Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Begins 17 April

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 10,870 comments
After a few laps, with the best just under 1:58, I joined a full mixed C/C (6)-D/S room in the 1 pm CDT slot with 29 points for the win, wearing #14. As usual, I didn't take a time, and was the only one to not do so. Fast time was 1:56 flat, and I would have been near the back anyway.

The race was a disaster. I picked up 2 spots due to carnage in the esses, then lost them when I spun in the backstretch avoiding a ghosted car in the middle of the track. I eventually got one of them back only because of a self-wreck, and ended up 15th with 12 points. It looks like this will be one of the throw-away rounds that sends my DR back to the low-to-mid-D mean I deserve.

CXJ
GT2 lobby:
Race 1: Get 2nd with 76pts.
Race 2: Get 2nd with 71pts.

To get put in a worse lobby after a strong performance is just rubbish.

This is pretty standard fare, actually. Unless you raise your DR enough on your first race to get kicked into the next split (which is universally unlikely), or enough people in higher splits were satisfied with their score and decided not to give it another go - thus opening up potential spots for you and others to get into (generally speaking, this is also unlikely)

…usually the points haul for your lobbies will decrease throughout the day

I realise this is a bit of a jump to make, but this round has confirmed to me that I shouldn't race Manufacturers next month.

I know it was only 5 laps, and I know the kerbs were a bit dodgy, but I found today's round so much fun to drive, more fun than I've had on Sport Mode for months now. And it's made me realise the problem is I'm just completely burned out on the GT3-style racing that the majority of races are, so not entering the GT3-focused series seems like the right call.

Thi
And it's made me realise the problem is I'm just completely burned out on the GT3-style racing that the majority of races are, so not entering the GT3-focused series seems like the right call
This is how I feel, especially with the daily races now.

I've just had enough.

The highlight of 5000 races was the tuned cars at trial mountain that says a lot to me personally

Can't believe it, somehow won 😭
4bbd5bc2-fd9e-4b09-92fd-b9ee1573ac1b.jpg

Two attempts at that is enough for me. Driving the RA272 in VR is fun. Racing the thing, especially in a race that's not even 10 minutes long? Maybe that's fun for others but it's not really my thing. This combo is too chaotic for my liking, especially when it's being pushed as 110% pure sprint.

First attempt went to hell on lap 4. I'd qualified P6, lost a position in the race and then ended up dead last after the car destablised through the bus stop and went into the wall.

My second attempt had me starting P3, but I had to bail out and take avoiding action at turn 1 after P2 broke earlier and/or harder than I was expecting. That dropped me all the way back down to P14, but I did eventually work back up to P6 somehow. Just death and penalties everywhere.

I had a Russian calling me dirty after the race ended which surprised me, saying I'd pushed him into the wall. After checking the replay, he's talking about this:

I thought I'd caught something briefly flashing on the radar but I was so focused on trying to avoid the French driver that I had no idea what happened. I don't think that was my fault? :confused: (Click here to see my actual POV mid-race.)

I dread to think where my DR will be at the end of the season. It's still in near freefall. :guilty:

That was not a dirty move at all. It was an accident, he was in your blind spot. In VR, there is no way we can focus on the radar, taking our eyes off the road to look down is too risky specially in a heated situation like this.

This is pretty standard fare, actually. Unless you raise your DR enough on your first race to get kicked into the next split (which is universally unlikely), or enough people in higher splits were satisfied with their score and decided not to give it another go - thus opening up potential spots for you and others to get into (generally speaking, this is also unlikely)

…usually the points haul for your lobbies will decrease throughout the day
Interesting. I see why that would be the case. At least fun was had (for me, at least)!

let’s get rid of some steam here, maybe I feel better :)
Did some practice yesterday and today, a 1:53:5 put me in the top 500, then 600 and later top 700. Never have been so high up, so I was quite optimistic. I managed to drive several .53.xx so my pace should be decent.

GT1, mid A/S
Race 1:
Q8, only managed a 1.54.2, Q3 was only .2s ahead though. Managed to get to P6 early on, then one Italian in front of me decided to break way too hard for the bus stop, I try to avoid him and crash my car. While trying to get back on the track, I did not really pay attention to traffic behind and one guy crashed into me (my fault obviously). P15

Race 2:
Q3, now I found my pace, super optimistic again, I could literally smell a successful race here….
Race starts I cut the bus stop too hard, 1s penalty, down to P5, meh. I chase him and after T1 we are side by side uphill on the long straight and I touch the curbs a little bit too hard. Spinning, heavy damage, P12 at the end

Race 3:
Wife already pissed that I race again, I am pissed as well, but couldn’t accept my failure.
Qualifying a total disaster, couldn’t even get a .54, P12… what's wrong with me?!
In the race was up to P8 after some chaos, get hit, back to P13, very tight racing and then before T1 I crash from behind into one driver (he was breaking too early imo, but anyway, my fault) I basically took him out and give him P14 and have to accept my total failure P15. What a day. 13% DR down the drain, and having a very bad mood… it couldn’t have been worse

Please give me longer races again and modern cars :) and maybe some rain!

Goodnight

Last edited:
let’s get rid of some steam here, maybe I feel better :)
Did some practice yesterday and today, a 1:53:5 put me in the top 500, then 600 and later top 700. Never have been so high up, so I was quite optimistic. I managed to drive several .53.xx so my pace should be decent.

GT1, mid A/S
Race 1:
Q8, only managed a 1.54.2, Q3 was only .2s ahead though. Managed to get to P6 early on, then one Italian in front of me decided to break way too hard for the bus stop, I try to avoid him and crash my car. While trying to get back on the track, I did not really pay attention to traffic behind and one guy crashed into me (my fault obviously). P15

Race 2:
Q3, now I found my pace, super optimistic again, I could literally smell a successful race here….
Race starts I cut the bus stop too hard, 1s penalty, down to P5, meh. I chase him and after T1 we are side by side uphill on the long straight and I touch the curbs a little bit too hard. Spinning, heavy damage, P12 at the end

Race 3:
Wife already pissed that I race again, I am pissed as well, but couldn’t accept my failure.
Qualifying a total disaster, couldn’t even get a .54, P12… what's wrong with me?!
In the race was up to P8 after some chaos, get hit, back to P13, very tight racing and then before T1 I crash from behind into one driver (he was breaking too early imo, but anyway, my fault) I basically took him out and give him P14 and have to accept my total failure P15. What a day. 13% DR down the drain, and having a very bad mood… it couldn’t have been worse

Please give me longer races again and modern cars :) and maybe some rain!

Goodnight
Hey! I was in your race 2 & 3, #2 was a complete disaster for me too since I stacked it over the bus stop lap 1, damage, P14.

Sorry to hear about the issues but there's always next time, we don't need to ace every round with only the 3(?) best counting :)

I was surprised to find myself in a lobby with only 80 points again, just like in Round 1 at Le Mans. Although I'm only DR mid-B, it was the second time in a row that I saw the lowest ever points at my DR. I never repeat a GTWS event, but the paltry 5-lap race left me wanting to race the RA272 again. The first race was also boring, likely because everyone was far apart in terms of DR. It was a clean race with no contact and no competition between anyone, just like in Round 1 at Le Mans (where my badly botched qualifying still saw me start in second place).

That motivated me to try again. The second lobby had a maximum of 126 points up for grabs. This is exactly what I'm used to! Now I wish I had gone again in Round 1 to be in a lobby with more points and race against folks who are more evenly matched with me. This time, the drivers were actually closely matched.

This was also shaping up to be a clean, non-event until #2 stayed too much on the kerbs at the esses, resulting in this.
1713643658353.png

The aftermath from this little mistake affected half the grid and continued till the bus stop. I had three wheels damaged. Some folks had engine damage. Some even got 4 seconds penalty. :D

But after that, race continued as usual. It was fun to be relentlessly chased (folks ahead of me were not part of the lap-1 massacre and thus were long gone) until the race prematurely ended (no, it did not crash, it was just 5-lapper, you see).
1713644427526.png

Last edited:
EMEA next to the last slot for GT3, Q11 & P7 - had a fun but short race.

First lap, first turn I got punted. This was going to be another one of those races (or so I thought). I made up 4 positions and passed not a single driver. No quits or departures just simple mistakes from lots of people helped me advance.

After reviewing the replay I am calling the T1 punt as an inadvertent racing incident. My braking, him coming in a little hot with a bump in the wrong spot sent me around. It did not look intentional so no hard feelings on my end.

Race video:

Maybe next time we can have a longer race? Not that any GT3 driver would make it to the finals BUT since this IS a qualification race for the finale can we get a race that mistakes are recoverable from?

Enjoy your racing season!

The race is actually a lot easier to be consistent because of the additional fuel weight, IMO. The problem is there isn't enough time to make up a poor qualifying position. I'm still debating whether to race this one or not, without my wheel (on its way back, supposedly!) I don't think I have the qualifying pace.

Hope so....I'm on controller and this damn car is a handful to say the least.

Hope so....I'm on controller and this damn car is a handful to say the least.
I cannot explain why but this car drives better for me on a DS4 than on my Thrustmaster. I naturally want to use the wheel but was lazy Thursday night, wanted to race but not interested in setting up the rig. So I jumped on the controller and dropped a 1:58.726 which was an entire second better than my wheel time. It also was smoother on the acceleration\deceleration on the DS4.

I went with the controller for my races today.

Have a general question, in opening cut scene, why are all the points of light centering upon London England? Shouldn't they center upon the specific track that we would be racing on at this time? Example they should all point to Watkins Glen in NY.

Also I would like unbiased review, I eliminated names so I want to know who do you think is at fault in this incident... please.

Probably not important to a lot of you but every time there are World Series events the daily races suffer in lobby connection quality.

It might be the WS brings out more people but I'd guess it's more throttling on PDs part.
GTWS use the servers but dailies don't.

Have a general question, in opening cut scene, why are all the points of light centering upon London England? Shouldn't they center upon the specific track that we would be racing on at this time? Example they should all point to Watkins Glen in NY.

Also I would like unbiased review, I eliminated names so I want to know who do you think is at fault in this incident... please.

Car in front spun himself out by crossing into the line of the car behind.

Pretty clear cut I'd say? Nothing car behind could've done.

Slot 1 in Oceania. Door 14.

Qualy went ok. Logged a 54.0 on my 5th flying lap for Q5. Pole was a 53.8.

5 laps is short but intense. Very little opportunity for overtaking. P4 got a bit sideways through the bus stop on lap 3 and I managed to stick the move around the outside of the long sweeper! Then spent 2.5 laps on the bumper of the car in front, but despite me having superior pace, he kept his car on the racing line and so overtaking was effectively impossible. Finished p4 for 220 points. It was a really enjoyable race but too short and could have done with a pit strategy to allow changes of position.

And as previously mentioned, these cars are remarkably different with fuel load. Way more stable and easier to keep balanced.

Good luck everyone, make the most of your 10 minute qualifying.
Another great battle mate!

For me, qualified 3rd with a 53.8, less than a tenth off pole. Started well and was in a three way battle for the lead until I ran wide and got dirty tyres, and lost a second to the lead two. Drove conservatively for the remainder and held off Dragline to finish 3rd.

230 points, and a nice bounce back from round 1.

That was such a fun combo. I don’t mind the sprint race, but feel they should have had 2 heats….

Blew a perfectly good opportunity in that one.

First NA GT1 slot. Had pole for a minute with a best ever lap of 1:53.6 for me. Got pipped right at the end of Q'ing by over a 1/2 second. In the race me and 1st pull away a bit off the start. He went wide in the bus stop and I took the lead. Held it for the rest of the 1st lap. Picked up a track limits penalty, then another and had to slow for a full second. Couple mistakes had be falling back to 6th by the finish. Not really sure I want to run that one again....don't think I will.

Another great battle mate!

For me, qualified 3rd with a 53.8, less than a tenth off pole. Started well and was in a three way battle for the lead until I ran wide and got dirty tyres, and lost a second to the lead two. Drove conservatively for the remainder and held off Dragline to finish 3rd.

230 points, and a nice bounce back from round 1.

That was such a fun combo. I don’t mind the sprint race, but feel they should have had 2 heats….
Hey man, I totally forgot that was you in p3. We are having some epic races!

Congratulations, you drove really smart in that one. I kept hoping you’d make another mistake and drift off the line or open a door, but you never did.

I’ll see you in the next round. :cheers:

Back