Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Begins 17 April

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 10,467 comments
They pretty much have to do Nurb in GTWS since it’s difficult to squeeze in Daily races. I think everyone expects it at this point.
Well technically that not so much true anymore now that they have started putting the odd 40 min race in as Daily Race C. The N24 would be the perfect candidate for one of these longer format daily races. Plus it then gives people the chance to race it multiple times instead of only 3 times!

I'm thinking of signing with Mclaren. Most of the tracks require a car with good rotation and stability. Daytona RC won't be a problem because I have the F1 GTR and that will be my ACE card for that particular round where the 650s may be left lacking.
Can u use different cars for manu?

For those of you complaining about re-usage of tracks, which tracks would you like used instead? Maggiore, St Croix, Tokyo, Blue Moon Bay? Ugh, no thank you. The current track roster suits.
Haha are you kidding?!?
I'd love any 4 of those circuits to come up in the GTWS over the rinse and repeat combos we are getting lately. Those are some great tracks that are criminally underutilized (well except for Maggiore:lol:).

Can u use different cars for manu?
Yes. Just keep in mind you'll have to own some of them. Meaning, when you sign you're given ONE Gr3 and ONE Gr4 (if applicable). So, if you want to use a different car of said manu, you'll have to own it.

You sign with Ford you're temporarily given a Gr3 GT 18 to use for the season. If you want to use the Gr3 GT LM II you have to own it.

Yes. Just keep in mind you'll have to own some of them. Meaning, when you sign you're given ONE Gr3 and ONE Gr4 (if applicable). So, if you want to use a different car of said manu, you'll have to own it.

You sign with Ford you're temporarily given a Gr3 GT 18 to use for the season. If you want to use the Gr3 GT LM II you have to own it.
Aight. Always questioned how that would work. Since not all cars from one manu are listed when you choose, but thanks for the clarification.

Patch 1.46 has introduced a major bug making it possible to bypass event restrictions and change car setups when they should be locked, including in Sport mode. https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt7/news/00_8730173

Unless Polyphony pull an all-nighter to find the problem and rush out an emergency patch to fix it, I wonder what that's going to mean for the Nations and Toyota rounds this weekend. Of all the times for something like this to occur, the official season is pretty much worst case scenario!
🤔I wonder if they will postpone this weekends events. Wouldn't be the first time they have done it. I seem to remember this happening once or twice before I just can't remember when

Patch 1.46 has introduced a major bug making it possible to bypass event restrictions and change car setups when they should be locked, including in Sport mode. https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt7/news/00_8730173

Unless Polyphony pull an all-nighter to find the problem and rush out an emergency patch to fix it, I wonder what that's going to mean for the Nations and Toyota rounds this weekend. Of all the times for something like this to occur, the official season is pretty much worst case scenario!
I honestly hope they do not fix it.

Having open set ups is the way the game should be played. There is no way to tune for the toyota cup. nations though there is.

Last edited:
Halfway through the season, the live Nations finalists look like this (for Bonelli, pending decision regarding cross-region smurfing allegations):

EDIT: If Bonelli gets disqualified for that reason, Fraga would take his spot. Cutline is currently otherwise -43 points.
1714130829164.png

Last edited:

Looks like they've found a workaround, I just went to practice and it won't let me run my own car. At least we won't be in identical cars as there is a big choice of liveries, I hope I can found one that's not as bad as the default one that makes an ugly car even uglier.

Last edited:

Does anybody else find it curious that an update that only added some new cars, extra menu books, and events had changes to the logic for checking race restrictions? I wonder what PD is up to.
The whole season is a bummer. Only 6 rounds each and most of them are duplicates anyway. I don't know anyone that isn't disappointed in some regard. Feels like they've proper phoned it in.
If they offer good racing, I'm not too bothered by duplicates. But with two of the six races being no-pit sprints, I'm finding it hard to get excited about this season. Looking at the race settings for the other races, it doesn't look like there will be much variation in race strategies for those, either, unless they do something with weather.

On the other hand, I've had some of my most fun races in events I wasn't expecting to enjoy, so I'm trying to keep an open mind.

I just went to practice and it won't let me run my own car.
Noooooo! The only reason I was taking part in this round was because of the livery I was using. I have never touched Lago Maggiore in a Sport event and I was taking part this time only because of an awesome livery I found. A concept/technically-VGT/fake car, now without our liveries, and on a fake-err-original track. No bueno for me!

I hope they can fix this before the Gazoo racing. That BRZ/GT86 is horrid to look at without liveries.
1714131971805.png

Last edited:
Looks like they've found a workaround, I just went to practice and it won't let me run my own car. At least we won't be in identical cars as there is a big choice of liveries, I hope I can found one that's not as bad as the default one that makes an ugly car even uglier.
I'm sorry but what do you mean by this?
I just tried to enter practice for the TGR cup and Daily B and C and it let me use my own car.

Noooooo! The only reason I was taking part in this round was because of the livery I was using. I have never touched Lago Maggiore in a Sport event and I was taking part this time only because of an awesome livery I found. A concept/technically-VGT/fake car, now without our liveries, and on a fake-err-original track. No bueno for me!

I hope they can fix this before the Gazoo racing. That BRZ/GT86 is horrid to look at without liveries.
View attachment 1350359
there was no way to tune your Gr86......

I just tried all three and you can still run your own car.

I can still run my own car with the tuning glitch in Nations cup as of 9:29am EST

1714138173668.png

Last edited:
Cool, so now all the cars are going to look exactly the same driving around... at least for the next two. Guess there are some different colors for the RB car but still lame. That makes for good viewing. Thanks, Kaz.

Last edited:
Jeez! Too bad official posts don't allow reaction. Would have used poop emoji for first time. So freaking lame!!

Btw I can still join the Nations round for practice with my own car and with it tuned. Would be funny if PD fumbled further and could not manage to disallow garage cars.

One of the things I enjoy the most is how in Nations/Manufacturers all the grid, hopefully with original liveries, is shown before the race (although I think it should be shown in reverse order). Now all the cars will look the same. :(

Feels like all i do is moan haha but its just so disappointing that they have made the official season so short and again put in the same old tracks. Would have put my mortgage on Nords, Suzuka and Fuji. They even went out of their way to do a promo video bigging up the incoming season to then just give you 2.5 weeks of mostly 1x Hard tire daily race style sprint races. Can't really say its a championship to reward the top drivers who've worked hard through a number of strategic races. More like a championship to reward those that are best at Qualy as you won't get much chance to work you're way forward in those short races! :lol:

4 weeks from now and it'll all be over until Autumn at the earliest!

That said, being positive, i may still try and do a couple of races. Unlikely i'll do 3 to get the max points, but may try Interlagos and Daytona. Majority of cars that are good at Interlagos are not very good at Daytona so will be a tough choice for Manufacturer! May finally re-sign for my favourite GT3 car in the game. (@GTWolverine knows who i mean ;))

I’m in the same boat. The tracks and multipliers don’t even bother me that much as the short race lengths do. Hell, I’ll even give them a pass with GT1 being all Gr.3 again (🙄) being that the BOP is pretty friggin good now. I miiiiiiiiiight even be able to give them a pass with a short 6 race season, had they not decided to cram it down our throats in 2 weeks - OR…..OR….IF….the live event “Group Races” became normal rounds for us the weekend after, giving us a 10-round season. They’ve already done the coding, I don’t see why not.

I dunno, it just seems like these stupidly short seasons are more for PD being able to write-off the promotional, facility rental, and player costs before the end of the fiscal year - then it is about giving the player a memorable experience.

Last edited:
Feels like all i do is moan haha but its just so disappointing that they have made the official season so short and again put in the same old tracks. Would have put my mortgage on Nords, Suzuka and Fuji. They even went out of their way to do a promo video bigging up the incoming season to then just give you 2.5 weeks of mostly 1x Hard tire daily race style sprint races. Can't really say its a championship to reward the top drivers who've worked hard through a number of strategic races. More like a championship to reward those that are best at Qualy as you won't get much chance to work you're way forward in those short races! :lol:

4 weeks from now and it'll all be over until Autumn at the earliest!

That said, being positive, i may still try and do a couple of races. Unlikely i'll do 3 to get the max points, but may try Interlagos and Daytona. Majority of cars that are good at Interlagos are not very good at Daytona so will be a tough choice for Manufacturer! May finally re-sign for my favourite GT3 car in the game. (@GTWolverine knows who i mean ;))
Funnily enough this is actually the best schedule I've seen in a while (but yes it's still far too short and condensed). Lots of repeats, but for the first time it feels like there's not a single race here that I'd actually hate. I'm definitely not the biggest fan of the Interlagos/RH/Gr.3 combo, but somehow it's become one of my best events in terms of results. And if you think these race lengths are a disappointment (and they kinda are), just be grateful you didn't do Nation's Rd.2! :lol: What an absolute joke that was when it could've been an amazing race!

But you'll be happy to know the Gr.3 car you mentioned got 3 buffs in the last 4 updates - all weight reductions (the first one accompanied by a slight power drop too). Unfortunately somewhere along the way it became a twitchy death machine below 5th gear...

Back