Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Begins 17 April

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 10,937 comments
@ElectricNaz

I see you chose Aston Martin. How is the car?
I decided to chose them on my main but I have done no practice or driven that car much.....

For all in GT2, how are the tires at the end if you did not change them during the pit?
Hello - it's a personal favourite car of mine. It just seems to stick to the track, I think I mentioned before it might not be the quickest, but certainly it's the least twitchy of any of the Gr3 and Gr4 cars I've driven especially under acceleration at low speed and I tend to favour consistency in championships. But in theory it should be quick at DFR, Daytona and Interlagos. Maybe a tad less so at Fuiji and Suzuka

If I remember rightly tyres weren't far worse than 55% gone at the front, a bit better on the rear (from eyesight alone) after the 3rd lap. But I'm slow at the circuit so I'm not a great yardstick as lack of pace might mean I'm easier on tyres!!!

Boy oh boy... What a start to my season. 81Pts for 1st, Door # 14

Waited around a minute before I left the box for quali to have a peaceful lap.

In my flying lap I closed up to a Austrian driver in the M6. He was very slow so I passed him. Then he started to push and I let him pass because he was faster. Closed the gap after the carrussel again but couldn't pass him until the Dötinger Höhe. At Hohenrein he punted me into the wall. Was really annoyed and started P10.

The Austrian was right behind me on the grid and, of course, hit me in the side at turn 2. Got pushed by 2 others cars and saw lots of crashes and hits infront. Another one of those races I thought.

My pace was abysmal too to say the least. Don't know why but struggled so hard with the 4C and was around 15s of my training time. In combination with the ramming it was just a pure disaster.

Finished in P9 but don't know how many points it was. I think this was my first Nordschleife race were I had absolutly zero fun 😞

Last edited:
Asia GT1 slot 2 in the 4C.

Door 16. 240 odd points for the win.

Qualifying went ok. Got held up a little by an M6 but he got out of the way as soon as he could. Q8.

Race was very civilized and I picked up 1 spot early when p3 spun. The rest of the lap was processional until Dottinger Hohe where the Alfa’s long legs comfortably outran the 911 in p6.

One of the front runners pitted lap 1 and so lap 2 was almost entirely comfortable in p5 until another 4C used the slip to go by on Dottinger Hohe. Almost everyone pitted lap 2, and I resumed in p7 right on the bumper of p6.

Lap 3 was more of the same until the Alfa in p6 got loose out of Bergwerk and I took back p6.

Final lap and p1 pitted to give me p5 and I had caught the R8 in p4. Ran the entire Nord right on his hammer but not quite able to pass until we reached Brunchen where I bobbled on the kerb and couldn’t catch the tail. Ended up in the barrier. Immediately lost 2 spots and the damage meant I lost another down Dottinger Hohe for the last time. Limped home in p8 when it should have been p4. 181 points.

The race was a serious workout and really enjoyable with everyone driving smart and clean.

Good luck to all who enter hell.

Last edited:
Hello - it's a personal favourite car of mine. It just seems to stick to the track, I think I mentioned before it might not be the quickest, but certainly it's the least twitchy of any of the Gr3 and Gr4 cars I've driven especially under acceleration at low speed and I tend to favour consistency in championships. But in theory it should be quick at DFR, Daytona and Interlagos. Maybe a tad less so at Fuiji and Suzuka

If I remember rightly tyres weren't far worse than 55% gone at the front, a bit better on the rear (from eyesight alone) after the 3rd lap. But I'm slow at the circuit so I'm not a great yardstick as lack of pace might mean I'm easier on tyres!!!
Thanks!

My first races with Aston since GT Sport. Nord is my favorite track so I will have some fun regardless!

Raced on my alt and it was so much better. Not good but better 😂

Door #4, 69Points for the win.

Started on P4 and ended up in P6 because I spun twice and the small carrussel and made a couple smaller errors too🤦‍♂️😂

2 Porsche in front and the were miles above the rest. Crazy fast those 2.

I hope those 2 races were not a sign of things to come because if so then this would be my worst world series by a mile.

The first round went well for me despite using Alfa Romeo Gr3 for first time in an event and despite me always having underperformed at the green hell in past.

1715189527548.png

The race was surprisingly close throughout. The above screenshot is from start of the 3rd lap! Out of all tracks, I expected this track to have the field most spread apart but it ended up being among the tightest.

Fuel and tires are definitely not an issue but for GT1 folks, it is 50/50 whether to take on new tires or not.
1715189631978.png

The first impressions on the Alfa Romeo Gr3 for me is exceedingly positive. Even more planted than my previous car, the McLaren 650S, allowing me to power through the hell's turns with sheer confidence, way more than in the McLaren.

On the straight, there was an AMG just behind me, used my slipstream to overtake me. Wait, he did not manage to overtake me. He simply ran parallel to me in futile before falling back. Bodes really well for me for the upcoming Daytona round.

Is the weather pre-set on this one? Has anyone experienced any variations of rain?
Absolutely dry throughout for me.

Last edited:
Is the weather pre-set on this one? Has anyone experienced any variations of rain?
Rain seems vanishingly unlikely, if it is happening at all. I expect we'd have heard about it by now if somebody did have a race with rain.

Dodge?

IMG_8752.JPG

Dodge!

IMG_8754.JPG

Lap one was scary though... nothing like practice! Very sketchy.

Qualified 5th with an ok 8:12. Managed to avoid early contact, pitted lap one for tyres to get me out of sequence with the chasers.

Worked a treat and was running round overtaking people who were pitting and having various accidents, I had a couple of brown trouser moments but that's the fun of the Nords... almost wish it had been more laps!

Replay saved with GTP tag in case anyone wants to witness a dangerous first lap... then some fairly sensible driving to the finish and 230 sweet points...

:cheers:

Well not the race I was hoping for but at least it was mostly my fault.

Qualified P9 and despite having a faster driver behind me for my qualifying lap they not once tried to make a stupid move, so both thanks and kudos to them.

Start wasn't good. I took my usual outside line to avoid the carnage but it found me as everyone seemed to barrel in and seemingly no penalties even though a couple of drivers deserved them. I ended up P10 out of T2 but quickly lost 2 more places as I didn't want to go 3 wide into T5. 4 of us were pretty much 2 by 2 into the NGK. In an effort to not hit the Lexus to the side of me I just missed my braking point and ended up braking on 50. I tried to avoid the Ferrari ahead and skittled off into the gravel. I was out and P14. The coming into Hatzenbach I clipped the kerb sending me around. I caught back up with P13 in the Kallenhard area. They went wide on the downhill after the long right and promptly went into the barrier at Wehrseifen with very little braking. (Ouch!) Not much else happened for the rest of lap 1 as I caught a Porsche and we both pit. They must have taken tyres as we came out inside each other. I broke earlier for T1 to avoid any issues with the ghosting. The Lancer who had a hard meeting with Barry R earlier was around the outside and despite giving them space they swept into me. It was obviously accidental as they backed off and there was no issue to me. The Porsche had gained a few seconds until Adenauer Forst where they went off. With dirty tyres I was able to go around the outside of the exit.
cb3c5a67de972728af00c74be5b90af4_photo.webp

I was able to pull a gap from here and as the others pit I was up into P10 and was still extending on 2 who had just come out. However going back onto the Nord I turned too early and span at Sabine Schmitz. Thankfully I was still facing forwards so a minimal time loss. From there I couldn't catch anyone else and stayed P12.
Though surprisingly despite a spin or 2 on lap 3 I thought I saw a flash of purple as I crossed the line. (And I must have done with a second to spare) When the results screen popped up sure enough I had a fastest lap star. Probably only because of how a pit stop works with a 3 lap race but I'll take it anyway.

Car was mostly o.k. though there were issues around braking. But as I always have those I cannot tell if it was me or them.
A few issues where I do not have issues normally but it could be down to a proper MR car for the first time in a while. (The 911 doesn't count).
A fairly sedate start to the Manu.

Slot 1:A+ Lobby 313pts for 1st place. Quali was going incredible, I gave about 600m to the car infront (Spanish guy) psn PAD_DUQUE. I was hitting all my sectors. On for a respectable 8:05 I saw that the Spanish guy had a damaged car and was limping around. I was flashing him like mad, to make him aware I was there, from the carousel. I caught right up to him, as we passed the mini carousel, approaching The Dottinger. Still flashing my lights like a mad man. At the right hander just before Dottinger, he positions himself right in the middle of the road (with his damaged car), no attempt to move over to let me pass. I see a gap on the right, I go for it and he turns into me, pushing me onto the grass. I lost at least 6/7 seconds and qualify 9th when I was on for a top 3. Drove like a clean but very angry driver up to 7th. Had 6th place in my sights. Spun on the last lap at Carousel. Finished 12th. The quali killing perpetrator quits the race and the rest is history. Courtesy and racecraft are a rarity in GT7. This is the way....

The Green Hell bit me!

Manufactures for this season is Porsche

GT1 - 6pm UK lobby. I was car number 11 with a total off 158

Qualifying - was on for a decent lap I think about a 8.20, but I made a horrible mistake towards the end. Not sure what I did but I spun the car. Luckily no damage but lost time

Race - so I was P14. Race start I played it safe and got bogged down at T2 and ended up last. As lap 1 developed I managed to keep it clean and safe and get myself up to P11. Lap 2 a few more cars are in the barriers so I’m up to P9. I had just past a McLaren who had been off, and they were a lot quicker than me, but they tried to make an overtake in some really stupid places. I then get rear ended and suffer rear bumper damage. At the pit stop I’m out into P7. The McLaren was back behind me again after fixing the repair, and at the top of the track on the long sweeping straight, just before the Karussell, the McLaren again impatiently tries another crazy overtake which in this time unsettles my car and nearly wipes me out. In the end I thought it not worth fighting this idiot as we will both end up in the wall. Lap 4 I’m in P8 which was my target position. At the tight first gear hairpin just on the Nordschleife I just get on power too quickly after clipping the inside curb. Front and rear bumper damage plus front left wheel. Couldn’t believe it! In the end I just manage to hold on for P9 and 105 points

I’ll take result. Annoying as it is that I lost out on P8, it is what it is! I’m not going again, as they just too many risks for me in this track.
That me done for the next few races as I miss Interlaogs and Deep Forest, but back for Suzuka and the run in

IMG_6518.jpeg
Added some lovely dirt decals to my livery so looks like I had a good hard race 🤣

Live stream if anyone is interested 👍🏻

YouTube Live

Q8/P7, though the sheer incompetence of others. First I got rammed off in the GP section, dropping down to almost last. But because this is the Nurburgring, I got myself back into 9th by the time the race ended. Then two racers who didn’t pit gave me two more positions.

Last edited:
GT1 6pm - Jaguar F-Type
Time for 1 lap of pre-race practice, set my personal best, looking good. Wait a minute to go out in qualifying, last out except a guy who never moves. Just too cautious so didn't as good as time as I should have, ended up 14th. My DR is equal it's highest ever, so competing a bit above my pay grade, even a good lap would have only put me 10th.

Race was pretty undramatic, mainly following around the tail of the field, pitted after 1 lap with no tyre change in the hope it would jump me up a few places. No luck, a lap later there's 4 cars exiting the pits a little ahead, couldn't catch them anyway. Up to about 13th with the odd car ahead going off and quitters.

Running 12th on the last lap, have a scare as a recovering ghost pulls across into my path, luckily he doesn't de-ghost before I'm through. He's soon on my tail and back past, but I remembered easily slipstreaming past him on the Döttinger on lap 1. So just need to keep close enough and 11th could be mine! It worked as planned easy slipstream past and 11th at the flag.

Not a great result, but just didn't have the speed for anything more.

Nürburgring 24h__4.jpeg
Nürburgring 24h__5.jpeg

GT2 mid DR.B-SR.S Euro Lobby.

Only manged to do two of the Nations so thought I would try to do more of the Manufacturers. After work mid-week doesnt suit me as not much time for practice and what with rushing around sorting real life out.

Qualify P10. The top 5 were about 15-20 seconds quicker than the rest of us, so we can guess what's going on there.

The back of the pack naturally go bowling into turn 1. I'm now P.14. More lunacy as we get on the Nord. I'm facing backwards and dead last. The penalties dished out dont come close to representing the crimes, so crime pays.

I'm not moaning about the other players, the game is set up to benefit bad behaviour, so it's actually my fault for going into sport mode races with an incredibly naive sense of fair play and racing awareness. That's on me... and its also on me for not being good enough to qualify quicker... despite the top 5 clearly not being in their natural environment (which is also the games fault, not theirs, due to the way GT1 is set up with fewer slots).

Anyway, finished P.12. Which was nice.

GT1 6pm - Jaguar F-Type
Time for 1 lap of pre-race practice, set my personal best, looking good. Wait a minute to go out in qualifying, last out except a guy who never moves. Just too cautious so didn't as good as time as I should have, ended up 14th. My DR is equal it's highest ever, so competing a bit above my pay grade, even a good lap would have only put me 10th.

Race was pretty undramatic, mainly following around the tail of the field, pitted after 1 lap with no tyre change in the hope it would jump me up a few places. No luck, a lap later there's 4 cars exiting the pits a little ahead, couldn't catch them anyway. Up to about 13th with the odd car ahead going off and quitters.

Running 12th on the last lap, have a scare as a recovering ghost pulls across into my path, luckily he doesn't de-ghost before I'm through. He's soon on my tail and back past, but I remembered easily slipstreaming past him on the Döttinger on lap 1. So just need to keep close enough and 11th could be mine! It worked as planned easy slipstream past and 11th at the flag.

Not a great result, but just didn't have the speed for anything more.

View attachment 1353840View attachment 1353841
I was in your lobby. I was the Alfa that was riding your butt in Qualy ;).

That Nissan driver was one of those "punt-to-pass" people who would overshoot corners and just use other cars to stop themselves. Luckily he got damage after one too many hard moves and caused him to spin out where you met him.

Ended up picking Volkswagen (Falkswagen!) as manufacturer, just for something different.
1715205243483.png

Slot went pretty well, I think it was the 5pm GT2 EMEA slot, put the Beetle in 2nd (by 0.007) with 3rd only 0.036 behind me. Absolutely insanely close times for the Nordschleife, for over 8 minutes to come to under half a tenth between 3 cars is honestly incredible.
Vantage put it on pole, which was also cool to see.

Race was less eventful, I managed to grab 1st through the GP circuit as the Vantage went wide into turn 2, and then pulled a lead out as he fell back battling in the field. My pace wasn't great, but I know the Nords pretty well and pretty much didn't step a foot wrong all race, keeping the lead until the end for 135 points.
Almost at DR A again now, will be interesting to see what lobbies start looking at as I presumably get into the top splits of GT2.
1715205379815.jpeg

I went Alfa Romeo for this season and I think I may have a problem in the making. This thing is going to make me a slipstream addict, I can already see it coming.

I qualified P8 in my lobby (GT1 slot 1) and made the wrong call at turn 1, going for the outside line but then struggling to get around the inside of turn 2, dropping me to P10. My first lap was a bit sloppy for sure, with me almost understeering off at the GP circuit after getting on the loud pedal a bit too soon.

As sloppy as mine was though, it could have been a whole lot worse. A Mercedes got the beginning of the Nordschleife wrong, leaving the track and rejoining with dirty tyres before ultimately understeering off through Hatzenbach. A bit later on, a Porsche took too much kerb coming out of Adenauer Forst and exited stage right. Then a bit later on again, the polesitter Porsche had binned it coming out of the Caracciola-Karussell.

I then had a moment after carrying more speed than I meant to through Wipppermann and Eschbach, causing me to understeer off and over the grass. My re-entry was clean though, with 2 Porsches and a BMW managing to avoid me as I slowly brought it back onto the track. Compared to some of the other incidents, I got off fairly lightly for that mistake.

I managed to catch back up to the group over lap 2, and then gained an appreciation for the Alfa upon reaching the Döttinger Höhe. One of the Porsches in the group had a penalty and the other was carrying damage. The way it worked out gave me a massive slipstream slingshot and I passed both before nipping in front of the BMW after the Bilstein gantry. The Alfa just kept getting faster and faster in the tow then held the overspeed well and I absolutely loved it. Best hold-right-foot-down-to-win experience I've had for quite a while. Would definitely play again. :lol:

One of the Porsches didn't pit, and the other two pit behind me. The BMW came out in front after not changing tyres, but then got Hatzenbach wrong so I took the position back. From there I chased down a Renault and slipstreamed the hell out of him down the Döttinger Höhe too. The manufacturers I pick always seem to be a bit lacking for top end so this is a disturbingly satisfying change of pace. :P

Ended up coming home P7 for 170 points, and then decided to stop there for the night. P6 might have been a possibility if not for me turning the Alfa into a lawnmower, but it would have been very close. I think what I got is about right for the limit of my pace at N24. :)

Decided last minute to give this season a go. I would've liked to have got Peugeot, but alas, the KP random car gods gave me Aston after a couple of spins of manufacturers I had already used. Usual GTWS rules (for me) of 1 & done with a lap or 2 of practice.

My quali was the worst Nords lap I've done in ~2 years leaving me P14 with an 8.20'something. On to the race and I got caught in the T1-2 melee leaving me with front bumper damage so I was in to the pits. Sadly I was knocked off at SX on lap 2, reminding me why I rarely play GT nowadays. 2.75'ish laps later with front aero (12mph down on DH!!!) and wheel damage I finished in P13.

Hopefully Interlagos isn't a poop show or this season may be coming to an abrupt end

Last edited:
Going with Peugeot.

Rushed to a the 4pm GT2 slot after work.

Q11, with 3:21

Racing was going well. Reached P7.
Got punted twice by the same guy...
I started following the guy 1mm bumper to bumper waiting for a mistake. Driving angry .. not good

I pass him, then later my tire hit the grass while breaking... And lost it.

Finished P13, did not hit any car.

Need to try again once I get my zen back.

Well, that was a pleasant surprise! I wasn't expecting much given that I'd only run 3 laps of practice, but hey, I love this track.

Asia GT1 slot 2, going with Lexus this season.

Door 16 in a full A+ lobby with about 270 points for 1st.

Put in a reasonable qualifying lap for 8:08.0 which was good enough for P3! Stoked with that! Pole was 8:06.5

What was more surprising was the quality of driving - I have pretty low expectations of Manu from previous experiences, but this was very civil and excellent racing. End of lap 1, I was 2 seconds off the lead in 3rd and feeling good. Continued well without incident, I felt I was holding up the guy behind me a little so indicated for him to pass down the long straight at the end of the lap, he gave me a flash of the hazards and went on by. I followed him into the pits in P4, 3 seconds off the lead.

Fast forward to the final lap, I'm P4, about 5 seconds off the lead and 2 seconds behind P3. And about 10 seconds ahead of 5th.

In typical me fashion, I push too hard when I could have settled for a comfortable 4th - this time at the exit of Bergwerk trying to maximize exit speed, clip the fence on the exit and get damage, costing me about 5 seconds... I watch painfully as the two cars behind edge closer in every high speed section, and inevitably, they catch me on the final run down Dottinger Hohe and I drop to 6th.

Ah, what could have been. 199 points, and wishing I had the energy to stay up for the midnight race.

Only had to work 4 hours so decided to try again on my alt.

75pts for first, door 14.

Qualified on P2.

20240509_012251.jpg

Holy moly what a awesome race. The driver in P1 and myself drove a little away from P3 and had a great and fair battle over the entire race. Some parts were I was faster and some were they were.

Got 72pts for second so I'm very happy and really really enjoyed that one.

20240509_015312.jpg

Back