Killing Time!!! (in Vice City)

• Thread starter Spuds725
  • 125 comments
What are the 2 spawning spots? The helipad beside the house near the Colonels Yaght and.... You're not including the army base, are you? I take it there are 3 in total.

There are a total of 2 possible Hunter spawn points: the military base and the helipad on the southern tip of Ocean Beach.

You are also able to hire up to three body gaurds after you beat 100%. You can hire them in the Western room on the first floor of the Vercetti Mansion. The body gaurds are not too impressive though.

Do they fight the cops? Cuz that would be sweet for getaways. Just imagine, you're stuck on foot, you have 6 stars, and u got 3 dudes coverin' ur ass as u run for safety. Sounds fun.

No they are kind of lame--They will shoot at other gangs but they will only fire at cops if you are aiming at them--if I'm aiming at a cop he's dead anyway--so what's the purpose??

Back to your original post/question-- the general consensus is that "paramedic" is easiest in vice point-- the streets are pretty wide up there and a fair amount of patients will spawn on the beach---I personally didn't like it up there because you have to drive so far off the road to drop them off and a new ambulance will spawn in your way---also the hospital is more centrally located in relation to your patients

I prefer doing it in ocean beach-- a fair amount will also spawn on the beach and there are a few short cuts to get out to the beach pretty fast (cut through alleys)--I did have couple of patients spawn on starfish island but only on later levels when you generally have plenty of time.

At this stage in the game you best not do it in Little Havanna-- the haitians will be shooting at you and I for one don't like driving out to the airport-- the roads are mostly narrow in that area.

Downtown-- isn't that hard but I and a few others had patients spawn inside the pizza place-- you can't get close enough for them to get in the ambulance and you get screwed.

The key to doing paramedic is to carefully plan out your routes for each level-- at the start of each level---pause---look at your map and plan out your routes to minimize back tracking.

Some people prefer using the siren, I don't as sometimes cars drive in your way (I'd just as soon drive around them)--- on wider streets (vice point) it seems to work better.

Thats about it...good luck

Spuds

Spuds
No they are kind of lame--They will shoot at other gangs but they will only fire at cops if you are aiming at them--if I'm aiming at a cop he's dead anyway--so what's the purpose??
Actually, they only shoot at what you're auto-aiming AND shooting at. So that's even more pointless, as with a powerful auto-aim gun, he's dead in one shot.

Jimmy Enslashay
Actually, they only shoot at what you're auto-aiming AND shooting at. So that's even more pointless, as with a powerful auto-aim gun, he's dead in one shot.
Jimmy's right, you have to be shooting for them to fire at the cops-- if you have a colt python, spaz, or MP5-- he dead anyway...if you only have a regual pistol I suppose they could help you out.

I thought it was fun trying to make the body gaurds commit suicide in varioius ways. They were kind of helpful as they do keep all the enemy fire from heading just at you as they will also direct fire, but they don't last very long.

I also found that if you get into a Maverick with them, then get out and back in quickly(so they also get out and stay on the ground) then fly away real fast they will fly after you and teleport into the helicopter.

^:lol: I've never done that!

I was taking over some territory on SA last night. I hired some guys to help me and then I started a gang war. I ducked and began shooting the bad guys when my fellow gang members slowly walked beside me and in front of me! It was kind of annoying to say the least. None of them lived.

By the way, I agree with Spuds about doing the paramedic missions in Vice Point along with whatever else the old geezer was blabbing about! J/K, it is good advice. 👍

I've done the paramedic missions just about everywhere, and only got to level 1. I did them downtown and got to level 4. I'll try Vice Point. Thanks a lot!

[edit] Also, does anyone know the best way to raise your media attention? In my last file i had stuff of legends but in this one im stuck at "World Event" for like the past month, and i've been rampagin and killing like crazy.

For media attention, get into a hunter, hover in the air and repeatedly fire the missles. You should be able to get up to about 6,500 doing this.

Are you serious? Just sit and fire missiles into the air? That's awesome! Also, I'm beginning to think that the Xbox verison of VC only has 99 hidden packages. I made 2 profiles, one to play the game, the other to get 100%. I only have 99/100 on both! Argh. I used 2 guides simultanteously, and spent my whole day searching for them.

I'm certain it would have 100, but numerous people had a glitch on the ps2 version which stopped them from getting all 100.

I've never been convinced that that glitch actually existed. I think lots of people just had difficulty finding all packages. There's lots of badly written guides and horribly inaccurate maps out there.

I don't think the Unique Jump glitch is real either. It's just that it's impossible to know which jumps you've completed and which you haven't and some are a pain to do so lots of people get convinced that they're the victim of a bug in the game.

KM.

I can positively confirm that glitch was present. As for the Xbox version, I know a couple of people who have it and found all 100. I don't know if the glitch appeared on the Xbox version.

But I can confirm the Hidden Package glitch was true on the PS2 version. I've explained it a few times before in the past.

I vagulely remember Jimmy talking about this-- you were missing the one on the beach, right??

I forget, did you ever try the remove memory card restart, and then inserting after the game restarts and reloading your game???

This might fix it for public (if it exists)-- only takes a few minutes to try.

Public-- did you mark off each one?? Do you know which one you are missing?? If not you may be like me and couldn't find the last one due to looking in slightly the wrong spot--some are hard to see.

I missed the one behind Phils (its behind one of the pier poles) and you can't see it if you approach from the east (the way I kept approaching from when I went through the list 5 or 6 times).

I also missed the one behind the Malibu (was in the TINY lot/alley ) behind it-- I kept checking in the bigger lot behind it.

I assumed I'd already collected each of these and went on through the list.

The only way I could find my last two was to start a new game and start collecting them again and marking them off--- when i came to the ones that weren't where they were supposed to be, I looked til I found them-- I sneaked to the 2nd island early to get the police heli--- collecting all of the packages takes about 90 minutes on a new restart....by doing this you should know one way or the other if you have a missing package glitch or if you were just looking in the wrong spot.

If you don't know how to get to the 2nd island early, we can get you over there.

Spuds

Actually, it was the one on the southern-most cargo ship in Vice Port. Here's what happened:

I had a visual guide, with all of the hidden packages marked on a map. I'd done it all before 100%, and this was my second attempt at 100%, and also my second attempt at getting all Hidden Packages. I marked off each by rubbing out each hidden package as I found them. It was easy to pick out the remaining packages.

I went through it all, top to bottom on the East Island, through the smaller Islands, then finally top to bottom on the West Island. I got to the last one on the southern-most cargo ship in Vice Port, but it wasn't there.

I looked for screenshots of it's exact location. I had Blake take a look at it. We'd both done it before. It wasn't there. So, after about 2 days of frustration, playing, coming back every now and then, I decided to retrace and go over every single Hidden Package again. Twice.

Still the last one wasn't there. I had to resort to restarting ALL over again, which was very annoying because all I needed was this last Hidden Package and a few more Unique Stunts.

I am 100% sure there is a glitch.

You know us old Farts-- we don't believe stuff unless we experience it....I would possibly believe it if you sent me a video tape of you checking each spot-but I couldn't view it since I have and NTSC format VCR.

Like KM, I don't believe it exists--- but paradoxilly, I'm NOT calling you a liar either (I believe you and possibly Blake believes it exists)...take this anyway you want....there is no law that says I have to believe in the glitch....Freedom in action.... 👍

I wrote all that out in case Public doesn't have the glitch and has been looking in the wrong spot like me.

Also, I forget, did you ever try the restart/reload thing?? I'm not convince this will fix this or the missing jump glitch (that might not exist either) but who knows....

Spuds

You know me, I never take it personally. ;)

As for Public, I wouldn't look at what I just post and say "Well, I probably have the glitch, oh well", either. Spend some time trying to figure it out. Take Spuds' advice. Go through them all again. Use a guide.

PublicSecrecy
Are you serious? Just sit and fire missiles into the air? That's awesome! Also, I'm beginning to think that the Xbox verison of VC only has 99 hidden packages. I made 2 profiles, one to play the game, the other to get 100%. I only have 99/100 on both! Argh. I used 2 guides simultanteously, and spent my whole day searching for them.

Have you tried mine, with a photograph of each hidden package?

http://www.famine-online.co.uk/gtavc/gtavc.html

As for whether the glitch exists or not.... I don't know. I'm not 100% convinced, but that doesn't mean I disbelieve it.

I do think that a lot of people have heard about the package glitch and jumps "glitch" and when they have difficulty finishing them off assume it's a glitch and end up restarting a game unnecessarily.

It may well exist, I don't remember you posting about it Jimmy so I don't know what exactly happened in your game, so maybe you were able to confirm it does exist.

Why are we still talking about Vice City anyway? We're not all bored with San Andreas surely?

KM.

My first time through 100% I had trouble finding one hidden package. It was the one on the beach on the little shack. I tried the memory card restart deal but it didn't work. I was convinced there was a glitch. Then after having my game corrupted from saving at Cherry Poppers I was forced to start a new game. Then while strolling around on the beach I found that hidden package in the shack and it turns out I was searching the wrong one the whole time because of a poorly marked guide. :ouch:

I knew someone missed one on the beach....

Ok.... this thread is way off topic--- if you aren't going to talk about killing in VC, then get off this thread......

Spuds

Famine
Have you tried mine, with a photograph of each hidden package?

http://www.famine-online.co.uk/gtavc/gtavc.html
Plug, cough plug! :lol:
KieranMurphy
Why are we still talking about Vice City anyway? We're not all bored with San Andreas surely?
I am....
Jimmy Enslashay
Actually, it was the one on the southern-most cargo ship in Vice Port. Here's what happened:

I had a visual guide, with all of the hidden packages marked on a map. I'd done it all before 100%, and this was my second attempt at 100%, and also my second attempt at getting all Hidden Packages. I marked off each by rubbing out each hidden package as I found them. It was easy to pick out the remaining packages.

I went through it all, top to bottom on the East Island, through the smaller Islands, then finally top to bottom on the West Island. I got to the last one on the southern-most cargo ship in Vice Port, but it wasn't there.

I looked for screenshots of it's exact location. I had Blake take a look at it. We'd both done it before. It wasn't there. So, after about 2 days of frustration, playing, coming back every now and then, I decided to retrace and go over every single Hidden Package again. Twice.

Still the last one wasn't there. I had to resort to restarting ALL over again, which was very annoying because all I needed was this last Hidden Package and a few more Unique Stunts.

I am 100% sure there is a glitch.
Yes I can confirm this, he came over my house saying the package isn't there, we'd both done it before so I assumed he had just forgotten where the package was, I searched that ship for 20 minutes before agreeing, the package was not there.

Sorry to continue to bring this off topic.

I have officially decided to restart Vice City. New game. Completely fresh. AND, as soon as I unlock downtown/little haiti/little havanna/viceport im doing the Hidden Package hunt. I'm gettin my ass a helicopter and doing the hunt. If i see one without the guide, im NOT getting it. I'm going to eliminate the chance of any hidden package being missed. Damn those hidden packages. They're a source of much displeasure and pain in my life. In fact, I'm going to start over right now.

If you want to get the packages straight away-- check out this thread--- shows how to get to the 2nd island right away (one of several ways)--- the police heli will be available on top of the police station so you can fly right away.

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=126628

You can try the method I discovered but I don't know if it works on any platform other then PS2 (drive though concrete barrier)--- you must aim for the gap at high speed and be upright as you come to it (not turning)
http://www.freewebs.com/spuds725/barrier.wmv

Spuds

That's awesome! Before, I previously never put VC into a frustrating game category. Finding 100 hidden packages brings all new meaning to the term "going postal".

Back