La Sarthe and Spa ,weather report and other " stuff "

Yeah, but that's ok for me. The car is already pretty OP as it is. I lost it twice, I had to go slower through corners on multiple laps because of the tires and I still won on hard by 56 seconds. So no complaining here😉

BTW: Does anyone here have both, the RX-7 and the RX-8 swapped? If so, which one do you prefer overall?
I have both. A coin-flip for me.

Gone into an FF mode for the Moment
20970089180006717.jpg

Gran Turismoâ„¢ 7_20240430164942.jpg

Engine swapped maxed out Civic, Had a dry race start to finish that needs short shifting on FM6 for 3 laps and full beans for 2 laps between FM4-6

Today checking my invitations expiring day , so i get another Bugatti and realise that i never drive one .
So i bought one did weight upgrades ,brakes and few stuff more and put in at la sarthe with some minimum tuning.
Put FM6 from the beginning ( Bugatti are fuel burners anyway ) and choose MT gears since they have tremendous torque and usually are faster on low shifting .

3 laps easy but what a car !!!!!
Its sooooo easy , relax and fast .
And the tyres don't want change!!!!!
Only fuels.
It worth to try it if you have a second copy ( keep one stock ) .

I'll come back with more details.

Today checking my invitations expiring day , so i get another Bugatti and realise that i never drive one .
So i bought one did weight upgrades ,brakes and few stuff more and put in at la sarthe with some minimum tuning.
Put FM6 from the beginning ( Bugatti are fuel burners anyway ) and choose MT gears since they have tremendous torque and usually are faster on low shifting .

Only fuels.

I had tried the Veyron a few months back and I was surprised at the fuel usage. It was so fast and it a great LeMans car

kjb
I had tried the Veyron a few months back and I was surprised at the fuel usage. It was so fast and it a great LeMans car
I wasn't aware of how good he is .
Thought that will be a " pig " that only runs fast on straight line ,but today i eat my tongue with it .

Ok he need MT gears and short shift , but many others and especially swapped cars need that to.
Has huge torque and runs faster on MT than AT anyway .

It's now in the category of " hidden" gem for me and i already have 4 of them but ill by a couple more to put different liveries and tunes,with and without permanent mods.

Later ill do a couple of races and ill post my report and impressions.

Only fuels.

As long as you don't have to look at the car everything's fine😄

I wasn't aware of how good he is .
Thought that will be a " pig " that only runs fast on straight line ,but today i eat my tongue with it .

Ok he need MT gears and short shift , but many others and especially swapped cars need that to.
Has huge torque and runs faster on MT than AT anyway .

It's now in the category of " hidden" gem for me and i already have 4 of them but ill by a couple more to put different liveries and tunes,with and without permanent mods.

Later ill do a couple of races and ill post my report and impressions.
I guess I will give all my Bugatti a test run....

This one is wide car .
Am setting and one normal but still struggling for best settings ( both ).
High rpm turbo , shaft, brakes etc.
Weight till stage 4.

IMG_20240507_200124660_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240507_204739907_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240507_204755766_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240507_204815383_HDR.jpg

Did an 8 lap race since little rain occurs at lap 6 and try last lap at FM1 but gather 3.5 seconds penalty 😂 so was worthless.
Approximately at FM1 " right " lap a 3.51-52 must be doable since at free test i went at 3.49 low.

Worth a shot guys, it's the king of torque.

Last edited:
I bought a duplicate Veyron Gr.4 and dumped the Subaru (!) motor in it and did two runs last night before I had to sleep, first was set for power and only got me barely two laps @ FM6. The second was fuel saving at lowest settings on the ECU & power restrictor and it barely gave me a third lap if I wanted to squeeze it out.
Tomorrow I test different Bug....

I bought a duplicate Veyron Gr.4 and dumped the Subaru (!) motor in it and did two runs last night before I had to sleep, first was set for power and only got me barely two laps @ FM6. The second was fuel saving at lowest settings on the ECU & power restrictor and it barely gave me a third lap if I wanted to squeeze it out.
Tomorrow I test different Bug....
You will test the Veyron 16.4 13 ?
Or you don't have copies ?

I think the Chiron model , we use it once with the billionaire piting every lap in order to make 8 lap stint.
Perhaps with lower weight and less HP can also make 3 laps at FM6 but need to test it .

Am waiting @AlexWilmot settings to finalise the tune that suits me and might deal later with Chiron.

After seeing @smoothbore12 talk about the Veyron I took mine out after buying another one. Which have been unnecessary since I won one last week but sold. 🤣 Anyway I was able to get 3 laps @FM6 with a lot of short shifting. It was pretty fun and it was probably one of my better races in that I didn't get any penalties until the couple of turns on lap 7 when I was really trying to race I was just ready to finish the race. I almost cut the last couple of corners but didn't want to get a 1 minute penalty which might have put my win in jeopardy

The weather at Spa 1 hour race was horrendous yesterday. Probably the worst torrential rain that I've ever driven in. From about lap 7 to 14 it was chucking it down virtually non-stop. It then resumed a bit more on about lap 18. Even on wet tyres I had to drastically slow down. Not sure if that's just the 962c's general weakness (bad in the rain) but my God, was it bad...

I've beaten hard mode on the 10 lap race with the Toyota. It had a @praiano63 tune on it. I used a 4-4-2 pit stop strategy. Four laps in medium tyres saw me climb to 2nd place. The second stint was also medium tyres and this time I took the lead. I pitted at the end of lap eight for two laps of fuel and soft race tyres. I had a 20 second lead and expected a 20 second deficit but it was less. I got close enough to see the AI Toyota take the lead from the long tail McLaren before I took both of them for the win.

Both cars were hard to stretch an extra lap, I got 3 with the 16.4 and two laps with Chiron.
Both cars I had to do some extreme fuel savings in slipstream and coasting.

Will try to get the VGT bugs (both) down to 700pp for next round of tests.....

Last edited:
Back