GTA V - Best Driving Roads

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
GTDriver1230
There sure is a lot of scenic areas on the map. I'm curious if any of you guys have found any decent driving roads. On or off doesn't matter. I just fancy taking my personal Vacca/rally tuned Sultan/some lifted off-roader out for a good drive.
Maybe we can get a decent collection of decent driving routes, who knows 👍
Edit: Pics may be useful to pinpoint the exact location

Last edited:
Up and down the twisty road in Vinewood Hills in my fully modded Banshee or Sabre Turbo.

Last edited:
For a really good blast in either a supercar or a fast bike you're best off heading the entire length of Route 68. If you get lucky with low traffic you can easily max out the top speed of your chosen vehicle (Managed to hit 255mph in the 9F on this road!)
Gtav-Route68.jpg

For a good challenge offroad, head to the base of Mount Chilliad on the Paleto side. There's a trail that runs almost parallel to the cable car lines. Some parts may be very tricky for 4x4's though, as it's a "V" shaped trail with some rather large rocks in places, but good technique should get you past. I've descended it on the dirt bike and am planning to take this badboy up or down it.
(I'll post a rough route guide when I get it all rung again tomorrow, heading to bed now)

Surprisingly capable offroad, with the right techniques of course >:0)

Last edited:
It's nice to drive to the highway that reaches up to the Sandy Shores. Off-road, I'm not sure but there are trails that are fun to drive at.

I quite enjoy the tarmac road that runs from Route 68 southbound. Just to the West of where it says "Great Chapparal" on Smuttysy's map. Out of interest, do the style of tyre/wheel you fit to the car have any effect on the handling? Such as your Green machine, would it still get up the hill with High End rims do you reckon?

Anyone drive the motocross track? Now that's a riot! I have an idea on where it is but I can't check right now as I'm not at home.

Anyone drive the motocross track? Now that's a riot! I have an idea on where it is but I can't check right now as I'm not at home.

I am not able to post a map, but it is just south-west of the most Northerly LS Customs. near the big yellow cranes.

Edit - Actually you can see on Smuttysy's map(this is proving invaluable to me) that it is written on there.

Last edited:
Out of interest, do the style of tyre/wheel you fit to the car have any effect on the handling? Such as your Green machine, would it still get up the hill with High End rims do you reckon?

Haven't tried any other wheels on it, as it was always meant to be my "soft-roader" getaway car, but since the offroad ones seemingly gives you different tyres it might affect offroad grip accordingly.

Smuttysy
Haven't tried any other wheels on it, as it was always meant to be my "soft-roader" getaway car, but since the offroad ones seemingly gives you different tyres it might affect offroad grip accordingly.

That's pretty obvious.

I personally love blasting down the massive highway that encircles the entire map. Audiman2011 and I had some close racing earlier, with him in a Cessna plane, and me in my Infernus. :)👍

I personally love blasting down the massive highway that encircles the entire map. Audiman2011 and I had some close racing earlier, with him in a Cessna plane, and me in my Infernus. :)👍

This right here. Its awesome racing around the huge highway, many sights along the way. We should organise a big GTP cruise around the whole map :3

Think about it, we have an awesome car show somewhere in the city, before embarking on an epic road trip. It would be like Cars & Coffee, just with less jerks.

Think about it, we have an awesome car show somewhere in the city, before embarking on an epic road trip. It would be like Cars & Coffee, just with less jerks.

What if I tell you I had the same idea earlier today? The only thing is that we MIGHT have to block RH8's from the Car Show...

And chrome Adders. But I think my red Stinger GT will look great in the beach parking lot :3

The good thing is I would be able to organise and film such an event as I have a capture card, and lets not forgot how awesome it would be.

And chrome Adders. But I think my red Stinger GT will look great in the beach parking lot :3

The good thing is I would be able to organise and film such an event as I have a capture card, and lets not forgot how awesome it would be.

I'm all up in helping and organizing it.

And I'll bring my matte green Youga. c:

Back