GTPDC:Month 1*Results posted*

• Thread starter Ryen49
  • 215 comments
pyro3
yeah i dont have a cap card,but i have a nice video camera(vx2000 sony),i just hook the ps2 right to the camera with rca cables,then record right from the ps2 to camera it looks just like how cap card videos look.Is this legal for the comp,cause the rules say only cap card,otherwise i cant compete. :)
its legal. as long as you can submit a vid you might as well sign up.

This might be a stupid idea, but I think we should have a points series here, kind of like the D1 series. Have 9 different competitions, at different tracks. That way, the competitiors would have 3 months of off time. We could have one every month even.

I got this idea while watching some D1 vids. I think it'd be a great idea to try here.

123abc
This might be a stupid idea, but I think we should have a points series here, kind of like the D1 series. Have 9 different competitions, at different tracks. That way, the competitiors would have 3 months of off time. We could have one every month even.

I got this idea while watching some D1 vids. I think it'd be a great idea to try here.
that would be fun! have driver searches and whatnot to get a specific # of drivers.
id enter in it.

Yeah id be in on that idea as well. Like have points and driver stats. Maybe some more concrete rules should be put in place though... Like you cant change cars throughout a series or something like that.

i'll join pro exhibition.

here's a hint about my car: it comes from...

my garage.

hrm, bout time. Finally got up off your lazy arse, eh ryen? :sly:
Good choice - not what i was expecting after the last time we talked about it, but I think I favour this track even more than the other we briefly discussed.

Sign me up for Pro exhibition. IDM needs to have a competitor in there.

reply to 123abc:
the problem with a points system is that someone who begins in the middle of 'a season' is at a natural disadvantage in the final points standings. If you plan to run the series 9 months there will be many people afected by this. Also, judges can make serious entries when they are on the panel, so they will also be disadvantaged.

the GTPDC thread talks about a ladder system sorta thing. I dont remember all the specifics at this point in time, but its there if you want to look at it.

Another way to rank drifters in a manner that doesnt handicap members who start late is by taking their average scores from all events entered.

ie) lets say that I score a 29 on this run. In the next two I score a 33 and a 28. Then I have an average score of 30.
now say..... Ryen doesnt make an entry this round b/c he's a judge. But in round 2 he gets a 33. Then on the third round he pulls a 27. Then he also averages out to a 30.

Such a scoring method (if we want to implement such a thing) is more forgiving to those who begin later, and will work with people's individual schedules better. On the flipside - once someone has entered many competitions their avg score will change less dramatically for each additional score considered. (sorta like my GPA...gets harder and harder to bring up each year)

to get around that, you might reset all scores every 5 events or so. Members who get off to rocky starts, but improve over time then will not have their initial, lower scoring entries pulling down their average. It would be a better way to analyse and compare members on a more isolated time frame.

TankSpanker
to get around that, you might reset all scores every 5 events or so. Members who get off to rocky starts, but improve over time then will not have their initial, lower scoring entries pulling down their average. It would be a better way to analyse and compare members on a more isolated time frame.

or perhaps averaging only the most recent 5 scores, rather than dropping them. so when you get run your 6th competition, your first score gets dropped. so, for example, if you bomb on your 6th comp, it will just average in rather than sending you down in the hypothetical rankings. just an idea I got from reading yours. :D

194GVan
or perhaps averaging only the most recent 5 scores, rather than dropping them. so when you get run your 6th competition, your first score gets dropped. so, for example, if you bomb on your 6th comp, it will just average in rather than sending you down in the hypothetical rankings. just an idea I got from reading yours. :D

:dunce: why didnt i come up with that.
Ya, sounds better than wiping the slate clean.

anyways, i'm going to take this conversation to the GTPDC/GTPC thread. we're getting slightly off topic

Oh, I am definately in. Pencil me in for the Amature bracket.

Before I submit, I have a couple questions that I couldn't find an answer for:

1. Are entrants restricted to choosing only one Type. For example I would like to enter both the Amature Exhibition and Race events.

2. I am going under the asumption that there is to be no Music with the video. Is this correct?

HammerShot
Oh, I am definately in. Pencil me in for the Amature bracket.

Before I submit, I have a couple questions that I couldn't find an answer for:

1. Are entrants restricted to choosing only one Type. For example I would like to enter both the Amature Exhibition and Race events.

2. I am going under the asumption that there is to be no Music with the video. Is this correct?

1) you can enter both, but you need to be at the same level, not pro in one and amature in another.

2) Hmm....good question. I don't see any harm in it. But if you pick something off the wall, don't be upset if it effects your score :dopey:

Thanks Swifto.

I'll be entering the Amature Divisions Exhibition and Race Categories.

So you are telling me the theme song to Voltron is a bad idea?

HammerShot
Thanks Swifto.

I'll be entering the Amature Divisions Exhibition and Race Categories.

So you are telling me the theme song to Voltron is a bad idea?

Actually that would be great for me, were it actually long enough. Being an 80's child I still have all those old cartoon themes swimming around in my head. :sly:

MdnIte
What the heck is a voltron? :odd: I usually turn the music off when watching a lap..:)
you've never seen the cartoon voltron? lol
anyway looks like this thread is going well i'll update the front page with the newest entries.

Dude I'm Australian, all the cartoons I get are of kangaoos, koalas and if I'm lucky, a Banana man! :lol:

send me a pm with your car info

BTW:
If you are doing the racing division listen up: You will be doing the whole track, regardless of class am or pro( all this is is for you to face others on your same level and have a better chance at winning ) Amateur Exibitioner's will be doing the section of the track assigned in my first post. Thanks.

I'd like to rock out in the Amature Exhibition.
headbang2.gif

MdnIte
What the heck is a voltron? :odd: I usually turn the music off when watching a lap..:)

oh my god, you totally lost cool points.

vtec513
i dont have a cap card imusing i digi cam
Get at me and we can cap it at my place, and do some dual while we're at it 👍

Since I'm judging I'll do one for fun. I'm not a competitive person anyways.

Edit: just thought of something, if i cap the vid for you, i'll know ya did the video. haha maybe i can cap it with my eyes closed or somethin?

Back