GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 32,208 comments
Have to say I enjoy this combo.

Also leaving this here:

(No tune, race with -3 BB but the QT was completely stock)

IMG_0418.jpeg

So incase you are wondering. I sometime run my first ccouple races from the back. I tried to pit at the start in Daily B...and well it did not let me. LOL.

Down to a 47.7 in the 155. I think the Rear wheel drives are faster but harder to handle in the race.

Last edited:
You have to be Uber smooth and judge the weight transfer just right in the FR out right pace is the supra but nightmare to tame sometimes.

I'm surprised by the megane but it's twitchy as hell.

If you can understand the weight and the understeer (minimise it) the veyron is a solid choice.

Hope y'all's Monday is going well. Lack of time management skills left me unable to raze my rating to the ground in the last set of dailies.

The glare going into the final corner in Race A is annoying. Managed a 1:22.775 QT. I can see me shaving off a few tenths in the final sector.

I used the NSX for Race B and C QTs, because of course I did. 😅

If I can brake later for the first corner, and earlier for the final corner in Race B, I might drop my 0:48.975 by a couple tenths.

Once I sort out the fast left-hander leading into the first hairpin, and get a better exit out of the final corner for Race C, maybe I can drop at least a second off my 1:30.523 QT. The twisty bits in the middle aren't too bad.

If I can brake later for the first corner, and earlier for the final corner in Race B, I might drop my 0:48.975 by a couple tenths.
If you can brake earlier and more progressively, just until the car turns in and coast the exit you'll make more than a couple of tenths my friend.

Brake, ease off let the car hit 80 and then learn when it's safe/comfortable to be back on the throttle.

For the last bend brake early and brake hard, ease of and go slow but a single acceleration at the early apex.

Go forth friend!

When are people pitting in Daily Race B? (I haven't raced it yet.)
It depends...

The thing isn't about tires or gaps it's about who you are racing.

Here is what I do, I'm starting at the sharp end (it's early doors in the week) so if I have a gap on the first lap and people behind are fighting I'll pit lap one in to two.

If things are closer I'll pit to not get caught up in it.

If I'm walking away with it I'll pit 8 in to 9 or 9 in to 10.

The strategy is not a given lap but the best opportunity.

There are traffic considerations as well. If the field spreads early then the early pit stop is a bad idea, if it's tight and you know you can come out at the back then that's the better strategy.

The forced pit isn't redundant like a lot of people say it is, it's about race position management. Get out of fights or avoid them. It's actually super tactical on a meta level.

But ignore me. I'm the only other mug in the top 200 in a Veyron 🤣

Not too jazzed by this week’s races; probably for the best as I have a lot of work to do!

But wanted to say how much I ended up enjoying Sardegna last week. Seemed at first like it was too much carnage (especially lap one T1 and 2!). And it was treacherous, but you could avoid some of it by going defensive, being aware of where other cars were, and then driving really well. Such a fun track once you’d mastered its nuances.

Zero Dailies for me last week, just wasn't for me. Tried and failed pretty much at the two GTWS races though, the second of which reinforced my dislike of GR.4 on racing hards. I can't pretend to enjoy that combo so no Race B for me this week. I tried one this evening in the Supra and drove like an arse so I'll give it a miss.

Race A is more for me. Got a couple of poles and top 5 finishes in A/B DR lobbies so will have fun there.

Deep Forest reverse is just weird to me.

Last edited:
Haven't been arsed with Dailes in general (I've only done 28!) but 10 laps of Brands Indy in GR4s? Yes please!

Got a 47.8 so that puts me on pole pretty much every time down here in C group. 4 races this evening, one utter disaster, one 3rd, finally followed by two comfortable wins. I was nervous for the first two races, no idea why!

Think I'll do a few more this week and try to push up my rating a bit, I'm definitely in the wrong group at the moment, to be honest.

Not too jazzed by this week’s races;
I can't pretend to enjoy that combo so no Race B for me this week.
I have absolutely no desire to do this week's races, which really sucks - first time in forever that I've felt this way.

I mean, 10 short laps at race B has me wanting to pull my hair out. Just about the time you settle into the lap, it's over. If I wanted to race around a short track, with people bumping each other constantly, I'd go out to the local go-kart place. At least then I could flip someone off IRL.

Ugh, I tried the B race last night, spent the first hour chasing top ghosts in quali

1715674991336.jpg

But the race is a completely different story, I spent the first 8 laps just understanding the car, how it behaves with a full tank, it's a night and day difference, it's more like I mounted the fresh set of SH tires instead of RH... And of course I lost many positions, started second, finished 6th, mind you in a good A+ lobby but still... I think the Megane is not really the right choice for the race, it's so twitchy and inconsistent, very good for setting a quick time but I must look elsewhere for a race pace car. Maybe Supra, I will see...

I jumped on GT7 for the first time in what seems like forever and tried out B and C. I spent most time trying to get to grip with the cars and did not race.

Deep Forest Reverse feels so wrong at the moment. I don't know if it is due to physics change since the last time I ran reverse here, but the Group 3 cars I am getting so much camber induced power oversteer and lurching of the car in the corners it is driving me batty. I put up a semi-decent time with the Lancer though that car, even tuned, makes you think it wants to kill you at every opportunity. It's fast but it is like trying to pet a rabid pit-bull. Not for the faint hearted.

After too much time trying to learn and tame that I switched back to one of my favorites there, the Ford GT LM. I proceeded in short order to improve my time. But again, with both cars, braking and handing through the esses is a bit hit or miss and the last turn to the hairpin, I would find, would often drift the rear @GOTMAXPOWER style, except I do not have his control and would often end up over rotated in the barrier.

I will probably stick with the Ford but I am a bit weary of how it will drive with racing hards. I tried a couple of others but did not improve yet over the Ford.

For B, I am not a fan of the short circuit. I found the Megane undriveable and also tried the Supra with lackluster results. Then I switched to the Suzuki Swift. That is always entertaining to drive. It sounds so wrong and it sounds like you are driving with the front wheels losing grip 50% of the time but it is fairly quick on this course if you get it right. I ran that with a tune and beat @GrumpyOldMan time (poke poke). Then I tried the Alfa 155 and put a mild tunes on it and further improved my time. It's not as fun as the Swift as it is much easier to drive and you don't feel like you will understeer off at any second.

Now the question is, how do these cars hold up in races? Was is winning B and C?

Last edited:
I jumped on GT7 for the first time in what seems like forever and tried out B and C. I spent most time trying to get to grip with the cars and did not race.

Deep Forest Reverse feels so wrong at the moment. I don't know if it is due to physics change since the last time I ran reverse here, but the Group 3 cars I am getting so much camber induced power oversteer and lurching of the car in the corners it is driving me batty. I put up a semi-decent time with the Lancer though that car, even tuned, makes you think it wants to kill you at every opportunity. It's fast but it is like trying to pet a rabid pit-bull. Not for the faint hearted.

After too much time trying to learn and tame that I switched back to one of my favorites there, the Ford GT LM. I proceeded in short order to improve my time. But again, with both cars, braking and handing through the esses is a bit hit or miss and the last turn to the hairpin, I would find, would often drift the rear @GOTMAXPOWER style, except I do not have his control and would often end up over rotated in the barrier.

I will probably stick with the Ford but I am a bit weary of how it will drive with racing hards. I tried a couple of others but did not improve yet over the Ford.

For B, I am not a fan of the short circuit. I found the Megane undriveable and also tried the Supra with lackluster results. Then I switched to the Suzuki Swift. That is always entertaining to drive. It sounds so wrong and it sounds like you are driving with the front wheels losing grip 50% of the time but it is fairly quick on this course if you get it right. I ran that with a tune and beat @GrumpyOldMan time (poke poke). Then I tried the Alfa 155 and put a mild tunes on it and further improved my time. It's not as fun as the Swift as it is much easier to drive and you don't feel like you will understeer off at any second.

Now the question is, how do these cars hold up in races? Was is winning B and C?
There was someone running from the back of the field today in top split american lobbies in the swift doing 47.7 in TRAFFIC.

The swift was the meta car when we did full Brands Hatch circuit with fuel and tire saving.

For the first time in ages I'm actually fed up with this all.

Back down at DR B now after about 8/9 races where a punt into the barrier not only gets you damage, but also a stupid penalty at the start of a massive straight which means it's effectively doubled as well (2.5-3 s pen for hitting a barrier as well as losing handling and speed from damage). Then repeat that several times a race. Oh well.

No idea why a barrier collision = immediate penalty in this game. If anyone can enlighten me I'd be delighted? Just seems to encourage people to put you into them.

Last race someone was a bit quicker, I even went wide to let them through and they still punted me into the wall.

Last edited:
There was someone running from the back of the field today in top split american lobbies in the swift doing 47.7 in TRAFFIC.

The swift was the meta car when we did full Brands Hatch circuit with fuel and tire saving.
I think I'll give the Swift a try tonight then. Now if only I could remember my tune. I forgot to save it like the idiot I am.

WHY CAN"T PD ALLOW SAVING TUNES in the daily races!

Back