Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Begins 17 April

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 10,255 comments
I had somehow forgotten about brake balance. Tried GT-One and CLK with +5 BB. This fixed GT-One's understeer into corners. I improved my lap times by 1.5 sec. Fastest lap now 3:41 with most laps being 3.41.xxx. For the CLK, the lap times improved by 0.5 sec with average laps being high 3.42 to low 3.43.

The choice for me is clear. It is GT-One tomorrow where I plan to run both qualifying and race at +5 BB and most likely swap for new tires in the pits.

I had somehow forgotten about brake balance. Tried GT-One and CLK with +5 BB. This fixed GT-One's understeer into corners. I improved my lap times by 1.5 sec. Fastest lap now 3:41 with most laps being 3.41.xxx. For the CLK, the lap times improved by 0.5 sec with average laps being high 3.42 to low 3.43.

The choice for me is clear. It is GT-One tomorrow where I plan to run both qualifying and race at +5 BB and most likely swap for new tires in the pits.
I'm on controller and thrash my tires, but I found the gt-one was drivable without changing. ymmv.

Don't worry, 3:40s are about right for mid A. Le Mans is just one of those tracks where the pros really pull ahead because confidence is everything. The way they carry speed through and exit corners here is wild.

I'm around the A/A+ crossover and my best is a 3:38.2, absolute optimal would barely get into the 3:37s. Looking at the leaderboards, that's in the right range compared to the people I usually get matched up with.
This is reassuring Atleast! Managed to get a 3:39 after many laps but again that was my most optimal lap out of about 50 this evening. I know where I’m losing time, but I also know it’s my skill level that will not allow me to go much further than where I am at now and I was honestly worrying why I felt so off the pace

I think if I can run 3:40-3:42 laps in the race tomorrow and keep out of trouble I might be in with a decent shot of finishing well

I know for a fact that there will be cars every lap overrunning the track at turn 1 through turn 4. Cars will be making trips into gravel at Mulsanne, Indianapolis and through the Porsche curves because for me atleast it’s such a fine line between soft locking up the car and getting the perfect line

So maybe my slower pace will be a benefit, if it is a slower pace. I’ll try resist pushing too hard anyways

Well this is an interesting situation. I'm consistently 1 sec a lap faster in the CLK with a best of 3:38.8 than the GT-One with a best of 3:40.1.

Looks like I'm gonna have to go against the norm in the race because I just can't make this Toyota run. Just did a quick race sim in the CLK, pitted after 5 and took fresh tires but no fuel needed. Couple mistakes here and there but managed a 37:23 race time. Tomorrow I'll try and test a race sim in the GT-One and see how it stacks up for me and decide tomorrow.

Last edited:
So just ran slot 2 in GT2. 1 lone driver in thr CLK and the rest of us in Toyotas. Granted he is lightning fast in that thing. Got a penalty on my q lap so started p5. Got bumped into the first chicane lap 1 so tried the standard cut. Yeah, so that failed. Dirty tyres and cold tyres means donuts despite already being under full power for a little bit. Rear just cut loose, dropping me 16 seconds behind the leaders.

From there I had some good racing combined with a comedy of errors. Just losing the rear even when gradual on the throttle. Another driver who usually would have been near the front of this pack with me was having the same type of race but we had good battles through the laps. Pitted end of lap 3 and tyres were still fine to the end.
Short shifted a few sections on 3 or 4 laps and had plenty of fuel to finish. CLK driver had plenty of speed as he normally does but he ran out of fuel halfway through lap 10 and I managed to beat him.

Now to try again without looking like I've been drinking.

Last edited:
So just ran slot 2 in GT2. 1 lone driver in thr CLK and the rest of us in Toyotas. Granted he is lightning fast in that thing. Got a penalty on my q lap so started p5. Got bumped into the first chicane lap 1 so tried the standard cut. Yeah, so that failed. Dirty tyres and cold tyres means donuts despite already being under full power for a little bit. Rear just cut loose, dropping me 16 seconds behind the leaders.

From there I had some good racing combined with a comedy of errors. Just losing the rear even when gradual on the throttle. Another driver who usually would have been near the front of this pack with me was having the same type of race but we had good battles through the laps. Pitted end of lap 3 and tyres were still fine to the end.
Short shifted a few sections on 3 or 4 laps and had plenty of fuel to finish. CLK driver had plenty of speed as he normally does but he ran out of fuel halfway through lap 10 and I managed to beat him.

Now to try again without looking like I've been drinking.
So no rain? Damn 😂

That the CLK ran out of fuel is good to know. Gotta add some when I pit then just to be safe.

Last edited:
I'll go with the Toyota, wasn't a hard choice while it's the only Gr. 2 car i own :D
Did some training laps yesterday and ... those track limits drive me mad! Especially at "Indianapolis".
Ended up with a 3:41. Not too bad, but what realy worrys me is my inconsitancy. I always find new lines thru almost every corner. But maybe that's a way to confuse the other drivers to my advantage ... :lol:

Did a GT2 slot earlier, P1 was rapid with a 3:38, I managed a low 3.42 (bit off my practice time) which was good for P3. I decided to do my pit stop at the end of lap 9 so I could keep the clean air, as my main rival (player who started P2, similar pace as me) was seemingly on dial up so I needed him out of the way. He pitted on lap 6 and obviously took tires because I came out 6 seconds in front of him and finished P2.

Decided to run a second slot and hope I looked remotely competent. Got a slightly weaker lobby than the previous one and was door 1 instead of door 2. Managed to avoid a penalty on my qualifying lap but played it safe. Started p2.

P1 wiggled in the chicane and bumped me wide dropping me to p3 at the start. But then the guy ahead missed the first chicane and I got through. Then at Mulsanne the leader ran clean off. I slotted through and ran for the hills. Steadily pushing to manage to win by 10 seconds. Had a few wiggles and squirms as this car still likes to bite back, but all together a much better race.

Good luck all and mind the track limits

First race, GT2, Door #10, 61 points for the win.

Was very surprised to get P2 in the qualy.

18eebb45cfc70-screenshotUrl.jpg

Race was ok but the pace was really weak. My best lap in the race was a high 3:42... Almost 2s off my best time in training.

The speed of the Toyotas on the straight is just crazy. Was really hard to make up enough time after Indianapolis to stay ahead on the straits.

The guy in first was ridiculousy fast. He was between 4 to 5s per lap faster then the rest.

Overall I'm happy with the second place-

18eebb47c6b74-screenshotUrl.jpg

Just had a really fun race. Qualified 3rd, a low 3.42, 1.1s off pole. Not my best lap, as was hitting mid 3.40s in practice, but more than happy at that stage.

Ran first briefly before what I can call 'a gentleman's nudge' on lap 2 sent me annoyingly back to 4th. Was running really closely with 2nd and 3rd until the pits. Was 3rd after it all settled down, ended up getting the 2nd placed guy on the penaltimate lap as he went very wide into the tight right hander at the end of the mulsanne when I was about a second behind him.

Ended up finishing 2nd, 115 points, also a fastest lap for me with a 3.39.8ish. Haven't got time for another race today, that was hard work!!!! Happy with the 115 points. Never had so many before thanks to poor lobbies I guess! But that today was one of my fave races as it was really close, and, for the most part, fair racing. Also this was only my 2nd ever official race using manual gears (after the cappuccino Michelin raceway race a while ago)!

18eebbf10bb96-screenshotUrl.jpg

18eebbf2f9b86-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:
Final Oceania GT1 slot. Toyota GT One, door 14 in top split.

Managed a solid but not spectacular 38.1 for qualy. Good enough for Q7.

Survived the start and the Hunadieres chicanes first time through. Heading into Indianapolis the first time the two cars behind me caught up under the slip and as we approached the braking zone we were 3 wide. I lifted and braked early but the other two stayed two wide. They came together trying to brake into the left hander and I had to take evasive action as they ran off. Net result was I passed both of them, but got passed by the two cars behind. Still p7.

Ran p7 for another two laps until I lost the rear in Indianapolis and tapped the wall. Damage and two places lost. Pitted immediately, changed tyres, no fuel, 4 seconds to repair damage and rejoined still in p9 but very quickly lost another place.

Head down, 5 solid laps (best being a high 38) and then things really started to unfold. Lap 8 and p5 spins and I get free place. Later in the lap p7 starts to sink like a stone and I get him in lap 9. Lap 10 and p4 spins and hits a wall. I eventually get him exiting out of Mulsanne. Entering Porsche for the last time and p6 in front of me has destroyed his tyres. I make up 3 seconds between the first of the Porsche curves and the line but finish just over a second behind p6.

226 points is a much better result than I expected and a really fun race . Good luck to all who brave the circuit.

I finally figured out yesterday that the GT-One is faster on the straights when you rev it out. I got my FP time down to 3:40.1 with an optimal time in the high 3:38s, IIRC, so maybe there is still room to improve there. I'm still only hitting 3:42s in the custom races I've been doing for practice, though. Not sure what that will mean for the race. Suppose I'll find out soon enough.

I'm planning to race the first GT1 slot in North America later today. Hoping I might see some of you there.

For everybody who has yet race, best of luck!

Last edited:
No testing whatsoever before the race, just managed to run an hour of free practice laps to get accustomed to the circuit as I know the car pretty well having done hundreds of laps with it in the recent Fuji time trial.
Managed 3:40.1 in free running, but 39 was on the cards there.

EMEA GT2 lowish B/S (about 1/5 of the bar), noon slot, 83 points lobby, door 13.

Before the race I entered free practice, went into pits and paused, waiting for the countdown clock to get into 7 minutes. Then I simulated quali practice and soon enough I knew there will be only one quali lap for everybody.
So in the quali I waited in the pits until everyone got out, around 5:15 to go I exited and had pretty empty track ahead.
Warmed up already I managed pretty solid laptime of 40.4 which was enough for P1!
GTWS24-Nations1-quali.jpg

Started ok, but I missed the braking point for Tertre Rouge, ran wide and earned 0.5sec penalty.
GTWS24-Nations1-lap1eror.jpg

That was the only error I made as it turned out.
Got overtaken by French Toyota on the straight, but regained my position in the first chicane.
The French was close (around 1 second) for a few laps. He was faster in Tertre Rouge (I played it safe in this corner after lap 1) and the final sector of the track. I gained in chicanes, Mulsanne, Indianapolis, Arnage which was good enough to keep my position.
On lap 5 he made some mistakes and I was 4 seconds ahead and basically that was it.
There was also the Hungarian Toyota who started far away back (probably some mistakes in the quali), but had super pace and a fastest lap of 39, they were gaining fast until P3. They (France and Hungary) pitted on lap 6, I pitted on lap 7 - changed tires, because my left rear would be totally worn by the end of the race and that would be too much risk for a few seconds.
I had about 5 seconds advantage after pit stop and brought it safely home.
GTWS24-Nations1-result.jpg

So, a win and 83 points in my first try is great and I'm happy I didn't have to re-run this race, although I must say it was fun to run away with this. Some tension, yes, but no stress of having to defend and fight.

GTWS24-Nations1-victory.jpg

GT2 B - I did the race 2 times , technically 3 but 2nd time server died lol

First race qualified P9 and ended in P10 due of track limits :D

Second race - during qually server died well that was fun to wait another hour to race

Third race qualified P10 and ended in P7 - much better race without any problems

it was quite fun to drive , have fun out there 👍

Last edited:
I have no imagination and no money so I did this in the 2016 GT-R. Started and finished 8th with a time of around 38:30. I had a massive advantage in corners and got left behind everywhere else. My SR went down while almost everyone else's went up, I forgot that was a thing. I spent half the race trying to remember what Arnage was called.

Do you still get DR resets based on your SR? I know I'm in GT2 and can't get out of that, but generally?

I have no imagination and no money so I did this in the 2016 GT-R. Started and finished 8th with a time of around 38:30. I had a massive advantage in corners and got left behind everywhere else. My SR went down while almost everyone else's went up, I forgot that was a thing. I spent half the race trying to remember what Arnage was called.

Do you still get DR resets based on your SR? I know I'm in GT2 and can't get out of that, but generally?
You can rent cars for the race.

Yes.

Today was a decent start to Round 1 of the GT NATIONS CUP 2024!

So far I have done the race twice, the first time was a chaotic trainwreck but I did good overall, helped me get my bearing for the second time round I raced. I only managed 6th after sum "argy bargy" in the earlier laps.

The second race was where I shone, landed pole positon in the Race that I was in with a quickish 3:43. Leaded early until I made a few mistakes of the later corners. Then a german douchebag called "Rabenmund" tried to ram me on 3rd lap down the straight against Bare---R and suceeded to slow me down as I was catching him on the long straights. Overall I was chasing P1 & 2 most of the race, after being shunted but acheived 3rd place which was stlll good imo.

Enjoy the pics and I look forward to Round 2 with the calssic HONDA RA272 that will be very crazy and fun!

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240417160048.jpg
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240417114034.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240417155629.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240417155648.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240417151532.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240417151350.jpg

Last edited:
I hope everyone has had a good day of racing today.

I was initially put off as my first lap was a 3.46 or something, 13 seconds off the top of the leader board. But eventually got it down to a 3.40 consistently (aside from a one lap qualy) and it wasn't as horrific when it came to racing - guess a lot on the leader board are A rated so in a different league. That's one thing - would like to see a segmented leader board split between A and B (and C if there's a C)

Well this is an interesting situation. I'm consistently 1 sec a lap faster in the CLK with a best of 3:38.8 than the GT-One with a best of 3:40.1.

Looks like I'm gonna have to go against the norm in the race because I just can't make this Toyota run. Just did a quick race sim in the CLK, pitted after 5 and took fresh tires but no fuel needed. Couple mistakes here and there but managed a 37:23 race time. Tomorrow I'll try and test a race sim in the GT-One and see how it stacks up for me and decide tomorrow.

Well, scratch that strategy. Just did a race sim in the GT-One and I was a full 10 seconds faster over race distance. I might be faster initially in qualifying with the CLK, but overall it won't be worth it in the end.

Both runs were the exact same....5 laps, pit for fresh tires, fuel was not needed....no fuel savings were needed for either, not the way I was driving anyway.

Last edited:
Well, scratch that strategy. Just did a race sim in the GT-One and I was a full 10 seconds faster over race distance. I might be faster initially in qualifying with the CLK, but overall it won't be worth it in the end.
I found the CLK much nicer to drive and less drama, but on the straights the GT-One was just too quick to not use. For such a power track it was a no brainer unfortunately, worth the risk at corner exit

Just raced in the GT-One. I was returning to GTWS after a gap of around 8 months. I was giddy with excitement and was also nervous, nervous enough that I botched my qualifying but I still started 2nd. Maximum 80 points to earn in this GT2 race.

But when race started, it was just ... boring. Clean start. Zero contact. Finished 2nd as well with folks spread like 10 seconds each apart at the end. I don't want to complain but the 20-lap Spa Daily Race was much longer than this and felt more like GTWS than this. I also realize that GT2 did not get the same race distance as the GT1. It is GT1 who are getting GT2 race distance. A bit underwhelming experience overall.

I had weirdly different experience than most folks on this thread:
1. I had 1.0 lap of fuel left by end even without refueling. I use AT though.
2. I was planning to skip tire change but after lap 5, I started losing 2 seconds then 3-4 seconds so I had to swap for fresh tires at end of lap 7. Due to the sub-optimal pit strategy, I ended up getting the fastest lap.

Last edited:
Just did the race on my alt account with the Toyota and boy is that thing fast. Was so much faster in total.

Started on P1 and finished P1 with a lead of 22s.

The CLK is so much easier to drive for me but with break bias to -5 the understear from the Toyota is almost completly gone. Drove with TC1 so no problems at corner exits really.

If I wasn't so tired I would run the race on my main again with the Toyota 🙈 🙈

edit: weirdly enough there were 5 2016 GTR's in the race and they were all in the top 10. 2 in the Top5

edit 2: +5 brake bias 😂

Last edited:
with break bias to -5 the understear from the Toyota is almost completly gone.
:eek:
But -5 means you should be in the world of understeer!

I drove the race with +5 and it solved understeer for me. The tires also wore out uniformly indicating that I was not scrubbing my front tires excessively by understeering everywhere. Someone please correct me if I wrote anything wrong. :)

:eek:
But -5 means you should be in the world of understeer!

I drove the race with +5 and it solved understeer for me. The tires also wore out uniformly indicating that I was not scrubbing my front tires excessively by understeering everywhere. Someone please correct me if I wrote anything wrong. :)
Sorry all the way to the back 😂 +5 🤦‍♂️

Back