Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Begins 17 April

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 10,679 comments
I unfortunately didn't have time to do yesterday's Nations Cup round featuring the 917 Living Legend at Maggiore Reverse, but I'm definitely gonna catch these last two rounds - they genuinely look like fun! Especially since I don't feel like I did too well for that third round at Trial Mountain. Meanwhile, I'm always down for Daytona.

The Manufacturers Cup races look like they could be fun, too - though I'll likely be unable to do the round on May 11th since my best friend and I are hoping to take a day-trip to Boston, since we wanna check out that new F1 barcade!

EDIT: I'm also content being in silver range for the other three broader standings, and only being in gold range for my immediate county. I do feel like that first round at Le Mans went unusually well for me, so maybe the idea of netting a bit over 2m credits instead of 4m at the end is more realistic for me. Besides, it's not like I'm in a massive rush to spend my credits as soon as I get them. (Honestly, I'm just waiting for the 911 GT1 Street to show up in either white or silver.)

Last edited:
One thing I will say about this imaginary track (only this reverse layout) -

Surely it hasn't been homologated by the imaginary FIA. That wall on the pit straight that sticks out slightly on the exit of the final turn could genuinely kill someone....

Kinda similar to the last turn in the Canada GP track. The wall of champions

I was mostly enjoying heavy damage and driving standards in the GT1 lobbies, but the past tense is there for a reason. I just can not understand how somebody could enjoy pushing others into the walls on straights and it happened twice to me lately - once in the Trial Mountain race and again today on Suzuka. Seriously annoying when you put some time into training for these races only for some muppet to ruin the fun for you. I could understand honest mistakes, missed braking markers, misjudgment of space available etc. but this is just intentional BS and should result in a vacation for such individual for X time or rounds.

I have included clips below including mine and offenders inputs so it is clear these were intentional. I do regret retaliation on the Trial Mountain one, but I saw red mist and knew there will be no penalty served by the game. I deserved that 4 s penalty for my own stupidity there. Thankfully at Suzuka the justice got served immediately.

I was mostly enjoying heavy damage and driving standards in the GT1 lobbies, but the past tense is there for a reason. I just can not understand how somebody could enjoy pushing others into the walls on straights and it happened twice to me lately - once in the Trial Mountain race and again today on Suzuka. Seriously annoying when you put some time into training for these races only for some muppet to ruin the fun for you. I could understand honest mistakes, missed braking markers, misjudgment of space available etc. but this is just intentional BS and should result in a vacation for such individual for X time or rounds.

I have included clips below including mine and offenders inputs so it is clear these were intentional. I do regret retaliation on the Trial Mountain one, but I saw red mist and knew there will be no penalty served by the game. I deserved that 4 s penalty for my own stupidity there. Thankfully at Suzuka the justice got served immediately.

I did this slot as a practice on my alt account, and I was right behind you guys (Creativemind100 aka Stealthy Racer) I was in absolute shock at what I was witnessing. There are a group of guys currently playing this game, who have absolutely no flexibility and will destroy your race at even the slightest grievance. Ironically, the same thing happend to me, but on the last lap when the.Portuguese guy decided to take me out at spoon and I went from 5th to 7th. I went on my main account after this race and finished 2nd with 295 points and a clean race bonus. This is the way....

Not gonna be able to. :( I only have time to do a lap guide for GT1.
That's a pity. I'm sure you considered your target audience. Although smaller and perhaps more capable of putting together a race, they may be a more motivated group to watch your video.

That's actually awful on both counts. I just assumed GT1 would be better than that in terms of attracting less clowns. Sorry you had that ruin your races 😢

I noticed that there is a difference in the description of how the final point totals for the qualifiers are calculated between the announcement page and the overview page.

The announcement reads:
At the end of Round 6, the scores from your three best rounds will be counted.
The overview page reads:
At the end of the Online Qualifiers, the final score will be tallied from the best one of every two rounds out of the total (with half numbers rounded up.)
I've only been able to do the first round of Nations. I missed 2-4. If I manage to do the final two rounds, will those both count to my final score (as the announcement would suggest), or will I get a zero for the middle pair because I missed them both (as the overview suggests)? Does anybody outside of PD know?

For the Suzuka one you do come across on them chasing the slipstream I'm guessing. So they do react to you. Should they? Probably not but you can see why they react.

What is the tire wear like at the Daytona round? Having suffered dead tires towards end of the race at the first round of the Gazoo cup, I am hoping that I don't run into dead tires thrice in the Daytona round. (I am a controller peasant who absolutely shreds tires)

Also, would there be a need to refuel a bit in the first pit stop to make sure that I can make it to the second pitstop without running out of fuel?

Last edited:
For the Suzuka one you do come across on them chasing the slipstream I'm guessing. So they do react to you. Should they? Probably not but you can see why they react.
Sure, but that did no harm to anyone and I steered gently to the right after realising he is in there already after initial contact. After that he was way more interested in my side rather than the slipstream he has straight ahead of him. I disagree with this contact being a justification to what happened after.

What is the tire wear like at the Daytona round? Having suffered dead tires towards end of the race at the first round of the Gazoo cup, I am hoping that I don't run into dead tires thrice in the Daytona round. (I am a controller peasant who absolutely shreds tires)

Also, would there be a need to refuel a bit in the first pit stop to make sure that I can make it to the second pitstop without running out of fuel?
I honestly don't know yet, but there are two required pit stops so I wouldn't imagine going full reds will happen... even at 5x. So pit at lap seven and 14 or six and 13 I'd think would be fine.

I haven't done a single nations race this season (lack of time and interest on some of the combos), but I want to do Daytona.

Has anyone tested it? What cars and strategies are available?

I noticed that there is a difference in the description of how the final point totals for the qualifiers are calculated between the announcement page and the overview page.

The announcement reads:

The overview page reads:

I've only been able to do the first round of Nations. I missed 2-4. If I manage to do the final two rounds, will those both count to my final score (as the announcement would suggest), or will I get a zero for the middle pair because I missed them both (as the overview suggests)? Does anybody outside of PD know?
It'll score your best 3 rounds regardless of which they were.

If it worked the other way, we wouldn't have the issue where the very top drivers win the first three rounds and then don't enter the rest in order to tank everyone else's points.

If it worked the other way, we wouldn't have the issue where the very top drivers win the first three rounds and then don't enter the rest in order to tank everyone else's points.
I'd been wondering about this, how does it work in practice for the top guys? It seems a quite likely scenario we could have two or more top drivers with three top split wins each. Does it then literally come down to who got those wins in races with more points available for the win?

Sure, but that did no harm to anyone and I steered gently to the right after realising he is in there already after initial contact. After that he was way more interested in my side rather than the slipstream he has straight ahead of him. I disagree with this contact being a justification to what happened after.
I see this incident the same as you. You moved left, bumped him and moved back to the right after realizing a car was there. He should have stayed where he was, used the slipstream and you would then been forced to slow to make 130R cleanly. Instead, he ruined his own race.

I honestly don't know yet, but there are two required pit stops so I wouldn't imagine going full reds will happen... even at 5x. So pit at lap seven and 14 or six and 13 I'd think would be fine.
I tried a full run last night in the 787B and the rear right just about holds on for 11-12 laps with BB -5.

I've never been particularly confident running in ultra slipstream trains, so I wanted to see how early I could potentially duck out of the group and start running in clean air. I know losing slipstream could hurt a lot, but hoping that being able to just get my head down and churn out laps uninterrupted for a while could compensate somewhat.

I tried a full run last night in the 787B and the rear right just about holds on for 11-12 laps with BB -5.

I've never been particularly confident running in ultra slipstream trains, so I wanted to see how early I could potentially duck out of the group and start running in clean air. I know losing slipstream could hurt a lot, but hoping that being able to just get my head down and churn out laps uninterrupted for a while could compensate somewhat.
So are you think of not taking tires on one of the stops and taking them on the others?

I'd think taking the extra five seconds to get new rubber both required stops would make itself up in the coming laps, but I don't know that for sure. You'd need about .750" per lap to break even.

It's an interesting think. If you're stuck in traffic, then you could pit on lap one or two to get out of the traffic, not get tires, then again on lap 11-12 for tires. Or you could split it up in ~thirds for new tires. Also, what if it's lap three and you get a .500" pen coming out of the bus-stop? Much less painful to just pit that lap than carry on. Reminds me of the Daily C we had a while back with the Ford GT and Peugeot VGT where there was a stop required. I remember getting pens coming out of the bus stop and it didn't matter what else was going on or what lap it was, I went in on that lap.

Hmmmmm. On the surface this one seems pretty straight forward but maybe not so much.

Tires might be more important at Daytona than you think, especially if you think you'll be in dirty air most of the race.

My thought is peaky, high powered MR, most corners are low speed digs into straights. Traction will be everything.

Gonna have to hit the 4pm EDT slot this Wednesday, between getting off work at 3:30pm and needing time to head down the highway to my weekly acting class. Did some free practice today, too - got a time that was on the lower end of 1:32. Very interesting that we're given a whole ten minutes for qualifying, but I'm much more interested in the mandatory pit-stops.

Looks like a fun combo this one! I am taking bets at how many track limits penalties will I get at the bus stop in the actual race - my guess is on 3 at the moment.

787.jpg

I've never seen any race in high downforce cars where slipstream is that big of an advantage. Dirty air easily negates this, and heavy damage would make me want to avoid pack racing as much as possible.
So are you think of not taking tires on one of the stops and taking them on the others?

I'd think taking the extra five seconds to get new rubber both required stops would make itself up in the coming laps, but I don't know that for sure. You'd need about .750" per lap to break even.

It's an interesting think. If you're stuck in traffic, then you could pit on lap one or two to get out of the traffic, not get tires, then again on lap 11-12 for tires. Or you could split it up in ~thirds for new tires. Also, what if it's lap three and you get a .500" pen coming out of the bus-stop? Much less painful to just pit that lap than carry on. Reminds me of the Daily C we had a while back with the Ford GT and Peugeot VGT where there was a stop required. I remember getting pens coming out of the bus stop and it didn't matter what else was going on or what lap it was, I went in on that lap.

Hmmmmm. On the surface this one seems pretty straight forward but maybe not so much.
Fuel in the 787B last for about 17 laps (might be able to get 18 if you shift JUST as you hit redline instead of revving it to oblivion), and keep in mind carrying a lot of fuel for longer weighs your car down...
Tires might be more important at Daytona than you think, especially if you think you'll be in dirty air most of the race.

My thought is peaky, high powered MR, most corners are low speed digs into straights. Traction will be everything.
I tested on Saturday, and Lap 12 is a little sketchy if you hit the throttle like the tires were new, but it's nothing unmanageable (I use TCS for Group C cars though).

I disagree with this contact being a justification to what happened after.
I bet if you asked them they would see it differently. I agree they overreacted. I wouldn't have done what they did and I'm glad you see their behaviour as poor also. But they reacted the other way and got what they deserved. I know you did what you did by accident but it is clear that's what set them off.

That's actually awful on both counts. I just assumed GT1 would be better than that in terms of attracting less clowns. Sorry you had that ruin your races 😢
The Nation Cup was peaceful for me too in GT3, Idk why this Toyota event was so Demolition Race, the car difficulty activated the demons even when everyone was a S on safety rank.

I'm back home and have had a chance to do some testing for the Manu Cup. My short list consists of the manufacturers that no GT1 drivers in Canada picked last season - Citroen, Dodge, Hyundai, Renault, and Suzuki.

I started with the Round 1 race at Nurburgring, doing a full Custom Race against one other car, with damage disabled. I ran a 2RM-2RM strategy with a tire change for all the cars. The Citroen was the only one that needed a splash of fuel.

Here's how things went (by opt time):
ManufacturerOpt TimeBest TimeTotal TimeAvg TimeAvg Dev
Citroen8:18.1558:21.96434:00.9738:30.2430:08.170
Hyundai8:18.1858:23.03533:59.9168:29.9790:05.265
Dodge8:19.4818:25.41634:07.1008:31.7750:05.220
Suzuki8:22.8288:26.20534:19.8568:34.9640:07.074
Renault8:24.2728:30.20234:30.9048:37.7260:06.201

(source)

I started with the Renault yesterday evening -- after a couple drinks -- which might explain why it was so much worse than the others. The combination of being a bit rusty at the track and a bit light in the head probably makes the car look worse than it is. I might go back and retest it later if I have time.

I have no excuse for the Suzuki. I'm just not any good at driving that car.

I was surprised by the Citroen. I really didn't expect it to do so well. Mind you, it drank a lot of fuel in the process. We'll see if that matters when I test the other rounds.

Given my earlier testing and recent BoP buff, I was expecting the Hyundai to do well. The only problem with it was its top speed. It was just barely hitting 260 km/h on Dottinger, where all the other cars were easily hitting 265 km/h, and the Suzuki getting to 270 km/h.

Tire tread remaining going into the pits:
ManufacturerFront LeftFront RightRear LeftRear Right
Citroen75.00%90.00%65.00%70.00%
Hyundai70.00%75.00%75.00%75.00%
Dodge65.00%75.00%70.00%75.00%
Suzuki70.00%80.00%70.00%75.00%
Renault80.00%90.00%60.00%65.00%

Tread remaining at finish:
Citroen80.00%90.00%65.00%65.00%
Hyundai70.00%80.00%75.00%75.00%
Dodge65.00%80.00%70.00%75.00%
Suzuki75.00%85.00%75.00%75.00%

All the raw data is captured in this spreadsheet, should you want to take a look.

Last edited:
I'm back home and have had a chance to do some testing for the Manu Cup. My short list consists of the manufacturers that no GT1 drivers in Canada picked last season - Citroen, Dodge, Hyundai, Renault, and Suzuki.

I started with the Round 1 race at Nurburgring, doing a full Custom Race against one other car, with damage disabled. I ran a 2RM-2RM strategy with a tire change for all the cars. The Citroen was the only one that needed a splash of fuel.

Here's how things went (by opt time):
ManufacturerOpt TimeBest TimeTotal TimeAvg TimeAvg Dev
Citroen8:18.1558:21.96434:00.9738:30.2430:08.170
Hyundai8:18.1858:23.03533:59.9168:29.9790:05.265
Dodge8:19.4818:25.41634:07.1008:31.7750:05.220
Suzuki8:22.8288:26.20534:19.8568:34.9640:07.074
Renault8:24.2728:30.20234:30.9048:37.7260:06.201

(source)

I started with the Renault yesterday evening -- after a couple drinks -- which might explain why it was so much worse than the others. The combination of being a bit rusty at the track and a bit light in the head probably makes the car look worse than it is. I might go back and retest it later if I have time.

I have no excuse for the Suzuki. I'm just not any good at driving that car.

I was surprised by the Citroen. I really didn't expect it to do so well. Mind you, it drank a lot of fuel in the process. We'll see if that matters when I test the other rounds.

Given my earlier testing and recent BoP buff, I was expecting the Hyundai to do well. The only problem with it was its top speed. It was just barely hitting 260 km/h on Dottinger, where all the other cars were easily hitting 265 km/h, and the Suzuki getting to 270 km/h.

Tire tread remaining going into the pits:
Citroen75.00%90.00%65.00%70.00%
Hyundai70.00%75.00%75.00%75.00%
Dodge65.00%75.00%70.00%75.00%
Suzuki70.00%80.00%70.00%75.00%

Tread remaining at finish:
Citroen80.00%90.00%65.00%65.00%
Hyundai70.00%80.00%75.00%75.00%
Dodge65.00%80.00%70.00%75.00%
Suzuki75.00%85.00%75.00%75.00%

All the raw data is captured in this spreadsheet, should you want to take a look.

I really don't know what possessed me to choose Renault... but it's done and now you've made me question some life choices. Crap.

How can you know that, by the way?

Thanks in advance.

Back