GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 32,073 comments
@GrumpyOldMan
image.jpg

@GrumpyOldMan do you message people on PSN friends etc with banter or even people you've raced but aren't friends with?

That's what they are super sensitive too.
Never.

Explaining the offending item would also be a breach of Code of Conduct.
But they could at least say "A sticker violated the TOS because..." it contains offensive material / it contains copyrighted material, etc.

OR

"You posted something in a chat that violated the TOS because..." it contained offensive words / it was racist, etc.

I made a Nascar replica livery a while back, and the game wouldn't let me put the driver, Tyler Reddick's last name in the livery description. :rolleyes: :lol:
At least it told you before you posted it!

----------

Someone sent me a PM on this forum asking if I had interacted with a particular driver, and oddly enough it was the guy I said "What the heck?" to (if memory serves, and there's no guarantee that it does). So I wonder if this guy has a track record of getting his panties in a wad, although the last time I checked that's not a violation of the TOS.

(Did you get the pun there? "track record"? I crack myself up.)

EDIT:
I'm not sure what you're trying to show me there, unless it's that you're a DR A driver. If so, it's about time you quit sandbagging!

Last edited:
Took me a while to figure out this layout, I've never ever driven it before, didn't really know it exists :D

Tried some qualy laps today, first with the Huracan, very quick but crazy unstable on the brakes, rear end just gives up if it's not a straight line, and on this config, there is almost no straight line braking. 458 was next, very nice in the corners, first turn almost flat out, but then I finished my session with the 911, and set a nice time.

1715021169386.jpg

We'll see about the racing, I tried only one race today, started 2nd, finished 2nd, no real drama, I was beign careful just to figure out the car with the full tank, but it seems like a quick fun race for this week.

1715021417451.jpg

Have the Sardegna races been fun?

Put in some time with different cars but the RCZ suits me best for the current track/ tire combo. Have to stop for today but more time to find and like last week, for sure will be a close competition :)

@Robster UK and @newmedia_dev have to say, quite impressive times! Nice :)
Yes the RCZ felt the most stable, ran it last time here back in November?
I think the Genesis X was top dog last time not seen any being used yet.
Did one race today was hoping for a decent start position with a 1.41.134 and 162th global time but no! P11 in mainly A+ lobby finished last.

Really struggling around Sardegna. Managed a 1:43.947 QT with the NSX.

Didn't fare much better at Suzuka in the Honda SF23. In Thai, "5" is pronounced "haa", so basically, my QT time is laughing at me.

full
Honestly I don't think the NSX is the car, I know peeps mileage varies on these things but at the sharper end I think it's the porsche

Loads of Hurracan QT but very little in the race.

The sleeper is probably the corvette which has pace but a tad tricky on exit.

Vule and Robster will have a view on this and the RCZ is meta pace if you like revvy cars

I received an email from Playstation that says I "breached the PlayStation Network Code of Conduct". Specifically, "We determined that this content, uploaded from your account to Gran Turismo 7 on PlayStation Network, breached the Code of Conduct."

Can I assume this means a livery sticker of some kind? I can't see anything obvious that was removed, not to mention that I haven't uploaded anything new recently. I don't have anything with profanity, racist, etc. I have a few stickers that technically contain copyrighted images (Dodgers logo, etc), but they're still there.

Any ideas how to find out what they removed?

AND IT SUCKS!

Um, no. Sorry.
I received this message, because they suddenly didn't like my profile name anymore, which I was using for at least 4 years. So since then, I'm : temp17846354 or something like that, at least I was allowed to keep my nickname.

I lost 25 SR points in this race, and I'm not sure why. I mean, I suppose it should be obvious, but 25 points seems pretty harsh for the minimal contact.

Here's a short video of anywhere I could have lost SR points. What do you guys think?

Have the Sardegna races been fun?
Not so much, at least for my first race.

Does anyone like to drive race A this week? The one with another tyre-screeching two-ton battery transporter?

Yeah, I thought so. Me neither.

Which makes what I did today rather pointless:

IMG_4426.jpeg

Anyway, shoutout to @Metalgear9493 for providing a great lap replay. It helped me a lot. To be quite honest, it wasn't so much me recreating your lines and exits. When I try that, I run out of talent very quickly. It was more me scratching and clawing just to somehow stay as close as possible to your ghost.😇

Last edited:
Does anyone like to drive race A this week? The one with another tyre-screeching two-ton battery transporter?
No, it’s horrible race. Car’s awful, track is overused and the combo doesn’t even work together well. And SR should always be on, not off like here. Makes things even worse. Not to mention it’s an exact duplicate of week 45 last year. Hope the participation numbers are extremely low.

I received an email from Playstation that says I "breached the PlayStation Network Code of Conduct". Specifically, "We determined that this content, uploaded from your account to Gran Turismo 7 on PlayStation Network, breached the Code of Conduct."

Can I assume this means a livery sticker of some kind? I can't see anything obvious that was removed, not to mention that I haven't uploaded anything new recently. I don't have anything with profanity, racist, etc. I have a few stickers that technically contain copyrighted images (Dodgers logo, etc), but they're still there

Well, I’m gonna go with the Dodger logo 😜… kidding, I couldn’t pass that one up.

… and speaking of That Sucks, after 10 days of vacation, my driving still does. The C race was like I was the only driver racing on slicks in the rain… with clear skies 😬🔫.
It took 4 races to clean that mess up.

… and speaking of That Sucks, after 10 days of vacation, my driving still does. The C race was like I was the only driver racing on slicks in the rain… with clear skies 😬🔫.
It took 4 races to clean that mess up.
…and a special shout-out to the group of six drivers that salvaged my Monday. Yes, 6 abreast through the S Curves was not only beneficial to my DR but a hoot to watch from behind (and yes, all 6 of those guys were ahead of me 🤷🏻‍♂️).

This had to be the oddest 1st lap of a race I've ever been in. I started P7 in an all-DR A lobby. By the time the dust cleared I was P2 before the end of the first lap, which is where I finished.

1715037517828.png

It really was a calamity of errors, where I was just trying to navigate between cars that were mangling each other. I got bumped from behind twice at just the perfect time to push me ahead of people.

Here's a shot of what I call a "swarm of Porsches". When I went back through the replay, it literally sounded like a swarm of bees.

1715037627848.png

I saved the replay, and I may post the lap here later, but it's time for dinner.

This had to be the oddest 1st lap of a race I've ever been in. I started P7 in an all-DR A lobby. By the time the dust cleared I was P2 before the end of the first lap, which is where I finished.

View attachment 1353440

It really was a calamity of errors, where I was just trying to navigate between cars that were mangling each other. I got bumped from behind twice at just the perfect time to push me ahead of people.

Here's a shot of what I call a "swarm of Porsches". When I went back through the replay, it literally sounded like a swarm of bees.

View attachment 1353441

I saved the replay, and I may post the lap here later, but it's time for dinner.
Until people get dialed in, there are positions up for grabs in this one, it's kinda crazy. Some really deceptive corners that can bite you hard. This morning, I went P3, P12, P4. It was a halloween race - ghosts everywhere!

Until people get dialed in, there are positions up for grabs in this one, it's kinda crazy. Some really deceptive corners that can bite you hard. This morning, I went P3, P12, P4. It was a halloween race - ghosts everywhere!
I had the same thing at Suzuka this morning, drivers weren’t malicious just bad. I can’t understand the thought process of:
if a turn is 3rd gear in qualifying, how does it become a 5th gear turn in a race ?

I had the same thing at Suzuka this morning, drivers weren’t malicious just bad. I can’t understand the thought process of:
if a turn is 3rd gear in qualifying, how does it become a 5th gear turn in a race ?
Yes, it's a mad race, particularly the first lap.

I did two races yesterday, started one P14, and then P15 - in both races I was in P5 after the esses.....

I'm somehow still surprised in mid-A rank that people still think they should drive exactly like their qualifying lap hell or high water despite anyone around them.

I've seen penalties justly served and more often than not penalties not dished out for crappy and sometimes malicious driving.

Turn 1 on race B has been a clown show every race tonight. Booted straight into the wall Every. Single. Time. And spent the rest of the race working back up to where i started.

By my third time being punted into oblivion I found myself going into turn 1 with some space, easing off while the carnage happened in front of me. Some dude got spun sideways right into the front of my car. I of course recieved a 3 second collision penalty and SR hit for an unavoidable entirely not my fault incident.

Honestly I don't think the NSX is the car, I know peeps mileage varies on these things but at the sharper end I think it's the porsche

Loads of Hurracan QT but very little in the race.

The sleeper is probably the corvette which has pace but a tad tricky on exit.

Vule and Robster will have a view on this and the RCZ is meta pace if you like revvy cars
Have not tried the NSX but the goto at this stage is the 911, the Huracán is very tricky, I just find the RCZ to be very stable and gearing works well here.

I just find the RCZ to be very stable and gearing works well here.
I love the RCZ here too, but it has a problem. At the start of the race, it doesn't accelerate quickly enough if a 911 is behind you, which leads to an already dicey first turn becoming even more dicey.

I'm thinking about not using the RCZ during this race. Do you have any thoughts on this?
It was a halloween race - ghosts everywhere!
That's hysterical!

Man I'm having a tough time on C! Qualified quite well but usually getting wiped out in T1 - hopefully it'll improve through the week.

I did lead one race by 13 seconds then had a stupid little spin at Degner 2 and lost 15 seconds 😭. I'd love it if it was 30 to 40 laps

I've not tried racing B yet - I much prefer the normal direction, but the reverse is just about bearable. I imagine the tricky braking zones and corner entry will be causing chaos?

I imagine the tricky braking zones and corner entry will be causing chaos?
Chaos is everywhere :D Even in A+ lobbies. If you somehow survive the race without hitting the walls and spinning on corner exits or sliding out in the tricky braking zones, you will most certainly improve, because everyone is making small or big mistakes, very hard in this config to do one fast clean lap, let alone 4 laps, especially when you are fighting with someone.

I love the RCZ here too, but it has a problem. At the start of the race, it doesn't accelerate quickly enough if a 911 is behind you, which leads to an already dicey first turn becoming even more dicey.

I'm thinking about not using the RCZ during this race. Do you have any thoughts on this?

That's hysterical!
Only did one race but yes, saw this happening, moved aside and slotted in behind before the slight left.

Gr3, my goodness...

I tried some qualifying laps in Gr3 for the first time since taking a break from daily racing around a year ago. While driving these cars has never really been a strength of mine, I now have much more difficulties than in Gr4 or road cars to get to even moderate pace. Let alone being anything like competitive.

Questions: has PD changed the car physics that much recently? Or do I just suck?

(Answering the second question isn't mandatory🤣)

Questions: has PD changed the car physics that much recently?
Not changes to the physics, but the last few updates have made sweeping changes to the BoP settings for the Gr.3 cars -- and Gr.4, for that matter. Almost all of the cars have seen their weight and/or power output adjusted in some way, so you will probably notice that the cars drive differently than what you remember.

GT-Engine has done a pretty good job of documenting the changes. The most recent round of updates for Gr.3 is here. Earlier rounds are here.

Not changes to the physics, but the last few updates have made sweeping changes to the BoP settings for the Gr.3 cars -- and Gr.4, for that matter. Almost all of the cars have seen their weight and/or power output adjusted in some way, so you will probably notice that the cars drive differently than what you remember.

GT-Engine has done a pretty good job of documenting the changes. The most recent round of updates for Gr.3 is here. Earlier rounds are here.
At Suzuka past week, the old Alfa 155 was so much faster than the Supra on the straights and in particular on acceleration. Assume this was part of the changes?

Back