Lego

• Thread starter LoudMusic
  • 2,420 comments
The upcoming Speed Champions look great, I am especially happy to see the Vision GT Lamborghini and another F1.

76924-Mercedes-AMG-G63-and-SL-63-Lowres-Box.jpg

76923-Lamborghini-Lambo-V12-Vision-Gran-Turismo-Lowres-Box-and-Set.jpg

76295-Aston-Martin-Vantage-Safety-Car-AMR23-Set-and-Box-Lowres.jpg

I'm definitely getting the Lamborghini and Aston Martin sets, but on the fence about the Mercedes set. Normally the Mercedes set wouldn't interest me at all, but I read that a Technic set of the G wagon is coming out this year, so it might be cool to have a small version of it as well.

I've personally never cared about minifigs at all.
I was going to say something like "me neither, I just thought it was interesting" but I've since started buying the new series 26 space collectable minifigs. Maybe I do care about minifigs after all? These are some pretty nice figs though. Edit, I had five when I posted this, just been back to the shop and found six more so I only need the robot nanny now...

I've heard a rumour about an 8-wide F40 due this year, since I got my Countach my old F40 has been a bit of a retroactive disappointment. I hope the rumour is true!

Last edited:
I've heard a rumour about an 8-wide F40 due this year, since I got my Countach my old F40 has been a bit of a retroactive disappointment. I hope the rumour is true!
I heard about that too. Yeah, I look forward to getting an 8 wide version. It would be nice if they made a Porsche 959 as well.

I had to order the new Tie Interceptor via lego.com. The fam kept me busy all day and my LLS sold out of them. First time I've missed out on a launch star wars ucs lego since I started with the Tantive IV in like 2001 or whenever it came out 😭 Time to go sell the old Interceptor.

Jerome

Last edited:
I was going to say something like "me neither, I just thought it was interesting" but I've since started buying the new series 26 space collectable minifigs. Maybe I do care about minifigs after all? These are some pretty nice figs though. Edit, I had five when I posted this, just been back to the shop and found six more so I only need the robot nanny now...

I didn't care about minifigs until recently and started collecting a few of the CMF series from over the years. Certainly not out to get them all, just a few here and there that I like. Waiting on an order of 12 recent mystery space CMFs.

Also an 8 wide F40 would be great. Would also be nice to see the 911 Turbo redone in 8 wide too.

Managed to find the last fig I needed for the Space set, got lucky as it was the second one I scanned, I feared I'd have to stand there and scan a whole box. It motivated me to get the City Space hoverbike polybag too and the store I found selling them is still doing 3 for £10 so I ordered another 30669 (it's a 3 in 1 after all) and a 30682 Curiosity rover. I just hope they don't arrive at my place before I get back from holiday!

I imagine at this rate I'll end up with a few more of the City Space sets, maybe not the bigger ones though.

I got 2 mystery boxes with 6 CMF series 26 space figs each... and both boxes contained the same 6 figures. Felt a little bummed about that but gave the duplicates away.

Last edited:
Impressive, BOTW Lego Map!

Kinda makes me want to build my Amazing Fantasy 15 comic book cover. Except that it'd cost $3,000 in 1x1 tiles via Bricklink. The boss said if I build it, I better sell it :lol:

1715814520843.png

I did one for Action Comics 1 and ran out of steam for Detective Comics 27. But maybe I'll get back into doing DC27 and Hulk 1. At least in Studio 2.0.

1715814712387.png

Jerome

Last edited:
Impressive, BOTW Lego Map!

Kinda makes me want to build my Amazing Fantasy 15 comic book cover. Except that it'd cost $3,000 in 1x1 tiles via Bricklink. The boss said if I build it, I better sell it :lol:

View attachment 1355766

I did one for Action Comics 1 and ran out of steam for Detective Comics 27. But maybe I'll get back into doing DC27 and Hulk 1. At least in Studio 2.0.

View attachment 1355771

Jerome
Studio just introduced a terrible update. Tons of people complaining about it on the Studio forum. Won't affect you too much if you're doing tile mosaics, as it mostly affects the rotation function.

I decided I wanted the current £90 tier GWP, the Alien Diner, so decided to buy a couple of things on my list, namely the mini Millennium Falcon and the City Space Explorers pack which is the polybag I bought literally last week, the power suit and the Interstellar Spaceship. I considered the Technic orrery but it's become something of a tradition for my sister to give me gift cards for my birthday that I spend on something Star Wars and I like the look of the midi Falcon.

I'm also tempted to stop off at the Lego store after work sometime to build some Space minifigs as they've just released some new pieces into their Build a Minifig section. Gotta say, I'm suddenly really into their space figs. Stupid series 26.

Last edited:
Studio just introduced a terrible update. Tons of people complaining about it on the Studio forum. Won't affect you too much if you're doing tile mosaics, as it mostly affects the rotation function.
Ouch. That app has been solid for a long time for me anyway. Is the view rotation affected, or how you rotate each piece around?

I also looked up buying these lego pieces separately and it turns out two of my items sell for an arm and a leg; 32 x 32 baseplate and 'brown' tiles. If I swap those out for 16 x 16 baseplates and 'reddish brown' tiles, the price of my Spider-Man poster drops to 'just' $850. I'd have to see if that color would suffice, but maybe later on if I feel motivated I could try and convince the boss to let me build it.

Jerome

I grabbed 2 more of CMF Series 26 on Ebay in addition to the 6 I got in the mystery boxes. I like all 12 in the series, but not willing buy the rest yet.

1000016898.jpg

On a side note, I hate to admit that my passion for Lego is dwindling a little and it's been a while since I even built anything despite having a few new sets waiting to be built. Maybe it was a case of too much too fast and I just need to take a breather and the spark will return.

I decided I wanted the current £90 tier GWP, the Alien Diner, so decided to buy a couple of things on my list
I really wanted that GWP too and caved in and grabbed a few sets in my wishlist. Definitely need to re-evaluate my wishlist because it's at over $3k USD 😅

@SPhilli911 I've bought a bunch of sets I haven't built yet, for me it's because if I build them then I either need to find somewhere to store them out of sight or disassemble them before my son sees them because there's a 1:1 chance he'll kick off, which in turn has killed my desire to build anything bigger than a polybag.

And my wishlist, as far as new sets goes at least, is really short: the Technic orrery, Concorde, Ornithopter and maybe some more of the space stuff. Oh and I'd like to get another one of the Creator high speed trains to go with the one I already have. That's it, really!

@SPhilli911 I've bought a bunch of sets I haven't built yet, for me it's because if I build them then I either need to find somewhere to store them out of sight or disassemble them before my son sees them because there's a 1:1 chance he'll kick off, which in turn has killed my desire to build anything bigger than a polybag.

And my wishlist, as far as new sets goes at least, is really short: the Technic orrery, Concorde, Ornithopter and maybe some more of the space stuff. Oh and I'd like to get another one of the Creator high speed trains to go with the one I already have. That's it, really!
I don't have kids to worry about, but I certainly have space to worry about. It really is a shame to have to take sets apart afterwards and store them just because of the lack of space but that's where I am too. Sadly, no set I have remains built for long and has to go into storage after and it's very tedious to take sets apart. Think that's a big factor in my passion fading a little on Lego.

Ouch. That app has been solid for a long time for me anyway. Is the view rotation affected, or how you rotate each piece around?
Viewing didn't change, but function of the rotation changed. Mostly when you try to rotate anything around a pin or a hinge, the process is just clunkier. And the interface is clunkier and more busy. Now each time you select a part, a bunch of arrows show up which rotates the piece 90 degrees in a certain direction if you click it. This is something that pretty much nobody would find useful, as everybody just uses the arrow keys on the keyboard to do the same thing. The option to bring up the coordinates when you select a piece was also removed. Now you have to either use a hotkey, or right click the piece and select it from the drop down menu.

Last edited:
Back