Just got kicked

United States
United States
I was kicked out of the 12pm national cup event just now and I was trying to chat. Someone is either lag switching or screwing with the network. My car was glitching when I had 4 out of 5 bars of service along with a few other drivers and the rest had 3 bars or less. Someone is screwing around and cheating why hasn’t that issue been resolved in the system

I don't know what makes you think someone is "cheating and screwing with the network".

People have different bandwidths, you just can't expect everyone to have the same quality, especially with people that naturally have higher latency because of location.

You can take the tinfoil hat off now.

Last edited:
I was kicked out of the 12pm national cup event just now and I was trying to chat. Someone is either lag switching or screwing with the network. My car was glitching when I had 4 out of 5 bars of service along with a few other drivers and the rest had 3 bars or less. Someone is screwing around and cheating why hasn’t that issue been resolved in the system
Either your connection failed momentarily or the server connection did (and the GTWS races do use fixed servers).

You can't resolve the latter, but you can do some things to help prevent the former:

It's definitely not someone screwing around or lag-switching.

I don't know what makes you think someone is "cheating and screwing with the network".

People have different bandwidths, you just can't expect everyone to have the same quality, especially with people that naturally have higher latency because of location.

You can take the tinfoil hat off now.
So it’s ok for the game to glitch and people ram into you while trying to run a clean race and pit you out and they don’t get a penalty sounds like cheating to me

Either your connection failed momentarily or the server connection did (and the GTWS races do use fixed servers).

You can't resolve the latter, but you can do some things to help prevent the former:

It's definitely not someone screwing around or lag-switching.
Ok what can be done to have this not happen again if there is no lag switching. Bc I’m directly connected to my router

Ok what can be done to have this not happen again
Nothing can stop it, and as I said in the post I quoted there's nothing you can do if the server falls over.

I also gave you a link to our guide on limiting GT7 connection issues on your end, so... that.

To be fair any online game your always going to find someone who has a better setup than you (that's why I can never win a race either). Hate the game not the player......

To be fair any online game your always going to find someone who has a better setup than you (that's why I can never win a race either). Hate the game not the player......
I have a complete rig setup and every time I’m running smooth it’s some asshat who decides to spin me out then I get lapped. It’s like everyone likes to play dirty.

1713390472886.png

It’s like everyone likes to play dirty.
No been playing since ps1 but it’s annoying that no one is willing to play fair
You seem to be very pi****.

But "everyone - no one" - statements are really hard for serious discussions.

We had also some glitched cars in a Lobby race last weekend. For sure nobody of "us" tried to cheat.

IMO most of the people play fair. They are just not as visible (or made visible) than the very small percentage not doing so.

Try to enjoy the good parts of the game. They exist.

Cheers
M

You seem to be very pi****.

But "everyone - no one" - statements are really hard for serious discussions.

We had also some glitched cars in a Lobby race last weekend. For sure nobody of "us" tried to cheat.

IMO most of the people play fair. They are just not as visible (or made visible) than the very small percentage not doing so.

Try to enjoy the good parts of the game. They exist.

Cheers
M
It’s just aggravating is all because I can run good lap times and then I get bumped and put into a wall every time either in the daily races, or the manufacturers or nation events they don’t get penalized for it but if I get rear ended and I’m able to control it I get a 1-3 second penalty for a collision

It’s just aggravating is all because I can run good lap times and then I get bumped and put into a wall every time...
Every time? Surely not?
they don’t get penalized for it but if I get rear ended and I’m able to control it I get a 1-3 second penalty for a collision
Every time? Surely... hang on, I think I've heard this story.

As @MUC76 suggests, maybe try not to focus on the negatives you have no control over. It'll make for a more-fun time bro'.

Back