Israel - Palestine discussion thread

Beeblebrox237

Two heads, no brains...
Premium
United Kingdom
Betelgeuse
Beeblebrox_237
BBC article

The leader of Hamas has been killed in an airstrike, starting wider hostilities between the Israeli military and Hamas. So, what do you think of this? Do we have and GTPers in the region who know more?

I personally am worried that it could be the start of a full scale war in Gaza, and possibly spilling into other areas. Also, Egypt's stance on this will be interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Such a sensible topic. Honestly I dont really know what happen there. I think it was never in peace really, both country attacking each others.

I wouldnt blame one part, because it's so complicate to understand. If you look at what happen on both side you understand the feeling of both which make it even harder to decide who's right or who's wrong. It's a hard topic to discuss really.

It would do more to bring peace to the middle east than US nation building ever has or would.

Wont happen, though.

This is what's going to happen. Israel bombs the crap out of Hamas. Hamas then strikes back and gets a few kills. Then Israel forces America to condemn Hamas in the UN.

UN calls for cease fire immediately, but laughing this off, both Israel and Hamas continue to cut and bleed each other while the rest of the world go about their daily lives.

Israel is forever stuck in a "whack-a-mole" game when it comes to dealing with groups like Hamas, but unfortunately for them this game is set to go on forever. Bombs do not deter a people who have been unified in the fight against Israel for over 60 years.

The U.S should stay out of it. There are at least 50 other countries capable of helping one of them. Why is it always us?

Because you have nuke to spare.

Besides I can't see Obama sending troops there.

And isn't the US nearly broke?
So another costly war will make them like greece(on the point of bankruptcy)

Not as many as the US or as powerful.
No, but they're not going to Nuke Palestine.
The reason the US is involved so intricately is the power of the Jewish vote in America and the Power of Jewish money in American Politics/Business.

Skuh
In the wider area, my prediction is America to bomb Iran before the end of September.

Actually, as absurd as this sounds generally, it makes sense in the context.

However, what about drone strikes?

You have got to be kidding me.
Why?

Actually, as absurd as this sounds generally, it makes sense in the context.

However, what about drone strikes?
This isn't to do with Gaza, this is to do with Israels desire to Bomb Iranian Nuclear plants and the timescale involved. I don't think it will happen in the next few months, so that means America must bomb them (if you buy into the argument, I am not expressing an opinion on whether they should).

What justification can America conjure to bomb Iran?

Why would we even want to fight Iran? They are not like the Iraqis when it comes to war. They are much more disciplined, much more well equipped, much better paid, and truly believe in the Iranian cause. The hawks in our government need to understand that invading Iran will only gives us wounds that may not heal.

Remember these are the same people that fought the Iraqis to the death in the 80s. The American public cannot even fathom having casualties like those two had.

What justification can America conjure to bomb Iran?

Why would we even want to fight Iran? They are not like the Iraqis when it comes to war. They are much more disciplined, much more well equipped, much better paid, and truly believe in the Iranian cause. The hawks in our government need to understand that invading Iran will only gives us wounds that may not heal.

Remember these are the same people that fought the Iraqis to the death in the 80s. The American public cannot even fathom having casualties like those two had.

Answered above.

All Iran has to do is keep developing their stuff, and just play the "Come at me bro" card all they like.

Israel will have to sit by and watch their neighbor get the ultimate deterrent to war.

Seriously, Allah, Jesus, Buddha, and every religious figure help Israel and America when it comes to starting a war with them.

All Iran has to do is keep developing their stuff, and just play the "Come at me bro" card all they like.

Israel will have to sit by and watch their neighbor get the ultimate deterrent to war.

Well, what I predict is by no means certain. Not going to go into it too much but I really hope they don't and I am really sceptical about the results. I have been following the sutuation closely though and I follow the view that many have that Israel will force the US to agree to Bomb Iran at a later stage. This is because if they don't, Israel will bomb Iran soon. This is no secret. America doesn't want this. I believe that the US (largely) wants to avoid conflict with Iran, but in trying to buy the time for negotiation they will have to agree to Israel's ultimatum.

Back