GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 31,829 comments
Incredibly frustrating glitch in race c today which I don't know if anyone else has had

Start 4th ...the game lets the first 3 cars go 30 seconds early and holds the rest before the final corner 🤣🤣🤣

No problem 4th is still on cards.

Finish 4th. Fine. Is what it is.

Didn't register id gone through the pits. 1 minute penalty.

Serious loss of Dr. Think that's me for today 😬

Some days I don't even belong on the track. No only do I FUBAR my own race, but I do it for the people around me too. Since I was a menace, I made sure I stayed DFL so I didn't ruin my SR any further, and I didnt ruin anyone else's either. Sucking is one thing, but ruining other people's races is the worst.

Although there was an interesting post-race discussion between two drivers who had a lot of respect for each other, in how they handled a dangerous situation. As they chatted about it, I realized it was a situation I caused ahead of them, by my bad driving. So at least I presented a situation where two people could have warm fuzzies.

I was so bad I'm scared to race again. Hopefully it'll wear off as this race gets further in the past.
GrumpyOldMan casually posting screenshot and not mentioning that the mighty Inostroza was in his race, lol.
I have no idea who any of the top racers are. And if I remember my name, and my wife's, then I count that as a win for the day. Seriously!

[Begin Digression]

And it's hereditary - My dad was a pastor, and after giving a sermon he'd wait at the exit greeting people, and my mother would stand beside him so she could remind him who people were.

My wife does that job for me (remembering people's names), and it's awesome because she remembers EVERYONE's name. She can meet someone once, and a year later she'll not only remember their name, but most likely will remember what they talked about, and oftentimes what they were wearing. No joke. Her memory is awesome.

The downside is that she can tell me I did something, and I won't remember, but I usually respond with "that sounds like something I'd do" and take her word for it. Good thing she's so sweet - she could use her skills for evil if she wanted to!

And now I have a sneaking suspicion that I've told those stories before. Sheesh, not only am I a grumpy old man, I'm that guy who tells you the same story over and over again.

[End Digression]

I have no idea why I shared all that. But it's OK, because nobody will read through it all anyway. :lol:

Having a good week at TM until now, so started a final session.
Started P1 and was 2.8s ahead at the beginning of lap 3 and had a disconnect.
Next race pole again and disconnect just over the startline, DR down and SR from full to 50%.
Never had this before and Internet is running at normal speeds with good connection.

Incredibly frustrating glitch in race c today which I don't know if anyone else has had

Start 4th ...the game lets the first 3 cars go 30 seconds early and holds the rest before the final corner 🤣🤣🤣

No problem 4th is still on cards.

Finish 4th. Fine. Is what it is.

Didn't register id gone through the pits. 1 minute penalty.

Serious loss of Dr. Think that's me for today 😬
Had the same but I was pole, I was given a 4 second lead at TM!!!

Some days I don't even belong on the track. No only do I FUBAR my own race, but I do it for the people around me too. Since I was a menace, I made sure I stayed DFL so I didn't ruin my SR any further, and I didnt ruin anyone else's either. Sucking is one thing, but ruining other people's races is the worst.

Although there was an interesting post-race discussion between two drivers who had a lot of respect for each other, in how they handled a dangerous situation. As they chatted about it, I realized it was a situation I caused ahead of them, by my bad driving. So at least I presented a situation where two people could have warm fuzzies.

I was so bad I'm scared to race again. Hopefully it'll wear off as this race gets further in the past.

I have no idea who any of the top racers are. And if I remember my name, and my wife's, then I count that as a win for the day. Seriously!

[Begin Digression]

And it's hereditary - My dad was a pastor, and after giving a sermon he'd wait at the exit greeting people, and my mother would stand beside him so she could remind him who people were.

My wife does that job for me (remembering people's names), and it's awesome because she remembers EVERYONE's name. She can meet someone once, and a year later she'll not only remember their name, but most likely will remember what they talked about, and oftentimes what they were wearing. No joke. Her memory is awesome.

The downside is that she can tell me I did something, and I won't remember, but I usually respond with "that sounds like something I'd do" and take her word for it. Good thing she's so sweet - she could use her skills for evil if she wanted to!

And now I have a sneaking suspicion that I've told those stories before. Sheesh, not only am I a grumpy old man, I'm that guy who tells you the same story over and over again.

[End Digression]

I have no idea why I shared all that. But it's OK, because nobody will read through it all anyway. :lol:
Sorry, I read this all the way through 🤪.
I’m 63 and had similar issues, I always thought I had a bad memory. Turns out that I had bad concentration. As I was hearing someone’s name during introductions , other things were going on, I.e. other conversations, formulating in your mind what your next comments would be etc.
When I retired I became an MLB usher (SF Giants, I’m a huge sports fan), I have 1,300 people in my section every night and people do not want to be asked for their ticket every time they come past me so I concentrate on remembering something about them. My recall has turned out to be very good.
Same goes when I’m learning a new track, when my set-up was in the house with other things going on, it took forever but, in the garage with no distractions, 3-4 laps (knowing what gear for each corner).
Concentration is the key for me.

Attachments

• IMG_2956.jpeg
    IMG_2956.jpeg
    349.4 KB · Views: 2
Finally some time to race today, and i am having a really good time. Aftrr a bunch of races i finally found some pace at race B. Gr3 is generally where i start to struggle as a road car guy primarily. I found the Porsche to feel pretty good so I've been using it and just running laps between races for practice and have a qt that starts me top 5 now and although some stuff still happens the majority of today's racing has been hard and clean and a ton of fun.

I’m 63 and had similar issues, I always thought I had a bad memory. Turns out that I had bad concentration. As I was hearing someone’s name during introductions , other things were going on, I.e. other conversations, formulating in your mind what your next comments would be etc.
When I retired I became an MLB usher (SF Giants, I’m a huge sports fan), I have 1,300 people in my section every night and people do not want to be asked for their ticket every time they come past me so I concentrate on remembering something about them. My recall has turned out to be very good.
Same goes when I’m learning a new track, when my set-up was in the house with other things going on, it took forever but, in the garage with no distractions, 3-4 laps (knowing what gear for each corner).
Concentration is the key for me.
just wanted to say... nearly the same age and a Giants fan for half that time! We can gang up on grumpy's dodgers now! It.Is.OuttaHere!

Back from travel, no way do I enter ranked races, either daily or GTWS this weekend. But, boy , I am really enjoying the porsche at Le Mans this week. Great fun when you have fellow drivers that want to compete and drive clean (most of my lobbies, not all, however!)

I’m 63 and had similar issues, I always thought I had a bad memory. Turns out that I had bad concentration.
LOL. For me it's my ADD (I refuse to call it ADHD, because I haven't been Hyperactive since I was a teenager!). I actually have a pretty severe case of it, partially because of a skull fracture when I was 4, but mostly because I inherited it from my Dad, who of course had never heard of ADD until I was in my 30s.
As I was hearing someone’s name during introductions , other things were going on, I.e. other conversations, formulating in your mind what your next comments would be etc.
I would never diagnose someone else, so please don't think I am when I say that that's a pretty good description of what it's like for me, although I can point to a lot of other issues too. The funny thing about "formulating in your mind what your next comments would be" - I used to think this was a character flaw in me, and perhaps it is. But it's mostly that I know I'll forget what I wanted to say if I don't concentrate on it. As should be obvious ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) is the inability to focus my attention on one thing. I hear everything, and nothing, if that makes sense.
We can gang up on grumpy's dodgers now! It.Is.OuttaHere!
You can try, but the standings say differently.

And I swear to God, if I just jinxed them, I'm gonna lose my mind! Superstitious much? Absolutely, 100%.

EDIT: I just had a race B where I hit two car's bumpers in front of me, and my SR still went up. Go figure.

Last edited:

Hey that's how it works.

Sometimes you are consistent others are tougher.

Trying to hard is usually the culprit for me at least.

You often talk about a low attention span, I'd argue that some of the longer races are better so you can get in to a flow.

You are fast, no jokes or banter you are quick.

Maybe try the QT for a few longer races. And in comparison they ain't that longer. Mostly dull to be fair 🤣

Hey that's how it works.

Sometimes you are consistent others are tougher.

Trying to hard is usually the culprit for me at least.

You often talk about a low attention span, I'd argue that some of the longer races are better so you can get in to a flow.

You are fast, no jokes or banter you are quick.

Maybe try the QT for a few longer races. And in comparison they ain't that longer. Mostly dull to be fair 🤣
Thanks, man. Honestly, most of my [really] bad driving happens when I'm paying too much attention to the people around me, and not enough attention to what I'm doing.

As for the longer races and "getting in the zone", I totally get that. It happens sometimes when I'm running Q laps. But it's the exception to the rule. I promise you, there's no way I'd last in one of the longer races.

I mean, I can see giving it a try on my second account just to laugh at how bad it can be, but I'd want to keep track of the number of times I totally lost concentration. Maybe a counter of some type I could tap whenever I come back from wherever I go. :lol:

Thanks, man. Honestly, most of my [really] bad driving happens when I'm paying too much attention to the people around me, and not enough attention to what I'm doing.

As for the longer races and "getting in the zone", I totally get that. It happens sometimes when I'm running Q laps. But it's the exception to the rule. I promise you, there's no way I'd last in one of the longer races.

I mean, I can see giving it a try on my second account just to laugh at how bad it can be, but I'd want to keep track of the number of times I totally lost concentration. Maybe a counter of some type I could tap whenever I come back from wherever I go. :lol:
I think I need a 2nd account, Mondays eliminate all the previous weeks advances. I never make any progress.
I need a Monday account.

Read a few pages back that you could fully-tune the car for Race B but I could not change anything in both time trial and during the wait until the actual race starts... Managed to go down to a 1:52:5 but still was pathetic next to the global times. And first time for me, in a leaderboard of about 15 friends, I ended the week dead last 🤣

Saw that Suzuka could be Race B as of tomorrow, hope it's not true as I love it in the F1 games but suck at it on GT7.... On a positive side, tomorrow (took a day off work) I start putting my Saab back together as had a couple of hours to spare yesterday and I managed to reunite the engine and gearbox again after almost 3 years of separation without problems 🙃

Did 3 races with my 2nd account and started last every time but finished in P12, P13 and P10 so not too disappointed!

This has been a frustrating weekend. Started Friday night as a C rank and I was looking to get closer to B. But by luck of the draw, I was placed into B rank rooms. This isn't the problem as this has happened before and I can hold my own. The issue is that there was some super fast Q times a head of me and that put me in the back half of the grid. ok so I will have to make up some ground, I'm ok with that as this will help me improve.
What I didn't expect was the lack of skill. From dive bombing from too far back' not knowing what brakes are for to the body checking every one they can see. This took my rank down from a C to a D. While I was getting ready for Saturday night's racing, I noticed that there was a BOP change. I was running the 911 and for the fun of it I hopped into the Viper to see how it compares Q time wise. The Viper was faster for me so...........

Last edited:
Read a few pages back that you could fully-tune the car for Race B but I could not change anything in both time trial and during the wait until the actual race starts... Managed to go down to a 1:52:5 but still was pathetic next to the global times. And first time for me, in a leaderboard of about 15 friends, I ended the week dead last 🤣
Wait, what? Even behind me? No way.

Wait, what? Even behind me? No way.

You say that like you're a blind, deaf donkey! Maybe your memory isn't that good but I remember VERY clearly that before you're hiatus, you and I would be separated by a maximum of 0.1s so don't play yourself down, I've beaten your times just as much as you've beaten mine! 🥰

In all fairness, if it wasn't for you and Nebuc when the game first came out, I would not have improved as much as I have! So... Massive respect and thanks to the both of you ❤️

Last edited:
Returned to TM after my earlier Internet issues and recovered DR and SR to max with a win on my 999th race and two other podiums.

18f2661dd6d31-screenshotUrl.jpg

I have always struggled with GR3 but found that TC is your friend in the 911, using TC3 gave me a 1.51.112
and also held up during the race.

18f268cd3f674-screenshotUrl.jpg

You say that like you're a blind, deaf donkey! Maybe your memory isn't that good but I remember VERY clearly that before you're hiatus, you and I would be separated by a maximum of 0.1s so don't play yourself down, I've beaten your times just as much as you've beaten mine! 🥰

In all fairness, if it wasn't for you and Nebuc when the game first came out, I would not have improved as much as I have! So... Massive respect and thanks to the both of you ❤️
That's very kind and much appreciated, and it's a mutual thing. I've improved a lot (and have a lot of fun) in our friendly little QT battles.

But... I was referring to this week's event at Trial Mountain, where I couldn't get anything going with whatever Gr3 car I tried. Like I have to relearn Gr3 from scratch. I was waaaay down on my own friends list. Can't take a look at the results now, because I'm not at home this weekend, but as far as I remember I have barely cracked the 1:53. Or have I?

Finally got a podium at TM:

1714340760543.png

Of course, I started P3 and finished P3, but it's still an accomplishment.
I have always struggled with GR3 but found that TC is your friend in the 911, using TC3 gave me a 1.51.112
I use TC almost all the time with Gr.3 cars, although usually 1 or 2. I have too much of a lead foot to not use it.

OK, I think I'm done for this week. Made the mistake of listening to the "Just one more race" whisper in my ear, and got binned into oblivion. So I just stayed back to earn my CRB and finally get my SR back to 100%.

All in all, I started DR A at 10%, and finished DR A at 15% (would have been 20% without the last race), and I felt like I could race with these guys.

1714342015529.png

1714342063322.png

Finishing the week with a QT inside the top 1500 (at least as of now) is something I don't think I've ever come close to.

I sure hope that they use these penalty settings at TM from now on, because not getting penalized for breathing on a kerb is awfully nice.

Returned to TM after my earlier Internet issues and recovered DR and SR to max with a win on my 999th race and two other podiums.

View attachment 1351094

View attachment 1351100
Awesome, you got over the 1,000 mark. I've done 973 races so I'm headed towards that milestone. June will be my third year racing in Gran Turismo, (since GTsport 2021). That's how it started for me.

@GrumpyOldMan lol, last night, I was on Lap 3 at TM, and some nut hit me and I ran in the mountain before the first tunnel and I finished in 9th and still got the CRB, xD. Even though I hit a car and the wall. The power of glitches.

So by that table, your best rank was #1,263 which was posted on April 26th?

@THE_KART96 great climb, I may need some help to get that push up the hill!

Last edited:
Good morning everyone. I will be attending a community meeting for our apartment complex, a bunch of neighbors will be there so I'll be inactive today. I'm hoping to be back tomorrow. I hope this week of dailies are good. I wonder what cars will be featured in the B slot (Suzuka)?

I've finished almost 980 races so I'm almost at the 1,000 for my race total for the game. So, how long did it take you guys to reach an A/B level? It seems like it's taking forever for me for my rank to rise. I remember back in September 2023 my level went up to C for a month and then after that it went back down after about 25 races. Some I did not do so well in.

It's very interesting how PD calculates every single car using a BoP scale.

Last edited:
Good morning everyone. I will be attending a community meeting for our apartment complex, a bunch of neighbors will be there so I'll be inactive today. I'm hoping to be back tomorrow. I hope this week of dailies are good. I wonder what cars will be featured in the B slot (Suzuka)?

I've finished almost 980 races so I'm almost at the 1,000 for my race total for the game. So, how long did it take you guys to reach an A/B level? It seems like it's taking forever for me for my rank to rise. I remember back in September 2023 my level went up to C for a month and then after that it went back down after about 25 races. Some I did not do so well in.

Not just how long to get there but what strategies to get there as well.

Finally.... This time last week I was at 73% at driver rank B.... (24,600). After a very good week at Trial Mountain in the Vantage V12 amongst all the 911s and such, a horrible Nations cup race and a pretty groovy Gazoo cup race, I did my first race of the weeklies at Suzuka (sticking with Vantage V8 as a bit of prep in the car ahead of the Manu series) - and I won!

3 British guys top 3 after qualy (I got one pretty safe qualy lap in, a high 1.10 was enough for 3rd at this early stage) both made pretty big errors running wide at times, and I sort of won by default after keeping it clean and quick.

But who cares - I'm now up to Driver Rating A (31,600pts) woooooo!!!!

Im retiring from the online scene now haha

Last edited:
Back