• Thread starter Pigems
  • 31,996 comments
Uk Main Account

IMG_0357.jpeg

UK alt account

IMG_0358.jpeg

US account

IMG_0359.jpeg

I know we've done something like this before, but there's some new people here, and also I don't remember the results. So, how do I compare to you guys?

View attachment 1348806
Let's see...

Main account:

IMG_4414.jpeg

Clean races 30%
Fastest laps: <6%🫣
Pole positions: 15%
Wins: 9%
Top 5: 60%

Alternate account:

IMG_4415.jpeg

Clean races 21% 😬
Fastest laps: 4% 😬😬😬😬😬😬😬
Pole positions: 15%
Wins: 14% 🥳
Top 5: 67% 🥹

I throughly hate this game.

I get punted because the person being overtaken thought it was me that wedged the door open...big big sorry in the next race. And then it's just gone down hill from that.

I'm pole, 1s faster QT and per lap in these lobbies at the moment and yet my lines and braking points are so bad everyone can go faster...I make mistakes constantly with braking too hard or too early on the go pedal.

But it's controlled mistakes. Just sending it constantly 1s back is starting to rub a bit.

The race format doesn't help with only 4 laps to ram your way to a top 5.

Rant over. On balance I won 6 today, top 5 2 of them and 3 rage quits.

Ok, well I'm going to do a few races at Monza and maybe one at DT-Gardens and then I'm going to lay down and hit the sack. I need an afternoon nap. I'm exhausted.

Annoying langauge for us at work, not as annoying as finish just such long words 🤣

Clean Race < english

Clean Race < German

Whisnswizsr cleaned winzeers

Clean Race < finish

Wdjjdjdididnndodj dsjjsjdjd skisiisiisjsj race

Just funny when all you want to say is "confirm your address" on a button

Last edited:
Cry me a river. Boo hoo. Or, to put it more succinctly, you couldn't handle being my level of suckage, so shut up and enjoy the podiums.

(You know I'm just teasing. Well, sort-of. :lol: )
I know, I know.

Its relative to expectation of my own performance.

I measure myself to my relative standards. That is a bad way to race though.

But point thoroughly noted...sandbagging the top of B is probably not where my improvement needs to come from ;)

sandbagging the top of B is probably not where my improvement needs to come from ;)
Yeah, for you, the top of B seems like sandbagging, although I'm not criticising - I just see your point.

For me, the top of B seems like where I belong, just judging by what happens to me as soon as I go up to A. And while GT7 is the first real sim racing game I've ever played, it seems to me that I should be better by now. Low-to-middle A should be something I can handle. Or maybe my expectations are too high.

In any case, it's just a game, and as long as it's fun, I guess it doesn't really matter.

Yeah, for you, the top of B seems like sandbagging, although I'm not criticising - I just see your point.

For me, the top of B seems like where I belong, just judging by what happens to me as soon as I go up to A. And while GT7 is the first real sim racing game I've ever played, it seems to me that I should be better by now. Low-to-middle A should be something I can handle. Or maybe my expectations are too high.

In any case, it's just a game, and as long as it's fun, I guess it doesn't really matter.
I know many people who are A/A+ drivers who keep a B account around to be able to run more Nations/Manufactures/other special races because GT1 has such limited time slots. IMO opening up more slots for GT1 would basically make this exercise not needed.

Well, I actually enjoyed Spa this week, which has never really happened before. I usually suck at it so much that it's just an exercise in frustration. But Gr.3 cars on medium tires was a great combination.

I know some of you had some bad experiences this week, but I hope, all-in-all, that y'all had some fun.

It's been an interesting past 4 weeks (67 races) for me. I started March 18th as DR A at 3%, and I finished this week as DR B at 99%. My SR was the rollercoaster.

1713735073600.png

I'm not going to race any more today, because I don't want to start next week as DR A. It's OK if I move there next week, but I'd rather not start there.

Unless, of course, I can't help myself and do another race today - we'll see how much self-control I have.

Anyway, as I said, I hope most of you enjoyed this week, and let's have some fun next week!

Back