the final choice, which:
    • Gives you one last chance to switch if you wish
    • Longest and hardest races, endurance level (optional to shorten the race time with higher rates of wear/weather, no less than 30 min)
    • Awards one Gold Trophy no matter which path and ending movie for completion
    • All tracks unlocked at this point
  • Players may then (and let's say at any point too) go back and attempt other pathways, with the relevant menu books, to mop up the trophies (licences no longer required)
  • Updates can add more races/series and Menu Books into each section (as only [x] are required to advance this adds options rather than more requirements), as well as optional Menu Books beyond the time line if necessary.

That's just my "top of the head" design anyway.

Also, as that's just the career, with every car/track unlocked for Arcade Mode, Livery Editor, and Photomode from the start.

Boot up the game and players can choose Arcade, Career or Gran Turismo.

Arcade
All cars and tracks unlocked, player can choose an option of structured car class racing, shuffle car selection, shuffle grid selection, shuffle car & track combo.

Career
Structured like Project Cars franchise.
  • Begin at karts or a classic Mini or MINI Challenge or MX-5 Cup with branches connecting open wheel paths and tin top racing through touring, GT, Prototypes and Formula
  • Solo racing from slalom through drifting to Time Attack and several forms of targa rally, baja and WRC type cars & events.
  • vintage racing with a style to the events like Goodwood special weekends(including vintage bikes ;) ), Le Mans Classic and Spa-Francorchamps

GT Mode(only mode with an intro movie)
- Start with low Credits, buy car, build from there in classic GT1&2 fashion

Sport Mode
  • Shuffle events where combos are different each slot entered
  • Tier racing for players that prefer a chosen discipline: road cars, vintage racing, off-road
  • Championship Seasons that feature karts, MX-5 Cup, Gr.4(GT4), Gr.3(GT3), Super GT, Super Formula, Prototype - each series are a complete series of races not just the normal Gr.4 & Gr.3

I would like to see a return to the classic GT career progress from GT1 - GT 4 or something along the lines of Project Cars career mode. I would change the LCD rotation to be based on game progression instead the current method. I would have all cars available in arcade mode and get rid of chase the rabbit and give the option for qualifying. Have some races be standing start some double file rolling start. Bring back full race modification for road cars.

Copy GT3 and GT4. Add qualifying to every race, allow more credits by increasing difficulty, add more credits by increasing the lap count.

Proper grid starts and double file rolling starts.

A proper endurance hall with championships for imsa, wec, NLS and superGT as well as one off races.

The online penalties are frustrating. Anyone else? Im trying so hard to be a good driver just to get punted into the car in front of me and end up the only driver with a penalty. Great idea but fix them or ditch them in my opinion. And how about the daily endurance prize? Is anyone else seem stuck on only getting the 5-10k prizes?lol. Sorry if this seems like a rant but they are so "key" to happiness in my opinion and one would think its any easy fix but remains broke without an attempt to fix.

I'd re-do the audio design and make it much more immersive similar to Project Gotham and Forza Motorsport 4 where the cars have individual intake, engine and exhaust sounds recorded in stereo to match the in-game camera angle so when you turn the camera to the front of the car for example you hear the intake and the exhaust from the rear; as for me personally this makes the experience much more immersive, both the latest Forza and GT7 suffer from Mono exterior audio where Stereo will make the experience much better. I'd also make the high performance and race cars much more brash sounding as they sound overly clean at the moment.

A proper offline mode so you're not stuck driving an MX5 around Trial Mountain :(

Expanding the grid to 25 (40 for La Sarthe, Spa and Nurburgring would be nice too, but with a lack of paint schemes it would look kind of weird in action)

Last edited:
I guess I'm the only one who doesn't like "everything unlocked". I've said it elsewhere, but I loved the memories of going to a friend's house to play Gran Turismo 2, and being impressed by all the cars in his garage that I'd never seen before. We'd exchange the secret info of which cars could be found where, it was a lot of fun and made for a unique experience.

Speaking of Gran Turismo 2 and secrets, its somewhat convoluted dealer layout was great for hiding things, and made the game feel even bigger than it already was. It might sound silly, but having to manually click on individual cars instead of scrolling through that horizontal list made it feel like you were really exploring and discovering things. It's probably not as impressive to seasoned car guys, but for a kid who was only just learning, it was always exciting to poke around the corners of the dealership and be presented with some cool or weird car you didn't know existed.

The other thing I liked about Gran Turismo 2's dealerships was the "Special" category. It felt more organized to me when the racing and concept cars were kept separate from the normal production vehicles. So yeah, my ideal Gran Turismo would have GT2-style car shopping.

I also prefer the open-ended early game of the first five games, where there were many cheap cars to choose from, and you could stick with your starter car and gradually tune it up for awhile. Nothing was more disheartening than starting up Gran Turismo 6 and being forced to buy that Honda Fit. Then GT7 came along with only three choices, then hurriedly ushered you along to a different car after the three intro races. I'm really not a fan of GT7's collection focus that pushes you to constantly change vehicles instead of having fun with your own choices.

Basically, I want:
1. Secrets
2. Cheap cars and things to do with them
3. Seattle Circuit

Last edited:
I'd re-do the audio design and make it much more immersive similar to Project Gotham and Forza Motorsport 4 where the cars have individual intake, engine and exhaust sounds recorded in stereo to match the in-game camera angle so when you turn the camera to the front of the car for example you hear the intake and the exhaust from the rear; as for me personally this makes the experience much more immersive, both the latest Forza and GT7 suffer from Mono exterior audio where Stereo will make the experience much better. I'd also make the high performance and race cars much more brash sounding as they sound overly clean at the moment.
I'll always welcome better sound, but GTS and GT7 made such incredible leaps over their predecessors that its no longer something that breaks the game for me. Every car sounds at least pretty good and in the very least accurate.

I really liked the manufacturer cups in previous games. Here's an idea - get rid of the invitation system as it stands and replace it with one based on brand affinity. Say you really like using Mercedes / AMG cars. How about after 1000 miles of driving Mercedes in races, Mercedes sends you an invitation to not only BUY something special (Lets say a 2000 CLK DTM) but also to compete in a special event, say drive the CLK DTM in a 2000s DTM race series. To add another layer of depth, lets say you win that series - in the CLK. Maybe the prize for that is being rewarded with the ultra rare CLK DTM road car.

Now lets pretend you did that same series but with the Alfa Romeo 155 DTM (purchased from an invitation in a similar way) perhaps you could unlock an Alfa Romeo SZ or some similar - there would be a reason to go back and do the same races over again.

I think the different strands, almost like quests in RPGs, could add a ton of depth to a GT title, and I think it would feel special to unlock these cars that require a few steps to get to.

For used cars, I would spice things up.
There should be multiple dealerships again, like XX. and XXI. century up until 2015 because most modernish cars that aren't the latest models are around '15.

I would also introduce pre tuned cars in the used cars dealerships. These, of course, wouldn't be as common as stock models but would be rewarding for the players to catch a deal, especially in early stages. These cars shouldn't be too crazy for upgrades, but would stand out with custom wheels, body or livery, just like AI cars.

As for Legendary dealership, in this form I would get rid of that. Waiting months for a car is just not acceptable.
I would add this segment to brand central, like GT4 and I would make it unlockable, maybe with manufacturer events. In that form, invitation only cars would also count as legendary cars.

For these changes to really work, we would need a well structured campaign, but that's another story...

Last edited:
I would integrate more racing series and corresponding cars. I would create a series with points for each series. Each race with practice, qualifying and race.

I would generally change the goal.
At the moment, all racing games are out to make us believe that only victory counts. Which always leads to unrealistic races, especially if you always start at the back.
I would change that to make 3 places good, or overtake the car in front. Better one or two good duels than 20 lame overtaking manoeuvres due to a massive power difference.

I would allow more filters in the lobby.

Apart from that, I like GT7 with the structure quite well.
But the licences should have an application. e.g. better payout, or stronger opponents.
and there should be more races per track.

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

For the career mode, I was thinking about starting in the 80's with a selection a normal cars like the Honda Accord, BMW E30, Golf,... Since you start in the 80's the prices of those cars would still be normal and by progressing in time the value goes up for some models.
Everytime you reach a milestone you would go further in time and unlock new cars of that specific generation until you reach the current year and you gain access to all the modern cars.

1. Removing every single vision and concept car.
2. Add qualification and practice runs for race events. (Not compulsory)
3. Add option to adjust tire pressure and control temperature of them (Or suffer consequences due failing it)
4. Option to have mechanical failures for cars.
5. Lively pit radio - like observer giving data of other car positions and condition of the car.
6. More snow.
7. Getting new sound effects for menu buttons.😛
8. For some store bought cars to have option which side the steering wheel is. Correct position is on the left.
9. Full custom grid (hey, it's game after all) for fun experimental race like hand picked muscle cars, or David vs. Goliath: Fiat 500 vs. Bugatti Chiron)

Here's what I would focus on:
1) Mimic the GT4 career mode as much as possible. Why was GT4 so great?
* The obvious career progression from a Toyota Yaris to a Toyota LMP. Beginner to Expert league. You feel that adrenaline and excitement when you enter the GT World Championship for the first time.
GT7 still has some of this, but the complaints about the cafe menu linearity are valid. I think the cafe menus are fine, the mistake is that they form the backbone of the career mode. Maybe your classic "GT League" progression is the main game mode and the cafe menus are side quests. The bonus here is the cafe menus become more fun when they're less structured and not THE primary game mode. Let's say you have a cafe menu to collect Nissan Silvias, so you must watch the UCD for them or maybe you win one from another event. Wouldn't that be more fun than doing 3 races, winning the 3 Silvias you need, and moving on? Again, the game progression wouldn't be locked to the UCD - just the "side quests."

* A decent mix of championships and standalone "spot races." Both have a place in the game, but it's fun counting points until the last race of the season.

* The prize cars from each event. It was fun doing a championship and wondering "what car will I win at the end of this?" And it made the grind easier. We don't need to give out a $500k rally car (that can be obtained infinite times) on an A license race...but we can also do better than GT7.
Maybe give out car roulette tickets as event prizes, and you can win those tickets over and over? A 3* car ticket gives you a Toyota 86 or similar, a 4* gives you a BMW M4, a 5* gives you a Gr.3/Gr.4/supercar, and a 6* gives you a high end race car or hyper car? Each ticket can have a low probability of a jackpot prize that increases as you progress through the game.
This would add motivation to re-doing old races without wrecking the economy.

* There was a "home race" for almost every car in the game. WTC 800 is not "home" for the Chaparral 2J. WTC 700 is not "home" for the Ford GT40 or Ferrari P4. What race does my Porsche 917K fit into? The Neo-Classic race is awesome on paper but is a functionally jumbled mess of Gr.1/Gr.2/Gr.3/Gr.4 cars. Where can I race my Renault R4 or Citroen DS besides the 5,000 cr Sunday Cup?

* Building from above, the depth/specificity of events was so much greater. You had all the fun one-make events that felt like side quests. You had the Polyphony Cup for purely stock cars. You had events for muscle cars, European hot hatchbacks, supercars, Boxers, Naturally aspirated cars, etc. GT7 still has some of that, but too many events are merged into the Sunday/Clubman/Classic/WTC categories.

2) Add practice/qualifying in some fashion. While we're at it, bring back the "Entry List" from GT1 so we know how fast Gallo's Alfa Giulia GTAm is.

3) Either implement standing starts (F1 style) or rolling double file starts (ACC/GT3 style). Either would be a giant improvement from the idiotic 40-second rolling start gaps.

4) Focus on either Sophy or "chili pepper" AI for all races, with customizable difficulty that increases payouts. I believe every race in the game - GT Cup Gr.3, Lago Maggiore Human Comedy, etc. - should be winnable by any player while simultaneously rewarding the truly skilled.

Going back to GT4 - the "A-Spec" points, although abusable and sometimes inaccurate, provided a benchmark. If you're a newer driver, you knew to tune your car to a 10 A-Spec point race. If you're average, maybe your target is 100. The aliens will aim for 200 and above. Again, it was never a perfect stat, but it was substantially better than entering a race blindly and either destroying the competition or frustratingly getting left in the dust. This could be addressed with more specific difficulty settings.

5) Better overall AI might address this, but randomize the AI so you aren't always chasing F. Portilla's Viper in every event.

The only thing i need changed is full sophy ai integration with career mode in style with gt4 career and progression.

Much other improvments is pretty much given i would think.

I strongly belive gt8 Will be revealed in just a year around may-june 2025

We thought the same thing when GT7 released but were proved wrong in significant ways.
Most aspects is better than it has ever been in gt7 campared to past titles.

Thats why i mentioned the career mode and progression not part of the given improvments.

You have not even made your own suggestions for the ideal gt.

Last edited:
I love the fact that the premise of this thread is free rein to redesign the whole game, and we still have people just listing their one or two gripes that they post in every thread.

Imagination is running at a deficit, it seems.

Most aspects is better than it has ever been in gt7 campared to past titles.

Thats why i mentioned the career mode and progression not part of the given improvments.

You have not even made your own suggestions for the ideal gt.
I'd disagree with that sentiment to a large degree. But since you asked, I think my opinions from the linked thread apply to what an "ideal GT" can be. TLDR: Any new additions to GT8 will be undermined by flaws that PD seemingly can't/won't fix.

We talk about car/track additions ad nauseum, lets fix some longstanding issues.

Also, I took the time to respond to some of your suggestions.

• They're perfect as is IMO, they serve their intended purpose well.
  • How would you design an arcade mode - all cars and tracks available instantly, or have it like Gran Turismo 4, or even Gran Turismo 3 for example?
    • Arcade mode would be the current iteration of the game in terms of physics. All cars/tracks can be available as you stated. But my big change is in the next bullet point.
      • GT8 should have a sim mode that isn't catered/centered around the controller experience. Devote time to the wheeled peripherals that they endorse. Fully utilize or improve their laser scanning technique because as of right now, there's zero road feel compared to ACC. And I know the fanboys are gonna cry and moan about this, I'm not saying ACC is better or perfect. Check my post history if you care to, I'm consistent on that front. But I just ran the Nurburing back to back on both titles and it's not even a comparison. ACC washes GT7 as it pertains to the track itself being feeling alive. I'd like to see them lean into the sim side of things, while keeping the current level of "sim" for the arcade mode.
  • The online experience and how daily races, time trials work and perhaps other things you come up with?
    • First and foremost, implement a penalty system that isn't trash.
    • Stop making us wait 2 hours between races.
    • Sophy alone will make the career mode a different beast, if they can realize it's potential.

Last edited:
I'd disagree with that sentiment to a large degree. But since you asked, I think my opinions from the linked thread apply to what an "ideal GT" can be. TLDR: Any new additions to GT8 will be undermined by flaws that PD seemingly can't/won't fix.

We talk about car/track additions ad nauseum, lets fix some longstanding issues.

Also, I took the time to respond to some of your suggestions.

• They're perfect as is IMO, they serve their intended purpose well.
    • Arcade mode would be the current iteration of the game in terms of physics. All cars/tracks can be available as you stated. But my big change is in the next bullet point.
      • GT8 should have a sim mode that isn't catered/centered around the controller experience. Devote time to the wheeled peripherals that they endorse. Fully utilize or improve their laser scanning technique because as of right now, there's zero road feel compared to ACC. And I know the fanboys are gonna cry and moan about this, I'm not saying ACC is better or perfect. Check my post history if you care to, I'm consistent on that front. But I just ran the Nurburing back to back on both titles and it's not even a comparison. ACC washes GT7 as it pertains to the track itself being feeling alive. I'd like to see them lean into the sim side of things, while keeping the current level of "sim" for the arcade mode.
    • First and foremost, implement a penalty system that isn't trash.
    • Stop making us wait 2 hours between races.
    • Sophy alone will make the career mode a different beast, if they can realize it's potential.
its ok if you disagree. But like i said outside of career mode and progression and maybe a few minor things. gt7 does most other things better than past titles. The pontential has at least not being greater for any other gt title.

Dont forget that acc is a full sim gt7 is not.
Acc is not accessable witch gt aims for to be, unless you are on wheel acc is not great.

Last edited:
its ok if you disagree. But like i said outside of career mode and progression and maybe a few minor things. gt7 does most other things better than past titles. The pontential has at least not being greater for any other gt title.

Dont forget that acc is a full sim gt7 is not.
Acc is not accessable witch gt aims for to be, unless you are on wheel acc is not great.
Yes, I'm fully aware of what ACC purports itself to be.

That's why I'd create a true sim mode for GT8, leaving the current level of "sim" to the arcade mode.

1. Removing every single vision and concept car.
Petty :lol:

Yes, I'm fully aware of what ACC purports itself to be.

That's why I'd create a true sim mode for GT8, leaving the current level of "sim" to the arcade mode.

Petty :lol:
Releasing a gt game without the gt mode would be a major mistake, and would not go well for its community me included. I would not buy it if it was the case. But thankfully that will never happen.

Last edited:
Releasing a gt game without the gt mode would be a major mistake, and would not go well for its community me included. I would not buy it if it was the case. But thankfully that will never happen.
How does my suggestion require the omission of a GT Mode? I literally stated that the current game, as it stands now would simply be shifted to "arcade mode". That requires nothing to be removed.

Last edited:
Back