GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 32,533 comments
What a very chalk and cheese last week B to this week B

I made a lot of hay while the sun was shining last week in a car & combo I could drive quick BUT most importantly drive at close to QT pace in race, the flow state etc

So I'm not as good in the Gr3 cars, never have been so while so far this week my QT is good (circa 300 or so) it is no where near good enough for the alien top 1/2/3 split lobbies im being matched in to.

And the massive difference this week is that my race pace will not be able to cash the cheques my QT times will make this week unlike last week.

I just don't think these races will motivate me to actually race much this week which is a shame :(

Need some Gr1 and Gr2 daily races not Gr3 and Gr4 every week.
I agree, I wish PD would mix the classes and groups of all the cars from week to week. And depending on the weight and mass of them. I like how they rotate the tracks so we're not doing the same ones over and over. I don't play Nascar anymore, that game is way more boring than this and the NFS games.

I am happy to see something different for the A races, the Mito car is really unique and fun to drive, it is the perfect car for this track. What a great combo.

Lat week's B race was a blast. At the start of the week, I was a high D rank and now I'm a very high C rank and I think that by finishing near the front I should be a B rank. There was so many great races that I can't spam you all here so here is one of the last races that I did. I'm sort of proud of this one as I was the only C rank in it. Everyone else was A/B rank. Enjoy.

Qualifying for C is going well

18f96d270d766-screenshotUrl.jpg

Set down a few reference QT laps to improve upon later for this week. Had less time to sit down and race that I thought. Hopefully this week is different. Should be able to knock off at least half second or so at each daily before I hit a skill wall. Practice makes better.

The MiTo for Race A is a fun floaty little car. Did a messy 1:47.868.

NSX Gr. 3 and 4:

Had some trouble adjusting to the mountains of grip I had after the MiTo, and could only put down a QT of 1:24.617 for Race B.

Race C's chicane of death is losing me a chunk of time. 1:48.252 QT for now. 😤

I almost forgot how much I hate this track. I set a 1:45.616, a solid time, not bad, if I nailed the lap I would be somwhere around .3xx probably, but I won't be driving this race this week, the curbs in combination with this brilliant GT physics just piss me off. If this was a real track I swear I would go there during the night and grind down all the sharp outsides of the curbs and pressure PD in modelling it again.

Time to try the Maggiore West tomorrow :)

Looking forward to trying C at DTS tonight.

Has a meta car emerged? Has anyone been tuning their cars? Is Womble right that it doesn’t make sense to change tires?

I genuinely don't know they changed it from launch.

It started off as junior cup cars or single make races with DR/SR on. It felt like a natural starting point before moving up to the daily B/C and Gr cars.

Clios, scirroco's etc just a damn fun race for beginners and more experienced racers as it was closer racing but in forgiving cars.

I miss them days a lot.
That's how it was when I got started. I knew I could not handle the Gr 3 & 4 cars at that time.

Looking forward to trying C at DTS tonight.

Has a meta car emerged? Has anyone been tuning their cars? Is Womble right that it doesn’t make sense to change tires?
There's a fairly even spread of capable cars for C, helped by the Chicane taking a few people as tax every race. And don't change tyres unless you are smoking them up on every corner. I've been shredding them in the Lambo and still have half a left front at the end. And that's by far the worst of my 4.

Got a decent enough time for me but haven't done any tuning. Had a couple trolls barge passing and brake checking so that's no fun, but otherwise had some great racing in there. Also, seen Supra, NSX, G70 and a GTR win. I was on for it with a good shot in my lambo till I chanced the wrong line at the chicane on lap 9. Minor damage but the punt jockey a second behind me got past and then shoved the other front runner wide at the first chicane to take the win.

Hi Brockie, how have you been doing in the sport mode? I haven't seen you post here in a couple months. Or maybe I wasn't paying attention well to the forum status. I had a lot of fun at Brands Hatch-Indy this week, 10 laps isn't long either so I took advantage of it. Hope you're doing good. I'm going to bed shortly.

Hi Chris I’m doing well and hope you are too! Brands was a fun week, yeah I hadn’t been around in a while, just needed to focus on hitting DR A, which I have done but since lost 🤣, hopefully you’re still enjoying yourself and adjusting to a new track this week?

Well I had a shaky start and I totally sucked but for race A it does not matter.

I got a somewhat decent time (and not chasing a rabbit either) but now I’m adjusting to the race weight of the car to avoid cornering penalties.

5 races so far….

image.jpg

I keep on losing spots but I’m improving.

Edit. I just switched to Race B and tried the R.S.01 on that track. OMG does this seem fast compared to the Mito on race A. I’m not sure my brain can handle this right now lol

Last edited:
Well I can't agree with all of that, I like most Maggie layouts (but the full course is the worst imo) and love Atlanta. I don't know what it is about DTS, I'm slow and inconsistent which is probably the main reason, but the whole lap just feels like a dreary slog to me. Those kerbs are so frustrating!

Not a fan of DT in this direction. I think I prefer it reversed. After a stint on A last night, I think I found some form QTing B. Got myself into the top 850 with a sub 1:22.683 time with the 911RSR. That may make me somewhat competitive so I may try as few races of that tonight.

Looking at C though, I see the Veyron and 650S are strong. I find it funny that the Lancer is nowhere to be seen as that was really strong at GV along with the Veyron but this time, not. Perhaps that is because of the limited tuning?

Dragon Tail seaside is a very very precise track and extremely unforgiving. I was top 200 qualifying in Daily B last week with out using the G70., and right now I am about 1000-1200(1:46.7) . Part of it is feel hampered by the lack of spring rate and diff adjustments this week. Spring rate adjust could make the death chicane less of a game of chance diff adjustment could allow earlier power on the car I am driving this week(Vantage V8). 458 and McClaren seems easier to drive but are slower for me. Veyron and me did not like each other either. Front wheel drives seems to suck as well.

IMO these thing are required for a decent lap regardless of the car.

Chicane one(turn 2 and 3), you have to hook the first left part of the chicane curb. Think Initial D style.

Turn 5(first part of double right hand kink) you have to put right tires complete inside the curb in the grass so you do not get bounced.

Turn 7(first left hand 90-100mph sweeper) you have to apex late to have speed though T8 and T9

Death Chicane has to be over 120 mph and closer to 125/flat out for top times. you also need your right tires basically against the wall on the last right of the chicane to not bounce.

Last edited:
There's a fairly even spread of capable cars for C, helped by the Chicane taking a few people as tax every race. And don't change tyres unless you are smoking them up on every corner. I've been shredding them in the Lambo and still have half a left front at the end. And that's by far the worst of my 4.

Got a decent enough time for me but haven't done any tuning. Had a couple trolls barge passing and brake checking so that's no fun, but otherwise had some great racing in there. Also, seen Supra, NSX, G70 and a GTR win. I was on for it with a good shot in my lambo till I chanced the wrong line at the chicane on lap 9. Minor damage but the punt jockey a second behind me got past and then shoved the other front runner wide at the first chicane to take the win.
Thanks! Had a few good races last night in B/S lobbies using the Cayman (which handles well). Got a top 5 and a few P6s. Set a 1:48 dead QT (need to get into 1:47s).

Racing was clean with the exception of the guy with a 3 second pit lane penalty who brake checked me at the DC on the last launch lap?

Haven’t bothered with a tune yet …

Any version of Maggiore just eludes my ability to understand its nuances. I mean, I've watched videos, followed ghosts, tried all sorts of cars and assists and BB, and I still just plain don't get it.

In my mind I keep thinking I've figured something out, but in practice it's the same old crappy times. It's only Tuesday morning, so something could change, but my history on this track suggests otherwise. Horses for courses, I guess.

I may have to break down and try Race C. Maybe while my mind wanders, before I hit a wall, I'll invent the next great thing. Who knows?

Race C has been fun, I don’t quite get the unnecessary pit though. It would add a lot more brain power if you had to nurse soft tires for 3 or 4 laps if you didn’t get tires.

Dragon Tail seaside is a very very precise track and extremely unforgiving. I was top 200 qualifying in Daily B last week with out using the G70., and right now I am about 1000-1200(1:46.7) . Part of it is feel hampered by the lack of spring rate and diff adjustments this week. Spring rate adjust could make the death chicane less of a game of chance diff adjustment could allow earlier power on the car I am driving this week(Vantage V8). 458 and McClaren seems easier to drive but are slower for me. Veyron and me did not like each other either. Front wheel drives seems to suck as well.

IMO these thing are required for a decent lap regardless of the car.

Chicane one(turn 2 and 3), you have to hook the first left part of the chicane curb. Think Initial D style.

Turn 5(first part of double right hand kink) you have to put right tires complete inside the curb in the grass so you do not get bounced.

Turn 7(first left hand 90-100mph sweeper) you have to apex late to have speed though T8 and T9

Death Chicane has to be over 120 mph and closer to 125/flat out for top times. you also need your right tires basically against the wall on the last right of the chicane to not bounce.
I found that Dragon Trail is much more forgiving if you are turning 1:49s 😜🤷🏻‍♂️

Not sure I’m going to put much effort into this week. I tried C and hated it. Went back to B and just not feeling it.

Perhaps I’m burnt out on Sport?

I know the feeling, some of the track and car choices of late have been questionable.

But recent races (B) of spa gr3 and Suzuka gr4 were so much fun.

I almost want to have a week off but I’ll end up cooling off Wednesday Thursday and hope by the weekend it’ll pull me back in.

There’s always next week! 🤣

As someone that plays a considerable amount this week isn't for me. Usually I don't mind being a little off the pace and I'll grind it out but even just grinding the QT isn't appealing for either track.

As I said earlier these races are the polar opposite of last week and for me personally it's just a bit jarring.

It's a shame as well as I'm off for the rest of the week.

Race C has been fun, I don’t quite get the unnecessary pit though. It would add a lot more brain power if you had to nurse soft tires for 3 or 4 laps if you didn’t get tires.

I found that Dragon Trail is much more forgiving if you are turning 1:49s 😜🤷🏻‍♂️
I'm having great times at Seaside too, I got a time of 1'49.919, using the Genesis G70. I love that thing, it drives semi-fast. I still wonder if there's a faster and better car. Let me know guys if you find any good combos. And if possible any tuning spreadsheets. I think tuning for the brake balance is only allowed at Maggiore.

As someone that plays a considerable amount this week isn't for me. Usually I don't mind being a little off the pace and I'll grind it out but even just grinding the QT isn't appealing for either track.
+1

I actually started my second account finally just to have some fun when weeks like this arrive, I just don't want to destroy my hardly earned A+ rating on the main account. Started 3 races last night from the back in the lowest possible lobbies, won 2 of them easily, I mean it's not that bad of a track when you drive against guys who lap 1:49-1:50, but to compete with the aliens, no thanks :D

Back