New Cars Seen on the Road

• Thread starter Hooligan
  • 37 comments
I couldn't help myself. I know this isn't the most popular type of thread, but no one I work with really cares about cars enough to talk about this stuff (shameful, I know). Nonetheless, I just have to get this stuff out of my system.

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo:
The hair on the back of my neck stands on end when I see this drive by. Envy? I think so. Intimidation? Not so much as a need to prove that somehow my car is better...and knowing that it's not. I take consolation in the fact that mine's not a Mitz, for however far that carries me.

Mazda MazdaSpeed Protoge:
Mazda is so carefully moving in the right direction. One release after the next.... I'd want them to move along faster, but it gives people time to appreciate the kind of great cars Mazda is making these days. Can't wait for the new MX-5...probably 8 years from now.

Porsche Cayenne S:
I still stand by my statement that this is a pointless vehicle. That said, it moves like a b!tch in heat. It is seriously imposing and has major road presence. It's also stylistically bland (outside of the Porsche-esque front end). I still don't want one, but I'm starting to understand the appeal: Only in America could something so over the top in so many categories sell so quickly.

Saturn Ion:
Can't stand this thing. I am glad to see, however, that there are twice as many Lancer Evo's on the road as there are Ion's. I only hope it stays that way. Someone has got to teach Saturn a thing or two-thousand about car design.

Subaru Impreza WRX 2004:
My jury's still out on this one. Yes, it's a better face, but sometimes character means being a little...different. It was bug-eyed, but not like the Neon (or so I insist). It was a face that was initially something I looked past, then grew to accept, and now kind of miss (despite seeing it every time I walk up to my car). It's that nostalgia creeping up on me. Must be connected to my recent interest in Muscle Cars....

Volkswagen Beetle Cabriolet:
Cute. Girly. Not interested in it. I had a conversation with a co-worker about retro cars, and how this Beetle and the recent string of Ford's are really not retro. They're retro-ish; they're cars-that-make-you-think-it's-retro-but-it's-not. The GT40 is retro. The upcoming Mustang (this year's concept) is another great idea. A runaway from Woody Allen's "The Sleeper" is a poor excuse for a car. There was a reason a genuine Beetle was in that movie.

i see about every 'new car' that is out just about every day since i take Ogden Ave. to school and just about all of the biggest car dealorships in the suburbs of chicago are on that road.

Porsche
Ferrari
Luxury Motors
Bently of Downers Grove
Laurel- Mercedes, Audi, BMW, etc.
Land Rover
...and many more

they are always being taken out on test drives or going down the road.

Originally posted by bigwhlkid
i see about every 'new car' that is out just about every day since i take Ogden Ave. to school and just about all of the biggest car dealorships in the suburbs of chicago are on that road.

Spectacular. That's not the point of the thread. I don't care what's actually out there. Shoot, I could ramble off everything I see every day, too. I started this to discuss or argue the new stuff, not just list it.

Originally posted by quicksilver1122
The Ford Mustang released this year is called the Mach1 right? Do you know the name of the one shown in the car shows?

Are you refering to the next evolution of the Mustang GT? It's the newly designed Mustang GT for a new platform.

The Mach1 is a special edition mustang, on the current (old) platform, just as the Bullitt Mustang was last year. Isn't there a Boss302 scheduled, also?

I will maintain with all my strength, that the Infiniti G35 is the Nissan 350Z.
I have seen them both up close. A pretty lady in a blue G35 blew past me yesterday on the Freeway.
I think from more than 50 feet away if they were parked side by side most of us would have trouble telling them apart.

Originally posted by bigwhlkid

Porsche
Ferrari
Luxury Motors
Bently of Downers Grove
Laurel- Mercedes, Audi, BMW, etc.
Land Rover
...and many more

they are always being taken out on test drives or going down the road.

Do you go to College of Dupage?

Originally posted by Gil
I will maintain with all my strength, that the Infiniti G35 is the Nissan 350Z.
I have seen them both up close. A pretty lady in a blue G35 blew past me yesterday on the Freeway.
I think from more than 50 feet away if they were parked side by side most of us would have trouble telling them apart.

They're very close, but the G35 has been stretched and molded just enough to fit those two rear seats. Other than that (or maybe, because of that), the G35 Coupe is a much better car. It's what the 350Z should have been, and something else should have been the new 'Z.

Why? Because all Z's are special. Not that the car itself is, but the experience of driving one is. It's unique. From the 240Z to the addmittedly-bloated 300ZX, you feel something getting into the driver's seat. The 350Z feels like a shortened Maxima. IMO, not a true Z. ;)

Do you go to College of Dupage?

i go to Westmont High School, its pretty messed up because all the dealors and office buildings claim to be located in Oakbrook when my school and the junior high are actually closer to Oakbrook than they are.

-but back on subject and sorry about that Hooligan i misunderstood the title.
i saw a new beetle convertible the other day and i must say they look great.

Well, I quite like the new 350Z, just saw one in the holidays by Miranda...it was white, and the guy inside looked to be VERY cramped! :lol: But it does really look sweet..:D

black 350Z-
awesome

blue Cayenne-
nice, looks better in the flesh

White 996T and black 996-
boring, see them all the time

silver E55 AMG-
looks the same as the E320 that I saw 5 mins later but it had bigger rims on it

green Nissan Patrol 4.8-
best SUV/off roader out there

the TSX AND THE PORSHE suv.

also another new honda suv (sorry but i didn't se the name)

the new mazda 6 and infini m45 (no sure about the name)

also the new SL500 (with roof on glass)

Ahhh, so they do sell Zondas in the UK, I wasn't dreaming when I saw one in my rear view mirror.

I swear I saw a new NSX, but I was going about 70 on the other side of the A10, so I only caught a glimpse of it.

Is the 350z for sale in the uk?

350z.... Ugly! lol.

No offense to all you that like it, but I think it's a complete Porsche wanna be except its missing all the the curves that just make porsche's THAT much sweeter. Having it just says (to me) "I wanted a porsche but instead I decided to be a poser." ;)

It's like that car that WAS out, I think, that looked exactly like the Hummer. It put out the same message.

i sat in a 350z and beutfiul Z4 beutftil interior and jag XKR :drool: hummer h2 spechless, m3 spechless looked at the new durango :drool: new vipre :drool: so much more.

Today-I had to go for a run from school down to the beach with my hockey team

off the top of my head...
grey/purple R34 GTR Skyline
A Mitsubishi CZ2. I didnt think these things were even out in Japan
silver XKR convirtible, look better in a darker colour, even better as a coupe
black HSV VY Clubsport

Cayenne Turbo

This thing seems to be flying out of the showroom even faster than I thought. I figured there'd be a bunch of Cayenne S's after a few months, with a Turbo or two, but it seems 50/50 between Turbos' and S's, and I'm seeing almost two different ones a day.

It looks better in person than in print, but it's no looker either way. It's very much like an X5 with a Porsche-esque nose (not even a complete front end, just the nose). About as odd an exercise in automotive engineering as the ML55 (unless you like that type of excess.

And while the mechanicals are impressive, I get the feeling this (along with the rush of new AMG Merc's) is going to cause some pinhead in Washington to feel that new fuel regulations are in order. As in, regulations on the order of Nader's ideas. I fear hydrogen cells will be the option of choice, rather than anything else.

But, it will be fun while it lasts.

I know it's not new, and I have seen hundreds of them, but god how I despise this truck.

The H2 is ****ing small. I had the seat all the way back and the damn steering wheel was in my lap. It was uncomfortable to sit in, and even worse to drive. The back seats are small, and that spare wheel in the back kills cargo space.

Honestly, I dont see how anybody can like this. To me it's another worthless overpriced SUV on the road. How I long for the H1 after driving this horrid thing. I had the pleasure of driving a 1999 Corvette, and it had more leg room than the H2.

The H1 is the ultimate SUV, it should still be in production. It's big, powerfull and roomy. Even with that huge console in the middle of the seats it fits me well, I had tons of room when driving the H1.

Er, sorry for the ranting, just had to get it out. :banghead: :mad:

I live in crappy Oregon, and southern Oregon at that, I don't get the pleasure of seeing things like new Porches, Jag. XKR's, Ferraris, and what ever other cool cars you can think of. I envy all of you who have seen all these cool cars in person.

I did get to sit in a Saleen S7 whil attending the Woodward Dream cruise in 2002.

Originally posted by ConvictKid
I know it's not new, and I have seen hundreds of them, but god how I despise this truck.

The H2 is ****ing small. I had the seat all the way back and the damn steering wheel was in my lap. It was uncomfortable to sit in, and even worse to drive. The back seats are small, and that spare wheel in the back kills cargo space.

Honestly, I dont see how anybody can like this. To me it's another worthless overpriced SUV on the road. How I long for the H1 after driving this horrid thing. I had the pleasure of driving a 1999 Corvette, and it had more leg room than the H2.

The H1 is the ultimate SUV, it should still be in production. It's big, powerfull and roomy. Even with that huge console in the middle of the seats it fits me well, I had tons of room when driving the H1.

Er, sorry for the ranting, just had to get it out. :banghead: :mad:

I live in crappy Oregon, and southern Oregon at that, I don't get the pleasure of seeing things like new Porches, Jag. XKR's, Ferraris, and what ever other cool cars you can think of. I envy all of you who have seen all these cool cars in person.

I did get to sit in a Saleen S7 whil attending the Woodward Dream cruise in 2002.

We went there last year too :). You might have seen us (me and my uncle), we were in his GT2.

I loved the H1 and I personally think the H2 isnt bad. Its made to be more luxurious. I'd rather have the H1 though...

Z4- saw a silver one today and i dont think they are all that great. though i bet they are fairly fast.

350Z- i was following it down my street on my way home and the guy driving it parked right in front of my house, it was silver and :drool: what a beute. i spent a little while staring at it and i think it looks good except for the front end being a bit 'choppy' looking.

Latest Posts

Back