GT World Series Manufacturers Cup May 2024: newbie questions

• Thread starter dvdj
  • 3 comments
Belgium
Belgium
Hi,

I'm very familiar with the daily races, but this is the first time I'm going to participate in this Cup which consists of 6 races. I'm in GT2 League.

A few newbie questions:
  • For the daily races I usually watch Tidgney or Digit Gaming on Youtube for a few tips and tricks about brake markers, racing lines and strategy. But they don't post videos about these Series. First race is tomorrow May 8th on Nurburgring 24h. Do you have any recommended channels?
  • Yesterday I couldn't enter yet for tomorrow, you could only practice. Any idea when this opens up? 24h beforehand?
  • When can you start with qualifying?
  • It says "Qualifying Time:12 Minute(s)": does this mean you just get 12 minutes to qualify? On Nurburgring 24h that means you just have one lap to get it right?
  • Can you see your qualifying position beforehand? Or only when GT7 has prepared the lobby like in the daily races?
  • Since you can enter several races and only your last one counts: I suppose it's best to NOT choose the last race of the day as your first one? If you mess up, you can have another go an hour later, right?
  • Is the weather variable? Should I buy Intermediates or Wet tyres?
Thanks!

For the daily races I usually watch Tidgney or Digit Gaming on Youtube for a few tips and tricks about brake markers, racing lines and strategy. But they don't post videos about these Series. First race is tomorrow May 8th on Nurburgring 24h. Do you have any recommended channels?
Look up Mistah MCA on YouTube. He does lap guides for Championship races.
Yesterday I couldn't enter yet for tomorrow, you could only practice. Any idea when this opens up? 24h beforehand?
Entries open 15 minutes before each race time slot.
When can you start with qualifying?
Once the event starts you get a minute or so of warm up, and then qualification starts.
It says "Qualifying Time:12 Minute(s)": does this mean you just get 12 minutes to qualify? On Nurburgring 24h that means you just have one lap to get it right?
Qualifying will run for 12 minutes and then the chequered flag will show. Along as you've started a lap before the timer runs out you will be able to finish your lap. So yes for round 1 you will get exactly 1 lap to set a time.
Can you see your qualifying position beforehand? Or only when GT7 has prepared the lobby like in the daily races?
Championship qualification is completely different to daily races. When qualification starts everyone in the lobby is let out of the pits to set their time, which means you are qualifying with other cars on the track. Yes this is as horrendous as it sounds so try and find some clear track before starting your run. When you've completed your lap the leaderboard will show, which will update as people finish their laps.
Since you can enter several races and only your last one counts: I suppose it's best to NOT choose the last race of the day as your first one? If you mess up, you can have another go an hour later, right?
Generally correct, but do whatever timeslots work for you.
Is the weather variable? Should I buy Intermediates or Wet tyres?
Always best to have intermediates and wets available, just in case. Weather tends to follow the same pattern for every race, so read people's race reports here to find out what the weather will do.

Good luck! Have a good race!

Look up Mistah MCA on YouTube. He does lap guides for Championship races.

Entries open 15 minutes before each race time slot.

Once the event starts you get a minute or so of warm up, and then qualification starts.

Qualifying will run for 12 minutes and then the chequered flag will show. Along as you've started a lap before the timer runs out you will be able to finish your lap. So yes for round 1 you will get exactly 1 lap to set a time.

Championship qualification is completely different to daily races. When qualification starts everyone in the lobby is let out of the pits to set their time, which means you are qualifying with other cars on the track. Yes this is as horrendous as it sounds so try and find some clear track before starting your run. When you've completed your lap the leaderboard will show, which will update as people finish their laps.

Generally correct, but do whatever timeslots work for you.

Always best to have intermediates and wets available, just in case. Weather tends to follow the same pattern for every race, so read people's race reports here to find out what the weather will do.

Good luck! Have a good race!
Thanks a lot, really helpful!!

here's the running thread to read people's race reports and preparation thoughts:

Back