Obtaining Better B-Spec Stats ??

• Thread starter LivingSoul
  • 552 comments
How many points are good enough? This is somewhat subjective, but I'll try to give some numbers for comparison. Also, the B-spec level isn't as good of a measure as skill, so let's assume that the battle skill and course skill are almost the same, and their score matches the % of B-spec level.

[Level/Machine/Course/Battle] Examples: 5500/66/55/55 (55%), 7700/88/77/77 (77%).

30% - Poor: Don't trust the B-driver unattended.
50% - Fair: Probably safe in an endurance race with a powerful car.
70% - Good: Can win the F1 Seiries.
85% - Great: Can win Opel races rated at 200 A-spec points.
99% - Outstanding: Expect to control every race.
100% - Outstanding: Still makes mistakes on tricky turns if the pace is too high or the car isn't properly tuned. 10000 B-spec points is mostly a matter of statistics and point collection.

7000 points is about average if you use B-spec a lot during normal play, but you didn't follow any guides. 8500 points is pretty good for normal play and is reported by people who make the B-spec driver work at winning. Once the skills get over about 80%, their influence on driving is much more noticable. The improvement to passing ability is dramatic.

To build B-spec skill gradually during normal play, I suggest racing and tuning every new car won on Nurburgring until the machine skill is maxed out. Then race your new cars on tracks that aren't used as often for that class of car. It shouldn't take long to get a B-driver with 80% or better skill that can be trusted to win almost any race.

Orion_SR
what are your skill levels? This data is used to determine which points might be missing. Also, I'm assuming you didn't make the 7051 landmark because you picked up this thread mid-game.

Sorry I have not answered a follow-up but I was out of town on the Labor Day weekend. My Skill levels right now are 9697/100/96/96. But I did not get half these points using the Japanese theory. At first I did all of the races in b-spec for the Beginner, Professional, American Halls, then I found your notes on the Japanese Theory. Then I started to follow it, first did the floating points using all the classes and mods running on the Nurburgring as stated in your notes, but instead of using the RSC rally I used the RSC street (or stock), but I got my 100 machine points.

Once I got my machine points I started to work on the track points. I used the 4 cars in your notes except for the RSC. In doing so I got 13 points for each car on each track except for the RSC stock, I did not get any points using the RSC stock. After going through all the tracks I came to 9463/100/94/94. That is when I relized I was using the wrong car.

However since then I did get the RSC Rally and started to collect points again. I have done 18 tracks with the RSC rally by itself and I am now up to 9697/100/96/96.

gt4falcon
I have a question about race order. I have been studying this thread for a while now, and have been using Orion_S notes to get to 10,000. I went through all of the tracks using the 4 different classes. Until the end when I only got to 9463 and realized that I was using the wrong class of car. I was using the street Toyota RSC instead of the Rally RSC. My question is do you think that I can use the Rally RSC only and go through the tracks to get to 10,000 or do I have to use the other three classes again along with the Rally RSC one at a time for each tracks?

I guess my original question has been answered. You do not have to run each classes one at a time on one track. You take a car a run each track.

Thank You so much for your help Orion_SR I do apperciate it!

gt4falcon
However since then I did get the RSC Rally and started to collect points again. I have done 18 tracks with the RSC rally by itself and I am now up to 9697/100/96/96.

It looks like my guesses were way off base again. That happens; finding lost points is still a lot of guess work. I don't play much anymore so I'm sure my guesses are getting less accurate - many were always way off base.

Your skills look good. You might be in good shape on the floating points. The best way to tell is to track the changes of the course and battle skills. If they always change together, and change really close to even 100s, then chances are pretty good that you have all of the floating points.

Orion_SR
Those two cars are similar enough I would guess they earned the same track points. Besides, you are well within the 750 points that would have been missed. (This guess turned out to be incorrect, the cars don't earn the same track points.)

No I think your theory is still good. I believe that the RSC stock (at 280hp) is in a different class then the RSC Rally (at 423hp). I think that the RSC stock is in the same class as the Miata. That is way I was not getting any points with the RSC stock because I was using the Miata first and getting the points with that.

Orion_SR
Your skills look good. You might be in good shape on the floating points. The best way to tell is to track the changes of the course and battle skills. If they always change together, and change really close to even 100s, then chances are pretty good that you have all of the floating points.

My floating points might be off. I was keeping track in the early part of the 10,000 mark and my course skills changes before my battle skills. Course changes when the 100s change but the battle changes in the teens. I am up to 9899/100/98/98 now with 7 more tracks to go. Suzuka Circuit, Suzuka East, Fuji 2005, Fuji 2005 GT, Nurburgring, Sarth I, and Sarthe II.

The overall therory may still be sound, but I was certainly wrong about those two cars. No matter, enough information is available that people seem to have a strong understanding about where to look for points. There is no reason to assume that any missing floating points are from the RSC, but I'd try it first anyway. If you get to the end and find you are a few points short (it looks like at least 10), then check ANK's message about finding the last batch of points. Basically, ANK found that the standard set of cars and tunings wouldn't produce any more points, and tried some other options.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1827970&postcount=146

When the JP set of cars and tunings no longer provides new points, these cars have found additional points.

Ford SVT Lightning with max HP + stage 3 weight reduction round the Nurburgring. - ANK
Dodge RAM 1500 Laramie (default) on Nurburgring. - Orion_SR

A stupid question, but please answer me: My B-spec has 7197/94/74/65 with only about 950 km driven, is this good or bad? Also what is that rumour about the helmet colour of the driver?

7197/94/74/65 with only about 950 km is pretty efficient, in any case. Mileage is irrelevant. You've got well-developed machine (handling) skills, but are a little weak on battle skills (passing?).

I really would be interested to know low mileage figures at which someone achieved 10000/100/100/100. I'm guessing it should be well under 3000 miles.

Greycap
A stupid question, but please answer me: My B-spec has 7197/94/74/65 with only about 950 km driven, is this good or bad? Also what is that rumour about the helmet colour of the driver?
I never tracked my mileage because I was following a testing strategy that was extremely inefficient. Sometimes I ran all night on photo mode, which doesn't slow down to pit, just to make sure no more points were in the car. Also, since I collected my 4 classes of points separately, my mileage would be at least double what is required. I'm sorry but I can't check my stats at this time, my nephew has borrowed the game, so I don't expect to see it again soon.

The JP author attained 10000 B-spec points with only 3,517km. This is the most effecient known collection.
+ 38 races on the Ring
+ 228 races on the other B-spec tracks
+ 1 race for the last point
+ 2 races for the RSC (A-spec mileage)
+ 5 races for the 350Z (A-spec mileage)
+ 2 races marked as repeated for additional points (#45, #88)
+ 13 additional races not reported
= 289 races reported after 10000 points (3,517km)

However, it should be noted the the JP author achieved 7051 points in only 38 races on the Ring, and others have done it in less. Floating points accumulate quickly, it's the last 3000 points that are difficult to collect.

7197/94/74/65 is good enough if you intend to provide the B-spec driver with more powerful cars than the competition. The driver may have trouble passing on short, narrow, or complicated tracks. However, your B-driver also has the skills to safely win by only a little, and this will boost the battle skill.

A course skill higher than the battle skill isn't necessarily a bad sign. A player who regularly tunes new cars with the B-spec driver because of his consistency and ability to fast forward to the straights is likely to have elevated course and machine skills. The B-spec driver is also good for laying down practice ghosts for license test and missions. Both of these strategies improve A-spec, machine, and course skill, but make the battle skill appear to lag.

Helmet Color: I have seen reports that the B-spec driver will wear different colored clothes as more A-spec points are earned. This is somewhat dependent on which car is driven. You could try searching the old threads, I'm sure I saw more accurate information somewhere. This link is to information I read.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=64092

Orion_SR
If you get to the end and find you are a few points short (it looks like at least 10), then check ANK's message about finding the last batch of points. Basically, ANK found that the standard set of cars and tunings wouldn't produce any more points, and tried some other options.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1827970&postcount=146

When the JP set of cars and tunings no longer provides new points, these cars have found additional points.

Ford SVT Lightning with max HP + stage 3 weight reduction round the Nurburgring. - ANK
Dodge RAM 1500 Laramie (default) on Nurburgring. - Orion_SR

I got through all of the Tracks and came up with 9977/100/99/99. I am now trying the suggestion on getting the other 23 points. Right now I am using the Ford SVT truck but I am not having any luck. I have tried it three times around the Nurburgring but I am not getting any points. I'll keep trying to found those last few points.

gt4falcon
I got through all of the Tracks and came up with 9977/100/99/99. I am now trying the suggestion on getting the other 23 points. Right now I am using the Ford SVT truck but I am not having any luck. I have tried it three times around the Nurburgring but I am not getting any points. I'll keep trying to found those last few points.

Good luck; this is when things can get frustrating. You'll probably need to find that special car to unlock your particular pocket of points, then we can add it to the list. To frustrate things further, I suspect that you are still missing a track point. Otherwise the course skill should have maxed out at 100 - well, that's the current theory anyway.

HugeF1
What difficult settings should I be using for this method? (The Japanese Guy's)
Changing the difficulty level of the competition doesn't seem to influence the points, only your control of the race. I kept the levels the same as the B-driver's skills increased because I liked the consistency of the races. I preferred -3 difficulty for Lupo, Miata, and RSC, -4 for 350Z, and -6 for all short courses. However, I used a slightly different tuning set than the JP author. With very high skills, level 0, fast pace, and overtake, tends to end as a good race.

Changing the difficulty class allows you to control which cars are likely to be presented as competition. You need to find a balance between an easy win at the last second, and not outclassing the competition so much that the B-spec driver accidentally passes and out runs the field. Ideally, when an accidental pass occurs, the 2nd place car will still keep up if the pace is set to level 1 - slow down.

The Lupo's nemisis is the Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie. Adjust the difficulty so that this car is not part of the competition. The Miata's nemesis is the Prius Touring Selection, this car is worth avoiding. The competition set for the RSC and 350Z doesn't have any particular opponents that need to be avoided, but if you find a car is annoying, you have a strategy for dealing with it.

Using the same difficulty level for each car and tuning allows you to predict which opponent will eventually be the second place car. This is the car you would prefer to follow during the race, it helps to know at the start which car it will be.
Actually, I prefer to follow in third until late in the race.

The short courses in the Driving Park are really tough and require a very low settings in order to have a chance at winning. Especially when 4 out of 5 ditch on the last lap so you need to follow in last place to avoid to large of a lead.

Original Japanese Data: http://www.geocities.jp/j8ba7yrg/gt4/7_10000.html
Column 6 list the difficulty setting used be the JP author.

From TigJackson's post of the Itazura Stone Translations. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1580846&postcount=31

Tuning a car can change its class designation. Setting opposing car strength to -2 through -10 not only permits managing the race for gradual/steady passing (ensuring high battle points), it also allows you to conduct much of the race in "slow down" or "cruise" mode, which in turn ensures high course points by keeping your driver on the track.

The author did some testing and found that passing too many opposing cars in roughly the first 12 seconds of a race can reduce battle points awarded. So he adopted a strategy of downgrading the opponent level to a point where the B-Spec driver can be paced in "slow down" mode to lag back and not pass until at least about 13 seconds into the race (or at Nurburging, before the first hairpin), then not run away from the competition. As a result, in all of the races shown in his tables, the opposition skill level has been set at between -2 and -10. He points out that strategies for pacing will vary depending upon whether the race has a grid or rolling start. and will also be impacted by the length of the course.

My notes: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1686790

* Set Family Cup difficulty to -3 (or -6 for short courses); adjust as needed to easily maintain 2nd place as skills increase and to avoid uber cars like the Ram or Prius Touring Selection. Note: With high skill levels, the B-driver will pass accidentally by taking turns much better than opponents and making far fewer mistakes. I prefer to follow in 3rd, and try for a tie - just for fun.

I hate this dumb B-spec
OK I am using the Japanese guy's method, and in a few races with a VW LUPO with 100 BHP, it puts in a Doge RAM ffs with 250BHP. It's always when I put it on Minus 5 difficulty.
BTW, I don't want to be dumb and just put it on Minus 10, cos I'll win too easiy and not gain battle points.

Also Do I always have to win to gain points?

HugeF1
OK I am using the Japanese guy's method, and in a few races with a VW LUPO with 100 BHP, it puts in a Doge RAM ffs with 250BHP. It's always when I put it on Minus 5 difficulty.
BTW, I don't want to be dumb and just put it on Minus 10, cos I'll win too easiy and not gain battle points.
The Dodge RAM 1500 Laramie is definately worth avoiding. Team A-spec has concluded that this car has it's "base values" seriously out of whack. It is the car of choice for easy (not skilled) 200 A-spec point races. I suspect someone at PD made a mistake entering some digits for the Ram.

When I entered a Ram in a Family Cup on Nurburgring at level +10 it won by over a minute. I invented a measurement scale for Family Cup cars based on this observation. The Ram was given a rating of FC +11. The Prius Touring Selection rated at FC +5 (I think, it's been a while) - it won a Family Cup race on the Ring at level +5. If you watch for competition during Family Cup races that seems more powerful than expected, you might find several +2 and +3 cars that would be excellent choices for entering in an appropriate race. However, the RAM and Prius TS were the only cars that presented a problem for the JP tuning set.

The strategy of lowering the difficulty settings below the level of the RAM will spawn a competition set that is too slow for long tracks. The B-spec driver will pass them accidentally and never look back. However, it is also possible to increase the level above that of the RAM. That is why I suggested the levels of -3 and -6 for most cars. The RAM is mostly likely to appear at levels -4 and -5. Level -6 was usually below the RAM's level, and a reasonable setting for short tracks. The competition set seems to change slightly every 2 levels.

I have suggested in the past that a database of the competition sets for Family Cups might provide useful information for comparing modified cars to a power scale (FC +0). This would be helpful for people looking for more A-spec points, and B-spec testers looking for a more reliable set of floating point cars.

Now I've got another stupid question: what should I do to boost my battle skill? The ordinary "don't overtake early and finish with a small enough gap" doesn't work very well anymore.

Greycap
Now I've got another stupid question: what should I do to boost my battle skill? The ordinary "don't overtake early and finish with a small enough gap" doesn't work very well anymore.
Greycap
My B-spec has 7197/94/74/65 with only about 950 km driven, is this good or bad?
Updated information on skills is necessary to answer your question fully. It would also be helpful if you included a brief description of your playing style to date, current progress in the game, and B-spec goals. When new players reasearch this message, they need to compare their experience with yours to know if these answers apply to them.

Why is your battle skill lagging so far behind the course skill? This is usually seen by people who over power the competition and win by too much, or try to protect their win/loss ratio and boost B-spec skill by practicing. It can also be a positive boost to course skill from using B-spec to lay ghosts for missions and tests, take photos, or drive special cars that can't be raced.

It is normal for people to hit a point wall around 8000 points. The floating points tend to build quickly (7000) and some track points are accumulated during the races. To make more progress, it will be necessary to systematically collect track points with each of the 4 major classes of cars on each of the 58 B-spec tracks. Usually, 13 track points are collected, and course and battle skill increase every 100 points. It's slow going.

You were missing some machine points, an indication that many floating points remain in different powered cars. Have you used all 8 tunings on Nurburgring to collect as many floating points as possible? These are the easy points - always start with floating points on the Ring once you begin following the JP method to scrounge for points. Even after maxing the machine skill, it is advisable to continue with the Ring tunings because there is no way to confirm that all floating battle points have been collected (two perfect races with no points should be good enough; move on).

It's now 7278/94/75/66. I have 96,7% completed, a little over 6000 km on B-Spec (he just ran Sarthe II). I've let him run a dozen or so races lately and the battle skill still remains the same after them. He has won all these races by about three seconds.

The battle skill lagging behind the course skill is probably the result of some early races with monster cars against poor opposition. I don't use him to lay ghosts because his ghosts are of no use as I'm so much faster.

I haven't followed the method, just given Bob a chance to drive different races with different cars. He is going to race on the Ring tomorrow...

Orion_SR
No. This has been answered fully in previous messages. Please review the thread for more information.
I made a quick route to the key posts at:
B-spec Point Maximizing Quick-Reference Links

That thread is also referenced from the stickied FAQ post
LOOK HERE BEFORE YOU ASK – Many FAQs

I did at one point wade through at least one entire thread myself, but you will encounter a lot of misconceptions that way, so it's not necessarily useful.

But, actually, my 10000 point picture proves you don't need to win to get points...

IMG
(broken photobucket links) (or should be)

img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/SportWagon/GT4/Bspec10000Hsm.jpg

(I should eventually be able to restore a hot link to a personal copy of that image)
Eventually I uploaded as an attachment two related images.

Attachments

• Bspec10000Slg.jpg
    Bspec10000Slg.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Bspec10000Hlg.jpg
    Bspec10000Hlg.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Greycap
It's now 7278/94/75/66. I have 96,7% completed, a little over 6000 km on B-Spec (he just ran Sarthe II). I've let him run a dozen or so races lately and the battle skill still remains the same after them. He has won all these races by about three seconds.

The battle skill lagging behind the course skill is probably the result of some early races with monster cars against poor opposition. I don't use him to lay ghosts because his ghosts are of no use as I'm so much faster.

I haven't followed the method, just given Bob a chance to drive different races with different cars. He is going to race on the Ring tomorrow...

I don't even let him take first place until near the very end of the race. I try to hold him to a win of no more than 1.5 seconds. I also don't pass anyone until about 15 to 20 seconds. My course and battle skill points are only about seven points apart.

Also giving him a race that would be worth 50+ A-spec points helps a lot too.

Greycap

Okay, that makes a lot of sense then. You're in pretty good shape for a normal game. This advise is based on contining that strategy (without the method), and my experience cleaning up lost points on my first game.

Machine Points: I suspect there are several isolated pocket of floating points that will require some experimentation to find this late in the game. I raced the early races with A-spec and had a lot of low HP, and high skill influence, floating points available - anything in the Lupo A thru Miata B range. [The floating points have variable influence. Data indicates that low HP floating points have a stronger influence on skill than middle HP points - a bigger bang for the buck.]

I had a lot of floating battle points in the huge pot of middle HP points (almost half of all floating points are in the Miata C thru RSC A range - and those cars are tune-specific to the Ring). I tended to over power the competition when I first started racing with B-spec and missed a lot of the battle points for this range. However, these points were easy to hunt for once I knew the trick. The Imprezas, Skylines, and most of the Tuners have lots of options to play with, and any major modification might find some points. I repeated the JP Championship and other races for points and credits, and practiced tuning the cars. It worked well.

I also had quite a few floating points in the 350Z A range. I tended to upgrade my good race cars right away, and missed this whole range until the F1 series. Even after the F1 races, I still found a lot of points using unmodified performance cars. Fun races though; buy a fancy car and race it on the Ring.

Track Points: No one has tried to predict a method of collecting the maximum amount of track points without running Family Cup races. A lot of tracks are only used a few times during the game, and are often limited to a certain power range. The best guess of where to look for un-used track points are high-HP on short tracks (driving park) and low-HP on long tracks (Sarthe).

Widgeon Infantry's guide on GameFAQs.com includes a track database that lists which races they are associated with. This guide might help you predict where you are most likely to find un-used track points. http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/gran_turismo_4_b.txt
(GameFAQs.com is fickle today - I think they are doing maintance. These links work for me. )

BYW, endurance races are almost useless for B-spec points, especially this late in the game. It's not worth the risk of loosing a long race for the posibility of a few points that could easily be gained in two laps of a Family Cup race - or any other race on that track with that car. If the race requires more than one pit stop, then stomp them to death with the best car allowed. Or better yet, any car that is sure to win, but might find unique points. If you get any points at all, then pop over to the Family Cup to clean up the battle points later.

Links to gamefaqs.com FAQs get referrer errors. One needs to note the link name, and then find them from the top down.

Once you have found the link once, a direct link will likely appear to work because your browser will use the cached value of the page. But if your browser needs to fetch the page again, the link will not work. E.g. I just "followed" one of your links after I had found the page by going...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/
PlayStation 2 http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/
G http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/list_g.html
Gran Turismo 4 http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/data/561066.html
FAQs&Guides http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/game/561066.html
Widgeon Infantry http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/gran_turismo_4_b.txt

But all I need to do is "reload current page" on a link to gamefaqs.com FAQ, and I get the referrer error. (E.g. click on my final link above, and then "reload" that page; I claim you'll get the referrer error).

Using Microsoft Internet Explorer I was not even able to follow my link and use the cached copy; I got a referrer error even though I had retrieved the page immediately prior; Mozilla Firefox seems usually to use the cached value when I follow the link.

Actually, you seem to be able to give a direct link as deep as
FAQs&Guides http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/game/561066.html
so I'd say that's the most useful thing to do.

SportWagon
I did at one point wade through at least one entire thread myself, but you will encounter a lot of misconceptions that way, so it's not necessarily useful.
You're right. If you read the original B-spec thread you will find more fiction than fact. Thanks for posting more appropriate links. Since my messages are taking a slightly ornery tone, I'll continue with a small rant about the importance of collecting as many floating points as possible, and how it applies to the mathematics of predicting points.

I cannot predict the influence of floating points on skills, their influence appears to be variable. Once a machine skill of 100 has been reached, it is possible to predict how many track points remain by observing a change in course skill. A machine skill of 100, and course skill of 85, implies that only 1500 track points remain - because floating battle points have no influence on course skill, and all track points have a course weight of 100 (100 whole track points = 1 course skill). All other points below 8500 should be floating battle points.

Unfortunately, the influence of floating battle points also appears to be variable, so these points must be collected before the course skill can be compared to the battle skill to see if track battle points have been missed - the skills should be equal and change together. The difference between when the course and battle skill changes is an indication of how many track battle points are missing.

I suspect it is possible to refine this logic to make more accurate predictions of which points are missing, but can't quite get enough data. Data must be available at key moments to reduce errors from points beyond what is required to increment the course skill. Perhaps someone with stronger math skills would have better luck. I'm not sure it would help find many missing points. I think a better understanding of floating points would be more helpful.

Orion_SR
I'm not sure it would help find many missing points.

It is my sincere hope that if this type of system is implemented in the next GT, that said game would give some type of hint as to where the missing points may be.

I ran an untold number of Family Cup Races for over a week (following this system): https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1580846 trying to find the final 2 points. I finally got them with the Toyota RSC Rally Raid at the Super Speedway....imagine that.

attachment.php

TigJackson
It is my sincere hope that if this type of system is implemented in the next GT, that said game would give some type of hint as to where the missing points may be.

I ran an untold number of Family Cup Races for over a week (following this system): https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1580846 trying to find the final 2 points. I finally got them with the Toyota RSC Rally Raid at the Super Speedway....imagine that.
You're the 3rd person in a row to find the final missing points on Super Speedway. That track has been holding out on us. Well done, TigJackson. Way to follow it through to the end. I agree with the point hint suggestion. This game has been out for a long time and the best we can suggest is; try my favorite car on Nurburgring, or, have you been back to Super Speedway recently?

TigJackson

Orion_SR
You're the 3rd person in a row to find the final missing points on Super Speedway. That track has been holding out on us.

Do you think that the Super Speedway is the track that is holding the last points? Or is it all of the races that has been done prior to super speedway with each race/track giving a fraction of a point and then finally all of the fraction of points was added and given to you after the speedway race?

I am at 9985/100/99/99 I must have missed a track some where along the way. I got board trying to found it so I have been doing some a-spec racing. But with Super Speedway find I am going to try that track and see what happens when I get home after work. I’ll let you know what happens.

gt4falcon
Do you think that the Super Speedway is the track that is holding the last points? Or is it all of the races that has been done prior to super speedway with each race/track giving a fraction of a point and then finally all of the fraction of points was added and given to you after the speedway race?

I am at 9985/100/99/99 I must have missed a track some where along the way. I got board trying to found it so I have been doing some a-spec racing. But with Super Speedway find I am going to try that track and see what happens when I get home after work. I’ll let you know what happens.
Super Speedway - Fractions: (9999/100/99/99) Like all short tracks, Super Speedway is a good choice to look for that last stray fraction. Don't get too hung up on how complicated the fractions might be. It seems more likely that only one or two are hanging out somewhere - probably a short track, maybe anywhere. But start with Super Speedway; it's been lucky for several people now.

Super Speedway - Battle Points: (9998/100/99/99) My experience was that trying to earn all the battle points in one race can be difficult on some tracks - repeated races are necessary. Super Speedway in particular, will only give 2 battle points for a really good race, and a couple more good races may be required to coax the stubborn couple of points out of the track.

It's hard to tell how many stubborn batttle points are on the track. If you have never raced with that class of car, it shows as collecting 11 points (2 remaining). If you previously blew out the competition in an endurance race (4 remaining), it now shows 2 points earned (2 remaining). So it's hard to tell if you collected 2 of 2, or 2 of 4 remaining points. I had trouble with the 350Z A, but by the time I was collecting track battle points with that car, I knew exactly how many points to expect.

Lost Track - Track Points (9996/100/99/99, or 9986/100/99/99): This happened to me on my clean up game. I didn't keep precise enough records so I forgot to race one track in one direction and didn't clean up the 4 battle points on the track. I went back to the races just before and after I went to bed, when I was most likely to have made a mistake, and got lucky and found the lost track after only a few races.

gt4falcon; 9985/100/99/99 - I would agree that you are probably missing a track point; otherwise the course skill should be 100, so go check out the Super Speedway. However, I strongly suspect you are missing a pocket of floating battle points. When your skills changed to 98, did they change together? Could you estimate the difference based on the changes to 97, 96 and 95? If this difference is only 1 or 2 points, then you probably missed an entire track - 13 points of even course and battle skill.

I think it is unlikely that you have 15 stubborn points stuck in the tracks. There just aren't enough tracks that are that picky. Also, the fractions don't seem to be spread all over the place; I suspect they are rare, like the stubborn battle points, only smaller. So unless your records show that your course and battle skills changed at almost the same level, I'd recommend scrounging for lost floating battle points.

My best guess is that you have a couple of missing track points, and a small pocket of floating points. Several people have reported that the JP tuning set doesn't always work mid-game, and experimenting with different cars is necessary. I would recommend starting with a 75 HP normal car, then get a different car with 125 HP or so, and work on up through the power ranges. This is the "normal game" strategy for floating points. Buy a cheap car, upgrade slowly, win a better car, upgrade slowly - eventually you should get all the points. It's not supposed to be that hard; lots of people report a machine skill of 100 without any trouble. Floating battle points should be just as easy - if the races are close. The hard part is finding the last couple of points - they could be anywhere.

There is no reason that you need to race for floating points only on Nurburgring. I was searching through some old notes looking for some information for SportWagon, and came across my records for collecting a stubborn pocket of points with the Miata C. I knew the only floating points left were in this car, but I couldn’t get at them without racing on the track with course points. So I did a little testing without auto-save off to see which tracks would provide floating points when others didn’t. This list may only apply to the particular points I was after, or maybe these tracks are better for all floating points. But if you are sick and tired of racing on Nurburgring, these tracks might be good options for floating points.

Generous Tracks for Miata C
Tokyo Route 246 - R
High Speed Ring - R
Fuji Speedway 90s – ** very fast
Fuji Speedway 80s
Twin Ring Super Speed – very slow
Fuji 2005 - slow
Fuji 2005 GT - slow
Nurburgring
Sarthe I - * fast
Sarthe II

TigJackson

You are the author of
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1580846
and one of the earliest people to bring the algorithm over to gtplanet.net , in English, rescued from the harsh excessive impermanence of the gamefaqs.com boards. (true, you did not author the details of the method, but you did post it!)

Congratulations. I remembered someone who gave up on the last two points, but I didn't realize it was you.

Congratulations and thanks for your help and inspiration in my successful quest. (Okay, I'm not sure how independently you and Orion_SR brought stuff from Japanese and/or gamefaqs).

SportWagon
Congratulations. I remembered someone who gave up on the last two points, but I didn't realize it was you.
That wasn't me. I didn't start in earnest on this venture until about 09/01/2005, but I already had 9807 B-Spec points at that time. It took me much longer to get from 9,998 to 10,000, than it did to get from 9,807 to 9,998, however.

As I stated in that original post, I merely copied that information from two of the posts found in the original 500 post thread at GameFaqs. If I remember correctly, Orion_SR started that thread, but most of the posts were somewhat confusing and contradictory in nature.

I simply combined two posts that seemed to have the most value. I saved it here for future reference, and I am very glad that the information contained therein helped you, me, and hopefully others, to reach this goal.

Back