Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Begins 17 April

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 10,255 comments
I don't know why I bother with these.

A lobby but I'm one of only 3 with an SR S.

Qualifying is a shambles, the race well let's say was interesting to the point I quit. I understand a bit of tapping and banging and squeezing but what I don't understand is being hit at 160mph in to one of the slowest corners in the game. Sigh.

I don't know why I bother with these.

A lobby but I'm one of only 3 with an SR S.

Qualifying is a shambles, the race well let's say was interesting to the point I quit. I understand a bit of tapping and banging and squeezing but what I don't understand is being hit at 160mph in to one of the slowest corners in the game. Sigh.
I've never understood why people go into a braking zone right behind (like right behind) someone else. It's weird and makes zero sense. Sorry you've had that buddy.

Last edited:
Le Mans race report:

On the matchmaking screen, I saw 14 Toyota GT-Ones, 1 CLK, and me in the '08 GT-R. I chose that car because I hated the handling of the GT One.
There were 3 DR As, and 13 Bs.
In qualifying, I got a penalty right at the end of my out lap. I restarted, but ran out of time to set a lap time.
So, I started 13th, with no Q time.
I beat the Toyotas in every single turn, and could hang with them pretty well in the slipstream.

Ultimately, I moved up 8 spots for a 5th place finish.

So, I would say that if you also feel uncomfortable with the way the GT One drives, you don't need to use it to be competitive.
There are other viable options that will do better in certain areas. 👍

Can I please ask. I'd like to see a lot of you on my friends list as you're all active. And also good for challenging myself in the licences and track experience etc.... So If you can add ElectricNaz I'd be so grateful. If this is the wrong thread I apologise tried a thread search and stupidly just posted in the forza thread haha x

Last edited:

An absolutely stacked grid with many famous names. Much closer fight than my mid DR-B race. Weird to see ghosting in S/A+ lobby. They all pit at end of lap 5 to change to fresh tires.

Edit: Pole lap was 3:33.8 :odd:
Fastest lap so far (currently at lap 9) is 3:34.0 :eek:
DigitGaming is also using +5 BB.

Last edited:
Just did the race on my alt account with the Toyota and boy is that thing fast. Was so much faster in total.

Started on P1 and finished P1 with a lead of 22s.

The CLK is so much easier to drive for me but with break bias to -5 the understear from the Toyota is almost completly gone. Drove with TC1 so no problems at corner exits really.

If I wasn't so tired I would run the race on my main again with the Toyota 🙈 🙈

edit: weirdly enough there were 5 2016 GTR's in the race and they were all in the top 10. 2 in the Top5

edit 2: +5 brake bias 😂

It would seem I was doing something wrong with the GT-One.....just went back for some more TT practice and now I'm well under my previous best laptime in the CLK....so that's that I suppose.

It would seem I was doing something wrong with the GT-One.....just went back for some more TT practice and now I'm well under my previous best laptime in the CLK....so that's that I suppose.
The first laps were bad for me but after 3 laps or so I was getting faster and faster. Probably takes some time to get used to but then it's really strong.

The first laps were bad for me but after 3 laps or so I was getting faster and faster. Probably takes some time to get used to but then it's really strong.

My guess is I wasn't revving it out sufficiently before upshift. This will likely chew up some more fuel and I might have to splash some extra in the race....I guess we'll see.

GT2 DRB.

10 laps at Le mans. Everyone goes at it like a 4 lap sprint in Daily Race B on lap one. Of course they do. Everyone's braking points were wildly different, even in the same car.

Started 8th finished 9th. I'll take it.

I didn't find the GTone a nice car to drive.

Glad its over and hope Watkins is better at weekend, however taking into account the car and the nature of driving standards i will be surprised if it is.

I managed to talk myself into using the GT-One even though I'm bad with it, and I really shouldn't have. Two attempts, one crash at Indianapolis, one spin at the exit of the first chicane, and a nice 0 points for me to start the season with.

I like both the RA272 and Watkins a lot more, so better times ahead hopefully.

A solid race but could have been better.

A penalty at Tertre Rouge on my qualy lap probably cost me a second to a second and a half. I was P9 on the grid and even if I added a second and a half I would still have only got 8th or 7th on the grid. But at least I knew I was quicker than my qualy pace suggested.
Lap 1 and everyone survives the melee into Dunlop. I have to slow and loose a place to a 16 Lexus. I get them back on the straight though. A few people have penalties and there is a bit of a ding dong ahead if the puffs of smoke are anything to go by. I keep up on the straight but there are no good opportunists especially when they can be 3 wide into corners. With a couple of switcheroos back and forth including penalties I am 7th coming onto lap 4. A Swiss driver I had just overtaken dives me at Arnage and pushes me wide. I decided to pit this lap to get out of the battling traffic. A Portuguese driver also does this. I come out at the back of the pack with the next driver just ahead. I catch them throughout the lap and as they run wide through Corvette I pass them through Maison Blanche. The Swiss driver had pitted and I just get ahead of them. They close as I had a bad run through Dunlop but they mess up Tertre Rouge and I pull a decent lead and I am also on the back of the Portuguese driver. However on lap 6 they run wide on the run to Tertre Rouge and like a muppet I follow. :banghead:
9d3ee3dd58c164f91f1da6223cc220bb_photo.webp

This allows the Swiss driver back on my tail. We have a decent battle across the straights until Indy.
They get alongside before the kink. I back out early as it is not a place to go 2 wide and they brake. As I lift this meant they got a hit and sail into the wall. For me this was akin to a brake check even if they did not mean it. You don't brake as heavy as they did there. In my view it was entirely their own fault.

That was it for the rest of the race and I come home P7.

I just wanted to share with you guys my latest achievement and one I'm very proud of. Started GT7 last November , and have been quite fond of the competitive scene it has. I've been climbing through the ranks and currently I'm A/S with 180 races under the bonnet.

This nations is my first ever GT1 season and it started of with a win.

P3 in quali with a 1.41 behind a french and an English driver. Door #12 , my lucky number 😀

Around lap2 I manage to take the lead down into the second chicane.

18eed53094843-screenshotUrl.jpg

From here it was my race to lose. I had a constant pace of 1.40 the whole race and the guy behind lost a couple of places , and I was now ahead of a Frenchman who started P9. He had more pace than me clocking the last 3 laps at 1.39 at this point. I had to keep it together for the final two laps.

He was catching quickly but managed to grab some penalties along the way. He passed me in the final lap but had 2secs penalty so I did not fight it. Leaving Daytona he stopped for the penalty and I blasted by for the win. 15th career win and at nations in GT1.

18eed53094896-screenshotUrl.jpg

I was not the fastest but I was the cleanest and got no penalties the whole race. What a great feeling it was to hold it together for the 10 laps and bringing home the win.

If you made it this far, I thank you for the read and hope everyone has great races.

18eed53094838-screenshotUrl.jpg

See you around Watkins.

I found the CLK much nicer to drive and less drama, but on the straights the GT-One was just too quick to not use. For such a power track it was a no brainer unfortunately, worth the risk at corner exit
I'm not ashamed to admit that I drive the GT-One with TC 1 for most of the race to avoid any drama a corner exit. I usually bump that up to 2 on lap 8 of a no-tire-change strategy. It might be costing me a little time on the occasional corner when it activates, but I'd rather that than driving the car into a wall.

In my view it was entirely their own fault.
Lol, this panic braking by the other driver. I can totally imagine his thought process. Slipstream is allowing him to gain on you but he needs to lift and completely back off. There's no way past you even if he gets his nose ahead of you there. But he decided to take the risk anyway. As the corner approaches closer, he starts getting scared and starts moving to the outside hoping you will disappear or something. You obviously can't disappear. Contact happens. Now he is stuck in the inside lane with the car pointing slightly away from the corner and carrying too much speed. He is not gonna make the corner even if he lifts or taps the brake. Cue full braking!

My guess is I wasn't revving it out sufficiently before upshift. This will likely chew up some more fuel and I might have to splash some extra in the race....I guess we'll see.
With the GT One I revved up and had to grab about half a lap of fuel in the pits to be safe. Probably didn't need it but not taking that risk in my one race of the day!

Last edited:
Of all the classic tracks le mans is the biggest slog.

8pm A/s lobby cusp of A plus.

Get damage from another car in qualy, not my fault. Start 15 th no problem can recover long race.

Goes to plan, up to 8th by lap 7 and catching.

Car in front spins, fantastic.

Unghosts whilst I'm 3/4 of the way through. Spin and then damage.

Feels horribly unfair. No one's fault but the game :( happened to anyone else?

Here was my 2nd attempt.
Obviously I was hoping to establish a qualifying lap this time, so I wouldn't have to start at the back again.
I did fairly well, and was sitting in P2, waiting for the others to finish, and then.................

My damn internet shut down.
Mad Come On GIF by UEFA

Gonna try again. Starting in 3 minutes. 🤞

Last edited:
GT2 Driver high B/low A/ S safety. Gt one TC1 CSA strong
Having only done a handful of practice laps yesterday with a best time around 3:42.

Race 1
Having done no warm up laps, I quali p11ish with 3:46 time. Race was not very good. Some bad driving by myself and damage. I used it to get better practice.

Race 2
My DR and SR went down from last race so I was in all B lobby. I quali p2 with 3:40ish 1.5 second behind P1.
P1 spins out on lap 2 and quits out. I finish P1 worth 91 points. I know I have some pace now and will hope race 3 is worth more points.

IMG_2642.jpeg
IMG_2641.jpeg
IMG_2639.jpeg

Race 3
Better lobby worth 139 points. I quali p1 with 3:39.195.
I survive the first corner and there is fighting behind me on back straight and I am able to pull away. Smooth race for me with minimal errors. Race was a time trail for me, which is when I do best.

IMG_2638.jpeg

IMG_2637.jpeg

IMG_2636.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2635.jpeg
    IMG_2635.jpeg
    157.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Once again, I absolutely despise racing on this track.

First attempt ended up in a much lower lobby than I'm used to (likely because my SR was not at full after the disaster I had in the last race I did), and put it on pole. When the race started, the car just refused to stop going into the first chicane, so I ended up bailing out and cutting it for a penalty.

Then heading towards Tertre Rouge, the car just spun on me in the left-hander. I don't know where that came from, it's never done anything like that during practice. Right to the back with damage, then pit at the end of lap 2 to repair after seeing the horrendous time loss I was suffering. I ended up recovering to P7, but that was still a DR loss.

Just had my second attempt and AAARGHH. Qualified P4 in a lobby that's more like the strength I'm used to and severely struggled in the dirty air. I think this is why I hate Le Mans so much. The cars they make us run here are so sensitive to downforce loss and the whole thing is one big slipstream fiesta down the Mulsanne with the car feeling utterly horrendous everywhere else. It never feels "normal".

I almost binned it after a German bumpdrafted me down the first stretch of the Mulsanne whilst I was under slipstream. That's the absolute worst possible thing you can do to me as a VR player because the GT-One has no speed gauge! I have NO idea how fast I'm going. I even tried to brake earlier to compensate but it wasn't enough. On watching the replay, it pushed me from 196mph to 203mph.

I somehow managed to hold on in P6, but then the kerb at the final chicane decided to grab the car and murder me out of nowhere at the end of lap 9. Ended up P9 instead.

I'm going to go again, but I'm not going to be surprised if I end up raging again. This is just so frustrating. :indiff:

First race in GT1, and i dont know why but this race just felt completely different to GT2. I think it was the fact in quali you have tyre wear and then in the race you get heavy damage too, that i took a totally different approach into this round.

So i started off by doing no practice for this event apart from the TT laps. Just didnt feel this race at all. The Toyota just felt sluggish and in the corners i was losing so much time to others.

So only doing the 1 race and had to opt for the 8pm UK (6pm is just an really awkward time, and 10pm is just too late) Top points were 156, so not much better then top split GT2. I was door number 12

Quali - out lap i drove fairly conservative to save the tyres, and the final sector i drove the car hard to get the heat in. My lap was ok. 3.41.0 and put me on P5 to my surprise.

Race - so I decided on the lap 5 pit and swap tyre option. Lap 1 and i get through sectors 1, 2 & 3 fine. Everyone playing it safe. Then in the middle sector on the Mulsanne this where everything went down hill. I looked up the inside on a car, while also protecting myself from a pass from behind, i end up making small contact with the car ahead, but the car behind rear end me i get rear bumper damage. Great 2 mins in to my debut GT1 race and damage!! Lap 2 i go a top it off a get front end damage. My pace at this point is awful. 10 seconds of P1 times. End of lap 4 im in P12 decide to pit early. Take new tyres and fix the damage. I manage to make good progress and do a few quick laps. 3.41s. Im challenging a few early stoppers and it clear there tyres are now fading, P7 is only 10 seconds ahead. Lap 7 i pick up a penalty in the Porsche Curves, and then in to the first chance i go deep, and spin the car. Lap 10 im closing in on the pack, and a few have a incident which clearly damages there car as they slow, but as i get to the Porsche Curvers and Ford Chicanes, im unable to make a pass.

P12 on my first race and 86 points i think.
Overall a good combo i think ruined by the car. I know some people will like this car, but for me, not a fan.

The only other nations round ill be doing is Daytona, not a big fan of the other races. Focusing more on Manufacturers Series as that for me is the best part of this game

Last edited:
Back