How many games do you own but never had the time for?

• Thread starter ctdc67
  • 8 comments
United States
United States
I bought many games on sale and never played yet. They usually are games I’m plenty interested in and can’t wait for that extra time where other games I am more interested in get tiresome. I’m guessing 🤢 20ish😳🥹. I really don’t need any big games coming out in the next couple of years.

I've got a backlog of about 30 games from many different years - some as old as the early '90s - that I'd like to play but either don't have time for or sometimes I forget I bought a copy of.

Just about all of them which is pathetic. I have a busy job and a long commute, a four year old and another due, and by the time he's gone to sleep and I could realistically play, I'm too tired and just go to sleep. I'd love to have a few days to get into Red Dead Redemption 2 or something but...those days just never come. As I type this now I'm in that position but I bet I'll just go to bed.

Last edited:
I fail to find time for most games, but I've managed to stop myself from buying games I like the look of just because I like the look of it. I used to fall into the trap of thinking I might make time, some time. Instead, when I do have time these days, I'm finding games I already own but never really spent time with, over buying new games. There are occasional exceptions to this rule, FF7 Rebirth for example.

Last edited:
If we include “free” games from PS Plus then it’s probably near a hundred.

Likely about 15-20 that I’ve actually bought (mostly in sales) but haven’t played. I lean towards RPGs and sports games which can run up hundreds of hours of play time, so not a quick process to clear any backlog.

Just about all of them which is pathetic. I have a busy job and a long commute, a four year old and another due, and by the time he's gone to sleep and I could realistically play, I'm too tired and just go to sleep. I'd love to have a few days to get into Red Dead Redemption 2 or something but...those days just never come. As I type this now I'm in that position but I bet I'll just go to bed.
ill text my buds at about 8:30/9 o'clock at night "yall wanna play gt7?" and i swear this works better than ambien.

if we just all happen to be on we can usually play together till about midnight.... but if one of asks that question, it dooms all of us to be in bed before 9!

life man!!!! its a trip

and i currently have 8/12 installed i haven't gotten any time into yet and probably over 30 ive picked up the the PS deals and stuff i just haven't checked out yet.

Last edited:
NGL when I first bought my PS5 I was buying games on sale left and right because I missed out on the PS4. So I have whittled the non played games down to maybe 30 - 35. Until recently I had bought any games for about a year. The only game I plan on buying this year is Rise of Ronin

Going straight for the jugular here. 😂😜

I think I lost count. I grab all the free stuff from Epic that usually goes straight into the backlog. And then there’s the impulse buy stuff on Steam. High double digits, maybe even triple. 😱

Same.

My hoarding on Epic has to be at least over a hundred games at this point, and I've maybe played half a dozen of them. What can I say, the price was right. Probably would only actually play about a third of them though.
Then there's probably a couple hundred on Steam that I've picked up either through bundles or because they were cheap.
And that's not counting the couple hundred of Steam games that I got for free but have no intention of ever playing.

So maybe like 250-ish? Realistically most of them won't get played because I'll keep spending most of my time on Trackmania and FFXIV, but there's always hope.

Back